Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Vergil1989

I think it looked pretty good personally.  ;D  You got my vote of confidence, although as someone else said already, it's your character, do as you like.  I am glad you seem competent in your abilities however, just sayin'.  ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Mr L

While i can't say anything about the sheet as a whole, nor am i asking anything to be changed or removed, but how exactly did she get the tanooki suit?

Peach: a certain princess is rather curious on that...
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Dhi

I'd like her to have been involved in the Marioverse, but I don't know enough to say how. That's something I could use help with.

Blue Nova

Quote from: Dhi on May 12, 2016, 12:20:00 AM
I'd like her to have been involved in the Marioverse, but I don't know enough to say how. That's something I could use help with.

Mr. L would be the perfect person to assist with that one.  :P

Saric

Quote from: Mr L on May 12, 2016, 12:10:34 AM
While i can't say anything about the sheet as a whole, nor am i asking anything to be changed or removed, but how exactly did she get the tanooki suit?

Peach: a certain princess is rather curious on that...

Smash Bros contamination?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Mr L

While i don't mind the idea of something from Peach's world being used by another protag, I'd request either the tanooki suit change her active suit's color to match the full tanooki or call it a last if it's just the ears and tail, but that's entirely up to you :) this is just me being a Mario nerd for the last like...22 years? while thinking about this, i remember having Peach acknowledge her smash bros competitors, so having it be a momento from the smash events is not outside the realm of possibility. Again up to you. Just as a note either way, Peach had one as well from our Black Friday event, a full blown suit that is, and while i haven't done anything with it, it might get included in her next level up.

Laughing Hyena

Not bad. The Tanooki suit might very well be able to alter the zero suit/varia suit a bit more extremely due to "It's magic". But the list is, this is a solid sheet and one that would work very well. This gets my Official GM approval.

Dhi

If you're thinking about doing something with a tanooki leaf, I should leave that to you. Samus has so many in-universe things already that it would be selfish to also swipe one of Marioverse's cutest things. It sounds like the Marioverse storyline has been very dark also, I wasn't aware of that. I was picturing her hypothetical time there as diplomatic, but if she were involved it would change her character more than just adding cute animal ears. So, I'm going to drop that, then it sounds like she is ready to submit.

Vergil1989

Well, I'm very happy to have ya Dhi.  If you want somewhere to start, the Dojo or the Holodeck are pretty good for getting your feet wet.  Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what you're capable of lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Mr L

Quote from: Dhi on May 13, 2016, 12:34:00 AM
If you're thinking about doing something with a tanooki leaf, I should leave that to you. Samus has so many in-universe things already that it would be selfish to also swipe one of Marioverse's cutest things. It sounds like the Marioverse storyline has been very dark also, I wasn't aware of that. I was picturing her hypothetical time there as diplomatic, but if she were involved it would change her character more than just adding cute animal ears. So, I'm going to drop that, then it sounds like she is ready to submit.

Well that's the nice thing, is that Peach would've taken the stone form aspect of the Tanooki Suit, not so much the ears, tail, and flight thing, so there's no reason she couldn't have kept one from the last Smash Bros event. I mean, if you really want to drop it, that's perfectly fine, but just pointing out there are options :)

FarFetched

I had an idea for this RP. He's a fun guy. Great with children too, ask anyone. However, he's not from a videogame per-se, but he has been featured in videogames based on his world. Is that still legal?

Saric

Quote from: FarFetched on May 15, 2016, 04:03:55 AM
I had an idea for this RP. He's a fun guy. Great with children too, ask anyone. However, he's not from a videogame per-se, but he has been featured in videogames based on his world. Is that still legal?

He's been featured in video games therefor he is a video game character. However you'd have to make your character based off the version from the video game, not the anime. I believe current practice is that you can add other stuff one you start Leveling Up but I'd check with an actual GM first.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Mr L

Quote from: FarFetched on May 15, 2016, 04:03:55 AM

We did have a comic book character that appeared in one hand based on the comics rather than the game, so Kenpachi could be based on the anime as well, at least based on that, but yeah, I'd wait on a gm to say for sure.

