Rogue One-Too (Star Wars, GM guided, small group) CLOSED

Started by BitterSweet, December 18, 2016, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitterSweet

We are looking for one pilot for our ship the Razors Edge.  We have several of the strong, silent types and or the silent grumpy pants type so should someone be moved towards a different personality type that would certainly add some variety to the crew!  You can post the character concept in this thread for review.  Only accepted characters go in the character thread.

Please read the first post to get an idea of what we're looking for.  In particular; we are all Rebels, and even if the character is unsure or possibly conflicted, they should not be hostile to the idea.

Captain Whitebread

Shaa Raa is not a silent grumpy pants...

<mutters to himself>
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

BitterSweet

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 16, 2017, 02:12:13 PM
Shaa Raa is not a silent grumpy pants...

<mutters to himself>

I'm sure he's a sweetheart under there ... somewhere.

Chi

I'm totally interested! Working on a character right now, hoping I'm doing it right. Defected (no not defective wander hehe) ex-imperial scout who can fly anything smaller than a capital ship.

I have a great knowledge of the Star Wars universe from my early indoctrination as a child by my father lol. I have many resources that we can farm stuff from and am glad to share links to anything that you might need. The D6 Holocron is a great place to source a gazillion ships and items and pretty much everything that's ever existed in the EU.

Blind Luck would be a cool ship name too...just saying.

Back with my toon shortly!

Chi
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

la dame en noir

Damn, just noticed that someone else will be taking the spot.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Chi

Never hurts to have more than one pilot of one gets incapped. Pilot/co-pilot navigator?

Here's a king to various transports from the Holocron Space Transports

And here's my toon!

Player Name: Chi
Timezone: UTC-5 (Eastern Standard)
Expected posting rate: (7 day minimum)

Krytanne ‘Tannie’ Liszter
Character race, sex and orientation:  Near-human Lorrdian, Female, Straight
Character Role: Scout Corps
Build: Slender and wiry
Description: Krytanne is a tall, red haired woman who looks younger than her 30 standard years. Lean and toned from her Scout experiences, she is petite for her height, but certainly not skinny. She prefers to wear rugged and tough cargo pants tucked into sturdy boots, with a tank top and multi-pocketed vest as well where she stashes all of her various sensor gear and scanners. A modified Blastech DL-18 pistol rides in a holster on her thigh and she’s got a vibroshiv tucked into her left boot.

Quirks and oddities: Tannie tends to speak before thinking things through sometimes, which has led her to having to run for her life after telling tribal leaders that they should stick to fornicating with their livestock when she was really trying to make a trade for said animals. She also tends to be somewhat hyper and can get bored if there’s nothing ‘interesting’ for her to check out or investigate.

What Do You Do? With her Scout training she has learned Piloting/Astrogation (blind jumps specialty), Planetary Exploration & Surveying, Survival (multiple biospheres), some Diplomacy, Negotiation and Communication (primitive cultures specialty),  and Ship Gunnery.

Knack: Survivor

Talent: Tannie is a natural mimic due to her Lorrdian ancestry and with some time and observation can imitate people’s mannerisms and voices almost perfectly. This can either be intentional or unintentional. She also picks up physical cues from people fairly easily if she’s been able to observe them for some time.

Personality: Friendly, loyal and helpful to a fault, ‘Tannie’ is a sassy young woman whose inquisitive nature will get the best of her at times. She always has some sort of gadget out taking readings of this or that and picking up something that might interest her. Quick-witted, she can sometimes be annoying when she gets a little too sarcastic when someone is being blatantly obtuse. "Really? You had no idea that Jabba the Hutt was a crime lord? Puh-LEASE have you not seen ANYTHING on the Holonets in like forever??"

Background: Krytanne was born on Praesitlyn where her parents were part of an opera company on a galactic tour. As soon as they were able to her parents returned her to Lorrd where she was raised by her extended family and learned the Lorrdian kinetic language that had been developed during the Kanz disorders, and further enhanced her natural mimic talents.

Her natural wanderlust led Tannie to The Academy, and after graduating with honors she was recruited into the Scouts Corps. After a few years of ‘scutting’ for the more experienced scouts and doing their dirty work she was finally assigned her own ship. She was in heaven, it was just her and the stars and the planets she found. She loved the independence and adventure, and finding new races of people.

But not long afterward she saw the dark underbelly of the Empire’s scouting practices and how they enslaved every new sentient race they found and sucked their planets dry of usable resources. The first chance she got she sent her beloved little Sienar Lone Scout-A on a course into a dark nebula before hopping into the life pod…Fortunately before she ran out of supplies she was picked up by a Rebel picket ship and has never looked back.

Anything else: Her biggest fear is being recognized as a deserter at some point and having to avoid capture and being sent to the spice mines of Kessel.

Meta Info:
What do you want to do in this game: Action, adventure, drama, comedy and if romance happens it happens.
Something you’d like to have your character involved in, or happen to them: I’m up for anything, but maybe being put on the spot to get the group out of the frying pan before winding up in the fire on a hostile planet with not so friendly natives on our tails!
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

BitterSweet

So –
Question for both current players and those who have expressed interest.  Current ship is pretty much full up but I’ve gotten interest from others and … I can never say no.  >.<

Would folks be interested in opening <a second location I’m keeping secret for now> for a more freeform location for incoming players?

As I’m able and is reasonable for the location, I’d be providing adventure seeds and so forth but it’d be less mission oriented for now.

Downside being that the current shipboard players would be on the ship while other folks would be hanging out drinking Jabba The Hutt’s Very Stout Stout™ or whatever.

Also, perhaps a roll call from current players, if you please?

Wargtass

Not entirely sure I am clear on what you are suggesting here. Further exposition would be appreciated. Like a second team orrr...?

And consider this my resounding AYE for the roll call.  ;D
O/O

BitterSweet

Quote from: Wargtass on January 18, 2017, 11:08:35 AM
Not entirely sure I am clear on what you are suggesting here. Further exposition would be appreciated. Like a second team orrr...?

And consider this my resounding AYE for the roll call.  ;D

A second location, planet side, that would be available for incoming players.  If I/we/they come up with a mission, they'd also be a second team.  In the future, teams would be created from the available pool of players based on interest and skill sets.

Make better sense?

Wargtass

Affirmative, I wouldn't mind that, as long as you can keep up.  ;)
O/O

Lithium

Quote from: BitterSweet on January 18, 2017, 11:20:12 AM
A second location, planet side, that would be available for incoming players.  If I/we/they come up with a mission, they'd also be a second team.  In the future, teams would be created from the available pool of players based on interest and skill sets.

Make better sense?

Sounds cool to me, can't see any down sides as long as you can handle it, like Warg said~