WitchCraft (Unisystem, Extreme)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 02, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

A Game of Magic and Dark Secrets
They are the Gifted.
Feared for their unique powers,
they have been hounded for centuries,
and forced to practice their Arts in secret.
The time for hiding is over.
A Time of Reckoning draws near.
It marks the end of an era and the beginning of a new one
-- or the destruction of all things.
The choices the Gifted make
will determine what the future will hold.

~An interest check!~ 
~PeaceThatPowerBrings has volunteered to GM for us!~

This game will involve a small group of people, five, who would make up a brand spanking new special Ops force in the FBI.  It would be the job of this team to handle non mundane threats that bleep on the governments radar.  Each member would be hand picked, coming from different sectors, from police all the way to the military, and they would typically not be the sort of people who would come from an established Covenant, or group.

The first mission they'd be sent on, would be to investigate some odd goings on, in a small town in Louisiana.  "Sort of swampland southern mystery..." ~PeaceThatPowerBrings.  And this will just be one of many missions to be thrown their way.

We'd like players to be at least a little familiar with the source material, but not to worry, anyone who is not familiar with the source material, can download the rule book for free, HERE.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Updates

09/03/2011

• PeaceThatPowerBrings has volunteered to GM!

09/04/2011

• Updated the first post in this thread.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Game and Character Info

Character Sheet

Name:
Concept:

Channeling Magic:

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength:
Intelligence:
Dexterity:
Perception:
Constitution:
Willpower:

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points:
Endurance Points:
Speed:
Essence Pool:

Qualities~Point

Drawbacks~Point

Skill~Level

Power~Level

Character Bio:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Concept:[/b]

[b]Channeling Magic:[/b]

[b]Character Points:[/b]
[b]Spent:[/b]
[b]Unspent:[/b]

[u][b]Primary Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]Strength: [/b]
[b]Intelligence: [/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]
[b]Perception:[/b]
[b]Constitution:[/b]
[b]Willpower:[/b]

[u][b]Secondary Attributes:[/b][/u]

[b]Life Points:[/b]
[b]Endurance Points:[/b]
[b]Speed:[/b]
[b]Essence Pool:[/b]

[u]Qualities[/u]~[u]Point[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Drawbacks[/u]~[u]Point[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Skill[/u]~[u]Level[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u]Power[/u]~[u]Level[/u]
[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[u][b]Character Bio:[/b][/u]

Character Information

The Gifted

"Gifted characters get 15 points to distribute among Attributes, 10 points for Qualities (up to 10 points
in Drawbacks), 25 points for Skills and 30 points for Metaphysics. For obvious reasons, the Gifted must purchase
the Gift Quality (see p. 86)."   ~ Pg. 50 of the Rule book.

The Lesser Gifted

"The Lesser Gifted start out with 20 points for
Attributes, 15 points for Qualities (up to 10
points in Drawbacks), 30 points for Skills and 15
points for Metaphysics. The Lesser Gifted must buy
the Gift Quality (see p. 86)."  ~Pg. 51 of the Rule book.

The Mundane

"Mundanes start out with 25 points for Attributes,
20 points for Qualities (up to 10 points in
Drawbacks) and 35 points for Skills. They get no
points to buy Metaphysics (and cannot buy any with
extra points gained from Drawbacks), nor can they
purchase many of the Supernatural Qualities."  ~Pg. 51 of the Rule Book.

The Bast

"The Bast start out with 15 points in Attributes, 10 points for Qualities (up to 10 points in Drawbacks),
30 points in Skills, and 25 points in Metaphysics. All
Bast must purchase the Gift Quality, and
High Bast must also buy the Quality of
that name (for 5 Quality or
Metaphysics points)."  ~Pg. 52 of the Rule Book.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'll be the GM for this game. We're really looking for a group of 5 to 7 players, though if you are unsure about joining, keep in mind that the mission structure can allow players to change characters or join and leave as the game progresses quite easily. Furthermore, the game uses Unisystem which is explained through the game book, or for players new to system games, or just to this particular system, I am available to help.

Feel free to direct any questions here, or to me via PM.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Mhm, Peace pretty much has it down :)  And like Peace said, the way it'll be set up allows for a lot of freedom, with joining, leaving, creating new characters etc.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

This sounds interesting, however I know nothing about this system game thing if that is alright

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
This sounds interesting, however I know nothing about this system game thing if that is alright

Oh let me just tell you, I'm pretty new to the system thing to, and this one is one of the easier one's I've seen so far.  On the first post of this thread, I link to a site where you can download a free version of the rulebook(where I got mine) in PDF form, and it's mega super interesting.  I suggest downloading it to take a peek, it'll give you so many ideas on what sort of characters you could make.

Oooh, and let me add, if there's anything you don't understand feel free to ask it here :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

mmm I tried but did not downloaded right, can any one of you two add me to yahoo and pass me the book via there?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:25:20 PM
mmm I tried but did not downloaded right, can any one of you two add me to yahoo and pass me the book via there?

You have to create an account, which sucks I know, but that's free to.  And than you should just click the get for free link I believe, and than a pop up will come up, saying that your download is in progress, and wham it should work.  Mmm if you did all that and it still didn't work, I can of course add you to my E-mail, and try passing it on.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I tried all that and still could not get it, if you want email it to me.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 05:36:15 PM
I tried all that and still could not get it, if you want email it to me.

Alrighty, just pm me your E-mail address, so I can send it.  I tried E-mailing it to the yahoo one you have listed, but it didn't work.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

Question, what kind of NC can I expect to find here if I choose to join. Can I make a bast? I love cat peopleeee

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 06:10:30 PM
Question, what kind of NC can I expect to find here if I choose to join. Can I make a bast? I love cat peopleeee

Imma leave this for Peace to answer, since he's the games mojo maker, and keeper of knowledge.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Miyu on September 05, 2011, 06:10:30 PM

For NC content, its will be something that will depend greatly on the players. It will be discussed with players beforehand, and it certainly won't be a requirement. Of course, anyone wanting something in particular can be accommodated where possible. This is a sort of dark magical setting, so when it appears happening to an NPC or a player, it will be something serious, and with significant impact.

I'll PM you so we can talk about a character concept.

ShamshielDF

I'll put in a tentative interest...I'm looking over the rules at the moment, but it sounds interesting.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

This is awesome!  So far we have three played characters!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

I'm currently sketching out ideas and chatting with Peace in PMs.  I will be jumping in with a vampyre character, if that won't mess things up too much?  I have some ideas for her background, though I'm still reading up on the background of the world and the mechanics of the system.
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 07, 2011, 09:38:41 AM
I'm currently sketching out ideas and chatting with Peace in PMs.  I will be jumping in with a vampyre character, if that won't mess things up too much?  I have some ideas for her background, though I'm still reading up on the background of the world and the mechanics of the system.

Oh, there's no problems with having a Vampyre character :)

Right now I'm working on my character to, so we're in the same boat.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

WhiteTigerForever

I AM VERRRRRRRRY INTERESTED IN THIS GAME AND IS A WONDERFUL IDEA!!!  I STILL NEED TO LOOK UP YOUR LINKS BUT AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH REAL WITCHCRAFT AND MAJIK.  I KNOW THE RITUALS AND THE 4 WATCHTOWER QUARTERS, THE PLACEMENT AND LINE UP OF THE RULERSHIPS... AS WELL AS THE ZENITH AND AZIMUTH POINTS FOR CREATING YOUR CIRCLE, THE DIRECTING OF ENERGY, SUMMONINGS, ALL THE GOOD STUFF... I WOULD ADORE BEING APART OF THIS!  XD

BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT I AM NOT FAMILIAR AT ALL WITH THE GAME SYSTEM OR HOW TO USE IT NOR REALLY WANT TO DO THE DICE ROLLING STUFF AS AN O.C. HIGH FANTAS WRITER... DOES THAT RULE ME OUT?  LET ME KNOW AND MY CHARACTERS CAN BE PRETTY COOL..IF I CAN FLOW WITH THE RP AND LOTS OF GROUP DISCUSSION, COORIDINATION, PLOT, AND COMMUNICATIONS!

ONCE I FIND OUT AND THE TYPES OF CHARACTERS NEEDED, ETC.. AND CAN STILL BE IN THE GAME, THEN I WILL BEGIN WORKING ON MY CHARACTER.
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Hellion000

I really really really suck at forums games. I'm willing to give it a shot though, based on my love of new game systems. But, I'd like to partner up with someone to discuss characters with so I have more of an incentive to keep at it.

Edit to Add:

Drivethru lets you access via FB, so if you have an account on FB just do it that way. No joining, nothing but clicking two buttons.

PeacethatPowerbrings

WhiteTigerForever - I would suggest reading the core book first, but unfamiliarity with system games isn't necessarily a problem at all. I'm always available to help, and the Unisystem, that WitchCraft uses is actually fairly easy to understand in play.

Hellion - I am always available to discuss characters, so feel free to PM me.

undisclosedtoyou

I'm almost done with my character sheet, so when it's done, I'll post it up for everyone to see. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MasterMischief

I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 07, 2011, 06:05:23 PM
WhiteTigerForever - I would suggest reading the core book first, but unfamiliarity with system games isn't necessarily a problem at all. I'm always available to help, and the Unisystem, that WitchCraft uses is actually fairly easy to understand in play.

