News:

Main Menu

Sherlock: Season 2

Started by Callie Del Noire, May 06, 2012, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I just saw the first episode of Season 2 of Sherlock: 'A Scandal in Belgravia'. I can't believe the chemistry between Sherlock and Adler. It hurt at times watching it.. I was laughing so hard my ribs ached.

Starlequin

It was indeed an excellent episode...right up to the point where my satellite lost the signal because of the frakkin' weather just as
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Holmes began his victory speech over Adler. It came back just in time to catch Watson and Mycroft's chat at the diner and the twist with Adler's rescue, but...
. Ugh. So f@*#ing pissed right now.

Ah, well. At least the code was pretty easy to figure out.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Starlequin on May 06, 2012, 09:52:26 PM
It was indeed an excellent episode...right up to the point where my satellite lost the signal because of the frakkin' weather just as
Holmes began his victory speech over Adler. It came back just in time to catch Watson and Mycroft's chat at the diner and the twist with Adler's rescue, but...
. Ugh. So f@*#ing pissed right now.

Ah, well. At least the code was pretty easy to figure out.

Weeeeellllll.. it's on iTunes as a season pass.. so this ep will probably pop sometime this week. (Or simply watch it again if your PBS is like mine and replaying it)

Callie Del Noire

Personally I think the BEST moment was the

Why we don't mess with Ms. Hudson moments. Both of them.

Starlequin

Ack! It is coming on again! Oh-oh, but the storm is still growling outside...*shuffles and whines* and I gotta be up in the morning aw, screw it, I can sleep next week! Second chance, whoo!

"Mrs. Hudson leave Baker Street? England would fall." Flippin'. Awesome. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Starlequin on May 06, 2012, 11:29:33 PM
Ack! It is coming on again! Oh-oh, but the storm is still growling outside...*shuffles and whines* and I gotta be up in the morning aw, screw it, I can sleep next week! Second chance, whoo!

"Mrs. Hudson leave Baker Street? England would fall." Flippin'. Awesome. :P

I know there are SO MANY zingers. Three eps a season SUCKS

Izzie Aditi

I can't do anything else than post a fangirly statement. Sherlock <3  8-) 
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on May 07, 2012, 11:48:19 AM
I can't do anything else than post a fangirly statement. Sherlock <3  8-)

I'm watching the ep right now. .yes, the iTunes season ticket kicked in and it was waiting for me upon getting up.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 07, 2012, 12:08:10 PM
I'm watching the ep right now. .yes, the iTunes season ticket kicked in and it was waiting for me upon getting up.
I watched both seasons...3 times :P  Why must we wait so long until Season 3, NOOOOOO *dramatic echo*
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on May 07, 2012, 12:12:29 PM
I watched both seasons...3 times :P  Why must we wait so long until Season 3, NOOOOOO *dramatic echo*

You're at where I'll BE in 2 more weeks. And then it will be a YEAR till I get to see season 3.. still last night had some GOLDEN moments.

MonkeyBee

Oh you poor people. You have The Reichenbach Fall to live through.

It's one of those things you don't wish characters through again. I have it on DVD but am putting off watching because I don't think I can quite face it again yet, and it's been MONTHS since it aired here.

Baskerville is great though. Really like the big eared actor guy... whose name I should really look up...

Sherlock is amazing. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: MonkeyBee on May 08, 2012, 07:37:32 PM
Oh you poor people. You have The Reichenbach Fall to live through.

It's one of those things you don't wish characters through again. I have it on DVD but am putting off watching because I don't think I can quite face it again yet, and it's been MONTHS since it aired here.

Baskerville is great though. Really like the big eared actor guy... whose name I should really look up...

Sherlock is amazing.

Still got some awesome lines....

"And how many times did he fall out the window Mr. Holmes?" "I can't recall Detective Inspector, it's all a blur.."
How many times did he fall out of the window? - Sherlock BBC

Izzie Aditi

MonkeyBee

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 08, 2012, 10:57:50 PM
Still got some awesome lines....

Has some very awesome lines. Love the whole thing to bits - will rewatch all of the others a billion times. But not Reichenbach. Didn't mean 'you poor people' as in because it's so awful. Just... you will see soon enough.  And then we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR!

youtube.com     
/watch?v=jnanQg8Zt6w   You don't smoke - Sherlock BBC (it won't let the unapproved post links properly)

Love Mycroft!

Lord of Shadows

Season 3 is to start in production in "early 2013"... it will be a long wait.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lord of Shadows on May 09, 2012, 05:58:20 AM

That happens when your main cast are all off playing with the Hobbits. :D

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Lord of Shadows on May 09, 2012, 05:58:20 AM
*nods, sadfaced*

Jag

I'll just leave this here and be on my way...

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

Aaaannnnd the iTune's season is the uncut ones.. the PBS versions are shorter and there are more scenes on the iTunes one.

Like John getting mauled by his date.

Callie Del Noire

Hahahahaa..

The Hounds of Baskerville. Sherlock with smoker DTs.. a hoot.

AndyZ

Definitely love the series, but I've got a very strong feeling that the actor playing Sherlock really, really wants to play the Doctor.  May just be me, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

gaggedLouise

I missed out on the first episode of season 2 - the one that involved Irene Adler as a dominatrix (mmm?!) but the next two I did see and they were amazing, great tv. The scripts are as good as in the first series, almost flawless, with lots of small touches, and believable in terms of the characters. The acting, sound and camera work are wonderful too. I love it that Sherlock doesn't highlight and write in big type, it expects its viewers to get it and to think for themselves, and so many films and tv series today do feel they have to push things into the obvious (The Tudors seemed to write things in capitals and make the characters trumpet at us all the time).

Reichenbach - yes, I would agree that was a very tough watch, at least the final tthirty minutes. It becomes tragical because it's so close to how the media function today, and how some of the media community live off hyping people up and then tossing them into the dirt. You can't watch Sherlock being challenged by his adversary and by the media without thinking of the Murdoch/NewsCorp scandals, the coverage of Tiger Woods' marriage breakdown and time-out, that kind of thing. 

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Starlequin

Reichenbach was indeed awesome.
"Some sort of death frisbee?"
Dear gods, I nearly died.

Callie Del Noire

Would say something.. but still screaming at the tV.. might finish in the next hour or so...

Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.... now a year to wait!

Starlequin

Heh, don't worry, Callie. The twinging pains should fade by August or so.  :-\