Experienced Freeform RPer looking to Learn System RP

Started by AlexxAplin, October 16, 2011, 10:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexxAplin

Hi, I'm an experienced freeform RPer, and I've played D&D a few times but never really gone that far with it. People i played with were always somewhat flaky with their hours, and we hardly got through a quest much less a campaign.

I would like to play some sort of System game, any type will do, i just enjoy that style and if you'll have a rookie, someone you can show the ropes of things (teach me to make a character etc) then I'd be glad to join in. I'd prefer to do it over IM, maybe Skype or something where you can have a group together, but i definately want to try it.

With that having been said, here's a link to my preferences, characters and things i've created, as well as fandoms i RP for freeform style.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120816.0

And here is more about what i look for in an RP

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120884.0

I hope my inexperience doesn't turn anyone off, it can be as sexy, or tame as you'd like, i don't mind there being hetero sex in it but if i'm going to be with a character i'd prefer to be with a man.

Hope to hear from some of you soon :D
I am who I am, I was born this way no matter what anyone says. We have to take what we are given in life and run with it, otherwise we'll spend our life hiding from reality.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hey, it may be better to post this in the Non-Forum RP section, since you'd prefer to do it over IM or Skype."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Kristine

Hi there :-)
just wanted to ask, if you find anything helpful on your way of learning, maybe you could pm me or suggest something as well :-)

I would like to learn how to system-roleplay as well, though I don't even know where to start... It's absolutely unknown thing for me. So maybe we could even help each other too.

Balizar Draconis

Hello! I happen to be digging around the site and found this post. While I am fairly new to E I am very knowledgeable about system role play. I can teach you almost any systems (though I would avoid anything older than 3rd ed for D&D because THACO sucks). Either of you can send me a PM and we can set up a Q&A in the proper sections here or I can help you over skype or IM if you would rather! Any one else that is in need of help or just need something explained don't hesitate to PM me and ask. :D

Balizar
I am the darkness in the light, the day in the night, the pain in your pleasure, the heaven in your hell, the demon who wears the face of an angel and the saint who wears the face of the sinner.

Thufir Hawat

I have years of experience with different systems. If you want to learn how and why to use them, I can be contacted easily, PM me for Skype.

Or you could join a system game on the forums, I happen to be running one and playing in a couple others ;).
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

AlexxAplin

I posted this in the non forum section already, but i posted it here because i'd like to play with one or more people, so i figured that would fit both catagories.

I would join something on the forums but with my schedule as it is i'd much prefer Skype or a group IM.

As far as anyone else who would like to give me pointers and things, just go pop a PM in my box and we'll chat for a bit. :)
I am who I am, I was born this way no matter what anyone says. We have to take what we are given in life and run with it, otherwise we'll spend our life hiding from reality.

AndyZ

People looking to learn system games, eh?  Interesting.

Now, I'm already running a game, but I could see about teaching if people wanted.  I'm not sure how in-depth the story would be, though, since I'm already running another game.  Still, I could probably run something that I've done before and would be completely new to people.

The hard part would be that system games require books.  Although a few games out there are free, it would require people to acquire the rules systems in order to play.

However, I'm not sure if I have the time or focus to do a weekly game right now.  I could probably run something minor as a forum game, though, if people wanted a basic system game in order to help wean them into the process.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AlexxAplin

My schedule makes it harder for me to keep up with a forum game, so i'd prefer to do something on IM or skype (i've said it before but i figured i'd reiterate) I want someone to help me out making a solid character, and just play a few campaigns, i'd like someone who's patient with me and who'll explain the things i don't get. This time of year keeps me pretty busy, so all i want really is just someone who I can play with on IM, so i can have it open and take care of business at the same time.

AlexxAplin

Still looking for a system RP over Skype. It can be anything, as long as i know the rules beforehand. :D Gay sex orgies are permitted in it, as well as any other smutty goodness mixed with the adventure of it.