News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

T_T My Installer stopped because I ran out of space. And I have no idea what I can clear off my hard drive to give it more...god damn it Blizzard....now I won't be able to play WoW.

Callie Del Noire

I run three instances of WoW on my computer. The perks of having over a TB of drive space to play with. :D

Of course I've been playing off and on all day wolfy. :-P

The trick with the temp files is to find the ones that you don't need anymore (ie..the previous installs.. I checked one buddies PC..he had almost every patch file dating back to release on his PC!)

Wolfy

I was just about to ask, is it ok to delete patches 3.0.1 to 3.2.2? Cause..I still have those files.

I now have 20 gb free on my computer....I wonder if that will be enough. o-o;

TheGlyphstone

Well, official status update that they're uploading final files, and expect to have all realms functional within an hour.

So, where have we heard this before? Oh, right - an hour ago.

Wolfy

The official website is crashing because too many people are on it. o-o

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 12, 2010, 06:05:12 PM
Well, official status update that they're uploading final files, and expect to have all realms functional within an hour.

So, where have we heard this before? Oh, right - an hour ago.

and you'll see it an hour from now...and a hour from then.. and so on and so forth. :D

Wolfy

I could really use an answer to my question...Callie. *pokes*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 12, 2010, 06:07:47 PM
I could really use an answer to my question...Callie. *pokes*

Maybe.. more space is always good.

*pokes back*

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 12, 2010, 06:11:01 PM
Maybe.. more space is always good.

*pokes back*

Well what I'm wondering is are they important. o-o

Wolfy

Also..in case anyone is wondering..I managed to free up 8.96 GB by deleting stuff from Ether Saga Online and Perfect World...apparently the uninstaller didn't take it all away. >_>

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 12, 2010, 06:16:53 PM
Also..in case anyone is wondering..I managed to free up 8.96 GB by deleting stuff from Ether Saga Online and Perfect World...apparently the uninstaller didn't take it all away. >_>
Not everyone uses the tools Microsoft designs to clean up after themselves. It always boggles my mind what is left behind from an 'uninstall'. I don't blame MS at all about it. (and in fact it's easier to find those elements on MS than on OS X)

Wolfy

It's funny, because the installer was what was left..and for ether saga, it was 1.8 GB alone. O-o

Plus...when I tried to delete it, Windows Explorer would freeze up...a little bit suspicious..<_<>_>

Saerrael

You could use an uninstall program to get rid of files like that. Or a cleanup program.

Wolfy

Well, I use CCCleaner...but...apparently it doesn't handle files like that. o-o

Callie Del Noire

Not sure how to help you there wolfy, that's a browser game right?

Check their website to see what is said about removing it.

Saerrael

I use Revo uninstaller for it, Wolfy.

Wolfy

Also..the installer is only 33% done, and already it's gobbled up 7 GB. o-o

This patch is a ****ing beast. O-o....Though..I hear once it gets installed, it deletes all the temporary files that it had to make, thus freeing up space again. O-o

Hmm..weird...O-o...it gobbled up 7 GB, and now my computer is saying that it's not using up any more space while it continues to install....perhaps only installing the Cata things takes up space, while the rest just gets updated? o3o

Wolfy

O_o...everyone's gotten quiet..makes me think the servers are back up. T_T

Saerrael

*lives in Europe*
I get the patch fun, like, now.. *purses lips*

Wolfy

Quote from: Saerra on October 12, 2010, 07:11:08 PM
*lives in Europe*
I get the patch fun, like, now.. *purses lips*

Teehee....I hear the Europe patch is bigger than US.

still..it's a beast! O-o...It's like..Deathwing himself! in Patch form!

TheGlyphstone

It's ALIIIIIIIVE!

Well, sort of. Logged in, got to select my realm and character, and it's stuck at 99.99% of the loading game screen.

Saerrael

Quote from: Wolfy on October 12, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Teehee....I hear the Europe patch is bigger than US.

still..it's a beast! O-o...It's like..Deathwing himself! in Patch form!

I know >.< At least I have room >.>

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 12, 2010, 07:16:54 PM
It's ALIIIIIIIVE!

Well, sort of. Logged in, got to select my realm and character, and it's stuck at 99.99% of the loading game screen.

Oh, god, I hate when that happens...

Wolfy

50% installed, and 10.7 GB left. T-T...I don't know if I'll have room or not. T_T and I really can't find anything else to uninstall...if only there was a program that could show me what programs are taking up the largest amount of space so I could uninstall them. D:

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

What it's basically doing is installing Cata already. O-o....Cause it's installing things like 'Worgen town square" and other stuff..

So..basically..they could probably release Cata right now. >_> Laaaazy.