NWoD- High School of the Dead [Ex,NC,System]

Started by Miyu, March 02, 2012, 03:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

"Mr.Hoshida what is that adult doing at the gate? he looks sick could we help?" the worried science teacher Ms.Hishota asked the self defense teacher Mr. Hoshida. She was quite a beautiful woman, standing over five feet with long black hair and blue eyes, the students often called her, Siren Hishota due to her beauty. In exchange Hoshida was more rough of a man, he had muscle over muscle and his arm alone could be as wide as two woman legs. He had short black hair and black eyes and was often feared by the students. He was looking at a man behind the gate, his eyes pure white and his odor was one of pure death. He kept dragging his feet and banging into the gate which brought the attention of the teachers.

Mr. Hoshida grabbed the man by his shirt and slammed him against the fence of the school. The man did not seemed to react or even made any indication that he was hurt, he just stood there without moving or talking, moaning sounds coming from his mouth. All of the sudden he lifted his arms and grabbed Hoshida's arm biting him harshly on his arm. The teeth sank in deep as he continued to bite on the wound. Mr.Hoshida screamed out loud and started punching the man's he managed to get him off as mr.Hoshida fell to the ground, blood coming from the mouth of the man behind the gate as well as the wound inflicted to Mr.Hoshida.

He fell down to the ground as Hishota tried to tend to him, however he was gone. As she tried to figure out what to do she saw his fingers moving. She was happy, he did not died and that meant she could get help. Rushing to him she pressed her ear on the man's chest. Suddenly she felt something grab her and biting her neck, it was Hoshida as he took a chunk out of the woman's neck the woman falling on the ground and dying. Soon both bodies stood up and the nightmare started in Muramane High School, who will survive the end of the world?

OOC: From ST To Player

1-   NWOD character sheet rules
2-   I don’t want to see the daughter or son of a mafia boss, or I don’t want to see something out of the ordinary. I AM LOOKING FOR NORMAL STUDENTS, if you are a student you will have minimal knowledge on the use of guns, unless there is something in your background that will allow you to know even so I will tell you the max points for firearms you can get.
3-   I want normal teachers, would a teacher know firearms? Yea sure they can but they would not go pass the second point in skills.
4-   I will look over the skills, anything over three points MUST BE EXPLAINED. Three points and up are almost expert levels on the subject and nobody it’s a expert THIS IS A HIGH SCHOOL.
5-   For those who don’t know how to make a character sheet just let me know and I will help you out.
6-   I am looking for people who can post a minimum of a paragraph long,  that means seven sentences. I WILL ACCEPT NO ONE LINERS.
7-   Depending the quality of your posts I will give rewards. if you posts are not good enough and you are in a pinch I will not help you with ‘St luck’, the world has gone to shit you should have more than enough to make quite a few paragraphs of it.
8-   I can deny any profile I want if I don’t think it meets with what I have in mind. I will however tell you why I did not allow it and you are more than welcomed to try and fix it.
9-     Some stuff from the armory book can be allowed, ask and I shall tell you

Character Sheet

Picture:
Name:
Personality:
Limits:
Bio:

Character Sheet:  http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart

TheHangedOne

I am entirely unfamiliar with NWoD, although I am familiar with OWoD (Especially Vampire and Ghoul). I would need some help with the sheet and the rules, but would be quite interested in joining.

Will likely play a genre-savvy nerd, unless lampshading stuff and cracking jokes ic would be frowned upon.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Miyu

lol I would gladly help you out hon, do you have any messengers? if so hit me up on pm

Miyu

Muse

*Grins!* 

Yay! 

I'd like to play either the captain of the kendo club--a guy--or a girl who is a tribute to the kendo girl from the series. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miyu

You mean Saeko? she is the captain of the kendo club in the series the blue haired sicko woman ^^

TheHangedOne

Sounds quite interesting, Muse. If you do, we may need to chat about our characters relation, as I have my own character being a member of the kendo club.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name: Shine Masateru
Personality: Generally a nice guy, though he can be very bullheaded at times. Although he is a modestly good member of the Kendo team, he is known around school for consecutively being in the top five of his class every semester since his first year. He is easily one of the most intelligent kids at the school, though this causes him to distance himself from others.

