Small group, cooperative Pathfinder: starter thread

Started by Ixy, January 10, 2015, 08:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: kckolbe on January 18, 2015, 10:41:43 PM
I don't think brawler/monk is allowed, since brawler is a hybrid of monk and fighter.  The concept is interesting, though.  Also, the bloodrager would probably make a better villain.

That clause refers specifically to prestige classes that progress abilities like two classes, not base classes.

PhantomPistoleer

Okay, so, instead, I'm going to go with a ranger/monk (zen archer).  So he's an archer. o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 18, 2015, 11:14:37 PM
Okay, so, instead, I'm going to go with a ranger/monk (zen archer).  So he's an archer. o_o

I guess you could say all his enemies will be in the...  danger zone.
(⌐■_■)

Chulanowa

Yeah, Paizo scrapped the "no multiclassing with a parent class" idea for hybrids. I see no reason why it should be restricted for gestalt. At best, you're creating a character on par with other gestalts, who trades their flexibility for focus. at worst, you get something that makes you ask, "why bother?" (Hunter / Druid and Witch / Shaman for instance, seem like terrible combos.) it's far from overpowere, and for the sake of swashbuckler / Rogues everywhere, I say, let them be!

So are we just lobbing out character ideas for any of the ideas, or...?

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I'm getting the character ideas out of my system, so I can settle on one and not feel like I shoulda tried something else.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 18, 2015, 03:35:31 PM
   *Pathfinder Bonus*: Favored Class Bonuses; Want to just say that you pick a gestalt class as your favored class, and gain one of the following: +2 hit Points, +2 skill points, +1 HP and +1 Skill point, +1 HP and one alternate FCB, +1 Skill point and one alternate FCB, or the FCB of both classes in your favored gestalt?

I really like your work, and I didn't realize that this was how you did things.

Question:

Starting GP for 6th levels is 16,000.  Is this sufficient?  Or should it be a little higher?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

I'd rather leave one favored bonus, especially as I plan on taking one class all the way through, and multiclassing the other "side."

Regarding wealth, gestalts are 1.5 levels/level, so I would imagine that the level 4 game would start with 6th level wealth, and the level  game would start with level 9.  I'm only interested in the level 4 one, by the way.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Chulanowa

The 1.5 levels thing is a mechanic for calculating appropriate challenge rating for encounters vs. gestalts. They're still level 4 characters, and would get level 4 wealth.

Not sure what you mean by the multiclassing thing though.

kckolbe

For multiclassing, I meant that my level 4 gestalt would be a level 4 magus, level 2 rogue, level 2 fighter.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Mantis Shrimp Prime

The details for the first story idea (which is the one I still liked), were level 4 gestalt, 25 point buy, 12000 starting gold, 1 trait.

kckolbe

Intro Thread