Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Haibane, July 09, 2008, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm willing to play Gendo!

*puts on a pair of glasses, leans until they catch the light, crosses his hands under his chin*
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Hunter

No, I obviously have no idea what you're talking about.   ;)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13857.0

And yes, I'm an IT person who can talk about other things than computers.   :P

Haibane

I really wanted to avoid Gendo (see upper sections of this thread!).

Thanks for the replies. How confident are you about playing Rei, Seraph? I would think she is the hardest NGE character to play, more so than Shinji, you'd have to be so restrained, you'd need to post quite a lot but internalize much of it yet still not give much away...

Hunter - have you a character that appeals to you? There are not many roles for males in the game unfortunately.

Elohim

I think I’m actually well suited for playing her character, a good portion of my pcs boarder on emotionally distant if not downright emotionally lacking.  I have a special fondness in my heart for mechanical characters, and while I know Rei herself isn’t one she’s influenced the way I play them.  I also have a rather wide submissive streak that’s really not particularly sexual. Still, if your kind of iffy about handing me the reigns to her character I do understand, but... if you do let me in I think Gendo is an essential character, if she’s going to be involved and I would feel particularly relaxed with Great Triangle was the one playing him.

Hunter

Quote from: Haibane on November 14, 2008, 02:14:36 AM
Hunter - have you a character that appeals to you? There are not many roles for males in the game unfortunately.

Canon characters?  I'd have to check the cast of characters to find one not taken already.  Most of the cast isn't in my normal scope of playing interest.

Haibane

Quote from: Seraph on November 14, 2008, 02:32:07 AM
I think I’m actually well suited for playing her character, a good portion of my pcs boarder on emotionally distant if not downright emotionally lacking.  I have a special fondness in my heart for mechanical characters, and while I know Rei herself isn’t one she’s influenced the way I play them.  I also have a rather wide submissive streak that’s really not particularly sexual. Still, if your kind of iffy about handing me the reigns to her character I do understand, but... if you do let me in I think Gendo is an essential character, if she’s going to be involved and I would feel particularly relaxed with Great Triangle was the one playing him.
Hi Seraph. OK, lets go for it. You have the part. GT is in quite a few of my games, we go back a long way... I like his style. Hi GT *grins and waves madly* But sometimes he can be a bit too out there for my taste. Can't you GT? *hugs*

But if Great Triangle promises to play a canon Gendo and not the cross dressing gay Gendo we didn't get to see in the series... that's fine.  ;) I know you know I get nervous around some of your characters GT... ;)

Hi Hunter:

Shinji (taken)
Koji
Kensuke
Kaji (taken)
Gendo (taken)
Fuyutsuki
Hyuga
Aoba

The game will be set before Kaoru appears. So, sadly not much to choose from. NGE is a female-centric story. For the purposes of my game plot Koji (as pilot) and the two NERV Lieutenants fit best.

If we expand the cast further its female players I'm looking for - the game really needs a Katsuragi and to a lesser extent an Akagi. Hm, thinking about it, if I'm going to expand the game beyond the three characters I have, Misato is the next most important, then Rei, because a lot of scenes will be set in the Katsuragi apartment.

The Great Triangle

Don't worry.  I like cannon Gendo.  *winks*  He's going to be tricky to write in first person though...

The main idea I have for the direction to take the Gendo/Rei relationship is how little sex they're having, the point being to create a horrifying sort of dysfunctional (yet frighteningly vanilla) relationship between them. 

I might inject a bit of Dr. Frankenstein into Gendo, but  mostly I'll be researching the character rather carefully, as I do every cannon character I play.  :) 

Ons and Offs

Haibane

Hello GT *hugs* I hope you're feeling better?

Okies, before you get planning the roles I have a plot written. There is a main premise to the game, its not just "create a thread, drop Gendo, Rei, Shinji et al in it and go for it". I want to structure this a fair bit, which is why I said a Misato and a Ritsuko are kinda important to have.

In fact... hmmm... Misato is really critical. Gah *is annoyed more woman don't like NGE*

I will probably write a first post summarising 'the story so far' as regards a certain job Gendo gives Kaji (and Misato if we get a player for her) which will be prompted by a report Ritsuko gives Gendo. After that you need to set off along the plot in accordance with his premise. Its free form, you can do as you wish but there's a main (adult themed) backstory.

Oh yeah, and we're going to time step the entire canon time line forwards 24 months so all the pilots and school mates are 16 and not 14 (for site rule reasons). Nothing else at all changes, the whole NGE story just takes place in 2016 instead of 2014.

Elohim

Gay cross dressing Gendo would be awesome in a parody though...  *ponders*

Thanks Haibane.

Okay, I'm pretty into this idea, but who's left for the girls? I'm fairly rusty, and the only girl I can immediately remember is Maya Ibuki (I think that's her name.) I'd be interested in playing here, a little vanilla for my tastes, but still.

Hunter

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain.  But where are we going to find stretch pants in our size?"

I'm going to request Hyuga as he's about the closest that I can manage at this point.

Haibane

Thanks Hunter, I like Hyuga too, and he'll have his uses. He's the one who has a crush on Misato, right? The guitar player?

Hi karmatrik! Nice to see you. Misato is the one I really need ATM, she'll have a major role to play. I can see role-playing an alcoholic rudderless extrovert lonely woman in command of the most powerful military weapons on earth might not be everyone's cup of tea, but would you consider it? But if you are happy with Ibuki I guess she may be able to play off against Hyuga in some way.

