[Renegades] Anti-Heroes In Space - A Science Fiction Adventure - Closed

Started by Wispyr, April 10, 2016, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

*offers help finding a faceclaim* :P :P

In the meantime, do you reckon we'll be getting a CS soon, Wisp? Just so the ones in here waiting can start work on their bios? :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Wispyr

I'm holding back the CS at this point until I'm sure we're going to get the last slots filled up.

Vergil Tanner

So if we don't get the last slots filled, we don't start? Why not release the CS, let people get to work on it and maybe seeing other characters will inspire people to maybe whip up a character of their own?
I'm just thinking that the longer we tarry about without any firm characters pitched, the more we risk people maybe losing interest or forgetting about the whole thing. I mean, obviously you're the GM so whatever you think is best. I'm just thinking out loud. ^_^

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Ollumhammersong

I dont think it's a terrible idea either. If we give the impression that things are kicking off it might spur some people to try and get in before the opening post.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

indarkestknight

Some additional potential faceclaims for Terian.

(These will probably really creep you out, Vergil.)

Valeria Lukyanova
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Dakota Rose

Terian

Wispyr

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 16, 2016, 03:21:02 PM
So if we don't get the last slots filled, we don't start?
This is correct. The plans for this game do not lend themselves very nicely to playing without the full array of characters provided, and at this point I do not intended to launch the game if all slots can not be filled.

That said, if everyone is content to make character sheets understanding that if the final slots do not get filled that we will not be proceeding, I can get that posted up for everyone shortly.

Vergil Tanner

Huh. That's a bit....all or nothing. O__O Sci-Fi is already a bit niche, so we might struggle to find those other two slots...welp, everybody, time to hit up people you know who might be interested!

Also, Knight, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! I mean, Dakota is fine, but WHAT THE FUCK IS VALERIA?! O___O

indarkestknight

Preview is telling me trying to link to start at the 17 second mark isn't working. Alas, I can't find a video that cuts right to the chase.

Wispyr

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 17, 2016, 03:32:16 AM
Huh. That's a bit....all or nothing.
Tis true. But in this case to do anything less would require significant alterations to the story, game play, and my plans. Enough that it may as well just be an entirely different game, so I can save this concept for later.

While many games I run - or have run - don't run on this premise, the most recent ones - this and Bloodhunt - have a roster that needs to be filled. Inability to fill it just lets me know that the story I have planned isn't at a point to be realized yet. And that's okay, no sense in forcing it.

It certainly isn't as if I'm short on game ideas :P

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I get it....but if we don't start, it will be a touch disappointing for the people who are obviously interested, no? Hmmm....if people don't fill the last two slots, would an existing player who is interested be allowed to create a second character to fill one of those two slots? Just wondering out loud here...I probably wouldn't take on a second character, but it's good to know your options, right?

And does that mean that if somebody leaves the game once it's started, the whole game just...stops?

Wispyr

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 17, 2016, 04:00:30 AM
Oh, I get it....but if we don't start, it will be a touch disappointing for the people who are obviously interested, no?
As unfortunate as it would be for everyone interested, it would be that much more disappointed for me to run a concept that can't be fully brought to life and get frustrated at it in the long run - and at this point, it's just interest and some conceptualization. This is why I haven't released the CS so no real effort has been put in on anyones part at this point.

Hmmm....if people don't fill the last two slots, would an existing player who is interested be allowed to create a second character to fill one of those two slots?
It's something that I'll consider if we need to go there. Recruitment hasn't even been up a week yet, so I'm not terribly worried at this stage. I am, usually, opposed to players taking on multiple characters in a role like this - simply because you end up bottle necking on one person.

And does that mean that if somebody leaves the game once it's started, the whole game just...stops?
No.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I'm not saying you should be :P I'm just used to being a GM, so I'm unused to just being a passive "Wait and See" player so asking questions at least makes me feel like I'm doing something. ;)

Well, obviously you'd try and recruit a replacement, but what would happen if said replacement couldn't be found?

Also! Just so I know, is Kayda's background looking acceptable to you? And where do you stand on a small droid of her creation following her around? I mean, it wouldn't be a full-AI like R2-D2 or anything like that, but...well, considering that Microsoft managed to create a learning AI that developed its own personality (Ok, the system was flawed, but the achievement still stands), I don''t think a basic AI is that far fetched...and it wouldn't be using hover technology, it would be outfitted with a pair of drone-like rotor blades to keep it aloft. It wouldn't have speech - more like R2-D2 like whistles and beeps - and would more act as an interface and general helper for Kayda. Like I said before, like a personal flying laptop. :P

Wispyr

At the point of the game having started and someone leaving, if replacements can't be found I will either short term NPC the roles or look at players who might be interested in second characters who I don't feel are going to bottle neck the story. As for not NPCing them to start, there's a rather stark difference between "this story can only start if I take on extra work on my end" vrs "this story can only continue if I take on extra work on my end". One of those I'm willing to do, the other I'm not - at least at this point. The same goes for the second characters. It's easy for anyone to say at this point "Oh yea I can totally take on a second character, no problem!" and then flop entirely - not that anyone in particular would, but it has happened. At that point, we run the risk of losing two characters at once.. or bottle necking. It's just easier to judge these things once I've seen someone writing.

Honestly I haven't gotten to read it yet. The other night when I was going to, I got extremely ill and I'm just starting to claw my way back from it. You'll get a PM from me once I have no doubt - I'm usually pretty good at not leaving anyone hanging :P

Vergil Tanner

Oh no, that's fair enough, I was just wondering :-) I totally get it. ^_^

And haha, fair enough. I shall look for your PM (at dawn, on the third day? Shall I look to the east?) then! And I hope you get better soon, BTW! I had a nasty illness recently that took a good three weeks to kick for good, so I can certainly empathise. XD

Kuroneko

I personally would rather wait to fill out my character sheet until all the slots have been filled since Wispyr would prefer not to start the game until he has a full roster and I think we should respect his process and concept for the game. As he said, the recruitment thread has only been up a week; there's no reason to panic yet.

I also don't really have time to do my sheet at the moment because of my work schedule, and that won't change until Thursday, so I appreciate that there's no rush at the moment ;).
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Praxis

I'm going to have to pull out of this one.

Good luck Wisp and get better.  Seems like you have something good going on here.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 17, 2016, 06:26:22 AM
I personally would rather wait to fill out my character sheet until all the slots have been filled since Wispyr would prefer not to start the game until he has a full roster and I think we should respect his process and concept for the game. As he said, the recruitment thread has only been up a week; there's no reason to panic yet.

Well, I'm not suggesting we all have to fill in our CS's, just that maybe we make a CS available for people who do want to get started on it, maybe want to pitch their characters to see how the other players react to it, etc etc. I mean, I for one would like to get the CS so I can start working on the character and flesh out some bits I have yet to fully consider, and I'd like to get other peoples thoughts on the character herself. I get that not everybody wants to, but it would be nice to have the option, y'know?

Kuroneko

I'm sorry Wispyr, but I'm also going to have to pass on this game.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Terian

Disappointing :( I'm still wanting to play, but it does seem like we're starting to hemmorage people now.

Vergil Tanner

I think Whispyr jinxed it when he said that he wasn't worried. :P I'm still interested, so...that's something, I guess? :P

Raziel

Wispyr

For those lurking around looking at roles, there are 4 currently available for play:

The Explosive One
The Heavy Gunner
The Gunner
The Infiltrator

Ollumhammersong

Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest, I can take any of the four roles listed (got concept each one). I just take one which is not taken after three other people make their picks.