News:

Main Menu

Joining AFROTC

Started by VioletPanda, November 03, 2014, 06:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

So, I'm joining the ROTC program at my college! I'm really looking forward to it, but I have some questions, if anyone has answers, I'd be very grateful for the help!
   My situation:  I discovered the program in my Junior year of college. I've had a couple rough semesters and am getting the grades fixed ASAP. I am about halfway through my degree at the moment.

1. I know for the scholarships, you need to be a full time student, but what about a non-scholarship cadet? Considering where I am in my degree -I also plan to change my major- should I take fewer classes to stay within the ROTC progam's four year guideline? Should I take another degree?

2. I need to be able to support myself, so I need to have a job that is part time. Can I do that and still be able to be in the program? I know there are scholarships, but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle a full course load and ROTC, and work.

3. I have heard that ROTC has lots of extra events besides the PT in the morning and the lab that for the program here in AK is on Fridays. Will this prevent me from working?

4. How difficult is the PT when you first enter the program? Do they start you off easy?

I'm sure I'll think of more, but thanks so much!
   3. Considering I also 
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Beorning

Hmmmm. I don't know any answers to your questions, LukaWolf, but I have a question for you instead:

Are you not afraid???  :o :o :o

I mean, they could send you to war or something..!

VioletPanda

While it is a concern,  I want to go into Intelligence.  I feel like they are going to prepare me for what may happen.  Also,  I'll finish my degree in 2 years or so,  then I will go and learn stuff which takes about a year if I get the job I'm going for.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

zemo8801

Hmm I could tell you that it's a big  test on your mind but this is just going of words from my brothers who joined shortly after getting out of school so I'm  not  sure what I can tell you to expect
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas