What news sources do you use?

Started by Skynet, December 11, 2012, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

Quote from: Nergal on December 24, 2012, 03:33:12 AM
Completely new here, but I'll throw it out for what it's worth.

For international news (and interestingly, a lot of bits of US news that mainstream media won't cover - 3rd party Presidential Debates were hosted by RT, for instance), Russia Today really is good at providing stories and points of view that you really won't get otherwise.

Corporate media, at least in the US, by its own contract, has to prioritize profits over accuracy, so I'm very, very wary of any such thing on principle.

I don't really trust Russia Today, given that they treated crackpots such as Alex Jones and Lyndon LaRouche as credible sources.  Any news sources which do that pretty much put their journalistic integrity into question.

Sethala

Huh, I only see one person listing The Young Turks.  I listen to them a lot, mostly for entertainment though.  Haven't really found much other news worth listening to, but I might check out some of the other suggestions here.

mj2002

When they're on, I watch The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Real Time with Bill Maher. Otherwise, I like reddit's /r/worldnews. I used to hold Al Jazeera in high regard, but after reading this article I've become more skeptical.

Zeitgeist

I'll turn on MSNBC on once in awhile, just to see what the nuts are up to. I can stomach it for about five minutes but then I am forced to take a shower and brush my teeth.