Hellion - I am always available to discuss characters, so feel free to PM me.

thanks so much and I clicked on the link but it was to a forum.. do I need to join..etc.. and I need to find out if it fits my freestyle use of majik in games and rl..XD!!

and Hellion... roflmao  *hugs*

*hugs and tackles MasterChief and his Llama!*

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 07, 2011, 06:51:32 PM
I am familiar with the Unisystem and I have the core book, but I am not familiar with the setting.  Could I play a mundane and learn the setting as my character does?

Yes, absolutely.

undisclosedtoyou

What Peace said! Welcome MasterM!

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on September 07, 2011, 06:51:44 PM
thanks so much and I clicked on the link but it was to a forum.. do I need to join..etc.. and I need to find out if it fits my freestyle use of majik in games and rl..XD!!

and Hellion... roflmao  *hugs*

*hugs and tackles MasterChief and his Llama!*

That's just the site, you need to create a free account to access the area to download the rule book.  Or you can sign onto FB as Helion mentioned, and enter that way.

The way magic works in this system is a bit different, since it takes elements from a lot of sources, but there are ritualistic magic portrayed in the setting.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Hellion000

PtPb, I wasn't refering to a GM, though the offer is certainly appreciated. I was refering to another player. Someone to help me craft a mutual hook that would keep me coming back.

WhiteTigerForever

I am afraid I am not into dice rolls and such gaming..sorry..:(  I write with my muse and co authors..:(

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Hellion000 on September 07, 2011, 08:46:35 PM
PtPb, I wasn't refering to a GM, though the offer is certainly appreciated. I was refering to another player. Someone to help me craft a mutual hook that would keep me coming back.

Mm well, you can always talk to me if you like.  What kind of hook were you thinking of?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

My character:

Name: Jeremy Archer
Concept: Lesser Gifted
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dirty blond
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nationality: English
Known Aliases: Shadow

Channeling Magic: 0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Dexterity: 4
Perception: 4
Constitution: 3
Willpower: 3

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 34
Endurance Points: 32
Speed: 14
Essence Pool: 20

Qualities                   Point

Gift(Metaphysics)5
Contacts3
Fast Reaction Time2
Good Luck3
Situational Awareness2
Charisma1

Drawbacks                                                          Point

Addiction(Smoking)1-
Honorable2-
Paranoid2-
Secret(Information on people)3-
Adversary(Art theft in the FBI, and the Rosicrucian)2-

Skill                         Level

Street Wise4
Acrobatics (Special)4
Climbing4
Surveillance4
Lock-picking4
Pick-pocket4
Stealth4
Martial Arts (Special)2
Notice3
Traps2
Driving(car)2

Power             Level

Soul Projection5

Character Bio:
Jeremy was born lucky.  His mother had been just another drug addicted whore, dependent on any man who showed her any kind of affection.  His father, had been a random john, a man her mother fucked for a little bit of money to support her habit.  But his the people who spawned him, aren't very important in the long run.  He was lucky enough that his mother raised him until he was old enough to run the streets of London, and than one day she vanished.  She either ran away, or was killed, but it turned out to be a lucky break for him, because the son of a bitch who was sleeping with her, had been staring at him a little too intently recently, and with her gone, he had managed to dodge a bullet, and a lifetime of forced child prostitution.  Understandably mistrustful of the system, the police, and anything resembling the law, Jeremy promptly, and completely disappeared to...into the streets that he knew so well.

Again he was lucky, because although he hadn't started off as the most street savvy of kids, he was a quick learner, able to go long periods without eating, and had a willingness to do anything to survive.  He even managed to find a group of other homeless kids to run with, and he learned the true meaning of safety in numbers.  The six years he lived on the streets taught him many things, from picking pockets, scamming strangers, to how to slip a condom on a John who was unwilling to suit up.  And the streets weren't just a home and teacher for him, it also gave a strange meaning to his life, and forced him to create his own boundaries, rules, even an odd sort of structure.  So even though he was a criminal, he held to a moral high ground, that even upstanding members of society would find hard to follow.

When he was 14, he was incredibly stupid, and when he found a slightly open window, and compared it to his almost painfully empty belly, he took a risk, and added breaking and entering to his long list of felonies.  It seemed a bit too good to be true at first, but even when the window creaked, and slipped inside, nobody came out to catch him in the act.  So he got comfortable, eating what food he could find.  And than he got curious, thinking that such a large and obviously expensive house must hold untold riches, he started upstairs to look around.  It wasn't until he heard a slight click when he tried to open a door, that he realized that he had made a big mistake.  Moving quickly, he managed to dodge a trap, and than another, before he tripped over his feet and took a tumble down the stairs.

When he woke up, he found himself in a strangers bed, almost completely naked, except for his raggedy pair of briefs, and a sheet covering his lower body.  It only took him a moment to realize that there were no other clothes, and that he was quite firmly trapped in a strangers room.  He took comfort in the knowledge that he wasn't in jail, but he wasn't stupid, and knew that he could have possibly landed himself in an altogether more dangerous situation.

Again, the luck that had kept him alive for so long, had kicked in again, and instead of finding himself in the clutches of some child molester, he lucked out, and caught the interest of a rather 'eccentric' multi-millionaire.  The man was older, already had a son around the same age as Jeremy, but he saw something in the boy, and took his own risk by taking a chance on the little raggedy street urchin.  It was the boys natural instincts, the way he anticipated an attack, and his quick mind, mixed in with unbelievable luck, that in the end, made Jeremy an apt pupil.  When he was adopted, Jeremy finally got a taste of a real home, and a real family.  And so he was trained, and in the end took up the mantle of a first classed thief.

He spent decades doing what he loved, and he did love it.  When he started getting older, he decided that he was ready to do something else with his life.  Which, through a twist of fate, led to him contracting with the FBI, in return they'd erase his file from the database, and a comfortable salary.  Art theft, was far from happy about this though, so he held little doubt that they somehow kept a record of him somewhere, in the deepest darkest depths of their file cabinets.  And it was almost ironic, that his work with the FBI lead to him garnering more enemies, than he had throughout his entire criminal career.  Even through all that, he kept to his code, and refused to give out actual names and intimate details of his contacts, instead guiding the various teams he's worked with in the right direction.[/s]
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

Now that I have a idea on what the character sheet looks like I will need help with making my cat

Thufir Hawat

I'm pretty familiar with Classic unisystem, owning not only the core book for Witchcraft. I also play only system games, so that would be easier. In short, I'm interested.

BTW, if anyone needs help system-wise, you can as well turn to me. No, I'm not going to create your characters for you, but I can give you some hints or explain how something works and why. Just don't complain if the explanation is long ;).

Been thinking of a necromancer or Immortal, maybe with a Spirit patron, too. Either way, it would be the kind of guy that has seen Death up close, smiled to her and invited her out for a dance O:)! Sounds like the perfect fit for the "supernatural SWAT team" you're planning. Maybe a bit of minority blood in his veins, too, the rest will be "cold water", represented by higher Willpower.
If a necromancer or Immortal wouldn't be acceptable for a government agency, I might well re-work the above to a similar Seer or Inspired concept.

However, I'd like to know a bit more before creating a character.
-How often would you expect us to post? Sorry if I'm missing this in the thread.
-Just how Extreme can Extreme get? Would the characters be expected to participate in certain activities they would find objectionable? Or would we have the option to decline, possibly facing consequences?
-Characters all have to be Solitaires, basically? Am I getting this right?
-How do we work with the modifiers, which are usually handed by the GM?
-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys, instead of the necromancer or Immortal.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price >:)? I have a thing for some spirit entities from less-mainstream religions!
-Which social skill covers persuasion through sex performance ;D?

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on September 07, 2011, 08:51:50 PM
I am afraid I am not into dice rolls and such gaming..sorry..:(  I write with my muse and co authors..:(
Funny, that, because Unisystem actually allows for player-controlled outcomes via the hand of Cards option 8-)!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:07:44 PM
Now that I have a idea on what the character sheet looks like I will need help with making my cat

You can find the actual sheet inside the rule book, at the very end actually, and than under archetypes, you'll find some examples, I believe there's one for Bast to. 

I would have posted the CS up awhile ago, but it's taken me some time to actually understand it.  But now that I do understand it, I'll be posting up the sheet in the third post of this thread, along with info on what you'll need to create a character.  I'll have it up for you in a jiffy, and I'll be here tonight to answer questions as well.  I do suggest working on it with Peace, which is what I had to do.  Because he's so much better at this than I am.

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 07, 2011, 11:13:35 PM
I'm pretty familiar with Classic unisystem, owning not only the core book for Witchcraft. I also play only system games, so that would be easier. In short, I'm interested ;D.

BTW, if anyone needs help system-wise, you can as well turn to me. No, I'm not going to create your characters for you, but I can give you some hints or explain how something works and why. Just don't complain if the explanation is long ;).

Been thinking of a necromancer, maybe with a Spirit patron, too. Either way, it would be the kind of guy that has seen Death up close, smiled to her and invited her out for a dance >:)! Sounds like the perfect fit for the "supernatural SWAT team" you're planning. Maybe a bit of minority blood in his veins, too, the rest will be "cold water", represented by higher Willpower.
If a necromancer wouldn't be acceptable for a government agency, I might well re-work the above to a similar Seer or Inspired concept.