Still, he is known to go out of his way to help out the first years, or anybody that looks like they really need a hand with something. Bullying pisses him off, because he was, himself, bullied in middle school.
Limits: Scat/watersports, mutilation, anal/oral penetration. Anything else one can find in my Ons/Offs.
Bio: Shine's parents were killed in a car accident very early on in his life; he can't even remember them. He was raised, instead, by his uncle, a Buddhist monk named Mutatsu.

Mutatsu has always done wonders to encourage the child's intellectual and spiritual development, but like his father and mother both, he is possessed of a naturally strong will and independent streak. Rather than lashing out in rebellion at Mutatsu's teachings, he has simply accepted them into an unorthodox personal code of conduct, which he strictly adheres to.

Being the victim of bullies in middle school, he became determined to build up his confidence and physical strength, so that he could keep himself safe. He was successful at this, and eventually, what started off as just the will to protect himself, became the desire to protect others from the same jerks that made his life difficult.

He has consistently placed well in testing, often being in the top three of his class (when not being the top of his class), and because of this, he has some renown amongst the school, due to his academic prowess.

He joined the Kendo club, and has been active in it since his first year in the school. His talents haven't really developed all that much, and unfortunately, he's only so-so at it. Still, he persists in it, finding that the exercise is good for keeping him in shape, and just finding something naturally calming about the routine of practice.

His current worries, as the game begins, are limited to simply figuring out which college he wishes to attend to when he graduates high school. Being so academically gifted, he has quite a few choices available to him, even scholarships.
Character Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/16389
Moral Code

Act with Rightness Do not choose those paths that are easiest or most acceptable; always tread the path that is proper and morally correct, regardless of the difficulty involved.
Act with Courage Fear is the shadow self, and it must remained suppressed. How can one act with Rightness, when one is Scared?
Beneficence Take care of those fellow men and women who have unfairly or unjustly fallen into hard situations. Allow those who sow evil to reap their bitter harvest.
Respect Act in a courteous manner to all those who are deserving of such. Deny it to those who have not earned this right.
Honesty Truth telling is paramount to Acting with Rightness. However, their are those who will use the truth to evil ends, and thus, they must be denied it, for the greater good.
Wisdom One must understand all facets of a situation in order to know what is the Right course of action.
Check out my poet tree!

Muse

Oishi Aika is descended from a cousin of the famous samurai Oishi Yoshio—leader of the 47 Ronin famed in folklore, kabuki, and a 1940s film.  Her name means love song. 
   Her loving parents lead fairly ordinary lives until her father died of a slow cancer when she was seven.  Aika’s and her mother Tskuchi were taken in by her father’s elder brother, Oishi Ayama.  Ayama was a second rate kendo instructor—accused by some of riding his family name to heights he did not deserve.  He noted that his niece was a natural with the blade and took her as a protégé for the rest of her elementary and middle school education.  He drove the girl very hard, drilling her not only in kendo but in a variety of outdated and semi outdated traditions.  Rather than resent the art for consuming all of her free time, her love focused into an obsession.  The closer she came to defeating her sensei, the harder her uncle drove her, ‘til one day he nearly beat her to death only to unleash a ferocious retaliation that sent him to the hospital, where he would ultimately die of internal bleeding. 
   Alone with her mother now, Aika accepted her mother’s council to put away the sword for the last year of middle school and focus on the studies, friends, and tea ceremony.  Despite her blossoming body, her friends always found her disturbingly serious.  When she picked up kendo again in high school, most began treating her like a boy. 
   Aika does have a few friends—in and out of the kendo club—and a number of the younger girls have developed an admiration for her grace, elegance, strength, and beauty, appointing her as their ‘cool senpai.’ 
   She particularly empathizes with Shine Masateru with whom she shares the experience of a traditional  upbringing that leaves them somewhat strange to their peers. 

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/16416?message=true
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Foxfyr

I love me a good zombie survival RP, but haven't gotten to delve too much into NWoD beyond building a character sheet, so I may need some guidance.  I have a friend's wedding to attend today, so I won't be able to have a character up until tomorrow sometime.

Annie

I want to join this one. I watched the anime and I pretty used to the nWod system. I´ll make a char and put here for approval.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Foxfyr

Name: Daichi Hitoshi
Personality: Aloof and introspective, Daichi is often the odd man out on account of his lacking drive to become actively involved in social situations.  That is not to say he avoids them, but he typically spends more time listening than participating making it easy for him to become overlooked.  When somebody talks to him directly, however, they would quickly see that he's a genuinely kindhearted and friendly individual.  Though one of his falling points is when under duress his thinking tends to become guided by cold logic that overrides emotions and compassion.  The only exception he is likely to make is when it comes to the well being of his close friends, but if it was a complete stranger in a hopeless situation that would put him in very real danger then he is likely to turn away without really giving it a second thought.
Limits: Scat/Watersports, mutilation, snowballing, fisting.
Bio: Daichi lives a rather ordinary life coming from an ordinary household.  His aloof personality left him with a relatively small number of close friends while the rest of the school really only knew him by face.  As a result he has little experience in courting girls and hasn't gone further with them than kissing.  The only thing that may have caused him to stand out in class is his exceptionally sharp mind that brought about high marks in nearly all of his subjects, especially math and science.  Not so much to be considered a child prodigy, but plenty to make him the go-to guy should anybody need help or tutoring in those subjects.

Of the hobbies he has, the one that he loves the most is archery.  Daichi finds it to be very meditative and will often be seen sending arrows down the range after a stressful day even after the Archery Club lets out.  His prowess with a bow had driven his peers to unanimously elect him as Captain, despite the fact he didn't enter his name into the election.  Though he was hesitant at first, he took to the role well enough and enjoyed the opportunity to teach new members as well as give pointers to whomever needs them.  It is a hobby that lends itself well to the one he and his father share: backpacking and camping.  Though he is still a novice when it comes to living off the land, Daichi's trips with his father has given him a rudimentary understanding of getting by without the luxuries of modern technology.

Character Sheet (Let me know if it's good, it has been some time since I've made an nWoD sheet)

Laughing Hyena

Dangit! ANother good game that id play in but I don't have the time for. All the same I say hello to my favorite people here which is Loki, Miyu and Annie!

AlgaeNymph

So are we all playing mortals here?

Also, Miyu, how familiar are you with Mage?

Miyu

yep all mortals, and not a lot familiar why you ask? I know how to do a char sheet most likely but I wont be able to st it

AlgaeNymph

Ah.  I ask because mages interest me more than vampires.  Sorry about that.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Keelan

ooh... I might have to join this one, and fitting with the show it'd be a big-breasted woman talented with something close-quarters for weaponry ^_^

Unless I can make an Acanthus with Death as well, but something tells me that's a 'no' (Joking, yes ^_^).

That said, about what level/quantity of sexuality is to be expected in the game?  Anywhere from none at all to 'zombies want to rape us'?  Figured if it's HotD there'd be some...

Miyu

well the ammount of sexual content will be depending on the actions of the players. Zombies will not go around and rape you, they will take a chunk out of your neck most likely yea but not rape you X-X. You can always do what happened in episode 6

Miyu

btw I am using the character sheet of WoD however I am implementing my own rules as well. If you wish to have retainers or allies let me know so I can make their character sheet btw since they will be played by me.

TheHangedOne

Sounds good to me, Miyu. That's about how much I prefer.

By the way, if I had plot ideas, and wanted to toss them your way, should I PM you, or post in this thread for group discussion?
Check out my poet tree!