Blue Nova

Presta and Hyena are in charge of Character approvals, but OMG... Kenpachi Zaraki~!

Vergil1989

Beatrix:  "A bloodthirsty berserker from beyond the grave?  You remind me too much of myself, just without the honor or steadfast loyalty.  While you appear no better than the beasts I've slain on Gaia, you seem to possess skill with that blade of yours.  Perhaps you'll prove useful for the cause, but make no mistake.  I will not allow you to threaten what we have accomplished thus far, or our fellow warriors among the GPAW."

Ellaria:  "I must agree with my better mannered counterpart, but so long as your blade remains pointed at the enemy, we shan't have a problem."

Lol sorry, I had to say something though.  I like the idea personally, and Kenpachi Zaraki is pretty badass.  ;D  He's also a homicidal maniac, but that's just part of his charm, oddly enough.  ;D  I vote yes, although I'm not a GM....damn lol.

FarFetched

Yey~ I hope he turns out to be A-OK by them. What I have written up for him so far is pretty damn fun. There is a lot you can do with a warrior whose favorite thing to do is handicap himself in battle to make the fight longer.

Vergil1989

Lol I remember quite well since I've seen more than my share of Bleach.  I haven't seen past the whole Arrancar/Espada stuff, or the final fight with Aizen, but I know more than enough to know what to expect from Kenpachi and his little pink haired friend.  I can never remember her name, mostly because it's so damn long.  But if you ARE approved to play as Kenpachi, I'd be pretty hyped up.

Also, in case you're curious, I play two lovely ladies from two awesome games.  Beatrix, the Rose of May, the Slayer of a Hundred Men, from Final Fantasy 9, which was recently released on Steam and given a major update, and Ellaria Lavellan from Dragon Age Inquisition, a Dalish rogue and assassin that was the Herald of Andraste, the Maker's chosen, and the leader of the Inquisition itself.  Lol sorry, I'll stop tooting my own horn, promise.  ;D

PrestaDGTation

Hahaha!  God bless the anime industry!

Yes, Zaraki Kenpachi is legal.  So was Jotaro Joestar!  If you want to get right down to it, so are Monkey D Luffy and Inspector Gadget.

The drawback is, as stated, you have to use your Video Game Abilties.  But yeah, whip up a character sheet and lets see what it looks like!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Vergil1989

Bleh, I can't stand One Piece.  Luffy was so....so annoying and loud without a reason.  I couldn't stand him from the first moments I saw him, so you won't hear me talk about the show save to make my less than stellar opinion about it known if asked, or when it's not lol.  The rest aren't bad though, although I hadn't seen Jotaro until I saw him pop up briefly in the game threads.  I'm not a huge fan of Naruto but I can watch it without complaint, but I'm more Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Fairy Tail, shows like that lol.  Sorry I'll shut up.  ;D  My point is, I'm eager to see what you have FarFetched, now that Presta's given you the green light.

Lustful Bride

I kind of feel we should stop having conversations in this thread. :/

PrestaDGTation

I can't help but love One Piece.  Yes, Luffy was annoying.  And yes, the art style.  And yes, many of the characters are so one dimensional, you'd think they were actually the mechanical pencil lead.  But the story has a strange depth to it if you stick with it.  Around the time it goes into Nico Robin's backstory, you learn that the Grand Line, the core of the story's setting, literally didn't exist until a little over 100 years ago.  But that entire century of history is blank, forcibly unwritten by the World Government.  Nico Robin's Island brushed against the truth, by translating these enormous stone tablets that are all over the world.  The Marines thanked them for that, with a whole fleet of battleships that literally sank the island.  Nico, the last survivor, was then branded as the Devil Child, an abomination to be hunted and killed on sight.  She was 8.