However, I'd like to know a bit more before creating a character.
-How often would you expect us to post? Sorry if I'm missing this in the thread.
-Just how Extreme can Extreme get? Would the characters be expected to participate in certain activities they would find objectionable? Or would we have the option to decline, possibly facing consequences?
-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys or a new Immortal, instead of the necromancer.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price ;D?
Funny, that, because Unisystem actually allows for player-controlled outcomes via the hand of Cards option 8-)!

Oh awesome!  I love that you're interested Thufir! /Cracks knuckles in preparation of explaining stuff./

I can't say that a necromancer would or wouldn't be allowed, since that's Peace's call, but I'm pretty sure it would.

These are the answers I'm sure I can answer:

I chose Extreme because I can see a few situations fitting such a rating happening in this game.  But that being said, I doubt anyone would be forced into participating in something they find really objectionable.  As for taking a consequence IC for not participating, that's up to Peace.

Yes, it's been decided that all the players characters need to not have any prior associations before they joined the team.  So they couldn't be part of a Covenant, Rosicrucian, or any other order.  I don't know if that automatically classifies them as being a Solitaire.

Right now, we're only using the main Rule book, but Peace will be getting his hands on the Mystery Codex to use to.

As for the other questions, I'll leave that up to Peace to answer, he should be back on in the morning.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I guess I will wait for him to have time to work with me ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:44:29 PM

Mhm, I do suggest with working with him on it, but I am looking forward to seeing what you come out with :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

If you all take a peek at the third post in this thread, you'll find a basic CS for this game, and some character info that will help you with your character building.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 07, 2011, 11:37:35 PM
Oh awesome!  I love that you're interested Thufir! /Cracks knuckles in preparation of explaining stuff./

I can't say that a necromancer would or wouldn't be allowed, since that's Peace's call, but I'm pretty sure it would.

These are the answers I'm sure I can answer:

I chose Extreme because I can see a few situations fitting such a rating happening in this game.  But that being said, I doubt anyone would be forced into participating in something they find really objectionable.  As for taking a consequence IC for not participating, that's up to Peace.

Yes, it's been decided that all the players characters need to not have any prior associations before they joined the team.  So they couldn't be part of a Covenant, Rosicrucian, or any other order.  I don't know if that automatically classifies them as being a Solitaire.

Right now, we're only using the main Rule book, but Peace will be getting his hands on the Mystery Codex to use to.

As for the other questions, I'll leave that up to Peace to answer, he should be back on in the morning.
I'm fine with any situations happening, and IC consequences are fine in my book. I'm just not planning to play one of my more deranged characters who would participate in this willingly.

According to the book, if you're not in an order or Covenant, you're a Solitaire. That's just the catch-all term. Fine with me, I like Solitaires.

A word of warning, Immortals and Spirit Patrons are in the Abomination codex. The Mystery Codex has vampires and other undead, as well as some short info on Feral shapeshifters, which is again greatly expanded in the Abomination codex.

Quote from: Miyu on September 07, 2011, 11:44:29 PM
Or you could look up at your YIM ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 12:41:09 AM
I'm fine with any situations happening, and IC consequences are fine in my book. I'm just not planning to play one of my more deranged characters who would participate in this willingly.

According to the book, if you're not in an order or Covenant, you're a Solitaire. That's just the catch-all term. Fine with me, I like Solitaires.

A word of warning, Immortals and Spirit Patrons are in the Abomination codex. The Mystery Codex has vampires and other undead, as well as some short info on Feral shapeshifters, which is again greatly expanded in the Abomination codex.
Or you could look up at your YIM ;).

Lol, awww deranged is fun sometimes ;)

Mmmm, well we'll have to see than.  Peace might be able to get his hands on the book, but I don't know about that just yet.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

It is, but I'm not in the mood to play one right now. Been playing quite a few of them lately, now I want a change.

If I get in the mood for it, the mission structure would allow me to introduce one ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 12:54:06 AM
It is, but I'm not in the mood to play one right now. Been playing quite a few of them lately, now I want a change.

If I get in the mood for it, the mission structure would allow me to introduce one ;).

Mhm, I can understand that!  I know you said you have the core book, but have you ever played a game using this system before?  Was it fun?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

I know that Peace has a copy of the Mystery Codex, which is the book that I've been using to build up my vampire...she should be fun.  I don't know about the other book, the Abomination Codex.

I'm currently working on bashing together her sheet/background.  It should hopefully be up for looking over tomorrow some time.
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 08, 2011, 01:16:45 AM
I know that Peace has a copy of the Mystery Codex, which is the book that I've been using to build up my vampire...she should be fun.  I don't know about the other book, the Abomination Codex.

I'm currently working on bashing together her sheet/background.  It should hopefully be up for looking over tomorrow some time.

I can't wait to see it, and the other's of course!  I felt so slow when making up mine lol.  It took me an hour to figure out how to even start.  And than I pestered poor Peace with my constant questions and rewrites to the CS.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

BTW, you don't need a mundane to do that. A Lesser Gifted with 0 in Knowledge: Occult is going to be learning the setting as he goes ;). You can even have "Knowledge: specific religion or occult tradition", which you and me might have IRL, and at least parts of it will be wrong.
So, I recommend a Lesser Gifted, as the mundanes are highly unlikely to learn to channel their energy, ever.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:03:42 AM
Mhm, I can understand that!  I know you said you have the core book, but have you ever played a game using this system before?  Was it fun?

Still playing in a campaign using the system, although the GM has changed the setting to fit her ideas. It is lots of fun, although the system itself is there just to help resolving some high-tension moments!

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:29:30 AM
I can't wait to see it, and the other's of course!  I felt so slow when making up mine lol.  It took me an hour to figure out how to even start.  And than I pestered poor Peace with my constant questions and rewrites to the CS.
Don't worry, it's not meant to be the simplest system in the world ;D!

I'll add a couple to my previous questions, BTW.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 01:44:05 AM
Still playing in a campaign using the system, although the GM has changed the setting to fit her ideas. It is lots of fun, although the system itself is there just to help resolving some high-tension moments!
Don't worry, it's not meant to be the simplest system in the world ;D!

I'll add a couple to my previous questions, BTW.

Hahaha, I do have this to say about it though.  When I did finally finish it....I felt mega accomplished, like I had climbed mount Everest or something similar, lol.

Also, my character will probably shamelessly flirt with everyone.  But not to worry!  It'll only be to unsettle the other characters lol, I wouldn't have him really make somone uncomfortable.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 01:53:52 AM
Hahaha, I do have this to say about it though.  When I did finally finish it....I felt mega accomplished, like I had climbed mount Everest or something similar, lol.

Also, my character will probably shamelessly flirt with everyone.  But not to worry!  It'll only be to unsettle the other characters lol, I wouldn't have him really make somone uncomfortable.
Congratulations ;D!

Also, I'm not worried. Given the levels in Beauty I'm planning, I kinda doubt it would be the first unwanted attention my character gets ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 02:06:09 AM
Congratulations ;D!

Also, I'm not worried. Given the levels in Beauty I'm planning, I kinda doubt it would be the first unwanted attention my character gets ;).

*Curtsies*  Thank you, that 'Congratulations' was well earned!

Ooooh, will it have seduction and charisma to?  Mnomnomnom, if your character is too pretty, you might have to have it shake Archer off with a stick :)

I joke I joke ;) 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 08, 2011, 02:11:27 AM
*Curtsies*  Thank you, that 'Congratulations' was well earned!

Ooooh, will it have seduction and charisma to?  Mnomnomnom, if your character is too pretty, you might have to have it shake Archer off with a stick :)

I joke I joke ;)
I'll have him take stickfighting, and you just provided me with all the justification I might need ;D! And no, I'm not even joking, was planning on that since the first post.

BTW, this exchange would be a lot faster over YIM or the like ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 08, 2011, 02:24:59 AM
I'll have him take stickfighting, and you just provided me with all the justification I might need ;D! And no, I'm not even joking, was planning on that since the first post.

BTW, this exchange would be a lot faster over YIM or the like ;).

Hahaha, it'll be fun to see them spar, although I have to admit that Archer is terrible with weapons; if it's not a taser, or perhaps a nifty canister of mace, than you can pretty much bet on him attacking with his body.  <--I mean that in a non deviant way of course;)

And hmmm, I might pop onto my messenger lol.  I'll PM you my screen name.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 07, 2011, 11:13:35 PM

-Which books beyond the basic one are allowed, if any? I'm not thinking anything overpowered, just the Tao Chi guys, instead of the necromancer or Immortal.
-Could I get a Spirit patron, as mentioned before, if I pay the price >:)? I have a thing for some spirit entities from less-mainstream religions!
-Which social skill covers persuasion through sex performance ;D?

Yes, necromancers are perfectly acceptable. ;)

I'm not sure of the posting frequency yet, but I won't leave anyone behind if the game is quick, and I won't drop anyone if its slow.

As Dis said, there are situations that can come up, including just the level of violence they may encounter on missions. I'm not going to make anyone's character participate in anything, though IC consequences for refusing to do something may always exist, as with any action, or lack thereof. If I want something to happen, I won't just spring it on anyone's character though, I'll always ask if its something extreme.

