DC/Marvel Universe Complete Crossover (Recruitment Closed!!)

Started by MaiMizzu, August 01, 2013, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

madamcharisma

Gotcha. I am very much cool with that. She doesn't have to look chibi or anything right? Because that's a little creepy ;) lol
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176954.0

apygoos

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 02, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
I am fairly interested in playing Nightwing, though I don't know if that fusses with the timeline set up.
so update on Nightwing..
"Who knows how long Batman has been working?"
With not Justice League, Batman and robin remained Urban legends, some still believe he is this ravenous creature that stalks its prey in the night, others, a hero that is gone by the time they turn around. In this light, Nightwing can exist, and likely be a lot more "friendlier to working with people" than Bats is.

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:32:04 PM
Umm... is it bad if I don't know what ame-comi means? Please explain... I would love to broaden my knowledge.

Ame-comi was a digital comic that was around for a while, all of the heroes and villians were female so Sinestra instead of Sinestro. The artwork was definitely anime influenced and the writing was done as a parody of things that had happen in the main universe.
I liked Hawkgirl's costume because there something just a little bit different\fun about it
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

doodasaurus

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
so update on Nightwing..
"Who knows how long Batman has been working?"
With not Justice League, Batman and robin remained Urban legends, some still believe he is this ravenous creature that stalks its prey in the night, others, a hero that is gone by the time they turn around. In this light, Nightwing can exist, and likely be a lot more "friendlier to working with people" than Bats is.

And here I was writing this long thingie about the Court of Owls and Deathstroke.  ;D

Jmorty33

Quote from: Tenshinhan on August 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM
I wouldn't mind taking Hal Jordon if he is open

I could play as Superman and you could take Hal, but I am more seriously interested in playing as Kyle Rayner than anything else.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Imogen

If JDrew wants Storm, then I'll go with Miss Marvel. Unless you guys prefer a different power set to round out the team. I could imagine Shadowcat being an asset here.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

apygoos

Quote from: Imogen on August 02, 2013, 12:47:14 PM
If JDrew wants Storm, then I'll go with Miss Marvel. Unless you guys prefer a different power set to round out the team. I could imagine Shadowcat being an asset here.
I say whoever you wanna play more. Shadowcat would be pretty awesome.
Shadowcat vs Catwoman incoming.

madamcharisma

Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 12:41:45 PM
Ame-comi was a digital comic that was around for a while, all of the heroes and villians were female so Sinestra instead of Sinestro. The artwork was definitely anime influenced and the writing was done as a parody of things that had happen in the main universe.
I liked Hawkgirl's costume because there something just a little bit different\fun about it

This is pretty damn steampunk here. I'm into it, but can we mix the justice league look with this. Maybe real wings instead of the metal ones?
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176954.0

Imogen

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 12:50:31 PM
I say whoever you wanna play more. Shadowcat would be pretty awesome.
Shadowcat vs Catwoman incoming.

Shadowcat then. nifty powers, nifty skills; I think she'll be more useful overall :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

doodasaurus

MaiMizzu

The CS!! Once you have them completed, please PM them to me (MaiMizzu) and Apygoos so we can get you approved. OOC thread coming very very soon!!

Codename: What do we call you?

Identity: Secret or public?

Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be

Approximate Age: Keep in mind we’re going with the idea that 99.5& of ‘heroes’ have made their first public appearance in the last year or so.

Source of Powers/Abilities: Mutie? Science experiment gone awry? Gods give you power when you say something?

City of Operation: If your hero has been working in or out of the public eye, is there a specific city or region they tend to stick to?

Personality: Tell us a little about your character’s attitude and outlook towards others

Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Don’t worry, nothing will be used IC

Powers: What.. powers your character has. if any.

Talents/Skills: Abilities that aren't necessarily part of your powers. Like being supersmart or being able to whittle a corncob pipe.

Equipment: Is there anything your character uses or carries on them regularly?

BRIEF History: We know who your hero is for the most part, but this is a different universe. It’s almost like a reset. So what has your character been doing in the passed year or so? Hero’ing? Laying low? Defending Asgard?

Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Are you going to be able to post at least once a week? :

Do you have an issue with making your posts AT LEAST one paragraph (more would be adored):

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

were also working on a character sheet now folks!
once we get that we will be ready to move from interest to OOC!

i forgot to hit post earlier ad we finished it before i posted! OOC coming soon!

Jmorty33

Hmmm I'm having a tough time choosing a lantern pic for Kyle. I'm torn between this, this, and even the pre-Flashpoint version. So I was hoping to get some feed back from you guys as to which you like more.

apygoos

second one i think is the most unique spin. its a shame Hal and John have such simple costumes, the other lanterns have such neat designs.

JDrew Spider

Yea, I think I'll go with Storm, but due the nature of the rp I'll be using Ultimate Storm personality. :)

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

apygoos

ill go ahead and post this here, but ocne again at the top of the OOC when we get to it:
State of Mutant and Alein affairs
This worlds lack of JLA, Titans, Xmen, Avengers and anything of the like leaves this world far more fearful of monsters, aliens and mutants, leaving grounds for much stronger Anti-meta speech, especially from the like of Lexcorpe CEO Lex Luthor, and hit nighttime television host,  Gordon Godfrey. you show your powers [if you have any]  and people will either thank you, or run in terror.  This is going to be a major plotpoint in our first arc, and likely a  reoccurring theme throughout the RP.

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:51:08 PM
This is pretty damn steampunk here. I'm into it, but can we mix the justice league look with this. Maybe real wings instead of the metal ones?

It's your Hawkgirl so she can look however you want  :D
I just have a bit of a soft spot for that series because the artists and writers knew not to take it too seriously, look what they did to poor Diana

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
ill go ahead and post this here, but ocne again at the top of the OOC when we get to it:
State of Mutant and Alein affairs
This worlds lack of JLA, Titans, Xmen, Avengers and anything of the like leaves this world far more fearful of monsters, aliens and mutants, leaving grounds for much stronger Anti-meta speech, especially from the like of Lexcorpe CEO Lex Luthor, and hit nighttime television host,  Gordon Godfrey. you show your powers [if you have any]  and people will either thank you, or run in terror.  This is going to be a major plotpoint in our first arc, and likely a  reoccurring theme throughout the RP.

So "borrowing" the new JLA backstory for Stargirl where she's a big hit, media freindly etc wouldn't work then?

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
second one i think is the most unique spin. its a shame Hal and John have such simple costumes, the other lanterns have such neat designs.

Yeah, you're right. Though Kyle's and Guy's uniforms just show how individualistic they are. Guy's was just a cry to say "Look at me!" while Kyle's was based on style and setting himself apart from Hal.

apygoos

Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 02:24:09 PM
So "borrowing" the new JLA backstory for Stargirl where she's a big hit, media freindly etc wouldn't work then?
you can say local media loves her maybe, hell people love Iron Man [but then, hes just a man in a suit of armor..but then shes just a girl with a staff. if you went with Goldstar you can try and milk her relation to Booster Gold too.

apygoos

Quote from: Jmorty33 on August 02, 2013, 02:28:12 PM
Yeah, you're right. Though Kyle's and Guy's uniforms just show how individualistic they are. Guy's was just a cry to say "Look at me!" while Kyle's was based on style and setting himself apart from Hal.
did Ten say though he was going to use a different character?

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:33:01 PM
did Ten say though he was going to use a different character?
Haven't heard anything with him. I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit?

apygoos

doesent hurt to have ideas for what ya wanna do, but if we can get everyone playing something they wanna play  itll all work out [not like the 3 man tug of war for nightwing in the new titans game, that same tug of war happening for tim drake as a second choice,]

Jmorty33

Oh I do remember that. You guys still looking for Tim in that?