I still don't know what happened.  But these tablets keep showing up in Luffy's travels.  One of them was even marked by Gold Roger, the man who started the Great Age of Piracy by telling all these crooks about the One Piece as he was about to be hanged, which made everyone go crazy trying to get it.  I don't think it's treasure at all.  I think he found the truth, and then made a bullshit story about his Big Ass Treasure so everyone that hates the world government who chase after it.

I won't tell you to like One Piece.  It's pretty unforgiving, if you're trying to get into it!  But it's.. beautiful.

Now, Hetalia can go burn in a fire!  You can't save me on that one!  But I mention that just so you know I understand!

EDIT: ...Shit!  Lustful is right!  Ah well~!  Next time!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

FarFetched

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on May 15, 2016, 07:47:34 PM
  Hahaha!  God bless the anime industry!

Yes, Zaraki Kenpachi is legal.  So was Jotaro Joestar!  If you want to get right down to it, so are Monkey D Luffy and Inspector Gadget.

The drawback is, as stated, you have to use your Video Game Abilties.  But yeah, whip up a character sheet and lets see what it looks like!
Awesome. I'll be finishing him up shortly. I'll be keep his starting point at the strength he was at when first introduced- which is the strength he's at in most of the videogames he's featured in.

FarFetched

Zaraki Kenpachi

Current Occupation: Homeless Bum

Home World Information: Kenpachi hails from Soul Society, a half-way point between death and rebirth for a world of humans living opposite the veil of life. It's often described as a paradise strongly resembling feudal Japan, where aging is slowed and hunger is never a problem. However, this is not truly the case. Much of Soul Society is lawless, too far from the central government to be controlled.

The military arm of Soul Society is the Gotei 13. It's members are all Shinigami, reapers of death who preserve the balance of souls between the human world and Soul Society. These Shinigami are led by thirteen captains, of which Kenpachi was one.

Appearance/Style Description: Kenpachi Zaraki is a 6"7, scarred and chisled beast somehow shaped into the form of a man. He styles his hair into stiff points, and and almost always wears a special black eyepatch over his right eye. He dons the traditional shinigami uniform, along with a tattered, sleeveless Captains Haori. Those more in tune with their spiritual side may notice a potent, frightening aura of violence surrounding him.

Sexuality: Murder-Sexual

Personality: Kenpachi lives for the thrill of battle. Nothing excites him more, and a good fight can leave him childishly happy. When Kenpachi isn't in a fight, he's usually looking for one. Deploying him on the battlefield is often compared to releasing heavy ordinance; he damages the enemy indiscriminately and doesn't stop until he's taken out of action. However, if Kenpachi is unable to find a fight, he's quick to give up doing most anything and become a dissonant, bored layabout. Kenpachi used to be much more brutal and heartless, but Yachiru's influence made him less violent around others, especially weaklings he feels aren't worth fighting.

History: Kenpachi's surname came from the district he once resided in, Zaraki, which was District 80 of the North Alley of Rukongai. District 80 was the worst, most lawless region of Rukongai, full of thieves and murderers (whereas area #1 was the most orderly and law-abiding). While residing in District 80, Kenpachi was nameless. He grew up knowing nothing else but fighting, dominance, and murder.

Sometime later as a young man, Kenpachi came upon a young girl. After she showed no fear of his sword, Kenpachi adopted the girl and named her Yachiru. Yachiru came from District 79, Kusajishi, where her parents were murdered not too long before Kenpachi arrived. On that day, Zaraki took on a name; the title bestowed upon the strongest Shinigami in every generation. The one who has slain the most enemies and won the most battles. Kenpachi.

Zaraki eventually earned that title in full by killing the previous Kenpachi, 11th Division Captain Kenpachi Kiganjō, with a single strike in a duel before hundreds of Shinigami. As per the rules of the Gotei 13, this officially made him the Captain of the 11th divison.