Yes, the characters will be solitaires. The team will have been put together by the FBI specifically to avoid anyone on it having prior loyalties, to avoid conflicting interests. It won't guarantee there won't be, but at the start, the characters will be solitaires.

For this, I'll apply the modifiers, and the players can just give the basic roll, attribute plus a d10, or skill plus a d10, or attribute plus skill, and a d10.

All the books are allowed, as I now have them all.

Yes, you can get a spirit patron.

Seduction. XD

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 08, 2011, 10:31:06 AM
Yes, necromancers are perfectly acceptable. ;)

I'm not sure of the posting frequency yet, but I won't leave anyone behind if the game is quick, and I won't drop anyone if its slow.

As Dis said, there are situations that can come up, including just the level of violence they may encounter on missions. I'm not going to make anyone's character participate in anything, though IC consequences for refusing to do something may always exist, as with any action, or lack thereof. If I want something to happen, I won't just spring it on anyone's character though, I'll always ask if its something extreme.

Yes, the characters will be solitaires. The team will have been put together by the FBI specifically to avoid anyone on it having prior loyalties, to avoid conflicting interests. It won't guarantee there won't be, but at the start, the characters will be solitaires.

For this, I'll apply the modifiers, and the players can just give the basic roll, attribute plus a d10, or skill plus a d10, or attribute plus skill, and a d10.

All the books are allowed, as I now have them all.

Yes, you can get a spirit patron.

Seduction. XD
All of this is fine with me. Just to make sure, if all the books are open, I might get an Immortal instead? Probably going to go for someone with Old Soul whether immortal or necromancer, I like that quality ;).

Also, do you approve of the concept of "a guy maybe too familiar with things that scare normal people" ;)?

I guess answering my questions means I'm in. If so, expect a character sheet within 36 hours, hope that's not too long ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

PeacethatPowerbrings

I don't mind if you have a true immortal character.

As a short concept on a character that sounds, interesting.

Miyu

Thufir Hawat

Cool, will post the character sheet as soon as it's done!
Currently considering Santa Muerte as a spirit patron, although will probably gp for a Voudoun deity or animal spirit. Santa Muerte just sounds fun in a "crowish-like" meaning of "fun" >:).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

*Drops in*

I like the activity in this thread :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

SidheLady

Oh this sounds interesting. Is this a standard power level game? and could I use one of the supernaturals listed in the Armageddon book? (the future version)
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

I have Discord, ask to contact me!

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)
https://www.f-list.net/c/sidhelady/

PeacethatPowerbrings

This is a heroic level game, so all the numbers in the core book stand as-is. As for the Armageddon book, I'll have to look it over first, but you can PM me a concept and we can talk it over.

undisclosedtoyou

Hey everyone, we have a new thread up for this game dedicated to discussing plot/setting/the system.  You can find it HERE.  This isn't the games OOC thread though, so no chatter please.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I am going to have to back away from this game, I cannot do a character sheet in a system that I never played before and everybody its busy enough with their own. Have fun!! ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 08, 2011, 04:14:26 PM
I am going to have to back away from this game, I cannot do a character sheet in a system that I never played before and everybody its busy enough with their own. Have fun!! ^^

That's up to you, I do wish you luck in your other games.  If you do change your mind, all you have to do is PM Peace, and he'd be more than happy to help you with a character.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

nah he is busy enough as it is running a game I don't like to bother him making a char. Oh well anyways good luck with the game *hugs and kisses everybody*

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 08, 2011, 04:18:29 PM
nah he is busy enough as it is running a game I don't like to bother him making a char. Oh well anyways good luck with the game *hugs and kisses everybody*

To be honest, it's not a bother, he wants people to go to him in order to create a character.  Even if you started yours alone, he'd eventually have to look through it to make sure it's appropriate for what he has in mind.  But all the same, it's perfectly okay to drop out, and like I said before, have fun with your other games.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

I never said I wasn't interested, I will be reading the rp anyways if he has time to help me then fine but if not I will not hurry him that's what I meant ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 08, 2011, 04:23:07 PM
I never said I wasn't interested, I will be reading the rp anyways if he has time to help me then fine but if not I will not hurry him that's what I meant ^^

I know, which is why I edited that part out right after I posted it up, I didn't want to put words in your mouth.  But either way, it's fine if you don't want to join, and If you change your mind in the future, we'll be more than happy to have you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

You just said the same thing again that "its fine if I don't want to join". LOL ^^

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Miyu on September 08, 2011, 04:29:52 PM
You just said the same thing again that "its fine if I don't want to join". LOL ^^

Yes, I did.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Miyu

lol anyways I will see you guys around, pm me if you need anything

undisclosedtoyou

So talking with Peace, we have enough players to definitely start this game, which is a big yay.  We might still be accepting more, but at least now we can be comfortable that yes, it's going to definitely start!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MasterMischief

I am going to have to back out.  I wish you all a great game and I will lurk.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 08, 2011, 04:56:17 PM
I am going to have to back out.  I wish you all a great game and I will lurk.

It's all good MasterMischief, good luck on your other games :)

We still have enough players to start, so yay for that.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

I've finished the basic character sheet and a draft version of the history that will need severe editting as I wrote it on my phone...anyway, I should be able to pull things together tonight and PM to Peace to look over.  Hopefully she won't require too many edits ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 08, 2011, 10:39:37 PM
I've finished the basic character sheet and a draft version of the history that will need severe editting as I wrote it on my phone...anyway, I should be able to pull things together tonight and PM to Peace to look over.  Hopefully she won't require too many edits ^_^

Yay!  /Does a little dance for this!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

I'm starting work on my character now, and I suppose I might end up with a troupe of characters for replacement or for different missions ;D.

Quote from: Miyu on September 08, 2011, 04:23:07 PM
And I officially repeat my offer to help you out with the system ;)! Anyone else can also use said offer, if the system is the only thing that prevents you from participating.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 09, 2011, 01:22:46 AM
I'm starting work on my character now, and I suppose I might end up with a troupe of characters for replacement or for different missions ;D.
And I officially repeat my offer to help you out with the system ;)! Anyone else can also use said offer, if the system is the only thing that prevents you from participating.

Your so nice! :)

Also, I'm hopping on the irc if you want to chat :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

Okay...I've pinged my charrie over to Peace to look at.  If everything works out, I'll probably post her in this thread tomorrow ^_^  And while I may not know all the details of the system (you can only absorb so much in three days and working full time at the same time) I would be happy to help people out where I can.  The system is relatively simple, at least for character creation.  Particulars of combat might take a bit more doing, but that doesn't have to come up while making the character. 

If you're familiar with it, there are a lot of similarities to the old World of Darkness system.  Attributes and skills run a base 1 - 5 scale, most checks involve an attribute + skill roll, though the roll is handled differently. 

Anyway...I have far too much to do tomorrow, but I will see you all later!
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Sweet Shamshiel!  I can't wait to see it to! <3
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ShamshielDF

Yay!  Had to straighten out some math stuff with Peace we were able to get it all straightened out.  Just had to explain how I got some of the numbers I ended up with.  Background spoiler'd for length.  Also, when I have some time, I'm probably going to touch up the sheet a bit and fix some more of the formatting.  I added the elements from the expanded character sheet in the core book and changed some spacing/display of some sections.

Name: Alexandrea Fairbairn
Concept: Former soldier/slightly neurotic vampyre
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Strawberry blonde (prone to dyeing fits)
Eyes: Amber

Channeling Magic: 1

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength:6  Intelligence:2
Dexterity:7  Perception:2
Constitution:5  Willpower:5

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 54
Endurance Points: N/A
Speed: 24
Essence Pool: 69

Qualities   Point
Bard   9
Attractive   3
Attributes   6
Artistic Talent   3
Essence Channel   2
Increased Essence   2

Drawbacks~Point

Addiction3    (Experimental pharmaceuticals)
Cruel1    (Hunter instincts)
Delusion1    (Thinks she hears creators voice, never mentions voices in her head)
Honorable1    (Military background)
Obsession2    (Trying to maintain 'normalcy' via drugs)
Status2    (Originally classified as gov't property, now in flux)

Skill~Level

Chi Mastery1
Demolitions2
Dodge2
Driving1
Fine Arts(Turntablism)3
Guns(Assault Rifles)2
Guns(Handguns)4
Martial Arts2
Notice3
Stealth2

Power~Level

Vampyre15
Greater Shifting (Panther,Hawk)5
Manipulate Emotions3
Muse2
Common Vampyr Powers
Common Vampyr Vulnerabilities

Weapons/Hand to Hand:

WeaponRangeDamageCap
HK453/10/20/60/120D8x4(16)8
ClawsN/A1d8xStr(24)N/A
Bite(Animal)N/A1d6xStr(18)N/A

Possessions:
DJ Mixing Equipment (~$5000)
Used Chevy Impala (~$7000)
Used HK45 (~$750)
Class IIIa body armor w/ class IV plates (~$1000)

Contacts/Allies:

Character Bio:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alexandrea, Alex to her friends, originally came from the greater New York area.  Finishing high school, she decided that she wanted to continue on with college, though her family lacked the money to help.  Looking around, she decided on military service as the route to pay for school, as her father had served proudly and learned his trade there.  Her parents were concerned, especially as she was a young woman and their only child, but everything was relatively quiet at the time, so there wasn't much to worry about.