Miyu

AndyZ

Picture:
Name: Aori Tomishuka
Personality: Easily discouraged but always trying in her own way.
Limits: Mutilation, Necrophilia, anything listed in my Offs.
Bio: Aori's not really used to having to work for something.  She's just always been smart enough that things come easily, letting her coast through much of life.  What does get her attention, however, is gymnastics.  It's one of the few things that she really has to work for, especially since she's never been overly tough, but she truly enjoys it.  Her parents encourage her on this, especially since they haven't had the heart to force her to put in the effort that they know she should.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/16406?message=true
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Keelan

Hm... are people supposed to be starting with experience?  The sheets of other players have 5-15 experience on them...earned through backstory or something?

Miyu

yeap for example if they practice firearms with somebody that would earn them points. I will give 25 points after I check character sheet

TheHangedOne

Character sheet has been slightly edited. Ally (Mutatsu) added for 2 points.

Also, in the post where I put my character sheet, I have included Shine's moral code, which is modeled around the concept of Bushido, with some Buddhist influence. I figure it's pretty short, sweet, and easy to understand, but if anybody has a question about it, feel free to ask.

Edit: Sheet further modified. I spent my last 3 xp to purchase Ambidexterity.
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

It takes 12 xp to purchase ambidexterity...

Miyu

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133777.0

Trait E x p erience Point C ost
Attribute New dots x 5
Skill New dots x 3
Skill Specialty 3 points
Merit New dots x 2
Morality New dots x 3

ambidexterity
First point 2
Second point 2x2 =4
Third point 3x2= 6

6+4+2= 12

Chaeronea

Haven't seen the anime but I get the idea from the AMV posted earlier in this thread (and now you've got me hooked on that song, Miyu! :) ) . I have some experience with original WOD (Vampire and Werewolf, mainly) but it's been literally a decade since I've played it. Bottom line - I'm going to need help to create a character if there are any openings left.

I'd be interested in playing a nerd who is a bit of a tinkerer looking into becoming a chemical engineer or biochemist when he graduates - think Hirano from the manga, except a science geek rather than a gun otaku. Tinkering and mechanical skills should come in handy to repair or MacGyver salvaged stuff, and chemistry knowledge should come in handy to create improvised incendiaries and explosives.

Feedback, anyone?

Miyu

I think we have enough brains haha we have honestly like three smart people already

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Loki Aesir on March 04, 2012, 10:05:43 PM
It takes 12 xp to purchase ambidexterity...
How so? Three dots in the book. Either that's three points, or six (1+2+3). Unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is entirely possible.

Edit: Nevermind. I see what Miyu said. Deleting it now. I am not good with math.

Edit 2: Removed Ambidexterity.
Check out my poet tree!

Miyu

Ok with this group I will declare this full. I will leave the spot open for Hyena if he wants to make a character though other than that I will not be accepting new players. Those of you who need help please pm me so we can get on it.

Annie

Hmm, did you count with me, Miyu? I´m almost finishing my char sheet. I´ll leave her nWoD sheet meanwhile. For character creation, we do have 7 pts for merits, right?

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/16401

PS: Hi, Hyena!! Hope you join this one too! ^^

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Miyu

Yep all who posted are in I wont accept any new people *Goes to verify your character*

Edit:
Your character looks fine, however remember in your background to do some kind of sport or anything like that that explains your dexterity being so high. Other than that your good +25 xp more

Annie

Hmm, ok. She learned to drive cars and (most) motorcycles early on her life and always liked to run at high speeds. Coud it be a good explanation for a higher dexterity or it could only affect her wits? Maybe I have to fix this.

Miyu

Annie

Didn´t have tought on what club she would be part of. ^^

But yes, I think the running club would suit her best.

Miyu

Annie

Okay, thx! ^^

I spent my bonus xp:
2 pts in resource (merits) - needed to own her motorcycle. (6 xp pts)
4th dot in drive skill.(12 xp pts)
1 specialty in drive - motorcycle. (3 xp pts)

4 xp points left, will keep it. Added a motorcycle for her too, will explain in her bio. ^^

Miyu

Annie

Ok, there she is. Got a bit carried away in the bio... ^^
Any problem with it, just let me know.

