Cannot access Elliquiy via smartphone.

Started by Laughing Hyena, February 02, 2019, 01:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

This has started within the past twenty minutes or so. I restarted my phone and so forth but every time I keep getting the same message every time I touch a link on it.

"SSL Communication Error. Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have."

I am not tech savvy at all and troubleshooting is one of my weakest points. I could use some help since I do not wanna be without access to elliquiy. I am still able to access the website with my browser on my laptop.

Thera Regina

Have you checked your internet connection?

I get this message if I am on 4G or even 3G. It seems you have to be connected to a secure connection like home wi-Fi.

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Laughing Hyena

I am connected to my home wi-fi apparently. And usually it didn't have any problems connecting on 4G until a short while ago. Could the cold storms in my area be making it harder for my smartphone to connect to the internet? Might be server side and not on my end. That has happened before.

One Edit Later: I turned off the wi-fi on my phone to run it on 4G and that is also giving me the same issue. If I close the browser then restart it, it works again but only for loading up the page. Anytime I click a link on elliquiy, it gives me the same message.

Despairs

What kind of a phone do you have? Can you access any other sites besides Elliquiy? Have you tried turning your phone all the way off and turning it back on again? You could also go to your applications via the settings menu, locate your browser application, and tap force stop and clear data. Once that is done, launch the browser and try to access E again. Keep me posted.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Dark Despairs on February 02, 2019, 02:01:52 PM
What kind of a phone do you have? Can you access any other sites besides Elliquiy? Have you tried turning your phone all the way off and turning it back on again? You could also go to your applications via the settings menu, locate your browser application, and tap force stop and clear data. Once that is done, launch the browser and try to access E again. Keep me posted.

I have an android. I located the browser via setting and tapped force stop and clear data. Did nothing to change the situation. Turned the phone all the way off. Went to other sites and they work. Can use google, tv tropes and so forth. Go to elliquiy and it gives me the error without fail. Cannot reload the page, page comes up if I restart the browser but afterwards i cannot click on any link ellliquiy related. This happened about 45 minutes ago and is still ongoing.

Edit: Now it no longer works on Elliquiy outright.

Despairs

I see. Try this then, turn off your data connection, restart your phone and turn your data connection back on. To restart your phone, click and hold the power button until a menu pops up, in the list of options, there should be a restart or reboot option along with a power off option. Your phone will power and turn itself back on.  To turn off your data connection, go to settings and locate mobile networks, then tap data connection and choose the off option. Once your restart or reboot your phone, go to settings, mobile networks, data connection and turn it back on. 
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Laughing Hyena

What do you mean mobile networks? I do not see that on my settings. Do you mean my wi-fi setting under network connections and set it to off? Okay I tried that I think and followed to the best of my abilities but it still won't work.

Honestly I think I need to wait this one out on my end. It was working just this morning without problems and then it stopped working when I cam back home. It has been only this website and nothing else. I went to google, tv tropes, house eros forum (which seems to be close to elliquiy in terms of forum type.) No amount of troubleshooting has worked thus far and it seems unsolvable on my end. Im getting frustrated and I need to take some time away from this problem.

Despairs

Are you having the same issue when using your home wi-fi connection? (I just want to make sure.)When you go to settings, do you see anything that says wireless and networks or anything like that?  I take it you are accessing the site via your computer at this moment, no? I can access E on my android phone with no problems. Is the date and time on your phone set correctly?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Dark Despairs on February 02, 2019, 03:07:27 PM
Are you having the same issue when using your home wi-fi connection? (I just want to make sure.)When you go to settings, do you see anything that says wireless and networks or anything like that?  I take it you are accessing the site via your computer at this moment, no?

I am accessing this with my computer using my home wifi. When I use my phone I have done both my wi-fi and 4G with this experiment. Same result. I went into my settings under wi-fi, turned it off. 4G switched on of course and I restarted the phone. Went back to settings turned wi-fi on, went to the internet and did house eros, google, and tv tropes. They work. But once again elliquiy gives me the SSL error with that message at the top of the thread. Every time.

Despairs

Is the time and date on your phone correct?

Laughing Hyena

Yes, my date and time on my smartphone is correct. Still nothing.

Zaphod

Clear all data and cache on your browser. I assume you're on Chrome. Then reboot your phone and try. Try installing Opera and check if it works there.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Zaphod on February 02, 2019, 03:45:25 PM
Clear all data and cache on your browser. I assume you're on Chrome. Then reboot your phone and try. Try installing Opera and check if it works there.

Im not on chrome. Im on the default browser for the smartphone. I have never had a problem with it accessing this site until around an hour ago. And this is the only website I typically visit with the phone.

Zaphod

The default browser on Android is Chrome, unless it's a forked Chinese version. Just try clearing the data on your default browser. What is it's name?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Zaphod on February 02, 2019, 03:52:22 PM
The default browser on Android is Chrome, unless it's a forked Chinese version. Just try clearing the data on your default browser. What is it's name?

Internet. Not even joking, that is what it is called.

Zaphod

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 02, 2019, 03:57:51 PM
Internet. Not even joking, that is what it is called.

Do you have Play Store on your phone?

Laughing Hyena

Yes. Is it possible for that SSL error to come up if the browser is out of date? I am on an older smartphone.

Zaphod

Yes. You should update your current browser or install Chrome or Opera from the Play Store.

Laughing Hyena

Okay any other ideas? Or am I truly that shit outta luck?

Vekseid

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 02, 2019, 04:01:51 PM
Yes. Is it possible for that SSL error to come up if the browser is out of date? I am on an older smartphone.

How old? What version of Android?

If you have the play store, are you able to install Firefox or Dolphin browser?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Vekseid on February 02, 2019, 04:23:21 PM
How old? What version of Android?

If you have the play store, are you able to install Firefox or Dolphin browser?

Fortunately Google Chrome which I have never used as of this happening works perfectly. I have a feeling that the default browser on this smartphone is just out of date and also out of continued service in terms of updates.

Despairs

I don't think it's your default browser. I have the same android version on my phone and I was able to access E without any problems using the default browser as opposed to chrome or anything else. If it happens again with chrome or continues on with the default browser, let me know via a PM or post it here.

Vekseid

Technically not, but his phone might not support the cipher for one reason or another.

Did some more work on the ciphers and opened up a more expanded set, should hopefully be better.

Laughing Hyena

Should this come up again, I shall do so. Thank you guys for the efforts of helping out so swiftly.