She went to the recruiters shortly after her senior year, and explained to them what she was interested in.  The recruiter asked her a number of questions, and determined she would do well in an MP brigade and signed her up.  Hardly a year had gone by before everything went to hell.  First the terrorist attacks, and she was sent home to help with the cleanup and keeping everything in line.  Then the hurricanes and other natural disasters, where she was activated again to help reinforce civilian police forces.

She heard about a new project that was being worked on, requesting female volunteers to assist with various policing actions in the middle east, particularly in sensitive religious/gender concerning details.  After a brief discussion with her parents she volunteered and was trained in a condensed course before going to “the sandbox”.

Her job mostly consisted of training the local women in the duties of inspecting other women and periodic duty at a checkpoint into the country, dealing with any women that came through as it was considered sacrilegious for men to touch women that they were unrelated to.  It was during one of her tines at the checkpoint that her squad was called to deal with a suspected terrorist in the hills near where they were.  A second squad would be along to help cover the checkpoint while they were away, but they wanted to move on the intel while it was still fresh.  So, they disappeared into the hills in their hummer.

It didn't take too long to find the lone house up in the mountains.  They checked the perimeter quickly, then knocked on the door.  When there wasn't an answer, the opted for a forced entry, which was about when everything went wrong.  Before they were more than 2 steps into the room a shorter man stepped into the group, seemingly grafted with thorny protrusions, and tore into the lead marine.  In short order the man cut a swath through the whole squad, leaving her for last.

The man grabbed her and held her still, however much she fought, whispering that he had saved her for last.  That he was going to savour her properly and that she would come to know her place in the world, just before biting her neck.  Apparently the man was more greedy than he thought, or she weaker than he expected, as she quickly found herself in the threshold realm.

Moments after her death, a trauma with which her soul was still reeling from, the man projected himself into that place with her.  Whispering that she would not escape his torments that easily, he began dragging her soul back into her body, recreating her as he was.  And that was when the second team arrived.  Apparently, someone on the team had their microphone open when breaching the door and the second squad had caught part of what happened during the entry.

As the vampyre was distracted with the forced creation of another, the squad came in to find the man crouched over her body, holding her in a threatening and somewhat lewd sort of way, and still moving slightly, the squad opened fire with all weapons.  Afterwards, there was little else to do than put their former compatriots into body bags.  Alexandrea's soul was still somewhat detached, confused and lost, working through the veil she was dropped in between her body and the threshold.  It took her some hours before her soul found her body, and still more before the sun set and she was able to awaken.

Suffice to say the medical examiners were confounded.  They were positive she was dead, what with no pulse, no breathing, throat half chewed out and so forth.  A report was sent up the line as well as a request for further instructions.  Before the next sunrise, a gentleman arrived via fast helicopter to take her on to custody.  All records of her retrieval, the particulars of her death and ore bizarre recovery were classified Top Secret and, for all intents and purposes lost.

Alexandrea spent the next five years in a CIA laboratory in DC, being poked, prodded, stabbed with needles, woken at all hours, scanned, analyzed, spindled and mutilated until the scientists literally ran out of experiments they could run.  She was able to find out that she was not the first vampyre they had held, and at least two had come before.  On the other hand, she was loyal to the US, a member of the military, and the longest lived of the vampyre's they'd had the opportunity to study in detail.

She learned very little of he existence, beyond certain minimums of what was needed to sustain herself.  She was able to find she didn't actually need blood, though, and convinced the lab people to bring her her music and equipment that she had out into storage just before deployment.  She couldn't play the clubs, but she could keep herself entertained.  She found a variety of ways to feed while in the lab, and likely (as far as she could tell) slept with almost every staff member at some point.  It was certainly more appealing than blood.  All she needed was an intense emotional response directed at her.  Additionally, one of the field agents who had encountered vampyres in the field and made stops by the lab on occasion to see what they had found and to visit with her.  During some of these visits he taught her a number of martial arts moves to help her focus and concentrate.

Of course, during her time with "the agency", they found her to be somewhat emotionally unstable.  They started her with fairly mundane antidepressants and other mood stabilizing drugs before moving progressively to more and more esoteric and experimental classes of medication.  None of the scientist mentioned that none of the myriad chemicals appeared to be at all chemically active in her body, but they seemed to make her feel better.  Now she makes runs to the lab pharmacy with a near religious fervor, taking dozens of pills on a strictly timed regimen that she alters each day based on sunset, with an alarm going off to remind her when to take the next dose.  They tried to cut back one point, but she nearly came over the counter after the pharmacist who was tasked to tell her.  Instead, its now just one more method for the lab to keep her on a short leash, even if it's all in her head.

Eventually, though, the lab ran out of tests, the scientist were bored and wanting field testing.  The director of the project (who she found out later was keeping her listed as an inventory item, like some experimental animal) allowed their request, and "in the spirit of inter-agency cooperation", lent her to the FBI to take part of a new investigative division, tasked with dealing with various items that did/'t fit comfortably into other units.

The one matter she has not brought up to either agency, however, is the fact that a few weeks after being put in the lab, she began hearing the voice of the vampyre that made her.  Sometimes taunting, others teasing, still other angry or crazy, it comes only once or twice a week now.  She has half convinced herself he's dead, but some part of her wonders if he's not just waiting for her to leave the halls and labs of the government where she will be more vulnerable.  Deep in her heart, she hasn't forgotten what he did to her, and even if she knows she's much stronger now, it means little to her fears and nightmares.

(Whether the voice is actually her creator or some delusion in her mind, or perhaps his reconbobulated ghost haunting her is left as an exercise for the GM.  She is generally limited to a 1 week supply of her meds with the understanding that anything beyond that requires an official request from her ‘handler’ on the FBI side.  She has started training in Tao Chi, but only has the most rudimentary of starts with it so far.  She has a number of vampyric abilities that she has not trained with or even knowingly used as of yet, being played at the moment as something that might be more ‘reflexive’ than intentional, and even then are likely to be used exceedingly rarely.  Once they’ve happened, she will have a reason to try to train them, but for the mean time, they’re dormant.)

edit: Added common Vampyr powers/vulnerabilities
Ons and offs!
A&A

Thufir Hawat

Preliminary character sent to the GM. Waiting for confirmation now.
BTW, I've got maximum human Attractiveness and can use sticks, so you're warned ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

Name is Hernandez, Alvaro Hernandez
Concept:Warrior/Seeker of Knowledge/Weird one and True Immortal
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 75 kg

Channeling Magic:0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 4
Intelligence:3
Dexterity:3
Perception:2
Constitution:2
Willpower:4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points:45
Endurance Points: 35
Speed: 10
Essence Pool:48

Character Bio:
Quality:
Metaphysics:
True Immortal 15pts
Awareness 3pts
Battle Boost 5pts
Gaze of Dominion 4pts
Spirit Voice 4 pts
Thought Wall 2 pts
Maker 6pts

Mundane qualities:
Charisma+2
Looks+5
Status+1 (cop)

Drawbacks:
Destiny Rider1pt
Clown 1 pt
Cruel 1 pt
Fear of commitment 1pt
Minority (Latino) 1pt
Recurring Nightmares 1pt
Secret 2pts (helped a criminal escape because he was sure she's framed. The sex might have helped, too!)
Showoff 2pts (usually all it takes is entering the room, but still)

Skills:
1.    Acting 1
2.    Beautician 1
3.    Bureaucracy 1
4.    Cheating 1
5.    Computers 1
6.    Dancing (latino) 2
7.    Dodge 1
8.    Driving (car) 1
9.    First Aid 1
10.  Gambling 1
11.  Gaze (special) 1
12.  Guns 1
13.  Haggling 1
14.  Knives 2
15.  Martial Arts (S) 2
16.  Notice 1
17.  Occult Knowledge (S) 1
18.  Questioning 1
19.  Research/Investigation 1
20.  Seduction 1
21.  Smooth Talking 1
22.  Streetwise 1
22.  Weightlifting 1

The life of Alvaro...Mr Hernandez for you!
I ate from the peaches of Immortality to become what I am. See, there was this Chinese girl in San Francisco...
What, did you believe it? Screw it, you're easily duped. Let me start again.
To become immortal I nearly died, nearly being the keyword. Some guy in the 'hood wanted my ass. I didn't want to see his ugly face anywhere near me. He was a Big Deal in the 'hood, thinking people owe him everything, 'cuz he was with the... whatever. A gang I try to steer clear of since then. Anyway, the conflict was imminent.
So he tried to force himself on me, and found out I'm wearing a switchblade. Cut up his left arm in two places, before he pulled a gun. So, he shot me and ran away, or I guess he did.
When he shot me, I fell and screamed in pain. Don't know what happened in the meantime. ER, I guess...
I dreamed of glory and power, of creation and destruction, of creating beautiful objects, facing fearsome foes, and sleeping with beautiful girls in a land far away. I dreamt of my death.
And then I woke up, not needing a single stitch. So I jumped through the window, and went to see him. His hand was still broken, but that was to be the least of his pains.
I entered his room, and his eyes got all big, and round and scared. So I looked inside his eyes and entered his head, as I knew I could.
And remembering the pain, I made him pull his pants off and offer his ass to whomever wants to have it in his gang. I made him ask them to be their bitch. Submitting a person so completely despite his fear is a feat I haven't been able to pull off since.
Then I left, not bothering to see his incoming degradation, and returned to the hospital. In the morning, I signed off all the papers I had to and left before they could see my skin was whole.
Or so I thought. However, I was soon contacted by FBI, and offered a choice. I could take the blue pill or the red pill... one would get me in a government laboratory, the other, in a special unit.
Hey, it was Bush's age! Such things happened. Dunno how they're recruiting them now.
Since then, I have worked on a few assignments, both for FBI, my official job, and for less savoury ones. And on less savoury jobs. I can tell ya, but I'd need to kill ya then. You sure you want to know?
Smart choice.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ShamshielDF

So far the vampyr approves.  Two men, one drop dead handsome...a comment comes to mind about ambulatory happy meals...

