News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Battletech! Enough said!

Started by Latooni Subota, May 21, 2010, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 22, 2010, 07:32:09 PM
What is it that you don't understand, anyways? I find it hard to believe that you couldn't figure out the system after being able to read the book for this long, no offense. What did you get hung up on?

I don't have the book. I have the PDF, and I have trouble reading PDF's on screen. IT makes my eyes and head hurt. Its also a NEW system compared to that which I know and for a first time build help makes things easier.

Latooni Subota

. . . And you didn't increase the size of the text? Copy it to word and print the pages you need? Have you tried any of these options?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 22, 2010, 08:20:38 PM
. . . And you didn't increase the size of the text? Copy it to word and print the pages you need? Have you tried any of these options?

Can't. I have no working printer, and no, you can increase the txtx size of a PDF.

Katina Tarask

You can increase the page size (and along with it, text size) to whatever you need in order to make it legible, or you can copy text into Word in order to read it there in whatever size and font best suits your needs.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 22, 2010, 08:55:46 PM
You can increase the page size (and along with it, text size) to whatever you need in order to make it legible, or you can copy text into Word in order to read it there in whatever size and font best suits your needs.

Its also the whole reading on screen thing.

Katina Tarask

This entire forum is about reading on-screen.  You're reading on-screen right now.  You cannot be on this forum without having some sort of coping method.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 22, 2010, 09:10:36 PM
This entire forum is about reading on-screen.  You're reading on-screen right now.  You cannot be on this forum without having some sort of coping method.

STrangely its diffrent. I can read everything on here fine, but reading PDF's and Office Text hurts my eyes. I don't know why.

Katina Tarask

Then copy the text from the pdf to Elliquiy and then preview the post, or PM excerpts to yourself, or just futz with background and text colors until you find something more tolerable.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 22, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
Then copy the text from the pdf to Elliquiy and then preview the post, or PM excerpts to yourself, or just futz with background and text colors until you find something more tolerable.

As I said, its not just that. When I don't know a system and am new to it, it it easier and more helpful in helping me understand it if I have help.

Aether

I do still need to start my character out with items, what are starting funds?

Latooni Subota

Page 129.

0 Wealth is 1000 C-Bills. Be sure to ask Allie if she'll give us any starting items though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Aether

I have flipped through that frackin book so many times, its easy to get lost in it, and by book, I mean e-book, cause it isnt even in print yet as I understand it...?

Thank you for the answer!

Latooni Subota

It's not much for me, imo. The only problem I had with it was dealing with me being so used to Classic Battletech XD

But yeah, the Index is your friend. It helps a lot when you need something specific. Also, googling your question to find FAQs about that sorta stuff.

Katina Tarask

You don't need to worry about much; the show provides the basics.  Neurohelmet, cooling vest, food, shelter, the essentials.  Money's more for wants and things you want to have on hand after the show.

Aether

And hows about past the show?  Will we keep all that pricey equipment?  Or will we need to replace it?

Heres another question...  I am taking extra income (though I may switch it to wealth, toying with the idea...) and am wondering if based on 500c bills extra a month if I can start the game with 1500 c bills instead of 1000, and get my next 500 a month later game wise.

There are some expensive items that go along with my skills and possibly needing to buy the mech atire etc for after wards, and armor, and weapons, yaddi yadda.

Aether

And Yet Another question...

If I build my own mech, what book do I use?

Latooni Subota

You're better off downloading The Drawing Board. It's a program for making 'Mechs, and it can save 'Mech sheets for use in MegaMek and stuff.

Or other similar programs. Yeah.

You can probably google anything you don't understand about how parts or weapons work.

Aether

I have 100's of 100's of scratch made mechs, all based on 3050's or so...  just wanted to make sure nothing had changed...

wildstar

hi everyone gesh I finally got the PDf file of Time of War downloaded. darn my wireless internet was having trouble. sometimes I like to hit it with a ER laser at times. lol. ok here's my character fully done.

Name: Micheal Sharpe
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 160 Lbs
affiliation: House Steiner, Noble born (minor)

LYRAN ALLIANCE (HOUSE STEINER)
MODULE
COST 150 XP
AFFILIATION
Loosely patterned on feudal Germany, with other Western
European infl uences apparent (most notably Swiss and
Scottish), the Lyran Alliance—originally known as the Lyran
Commonwealth—is a heavily industrialized and mercantile realm.
Many Lyrans see warfare as a dirty business and simply aspire to
great wealth or high social standing. As a result, the Lyran military
frequently comes off as lackluster, while Lyran merchants and
political leaders seem ruthlessly sharp.
Primary
Language German
Secondary
Language English, Italian, Scots Gaelic, Swedish
Fixed XPs
[Attributes] WIL (–50 XP), EDG (–50 XP); [Traits]
Equipped (+100 XP), Extra Income (+50 XP),
Wealth (+100 XP), Choose either Combat
Paralysis or Glass Jaw (–100 XP); [Skills]
Negotiation (+15 XP), Appraisal (+10 XP),
Protocol/Lyran (+15 XP)
Sub-Affi liations
Alarion
Province
[Attributes] CHA (–50 XP); [Traits] Wealth
(+70 XP); [Skills] Administration (+10 XP),
Interest/Any (+10 XP), Language/Any (+10 XP),
Negotiation (+10 XP)
Bolan
Province
[Traits] Compulsion/Hatred of House Marik
(–50 XP), Connections (+50 XP), Wealth (+25
XP); [Skills] Administration (+5 XP), Negotiation
(+15 XP), Protocol/Lyran (+10 XP), Streetwise/
Lyran (+5 XP)
Coventry
Province
[Attributes] WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Compulsion/
Hatred of Clans (–95 XP), Wealth (+25 XP);
[Skills] Administration (+10 XP), Negotiation
(+10 XP), Protocol/Lyran (+10 XP)
Donegal
Province
[Attributes] WIL (+50 XP); [Traits] Compulsion/
Greedy (–75 XP), Connections (+50 XP),
Reputation (–50 XP), Wealth (+50 XP); [Skills]
Appraisal (+10 XP), Negotiation (+10 XP),
Protocol/Lyran (+15 XP)
Skye
Province
[Attributes] WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections
(+85 XP), Reputation (–150 XP); [Skills]
Language/Scots Gaelic (+10 XP), Negotiation
(+15 XP), Protocol/Lyran (–15 XP), Streetwise/
Lyran (+15 XP)
Flexible XPs None

NOBILITY
Module Cost: 215 XP
The noble-born character is blessed with the most privileged
of upbringings, receiving upper class status, top-rate education
and a luxurious lifestyle where every need and many desires are
automatically met. As a result, “bluebloods” often seem cultured,
but suff er from the indulgences of their soft lives.
Prerequisites: Any non-Clan affi liation; 5+ TP (total) in Title,
Wealth or Property Traits
Fixed XPs: [Attributes] STR (–75 XP), BOD (–75 XP), RFL (–50 XP),
INT (+100 XP), CHA (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+125 XP), Enemy
(–200 XP), Glass Jaw (–100 XP), Reputation (+175 XP), Wealth (+150
XP); [Skills] Appraisal (+5 XP), Art/Any (+10 XP), Interest/Any (+10
XP), Language/Affi liation (+10 XP), Protocol/Affi liation (+10 XP)
Flexible XPs: +5 XP each to any four Attributes, Traits or Skills

MILITARY SCHOOL
Module Cost: 500 XP
Whether by punishment or as a matter of familial pride, the
character that spends his late childhood in military school comes
away from the experience with a host of skills and a sense of
discipline that can boost any eventual military or political career.
Prerequisites: WIL 3+
Fixed XPs: [Attributes] CHA (+50 XP); [Traits] Connections
(+15 XP), Fit (+15 XP), Rank (+20 XP); [Skills] Career/Soldier (+25
XP), Computers (+35 XP), Interest/Any (+30 XP), Interest/Military
History (+40 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Martial Arts (+30 XP),
Medtech (+10 XP), Melee Weapons (+20 XP), Protocol/Affi liation
(+30 XP), Running (+30 XP), Small Arms (+50 XP), Strategy (+10
XP), Swimming (+30 XP)
Flexible XPs: +40 XP (may only be applied to Skills)

history: it had been a long road to come here. Sharpe never thought he would ever be on the Game World of Solaris but here he was. one thing that drove him to come was he could get a Mech. everything hinged on getting into one of the 20 to 100 ton BattleMechs. his goal, get into the games win then take the winnings and form his own mercenary company. then... well that was if those who wanted him dead didn't find him first. no one know Sharpe here. he wanted to keep it that way.. for now. he would one day make those who killed his parents pay. that payback would be in a mech. 

Sharpe is the only son of a good noble on the planet Loxley. Sharpe's family comes from a long line of solders who fought in different wars. from ancient Terra to the Succesion wars to the Clan wars. Sharpe  always had a good mind. learning from his father how to pilot a Mech at the age of 12. he intilled in his son the values of protecting his home and House. Sharpe's mother taught him honesty and caring for she had seen many other Nobles treating their subjects poorly. for years the Sharpe family had ruled the Planet Loxley helping the population grow economicly and giving pride.

about 6 months ago Sharpe's parents died in what was said to of been an accident. but Micheal learned that his father's brother had a hand in it. his Uncle had for years wanted the throne of Loxley for himself. so he had paid to have Sharpe's parents murdered. after he tried to have Sharpe and his sister Maya killed but Sharpe's father's freind Master Serget O'Donald had come and rescued him and his sister from Sharpe's uncle's goons. Sharpe and his sister with O'Donald fled to Solaris where he had O'Donald take his sister Maya to his Aunt who was a minor noble on Solaris. at first Micheal did not think of becoming a warrior in the games. but the thought of getting a mech and winning the prize money could fund him forming a merc unit he could use to stop his Uncle's ambition. Maya was worried if Sharpe showed himself on the show which their Aunt had suggested Micheal try out for could show their uncle where they were. she was even worried of Micheal getting killed.

Micheal agreed to do it. he bade O'Donald to watch over Maya for him for awhile and headed for the stable sponsering this show.

I hope this is a better Bio so I am ready for action.         

Aether

What tech level are working from, peeps?  I presume 2.  3 is kinda cool, but there is a bunch of crazy crap in there...

AllieCat

3055 level 2 :)

Looks like we're close to being ready to go.. I'll do a once over on the thread, and start the thread up over the weekend :)

Latooni Subota

Here's hoping the one really GOOD mech is something epic and out of class, like a Venom or Phoenix Hawk. <333

Also, if the obligatory lemon is an Urbanmech, I'll still love it XD

AllieCat

Well, I'll have to mix it up, but in a game I ran for my then BF (now fiancee) and some of his friends that had a similar theme.. (they were in it for the Mech Battles).. it was a rare captured mech. a Black Hawk Prime. One of the players pulled it out of the hat!

The Player: ^_^
Me: X_X

ReijiTabibito

Right.  Now I just need to finish the character I started....