Picture:
NSFW (need to justify why the striking looks ^^):
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

On top of the school uniform, she uses a black leather jacket (when she´s not using it, it´s tied around her waist), biker boots and black leather fingerless gloves. Yes, her class rep got tired of warning her for not following the student dress code.

Name: Sarah Masuyo

Personality: A tough girl who learnt how to endure harsh situations. On the surface, she´s a easy going, trustworthy kind of person (until someone mess with her). But, in reality, she avoids to have a deep connection with people. She loves sex and think about it as a nice "hobby". If a boy is attractive enough and she´s in the mood, why not? Besides, she have an exhibitionist side and likes to tease boys with her body.

Limits: Scat/Watersports, mutilation, bondage or anything else on my Off´s.

Bio: Her past is kinda tragic. Her father, an american, is a guitarrist who signed a contract and traveled to Japan to play in a rock band, only to discover he was deceived. Once there with no money, he started to work in a car repair shop. That´s when he met Sarah´s mother and they started a relationship. In the first year, things went pretty well. Sarah´s Dad even opened his own repair shop with his brother-in-law. But, even with a better life, he still dreamed with his own band, fame and success.

After two years, Sarah was born and, soon after that, their parent´s relationship started to get troublesome. For Sarah, they were good parents. Her father was her hero and didn´t take too much for her to absorb his passions: motorcycles and guitars. When she was a kid, she spent many nights with her father, seeing him working on his clients´ vehicles and his beloved motorcycle.

When she was 12, she rode for the first time in her dad´s bike. She couldn´t forget the amazing sensation of freedom, the adrenalin flowing in her blood. It became an addiction to her, a way to forget her problems, specially when her parents where fighting. Things between her dad and mom only grew worse. They never tell her why they fought so much. But Sarah knew her dad still dreamed about that band. And she knew he blamed her and her mom for his failure, even if he never said anything to her.

When she was 16, the worst happened. One day, when she was coming home, there was a couple of police cars, their red and blue lights dancing in front of her house. Her uncle came running to her side, crying and saying to not enter the house. She saw her dad in the back seat of the police car. His lips moving, saying "It wasn´t me." But for the police, the case was conclusive: her dad killed her mom with three knife stabs, and there was no proof that someone else was in the house too, like her dad kept testifying. But his prints were on the knife.

For Sarah, her father was dead. Sarah was a bit dead too, never truly trusting anyone again. She started to work with her uncle in the repair shop, in her spare time. During the night time, she always took he dad´s bike and started to rode with it, in top speed. Running wildly, putting her life in danger, seemed to be the only way to feel alive again. Didn't took too much time for her to meet people who organized ilegal races. Her talent spoke louder than her age and then, there she was, running among them for money and getting involved in fights and other troubles. Meanwhile, her school life was a bit messy. Always getting late in classes, failing at tests, caught doing sex in school, the list was only getting bigger and bigger. In the year she was reproved, the only discipline she was ok was P.E. because she was part of the school running club.

Now it seems she finally got a balance in her two lifes. She sold her dad´s bike and bought a new, better one to compete in the ilegal races  (she is still paying for it, though). The "bad girl" days in school seems to be past her, since she was really trying to improve her grades and be more well behaved. Her fame still follow her, however. But she don´t give a damn about it.

Sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/16401

AndyZ

Picture doesn't show.  It's giving a 403.

Annie

AndyZ

Not a problem.  It's happened to all of us at some point, I'm sure.

Annie

AndyZ

Annie

Miyu

Annie

Miyu

ROLECALL

Who is still expressing interest in this, I know those who already posted sheets are in but who are still wanting to do a sheet and want in? if you dont want in also say so

AndyZ

Miyu

Muse

Annie

Miyu, the 2 links points to the IC thread.

Edit: found the ooc thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133889.0

Miyu