This definitely looks good from her point of view.
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 09, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
So far the vampyr approves.  Two men, one drop dead handsome...a comment comes to mind about ambulatory happy meals...

This definitely looks good from her point of view.

Oooh everyone's characters look so good!  I'm going to go into mine and add the age and such, since I forgot to do so before.  Also, three is such a nice number so far :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

If the vampyre asks nicely, maybe... >:) Otherwise, you'd find Alvaro's will harder to break than usual.
Also, just added a bio.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Unless it's absolutely necessary, Shadow A.K.A Archer, is sooo not donating blood lol.  What kind of (former) thief would voluntarily offer his neck up, teehee.   Although you never know :P
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Vampyres in Witchcraft don't need to drink blood, actually. Some need to, but that's a Drawback, and she ain't got that one.
Most feed on your emotions, which can be fear and pain, or lust and happiness >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 09, 2011, 05:37:42 PM
Vampyres in Witchcraft don't need to drink blood, actually. Some need to, but that's a Drawback, and she ain't got that one.
Most feed on your emotions, which can be fear and pain, or lust and happiness >:)!

O.O  My goodness...that's actually really cool!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
O.O  My goodness...that's actually really cool!
It is cool, indeed. I'd venture a guess and say that this is why she chose to play a Vampyre :P.

I also wonder whether the characters know each other.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Mmm, I can't say for sure, but I'd probably say it wasn't too likely.  But than again, it's more than possible. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Its up to you really. If they've been working in government agencies, then it isn't out the question that they'd have had some interaction, not likely, but possibly.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 09, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Its up to you really. If they've been working in government agencies, then it isn't out the question that they'd have had some interaction, not likely, but possibly.

Peace, I want you on irc! *pout.*  Do you ever go on irc?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

I join the request for an IRC discussion ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

I'll send a skin tight cat suit wearing Archer to you as a bribe Peace!  Don't make me dooooeeesss it!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 06:09:22 PM
Peace, I want you on irc! *pout.*  Do you ever go on irc?

No, I don't, but I suppose I could be persuaded to change my irc-less ways.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
I'll send a skin tight cat suit wearing Archer to you as a bribe Peace!  Don't make me dooooeeesss it!

Devious. >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 09, 2011, 06:19:52 PM
No, I don't, but I suppose I could be persuaded to change my irc-less ways.

Devious. >:)

bwahaahhahaaa *sends mini kisses*  Your so awesome!  Hell I could be persuaded to create an temp irc channel for all of use, including ShamshielDF<3, to use!  So we can all talk together!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

*stumbles in, blinks*

I think someone's avatar hypnotized me into joining this game. I'm just posting here to get it in my New Replies list while I download the rules, see what's being played, and come up with a concept.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 09, 2011, 10:59:55 PM
*stumbles in, blinks*

I think someone's avatar hypnotized me into joining this game. I'm just posting here to get it in my New Replies list while I download the rules, see what's being played, and come up with a concept.

Pleads the fifth about the avatar comment!

Also yay.  So far we have a Lesser Gifted, Vampyre, And Immortal.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 09, 2011, 10:59:55 PM
*stumbles in, blinks*

Welcome to the party, the water seems fine so far ;D!
Also, Unisystem is IMO one of those games where the concept of "balanced party with magic user, meatshield, sneaky guy and healer" is best forgotten outright. Everybody has some skills in magic, for example, although not quite on par with a real Gifted.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 09, 2011, 11:08:24 PM
Pleads the fifth about the avatar comment!

Also yay.  So far we have a Lesser Gifted, Vampyre, And Immortal.
That should actually give him more options as the Vampyre and Immortal aren't from the corebook, which is the free one ;). Thus, he can use several kinds of Gifted, a Bast or even a Mundane without worrying the characters would end up similar in play.
I wouldn't recommend Mundane for this game, as they can't even see half the fun, but that might be just me.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ShamshielDF

Vampyre is our requisite slightly neurotic gun-bunny/DJ.  Oh, and lets not forget a pretty, pretty party thus far ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

TheGlyphstone

What would be the best way to go about representing a Voodoo/Voudon practioner who calls up and makes pacts with Loa spirits to gain their blessings? The Spirit Mastery Invocation is obvious, but the Loa don't really match up to any of the example types of Spirits, and there don't appear to be any rules for possession.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Take a look at the Necromancy section, there are more spirit medium sort of powers there.

TheGlyphstone

Actually, that pretty close to what I was looking for, now that you've pointed it out - Loa aren't spirits of the dead, but the mechanics given there are close enough. It says Necromancy only works on the dead, though - can I work around that?

undisclosedtoyou

I've read through the Necromancy section, but I didn't really remember much about it, beyond the fact that they aren't out right evil, like a lot of settings portray them as being.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 10, 2011, 04:52:58 PM
I've read through the Necromancy section, but I didn't really remember much about it, beyond the fact that they aren't out right evil, like a lot of settings portray them as being.

QuoteUnless specified otherwise, assume that a given
Necromantic power only affects the dead.
:-(

PeacethatPowerbrings

Actually there is information on specifically voodoo spirits in the abomination codes. So, I'd suggest going with the invocation spirit mastery, and we can make that work.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:24:10 PM
Actually there is information on specifically voodoo spirits in the abomination codes. So, I'd suggest going with the invocation spirit mastery, and we can make that work.

This actually brings up a question of my own.  With spirit mastery, is it only pertaining to spirits from the deceased, or will his character be able to affect Shadow when he's using his spirit projection ability?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Spirit mastery concerns all the varieties of spirits, so yes, I think someone with spirit mastery could attempt Shadow's spirit projection, but it would be possible to resist.

ShamshielDF

Really the only realm vampies can touch is the Threshold, which they can do innately.  Go and visit the spirits of the recently dead, drag them kicking and screaming back to their body, explore the between world...
Ons and offs!
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:24:10 PM

I'll see what I can do about acquiring a copy of the abomination codex and take a look. In the meantime, Spirit Mastery it shall be.
My usual sources have failed me, so never mind on the looking at it myself front.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:29:42 PM
Spirit mastery concerns all the varieties of spirits, so yes, I think someone with spirit mastery could attempt Shadow's spirit projection, but it would be possible to resist.

Sweet, should be fun!

Also, I'mma tweak my character a bit, I've been thinking about it over the last few days, but I've only really decided on it today.  I'm gonna switch up my Archer A.K.A Shadow, and make him female.  Nom, to be fair...Shadow's the kind of character that works either way really.

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 10, 2011, 05:37:15 PM
Really the only realm vampies can touch is the Threshold, which they can do innately.  Go and visit the spirits of the recently dead, drag them kicking and screaming back to their body, explore the between world...

Which is really cool!

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 05:40:15 PM
I'll see what I can do about acquiring a copy of the abomination codex and take a look. In the meantime, Spirit Mastery it shall be.
My usual sources have failed me, so never mind on the looking at it myself front.

I really want to buy the other books, if I did [have] digital copies of them, I'd send them to you.

Edited: A grammatical error.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

That'd be nice. I would like to know what the book says about the voodoo spirits before I make the entire character though, I may decide to do something entirely different.

ShamshielDF

Now, the really important question from Alexandrea's point of view...is female Archer bi?
Ons and offs!
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Also, Gryph we have an irc chan.  If you want to check it out, it's on Mibbits: Sorcery[webirc], the channel is #witchcraft Elliquiy, Elliquiy being the password.

Mmm, Peace and Thefir has the book I believe, mmm, if you pop on irc Peace may be able to give you more info, or PM'ing him would work to.

*Feels like I'm pimping Peace out ;)*

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 10, 2011, 05:57:36 PM
Now, the really important question from Alexandrea's point of view...is female Archer bi?

Nom, of course.  Lol, the only thing changing will be the physical description and bio, but even than, it won't be very different.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 05:56:30 PM
That'd be nice. I would like to know what the book says about the voodoo spirits before I make the entire character though, I may decide to do something entirely different.
EDIT: And I found it on Scribd. Can't download/save it, but I can read and copy the relevant bits...let's see...

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:01:37 PM
EDIT: And I found it on Scribd. Can't download/save it, but I can read and copy the relevant bits...let's see...

Link?  I would like to glance at it to, if it's not a problem to link it here that is.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

I might surprise you, but to me, a Voudou practitioner might well be a Divinely Inspired. Just food for thought, you check for yourself whether they powers fit your idea, but they don't have to be monotheistic ;).
Abomination codex gives rules for Spirit patrons, so a voudou practitioner might well be a Divinely Inspired looking to acquire a more permanent connection with a Spirit Patron.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 10, 2011, 06:03:43 PM
Link?  I would like to glance at it to, if it's not a problem to link it here that is.

