The Fallen Knight - Explore Gotham post-Batman! (Still Seeking!) (LGBTQA+)

Started by Doomsday, January 22, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Alias

Giantmutantcrab

*polite cough*

*blinks, looks as everyone stares*

:o  :o  :o

;D

Hi there!

I read a little bit on your concept and I am very interested in it.  You cannot fathom how happy I am that Joker is truly, truly dead (I dislike that character for various reasons).  I understand that the characters will be "good" in the Batman sense; they will break bones and cause all sorts of chaos if needed (maybe even kill with a smile), but in the end they aim to do the right thing.

Now, my question is...  Would it be acceptable to play a canon DC character that is not part of the list of characters presented in first page of this thread?  I was interested in playing Bronze Tiger.  He's not a metahuman so he's very manageable power-wise, while still being the dude who one-shotted Bats in their first conflict and fought Bats to a standstill in their second confrontation.  As a reformed killer who broke free from the mind control of the League of Assassins and would perhaps want to pay respects to Batman's grave/shrine/altar/permanent bat-signal/whatever, notices the city has gone to the bats dogs and decides to stick around and help out?  Perhaps he completed his stay in the Suicide Squad and was just recently freed?

...or something?

^^;

JamesSureWould

Yep, canon characters who aren't on the list are perfectly fine!

Though keep in mind, these are good guys. They don't kill; or, if they do, it will be a major thing for them.

That being said, The idea you have for Bronze Tiger sounds good. Get a sheet together, send it to us, and we'll give it a review. :)

Giantmutantcrab

Oh and, just putting this out there?

I will play with and bang Catwoman, regardless of who plays her.

If you have a giant invisible lizard that can somehow type and can play Catwoman, I am good with that.  :)

Dem DC ladies, tho

-----

I am assuming that most of the "super" superheroes are off-limits?  Things like Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Flash, etc?  Will they be NPCs?

Ace Flyer

Well, I assumed that the game was just largely being based off of Gotham City and Gotham-centric heroes. Superman and all them would have their own issues elsewhere to deal with, leaving the Bat Family to call in...well, one massive family reunion to try and get the city under control.

wander

Just sayin'... That Batgirl in the approved characters has a sweet looking ass... I must have. ^^

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Ace Flyer on January 25, 2016, 01:51:42 PM
Well, I assumed that the game was just largely being based off of Gotham City and Gotham-centric heroes. Superman and all them would have their own issues elsewhere to deal with, leaving the Bat Family to call in...well, one massive family reunion to try and get the city under control.

Thank ya' for Summarizing Ace. :)
Yeah, unless you have a very good idea, assuming the justice elague and others like that are all off dealing with the the rest of the world's problems like the Bat Family is dealing with Gotham.

Ace Flyer

Mhm ^^; wasn't trying to step on GM toes. Wanted to mainly make sure I was envisioning things right as well.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 25, 2016, 01:57:23 PM
Thank ya' for Summarizing Ace. :)
Yeah, unless you have a very good idea, assuming the justice elague and others like that are all off dealing with the the rest of the world's problems like the Bat Family is dealing with Gotham.

Oh, I understand.  I was just making sure I understood that these guys should remain NPCs, to be used by the ever-benevolent GMs.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 12:50:21 PM
Please do PM me the link and I'll see if I can pull him off. ^__^

I'm worried about filling the character sheet in though, because I tend to make quite crappy sheets, but on the plus side my characters usually far outshine their bios when I get going ^^'

I hear you, bro.

My CS are usually muy muy sucky.

wander

After doing it now, I was fairly happy with it. I think I chose some great pics, though I wrote the most in history. Everything else ended up being kinda KISS... Which I suppose is okay seeing as there's a chance I may not be accepted. Writing loads for everything and then getting side-lined would make me kinda down.

I think I did okay though... I think...  :-)

Orange Marmalade

Doomsday

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Yup! ^^

Hows the interest forming btw? Lots of people sending characters in? I kinda can't wait to see who makes the cut and what characters will be appearing. :)

JamesSureWould

Lots of interest so far!
We should still be rolling out the first wave of accepted characters on Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday for the heavily contested characters.

Doomsday

There's been a fair amount. Have had a pretty decent amount of apps so far, and even more people who have expressed interest but we haven't seen an application yet. If you're interested, start writing! We're hungry to read what you've got ::)

Giantmutantcrab

Darwishi

Still writing Mercy's bio!  I work on the weekends; I've been lucky to get as much done on her character sheet as I have. ^_^

Darwishi

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on January 25, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
Maybe Damian and Damiana are twin children?

Or Damiana could be the child of Bruce Wayne and Catwoman. In Earth-2, Helena Wayne was the child of both of them.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on January 26, 2016, 03:39:05 AM
Or Damiana could be the child of Bruce Wayne and Catwoman. In Earth-2, Helena Wayne was the child of both of them.

Yeah. I mean, this is the comic book world. There are terrible explanations for everything. If both want to play the same concept, they probably can.

And if ever they have sex, it would not be incest. It would be more like masturbation. :D

JamesSureWould

Hello there boys and girls, we’re proud to announce the first round of acceptances. We had a lot of good applications, but these were the ones we thought best fit the tone of the game we wanted. It should be clear, we’ll still be accepting character submission to join the game, and are still reviewing more applications, but these are the first wave of approved characters.

So, without further adieu…
Wander - Roy Harper/Arsenal
TheBlackestThrone - Victor Szasz/The Question
AceFlyer - Selina Kyle/Catwoman
Orange Marmalade - Damiana Wayne/Robin
WardenIce - Veronica Vincento/The Anarch

Please post your character sheet in the Character thread, check out the Game Info thread, and head over to the OOC Discussion thread to talk to your fellow players.

Ace Flyer

Hey James, might have messed up your links...The "Character Thread" takes to the same page as the "Game Info" thread.

Also, yay, thanks for the acceptance ^^