New Ons and Offs... Where?

Started by Nessy, October 22, 2009, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessy

I feel silly asking, but hey, I dont' want to spend all night looking. I see the forum chat about the ons and offs version 2 but no link so where is it at? A direct link and a how to get to it from the main site would be awesome. Thanks!
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Butterflykiss

Nessy

Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Doomsday

Veks said he'll put a link to it in our profiles. Don't know if or when this will happen.

Nessy

Oh i see it at the top of the site now. that makes it easy :-). nice.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Haibane

Once you've set yours up, and submitted it, if you click the button/tab again it takes you back to your saved O/Os so you can make easy changes.

Skye

An our links are now at the bottom of our avatars! Spiffy!
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Haibane

Nessy

Quote from: Reign on October 25, 2009, 04:00:49 AM
An our links are now at the bottom of our avatars! Spiffy!

Sweet, even better. Say isnt' there supposed to be a search function attached to the new ons and offs?
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Vekseid

Quote from: Nessy on October 26, 2009, 09:03:36 PM
Sweet, even better. Say isnt' there supposed to be a search function attached to the new ons and offs?

Yesyes : )

Nessy

Quote from: Vekseid on October 26, 2009, 09:12:11 PM
Yesyes : )

As in it is coming or as in i missed the obvious somewhere  O:)?
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Vekseid

It's coming, still working out how to structure it a bit : )

I want it intuitive enough that you can enter it in the url, and I want to weight the results partly by activity. I may also specifically set aside results on your buddy list so as to encourage meeting new people. Stuff like that.

Nessy

Sounds good. I still like my original on/off because its got a lot info but this quick summary thing could be handy :-)
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Vekseid

I may rename them to 'personal threads' or something but otherwise, they aren't going anywhere : )

Nessy

I appreciate the effort. I really do.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Saerrael

Quote from: Nessy on October 26, 2009, 11:17:37 PM

As do I. And can't wait to see this completed. Sounds not only efficient, but also lots of fun.

Wishing you luck, Veks, hoping that your magical fingers and mind untie this bundle and weave it into the vision you have.

*Bows low for the God.*

Haibane

Quote from: Nessy on October 26, 2009, 11:17:37 PM
Concur. I do like the idea of searching and pulling out someone you've never met who may have 3 or 4 key things that mesh with your preferences, then approaching them to discuss a game. It could be a tool that really opens up the community in terms of spreading people's horizons beyond their customary comfortable circle of friends.