Lacking her, Ritsuko is the other woman we need most. She has potential for some... interesting scenes I think.

PILOTS
Rei = Seraph
Shinji = Xana
Asuka = Haibane

NERV PERSONNEL
Gendo = Great Triangle
Fuyutsuki
Misato
Ritsuko
Kaji = Lithos
Hyuga = Hunter
Aoba
Ibuki

OTHERS
Koji
Kensuke
Hikari

I put Koji in the 'others' bracket as the game will be set in the period before he is selected for pilot.

PhantomPistoleer

Mathim, EVERYONE loves NGE.  But then, towards the end, you start wondering what the creators were smoking, because the last few episodes seem more like cop outs than actual endings.  You will have to watch the movie to see a legitimate ending, and even that ending is questionable.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

I think I'd probably have an easier time with Misato than with Ritsuko - and shame on me for forgetting both of them! :P Yeah, I'd be interested in Misato.

And, Mathim - there was a train station disaster IRL (I think) around episode 16 that caused them to completely change the course of the show. What we got was not the original intended ending, and the creators have since disavowed any idea that it was supposed to make sense. EoE was not a better ending, either. What I'm curious about though, is the new movies. Not only are they supposed to have new characters and scenes, but a new, completely different ending. The new movies are also being designed to make more sense. So, I'm intrigued by that, as Evangelion has hands down one of the best aesthetics in modern media, an entire stable of interesting characters, and a lot of potential that was squandered by their decision to prize meaningless psychobabble over coherence. /rant :D

Haibane

Quote from: karmatrik on November 15, 2008, 08:16:48 AM
I think I'd probably have an easier time with Misato than with Ritsuko - and shame on me for forgetting both of them! :P Yeah, I'd be interested in Misato.
Fantastic! Yay! We have a Misato! That makes things much more fun!

Er... you do do F/F don't you? As well as variations involving M's? Some F/F is going to be essential in here. Think of it as a rude doujin version of the Kaji-Asuka-Shinji-Misato-Rei-anyone-else-you-can-think-of-going-at-it-like-rabbits-with-a-moderately-beleivable-plotline set up.

I hadn't heard of any train crash affecting the show's production? I have certainly heard of Anno Hideaki's mood swings and the show going badly over-budget as the main reasons the ending was...different. However I must be about the only person on the planet who loved the original ending, completely 'got it' the first time I saw it and didn't need (though I very much enjoyed) the various movie endings. To the otaku who daubed excrement on Gainax's front door and sent Anno hate mail, I can however sympathize.

*laughs* Yep! I'm rather flexible with my gender distributions.

For how I felt about the ending: For reference... I despise Space Runaway Ideon. If you don't know what that is, that's fine, lol. But don't get me wrong. Eva is pretty much #1 for me in terms of the design and characters, and the first 15 episodes or so stand tall among anime. *chuckles* Same deal with Gurren Lagann, actually. Maybe Gainax oughta go down to half-season shows.

WyldRanger

This is hard for me to do, but I think I'll have to back out of this once again.  :-[ I'm terribly sorry, but circumstances outside of my control are going to be limiting my access here so it looks like you'll have to re-cast Shinji...

I'm terribly sorry since I thought things were looking up, but seems that they are not...

Hunter

Quote from: karmatrik on November 15, 2008, 10:14:04 AM
*laughs* Yep! I'm rather flexible with my gender distributions.

For how I felt about the ending: For reference... I despise Space Runaway Ideon. If you don't know what that is, that's fine, lol. But don't get me wrong. Eva is pretty much #1 for me in terms of the design and characters, and the first 15 episodes or so stand tall among anime. *chuckles* Same deal with Gurren Lagann, actually. Maybe Gainax oughta go down to half-season shows.

I dunno.   They get them right occasionally.   I suspect they have a bad case of "rushed production" on their hands.

Haibane

Quote from: Xana on November 16, 2008, 09:17:26 PM
This is hard for me to do, but I think I'll have to back out of this once again.  :-[ I'm terribly sorry, but circumstances outside of my control are going to be limiting my access here so it looks like you'll have to re-cast Shinji...

I'm terribly sorry since I thought things were looking up, but seems that they are not...

Hm... drat. Ah, well, it can't be helped. I'm very sorry to hear that, Xana but take care and come back when you can.

Hunter - can you/do you want to play Shinji?

Just wanted to note that I've begun rewatching Eva today - it's been years. I also plan to follow it immediately with RahXephon to finally get the direct comparo I always wanted. :P

Haibane

Yay! There's dedicated RP research for you! We'll be playing around the time of just after "Dance Like You Want To..." which is one of the more fun, lighthearted parts of the story.

The Great Triangle

I can play Shinji if it's neccesary, although I was looking forward to playing Gendo.  Shinji is emotionally distant and neurotic enough to be used as an NPC, but the same could be said double of Gendou-san.  (Although Rei is still a pretty playable character even without a PC Gendo.)

Ons and Offs

Hunter

Quote from: Haibane on November 17, 2008, 12:43:39 AM
Hunter - can you/do you want to play Shinji?

Shinji doesn't interest me, actually.

All we have to do for Shinji is assume he'll whine out loud, complain under his breath, cry until the moment comes and berserker the enemy to oblivion.

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs