Star Trek: Hell's Cradle

Started by rainshadow, February 12, 2008, 03:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainshadow

Not your typical Star Trek RPG. The idea is very simple. Two Starfleet officers, a man and a woman, are alone on a shuttlecraft.

Well, it's not quite as simple as it sounds. Said officers have been rivals aboard their ship (the U.S.S. Cavalier) for several months. My character will be a security officer with a shoot-first-ask-questions-later mentality, something that has gotten him in trouble in the past. He is Lieutenant Richard Dawson.

Starfleet has sent these two officers into the Hell's Cradle, a "dead" region of space, meaning the external sensors and long-range communications are useless. To make matters worse, their allies on the outside cannot follow their progress. They are completely blind to the outside, save what they can see through the viewport.

Ten days ago a Vulcan research vessel limped out of Hell's Cradle on 10% impulse, the entire crew dead... except for one man, who has gone missing. Records reveal that the one crewmember ejected in an escape pod, somewhere out in the Cradle. The man missing is none other than Brandon Douglas, Captain of the U.S.S. Cavalier, the very ship on which our two characters serve.

But this story isn't about rescuing Captain Douglas. This is about the development of a relationship between two unlike individuals who come together at a time of crisis.

Details to the story will be collaborated on once I have the other player. Looking for a female character for a light one-on-one freeform roleplay. RL gender is not a concern.

While I want for the characters to seem outwardly to appear nothing like one another, I'm only asking for a very basic description of their personality. They do not know one another save for their job. What I really want to do is develop the characters on the fly, having each learn about the other very similarly as is done in real life. This is about first impressions and working past them to discover the intricate layers of a person.

Please PM me if you're interested. Here's the type of info I'm looking for (and my own as an example):

NAME: Richard Dawson
POSITION: Security Officer
MENTALITY: Shoot-first-ask-questions-later. He's not shy about giving his opinion of the situation at hand, even if it means conflicting with his superiors. A big mouth with a bigger gun, he's been accused of having a Klingon's temper... though is also considered to have a Vulcan's precision with a phaser.

Feel free to shoot the breeze with me a bit when you PM me, to help me get a feel for your writing style. I'll probably ask a few questions before I make a decision. Nothing terribly difficult. Just something to get an idea of who I want to play with. Hell, if I get more than one that I really like, I wouldn't be opposed to doing two such games.

Your character doesn't have to be limited to human, so long as the species can "realistically" be a Starfleet officer. Our "era" for the story will also be decided after I have another player.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

rainshadow

No takers? Oh well, I completely understand. I'm not giving up hope that someone will give it a go, though. :)
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Elvi

Patience grasshopper...

Two days isn't long in the scheme of things, someone will be along.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

rainshadow

It's only been two days!??

LOL... my internal clock's been VERY screwy lately. Feels more like a week.