It's technically breaking copyright, so I think it is against the rules. Just google 'Abomination Codex', though, it's the 4th or 5th link down.

Looking at what's available, I'm liking the idea of a black-humored, mildly sadistic Voodoo practioner with Baron Samedi as a spirit patron. Probably a full-on Gifted.

Question for Peace: I want to play a very 'Lawful Evil' type character, with either one or two levels of the Honorable drawback, but would obeying the letter of his promises while subverting the heck out of their spirit be against the spirit of the Drawback? The books talk about how spirits often try to take advantage of loopholes in their bargains, and I wanted my character to be similar.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:38:31 PM
It's technically breaking copyright, so I think it is against the rules. Just google 'Abomination Codex', though, it's the 4th or 5th link down.

I'll definitely do that, thank you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:38:31 PM
Question for Peace: I want to play a very 'Lawful Evil' type character, with either one or two levels of the Honorable drawback, but would obeying the letter of his promises while subverting the heck out of their spirit be against the spirit of the Drawback? The books talk about how spirits often try to take advantage of loopholes in their bargains, and I wanted my character to be similar.

It is against the spirit of this drawback. However, since Baron Samedi has a trickster aspect, I'll let you take the honorable drawback as something Baron Samedi requires as an obligation, and allow your character to work around it in that way. Make sense?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 06:46:59 PM
It is against the spirit of this drawback. However, since Baron Samedi has a trickster aspect, I'll let you take the honorable drawback as something Baron Samedi requires as an obligation, and allow your character to work around it in that way. Make sense?

Sure, that works. I'm already taking Level 1 Cruel as a Drawback, I'll tack on Honorable 2 as well; I'll bet Samedi would even like it better that way.

EDIT: Incidentally, I find it kinda odd that a Lesser Gifted starts with a larger Essence Pool than a Gifted does (assuming neither buys the Increased Essence Pool quality), but whatevs.

undisclosedtoyou

Reworked Character sheet:

Name: Jessica Archer
Concept: Daredevil/Lesser Gifted
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nationality: English
Known Aliases: Shadow

Channeling Magic: 0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 3
Dexterity: 4
Perception: 4
Constitution: 3
Willpower: 4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 30
Endurance Points: 32
Speed: 14
Essence Pool: 20

Qualities                   Point

Gift(Metaphysics)5
Contacts3
Fast Reaction Time2
Good Luck3
Situational Awareness2
Charisma1

Drawbacks                                                          Point

Addiction(Smoking)1-
Honorable2-
Paranoid2-
Secret(Information on people)3-
Adversary(Art theft in the FBI, and the Rosicrucian)2-

Skill                         Level

Street Wise4
Acrobatics (Special)4
Climbing4
Surveillance4
Lock-picking4
Pick-pocket4
Stealth4
Martial Arts (Special)2
Notice3
Traps2
Driving(car)2

Power             Level

Soul Projection5

Character Bio

Jessica was born lucky.  Her mother had been just another drug addicted whore, dependent on any man who showed her any kind of affection.  Her father, had been a random john, a man her mother fucked for a little bit of money to support her habit.  But the people who spawned him, aren't very important in the long run.  She was lucky enough that her mother raised her until she was old enough to run the streets of London, and than one day the woman vanished.  She either ran away, or was killed, but it turned out to be a lucky break for Jessica, because the son of a bitch who was sleeping with her, had been staring at her a little too intently recently, and with her mother gone, she had managed to dodge a bullet, and a lifetime of forced child prostitution.  Understandably mistrustful of the system, the police, and anything resembling the law, Jessica promptly, and completely disappeared into the streets that she knew so well.

Again she was lucky, because although she hadn't started off as the most street savvy of kids, she was a quick learner, able to go long periods without eating, and had a willingness to do anything to survive.  She even managed to find a group of other homeless kids to run with, and she learned the true meaning of safety in numbers.  The six years she lived on the streets taught her many things, from picking pockets, scamming strangers, to how to slip a condom on a John who was unwilling to suit up.  And the streets weren't just a home and teacher for her, it also gave a strange meaning to her life, and forced her to create her own boundaries, rules, even an odd sort of structure.  So even though she was a criminal, he held to a moral high ground, that even upstanding members of society would find hard to follow.

When she was 14, she was incredibly stupid, and when she found a slightly open window, and compared it to her almost painfully empty belly, she took a risk, and added breaking and entering to her long list of felonies.  It seemed a bit too good to be true at first, but even when the window creaked, and slipped inside, nobody came out to catch her in the act.  So she got comfortable, eating what food she could find.  And than she got curious, thinking that such a large and obviously expensive house must hold untold riches, so she started upstairs to look around.  It wasn't until she heard a slight click when she tried to open a door, that she realized that she had made a big mistake.  Moving quickly, she managed to dodge a trap, and than another, before she tripped over her own feet and took a tumble down the stairs.

When she woke up, she found himself in a strangers bed, almost completely naked, except for her raggedy pair of panties, and a sheet covering her body.  It only took her a moment to realize that there were no other clothes, and that she was quite firmly trapped in a strangers room.  She took comfort in the knowledge that she wasn't in jail, but she wasn't stupid, and knew that she could have possibly landed herself in an altogether more dangerous situation.

Again, the luck that had kept her alive for so long, had kicked in again, and instead of finding herself in the clutches of some child molester, she lucked out, and caught the interest of a rather 'eccentric' multi-millionaire.  The man was older, already had a son around the same age as Jessica, but he saw something in the girl, and took his own risk by taking a chance on the little raggedy street urchin.  It was the girls natural instincts, the way she anticipated an attack, and her quick mind, mixed in with her unbelievable luck, that in the end, made Jessica an apt pupil.  When she was adopted, Jessica finally got a taste of a real home, and a real family.  And so she was trained, and in the end took up the mantle of a first classed thief.

She spent decades doing what she loved, and she did love it.  When she started getting older, she decided that she was ready to do something else with her life.  Which, through a twist of fate, led to her contracting with the FBI, in return they'd erase her file from the database, and give her a comfortable salary.  Art theft, was far from happy about this though, so she held little doubt that they somehow kept a record of her somewhere, in the deepest darkest depths of their file cabinets.  And it was almost ironic, that her work with the FBI lead to her garnering more enemies, than she had throughout her entire criminal career.  Even through all that, she kept to her code, and refused to give out actual names and intimate details of her contacts, instead guiding the various teams she's worked with in the right direction.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Given the extra points in metaphysics, the Gifted would be more likely to have the Increased Essence pool, though. And Increased Essence is a greater increase at the start of the game then when purchased with XP ;).
So it works out, except for the edge cases, which are by definition not common.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

True.

Is it possible to put no points in an Attribute (leaving it at 0) and spending Drawback points to bring it up to a positive value? Or do you have to put at least 1 point in all your Attributes before doing anything else?

PeacethatPowerbrings

No, you need to spend your basic attribute points first, and then add your drawback points.

TheGlyphstone

That's what I thought, but there was a sidebar for Attributes at or below 0, so I was a little confused.

undisclosedtoyou

I was a bit curious about this to, but say, having a constitution of 0 would make you dead wouldn't it?  Or at least, you'd be too weak/sickly to do anything.  Although I guess if you're of the undead you don't need a constitution?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Technically your attributes can be zero or below, but that would indicate some severe mental or physical handicap. The normal person wouldn't be at less that 1 in any attribute at adulthood.

undisclosedtoyou

If you had a -1, would that mean you get an extra point, or would you technically use a point to get the -1?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Actually, undead have better constitution, since they can generally outdrink you and aren't subject to fatigue >:)!
People can survive with a Constitution of -1, they just would have a harder time staying alive in an accident, or surviving a disease. Your resident rules lawyer doesn't recommend to create a PC with a too low Constitution, but the sidebar is there to make it possible and so the GM would know how to deal with NPCs in the setting that might have such stats ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

Okay, another clarification - can Metaphysical Points be spent on any Supernatural Qualities, or only Gifted? Gifted is the only one that says you can, but can you also spent them on, say, Essence Channeling or Improved Essence Pool?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 07:52:49 PM
Okay, another clarification - can Metaphysical Points be spent on any Supernatural Qualities, or only Gifted? Gifted is the only one that says you can, but can you also spent them on, say, Essence Channeling or Improved Essence Pool?

Mmmm, I'm curious about this now, good question!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 07:52:49 PM

Unless otherwise stipulated, as with The Gift, metaphysics points can only be used on powers.

TheGlyphstone

In that case, it is indeed extremely odd that Lesser Gifteds will almost always have a larger starting Essence pool than true Gifted, because they get more Attributes and more Qualities.

PeacethatPowerbrings

The essence pool of a person is influenced on the basic level by their actual physical attributes. The gift between a lesser gifted, and a fully gifted is no different, the difference is between one's natural essence pool in their physical form, and their actual ability to use it.

Thufir Hawat

They're also more dependent on their mundane skills, and thus, more likely to invest in Qualities that complement them. OTOH, the Gifted gain more Metaphysics points, so they use them more often and gain more from an increased Essence pool, and even one more level of Increased Essence gives them a bigger pool.
Guess who is more likely to invest Quality points in increasing their essence pool?
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

If it's supposed to be that way, I guess. And looking at the numbers, a 'Lesser' Gifted and a Gifted who spend the same Quality points on Essence would only be 5 points different.

Thufir Hawat

Yes, and that's exactly one level of Increased Essence. Now add to this that the Gifted will be better at manipulating the available Essence ;).
Again, I'd invest more heavily in mundane qualities if I was playing a lesser Gifted, and I doubt that's just me.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

It still feels a little weird, at least in how 'I Can Use Magic' can be bought with magic points, but 'I Can Use More Magic' and 'I Can Use Magic Faster' can't.

PeacethatPowerbrings

The Gift isn't a quality like those others are, its is an intrinsic quality, something gained at birth, or not at all. An exception is made for it because it is different, so that if you want more qualities, you can buy it with metaphysics, and if you want more powers, you can buy it with qualities, on a meta-level it makes sense, even if, perhaps, it shouldn't strictly have been lumped in with all the other qualities.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, that makes a teeny bit more sense.

I'm pretty much finished Qualities now, and moving on to Skills.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 09:01:14 PM
Okay, that makes a teeny bit more sense.

I'm pretty much finished Qualities now, and moving on to Skills.

Nomnom, we want you on irc Glyph :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

How do I get on IRC?
never minds.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Charsheet draft 1:

Name: Mordechai Morris
Concept: Gifted/Vigilante Murderer/Voodoo Priest
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Sexuality: Straight
Nationality: Haitian

Channeling Magic: 2

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 4
Intelligence: 2
Dexterity: 2
Perception: 2
Constitution: 4
Willpower: 4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 42
Endurance Points: 41
Speed: 12
Essence Pool: 25

QualitiesPoint
Gift(Metaphysics)5
Essence Channeling 2
Nerves of Steel 3
Photographic Memory2
Improved Essence Pool 2

DrawbacksPoint
Addiction(Cigars)-1
Honorable-2
Minority -1
Cruel-1
Adversary(Brotherhood of Blood cabal)-2
Bad Luck 1-3

SkillLevel
Brawling4
Dodge5
Intimidation3
Language (English)3
Occult Knowledge (Special)3
Guns(Handguns)4

PowerLevel
Invocations
Blessing1
Warding1
Lesser Healing1
Necromancy
Necromancy Skill1
Death Lordship1
Death Speech1

Spirit Patron: Baron Samedi (+11 Metaphysical)

BoonsCost
Spirit Speech (Best Advice, 1/day)+4
Death Sight 2+6
Vigor (+2 to All)+6
Obligations
Beholden-3
Gift of Kin-1
Gift of Kind-1

Character Background

Mordechai Morris was born in Haiti, the third son of a family who still followed the old ways when so many others had forgotten them. His father, the houngan of their extended family, was a sworn devotee of the voodoo god Papa Legba, and like his older brothers and sisters, Mordechai grew up on stories of how justice had fallen from the world, and how it was their duty as children of the loa to bring justice back where they could. He listened, and learned, but in his own way, for at times it seemed fate itself conspired to punish Mordechai for his existence. He was fantastically clumsy and, it often seemed, cursed with ill fortune to the most fantastic degrees. Many times, experienced houngans examined him for dark curses, but found nothing. This built resentment in him as he grew older, developing into a strapping and powerful man, until a chance visit to another family’s celebration that the truth of his ‘curse’ was revealed. While the rest of his family were true children of Papa Legba, Mordechai had instead been chosen at birth by the malicious death-trickster Baron Samedi, the misfortunes plaguing him an unconscious expression of his misplaced heritage.

Once this truth had been realized, and the relationship between Mordechai and his malicious patron formally recognized and sealed in blood and rum, life eased for him. He found work in the city, Baron Samedi’s eyes and ears into the world of mortals by way of their bars and parties, all the while cultivating his own private knowledge of ancient voodoo lore. This could have persisted until he died, had his path not crossed with that of a middling-grade bokor by the name of Amazi. A newly initiated member of the secretive, dark-magic cult calling themselves the Brotherhood of Blood, Amazi had sought to slay a houngan to prove his mastery of the voodoo arts, and targeted Mordechai mostly at random for the deed. Unfortunately for the would-be bokor, his target had Samedi’s patronage, and the attempted alleyway ambush one night ended with Amazi dead at Mordechai’s feet instead of the other way round. Victorious, he was still forced to flee, for Amazi had possessed allies and friends, the other members of his dark circle who would come seeking revenge for the death. To evade their reach, Mordechai emigrated to America.

Again, this could have been his life, but now Mordechai’s conflicting heritages rose within him again. He plied his knowledge of English and his intimidating demeanor and physique into employment as a bouncer at various clubs and bars in New York, far from the clutches of a trio of penny-ante sorcerers. Baron Samedi went with him, though, and as their bond deepened, he began to discover Samedi’s use of his eyes had left its mark and allowed him to detect those whose death would soon come upon them, along with those who had brought death to others with their own hands. This sparked Mordechai’s memories of the lessons his father, a scion of Papa Lebga, had taught him. Where justice could not be found, there could be an angel of death ready to bring vengeance for the slain, and so Mordechai became a murderer of murderers, arranging overdoses and accidents for killers who mistakenly wandered into the bars he stood sentinel over.

This persisted for several years, until misfortune struck again in the hands of a victim who turned out to be a state senator, drowning his sorrows in drink after he killed his wife in a fit of passion. Not that Mordechai had known this, or would have cared, when he set the man to stumble in front of a late-night taxi driving at high speed down the street, but the death brought official attention to the small but persistent rise in bar-related ‘accidental deaths’. A serial killer task force was deployed, but other members of the FBI identified Mordechai first – fellow Gifted, under employ to the government. Rather than expose him to mundane authorities, though, they offered him a job – he could continue killing in the name of misbegotten justice, and honor his patron in the doing, but his murders would now be at the behest of superiors who could point him in the right direction.

Sydonai

anymore room for one more character here? :-)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Sydonai

great! :D

I'm currently working out a character sheet and in the middle of reading the whole rulebook(although some things still confuses me :-\ ) I'll pm it to you peace, once I'm done so you could check for any mistakes or errors in calculations

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Sydonai on September 11, 2011, 12:18:30 PM
great! :D

I'm currently working out a character sheet and in the middle of reading the whole rulebook(although some things still confuses me :-\ ) I'll pm it to you peace, once I'm done so you could check for any mistakes or errors in calculations

Great. :D

The Game OOC is now up. You can find the link for the character sheet thread there as well, with all the, thus far, approved character sheets. As soon as the IC thread is ready, I'll post a notice here, and in the OOC.

Sydonai

But I do have one question though, can a mundane ever acquire 'the gift' at some point in the story like for example: the character's frequent close proximity to paranormal entities might have awaken his gift or perhaps the character reads from some forbidden magical tome that grants him/her powers in any one of the metaphysics?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Yes, actually. The general outline for that exists in the Mystery Codex. Basically, a mundane can, if there is a good plot reason, become "enlightened" by association with the supernatural. A mundane character can then buy the gift quality at double the point cost, and can use a metaphysics school reflecting their enlightenment. However, this is extremely unusual, and would take quite some time.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Thufir Hawat

Yay for the IC thread, time to update my bookmarks >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

undisclosedtoyou

Yayyyyy bookmark it Thufir, bookmark it real hard!  <--A little too excited about this game :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 12, 2011, 03:52:42 PM
Yayyyyy bookmark it Thufir, bookmark it real hard!  <--A little too excited about this game :D
I'll keep the real hard stuff for other times, but it's bookmarked ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 12, 2011, 03:52:42 PM

That's what she said.

Literally.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Hellion000

Still interested. Had a net glitch that kept me offline for a couple of days. Sheet will be refined and resent to you guys sometime tonight.

Edit:

Well, sue me. It happened this morning, not last night. My final version of the sheet was sent to PtPb. Assuming approval happens, I'll post it here and then make a (late) intro post over there... *points to the IC board*

Hope no one minds a scarred up half black ex con artifact thief?

Thufir Hawat

Seems like FBI emplys lots of thieves, but I certainly don't mind it ;).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

ShamshielDF

If they're employing the undead and undead slayers on the same team, why not send thieves after thieves?
Ons and offs!
A&A

Thufir Hawat

Agreed, and I get a "dirty dozen" vibe from it all ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

Hey, I'm not a thief, I'm a murderer. I have standards.

Thufir Hawat

Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

The most prolific thief of stepladders and stools in the country.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 15, 2011, 10:35:45 AM
The most prolific thief of stepladders and stools in the country.

Hey I resent that!  Archer only steals stepladders and stools when she needs to reach something that's up high!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Hellion000

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 15, 2011, 10:06:21 AM
Seems like FBI emplys lots of thieves, but I certainly don't mind it ;).

The basis for my character is, loosely, the USA show 'White Collar'.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Hellion000 on September 15, 2011, 04:00:56 PM
The basis for my character is, loosely, the USA show 'White Collar'.

Very nice.  I never really watched many episodes of it, wasn't really my thing, although I know tons of people who liked it.  And not to worry, I'm sure our characters will be worlds apart.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

I (finally)updated the first post in this thread, just added all the game links, so perspectives can actually look at what we have so far, lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's