The Roads Less Traveled (Mage the Awakening)

Started by Anon315, May 25, 2013, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

It would appear that Awakening runs in families…?

Trilogy

I leave for a few days and a MtA game starts up...

I don't suppose you have room for one more? I understand if not, but Mage is my favorite nWoD line and I've been wanting to play again for ages. I have like 5 unused character concepts lying around so I can avoid stepping on anyone's toes, promise

Anon315

I will be picking people at the end of the application process. Spots are still up for grabs. Based on who I have in two days' time, I will form a group. Then we will start. You have two days.

AndyZ

After some reconsideration, switched Orchid's Vice to Pride.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

DarkNevaeh

yep...and theres some hidden backstory there too ^_^

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: DarkNevaeh on June 03, 2013, 10:45:22 PM
yep...and theres some hidden backstory there too ^_^
Cool.

(I assume you were replying to me? You didn't quote me.)

DarkNevaeh

LoL yes I was, sorry.    I hope that I get to join and bring some of that back story to light.  I'm working on an actual sheet...those always take me longest. 

Anon, quick question- are all books in play?

Anon315

All WW Mage books are in play. If you're not sure about something, ask me. If I don't have the book, I might ask what you're talking about, such as your Legacy, but generally until it has mechanical impact, it's not a grand concern. And I do have a long list of books.

EDIT: Also, to those PMing: Put whatever you want on here. Whatever you feel is enough to relate your character to me. If you think three sentences will get the point across, write that much. If you write six pages, gonna tell you now, I tl;dr after about four-six paragraphs a section. I'll read it all eventually, but during selection process, time is critical, and I'm working 60 hours a week right now.

DarkNevaeh

Fair, thank you.

and my Legacy comes from Grimoire of Grimoires under 'The Loquacious Grimoire'. 

Rook Seidhr

Discovered a math error to the tune of 10 XP in Anaximander's sheet. Dropping back to Gnosis 2.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=583497

Anon315

Gave my once-over to the apps, they look good. None too long for me to read in excruciating detail later. Still time (one day, maybe day + few hours) if Trilogy wanted to toss a hat into the ring. I dunno... originally I had wanted a smallish group, but... I've played with most of you. You are good and fairly dedicated roleplayers, and given that my rare running of games has more to do with my disillusionment with internet RPers than an unwillingness or dis-enthusiasm, I may just strain myself taking all of you. 7-8 is a slightly large group, but... it allows for potential splitting of the party without TPK. Yes I use these terms. Had a game where they pulled a Scooby Doo and split the 5 into 2/3. 2 mages with about 50 xp versus 4 ghouls. Shaggy bit the dust. I recommend never going out in groups less than 3-4. Bad things happen. To reiterate something I've had to state for groups going back nearly 20 years now:

This is the World of DARKNESS. You aren't going to win the lottery without more fate than you should have. Cars break down. Everything that can go wrong will, but only if it's the least opportune time for it to do so. It will rain when you're wearing white and don't have an umbrella. Double chance if you're cute (Luca). That doesn't mean there can't be joy. In even the darkest world, a light can shine through. It just gets snuffed out rather more readily than otherwise. Just expect that you may have to be that light for yourselves. Bad things happen in this world; to good people and bad people alike.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Anon315 on June 04, 2013, 09:44:49 AM
Had a game where they pulled a Scooby Doo and split the 5 into 2/3. 2 mages with about 50 xp versus 4 ghouls. Shaggy bit the dust.
Zoinks!
(someone had to say it)

Pumpkin Seeds

Well 7-8 also allows for the initial drop that I find many games experience.  Not because of lack of dedication but just life events/expectations of the game/whatever occurring. 

AndyZ

It may work well to have the group split into two allied cabals if we do have everyone after the first few scenes though
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Anon315

And with the passing of my noon hour, applications are closed. I will have selections in the next several hours, and starting threads up for characters, OOC chatter, and IC DOOM! DOOM I say!

Anon315

Character Name         Player Name        Path        Order
Mike CampbellMuseObrimosAdamantine Arrow
JenniePumpkin SeedsMorosAdamantine Arrow
Luca Simeon RossaDarkNevaehMastigosFree Council
Thomas SmithRe Z LMastigos Guardian of the Veil
Martin ChoreRivedaAcanthusMysterium
OrchidAndyZMorosMysterium
Alma BrownMarie ReynoldsThrysusSilver Ladder

This is what I have. Seven. That's one over what I wanted, but owing to the fact that I'm horrible at excluding people when it's like one or two people as opposed to a dozen (Somehow being a bigger jerk makes me feel less bad... probably because it's spread out), and also the fact that one or two might fizzle out in the offing, I'll go with this group. I will desire character sheets by the end of the week (and my weeks start on Mondays), as I don't foresee anything Earth-shattering occurring before then.

Character Sheets

OOC Thread

IC thread up soon... a powerful tiredness has struck me, and I had to indulge in a nap.