Interest Check - Star Wars (non-con, possibly extreme)

Started by Robyn Hood, January 06, 2016, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn Hood

Okay...

I would really like to try to be part of a Star Wars game wherein there is a good plot but a hefty amount of smut as well. With a good dose of ravishing monsters thrown in as well. The overall idea is taken from other games I’ve seen on here and things I enjoy. The game will end up in the extreme category but ‘extreme’ only happens on player permission. I admit my success rate on games has been slim but I would like to try to get it to work and am happy to run it. For that reason I think it should be kept small, 4 – 6 max. If for some reason there is more interest, I’ll look for a co-DM to help out and take more.

I cannot really make up my mind on system or not. I guess at the least it would be semi-freeform picking one of several very light systems. Otherwise I was looking around and there is the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game. I’ve never been part of that but I have no problem doing some reading and getting things going.

The high-level plot concept is that there are creatures and people who need to feed off the Force to sustain them. Some kind of corruption of the Force itself is ‘infecting’ these beings and all Force sensitive people (Jedi, Sith and others) can be victims. With the overall idea that the characters are out to find out what is going or have somehow managed to get themselves caught up with others who are trying to find out what is going on. When you lose a fight to such a being (creature or I guess I’ll call them ‘Force Vampires’) they drain the Force and life from you. And yes, it just so happens the way they do that is through sex (Force-d sex?) I was thinking the protagonists to be mainly if not exclusively female. Because of the threat this poses dark and light side-minded might decide to set aside differences to work together, as a reason if a group wants to be mixed in that way.

Just looking to see if there is any interest in this type of game.

Thanks  :-)

Muse

That's a very exiting concept, Robyn.  I'd love to play. 

(Are you familair with Star Wars Saga editon, by the way?  I highly recmend it.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

KirbysFolly

Oh man, I would be very interested in this, especially if it used the Fantasy Flight Games systems. Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny. Of the three, Force and Destiny is the newest, and specifically focused on Force-using characters, although the other two do include stuff to make Force-using characters.

Ixy

I'm interested, but I'd prefer not to be too heavily reliant on a system and would rather focus on storyline, if that's a possibility.  I can learn a system, but I'd rather see roleplay.  The only time I tried to join a Star Wars game, it fell apart due to players that just dropped off. 

Would this be something that writers could join as a novice to Star Wars games and 'canon'? 

schnookums

tuckers02

I'm interested and I'm with Ixy.  Heavily story driven and light on the mechanics.

JaySwitch

summoner2183

AnneReinard

Discussed in the other Star Wars thread, but I figure giving my two cents on the matter doesn't hurt.

FFG's Star Wars has fantastic narrative dice and a pretty smooth system once you get used to it. It takes a little bit of play to get used to interpreting the dice, but once that is done, that is done.

The downside is that unless you have a plan set for how you will be handling the dice, it will be a nightmare. Rolling 1dX over and over again, following the conversion table, and that ilk can be done... but it is painful. I've heard talk of people's solutions to this, but I don't know of one that works well for PBP in terms of storing information such that it can be viewed by both player and GM.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

KirbysFolly

The custom dice are a bit annoying, even if the resolution mechanic can do some cool story stuff.

In the event you do end up running the game, and use the FFG system, I could offer some mechanical help. I've got the three core books.  :-)

wigglebiscuit

I'd also like to express interest in this game. I have a Twi-lek I've been dying to play...

Jaded

wander

I've got the Edge of the Empire corebook, but never got to reading it... I may just be interested in this, as I'd love to go ahead and make up a character. :)

Will we need any other books at all? I'll have to check to my library to see what I have and haven't got.

hellrazoromega

If this is still open I have some interest. I have almost all of the FF system books and the system is amazing in the way it add to the narrative in the hands of a good group. My only complaint with it is that while it works well for novice Force users, the Force mechanics do not fit the themes of Star Wars for full blown Jedi or Sith---at least IMO. I'd have been here sooner but I had a wicked flu for the past several days  :P

Robyn Hood

Quote from: Ixy on January 06, 2016, 05:06:00 PM
I'm interested, but I'd prefer not to be too heavily reliant on a system and would rather focus on storyline, if that's a possibility.  I can learn a system, but I'd rather see roleplay.  The only time I tried to join a Star Wars game, it fell apart due to players that just dropped off. 

Would this be something that writers could join as a novice to Star Wars games and 'canon'?

Considering I'm a novice I'd say yes ^_^

Having read up a little on those new Star Wars books, although they are interesting i'm not sure if they are all that conducive to forum role play and am thinking to go with something much more light like FATE.

Muse

Have you glanced at SAGA, Robyn? 

It's a simple variant on the d20 system.  Not at all klunky, basicly ballanced, and girls are perfectly capable of adventuring without armor  :) 

If you're wlling to use it I'd be happy to help you out. 

If not, I'm still interested in playing. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jezabelle

I'm very interested in something like this--I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other as long as we don't get bogged down in the mechanical aspect.  As has been rightly observed in this thread, tends to kill the flow of forum-based RPs.

wander

Ah and just as I was putting together a Rodian Explorer/Assassin for the game!  :D

I do own FATE, though it's not my fave system, I'll see how things develop here. I don't own SAGA, but I may be able to chase a lend off a friend, maybe. Depends if it's in their library or not.

Muse