Shortly after joining the Gotei 13, Kenpachi was forced by Captain Commander of the Shinigami to learn Kendō. He hadn't any formal swordsmanship training, having bypassed those normally necessary qualifications due to the way he attained his position. A short time after, the central government of Soul Society ordered the captain commander to stop the training, as they became concerned that if Zaraki realized his full potential and rebelled, he would become an unstoppable force.

Current Situation: Kenpachi's world was previously untouched by the rest of video-game world, but when conflict came to Soul Society, things changed. Yachiru, the only thing Kenpachi cared for more than fighting, went missing in battle with the Legion. Kenpachi abandoned his position in Seretei to find her, by any means necessary. His transdimensional search brought him to the Protagonist's metaphorical, floating doorstep, where he reluctantly cast his lot in against the Legion, in hopes he might find what became of Yachiru.

Weapons:
The Nameless Zanpakutō: Zanpakutō are the trademark weapons of the Shinigami. Each Shinigami carries a Zanpakutō, and each Zanpakutō is unique. The swords themselves are reflections of a Shinigami's power and soul, and sentient beings unto themselves. The Zanpakutō's name is the name of the living spirit which empowers the sword and lends its strength to the Shinigami who wields it. Kenpachi himself has never bothered to learn either of these things. He considers the hidden potential of Zanpakutōs as tools only weaklings would need to use. With time his opinion might change, however...

Kenpachi stole his Zanpakutō from a dead shinigami, and was able to imprint onto it while still an untrained child. The blade is much longer than a standard Zanpakutō's, roughly the size of a nodachi, with a long guard which extends inward from its center. The hilt is white, though most of it is wrapped in bandages, as is his sword's sheath. The blade is seemingly worn-down upon its edge with numerous chips, reflecting Kenpachi's disharmony with his own blade.

Stats

Strength - 4 (6 with traits)
Agility - 1
Stamina - 2  (3 with traits)
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:

The Reiatsu of a Monster: In the world Kenpachi hails from, there are those that give off a soul-shaking aura called a 'Reiatsu,' or a spiritual pressure. A person's Reiatsu reflects the overwhelming strength of an individual. Normal people cannot feel this, but Kenpachi's own Reiatsu is so thick that it can instill fear in anything nearby that's attuned to the spiritual world. Otherwise, Kenpachi's reiatsu is kept in check by his Eyepatch, which keeps his reiatsu within non-panic causing levels. This power functions Identically to the Super-Strength Generic trait, with the added drawback of warning spiritually attuned individuals of his presence when he is nearby.

The Reiryoku of a Monster: The amount of spiritual power contained within Kenpachi's body is so concentrated that many attacks can barely even scratch him. Only strong blows from worthy foes can pierce his skin. This skill functions identically to the Super-Stamina Generic trait.

Extra: Eyepatch Power Seal: While unneeded, Kenpachi wears an eyepatch created by the Shinigami Research and Development Institute just for him. In addition to reducing his depth perception and range of vision, it also seals some of his power. He wears this because he loves fighting so much that he cannot fight most opponents at full strength and enjoy it, because he would defeat them too quickly. With this, he is still able to be at least on par with most opponents while wearing it. When wearing this item, Kenpachi's strength is reduced by 1. This power limitation can be upgraded with time. (It's literally a debuff that factors into his 'Habitual Handicap' weakness)

Strengths:

Combat Mastery: Kenpachi was born into the most dangerous, lawless district in Soul Society and clambered his way to the top in a trail of blood. He is a veteran of countless battles in every terrain against countless foes. What he lacks in agility he makes up for in reaction time and sheer power. Even against foes significantly faster than he, Kenpachi is's able to meet the enemy's blade out of sheer instinct and retaliate with pure brutality. His abilities in battle are often likened to a wild monster.

Profound Battle Perception: Though he detests strategy, Kenpachi excels at finding and exploiting weaknesses in his enemy's technique in the midst of battle, usually by countering it with his brute strength.

Uncanny Resiliance: Even beyond the great endurance granted by his Reiryoku, the Kenpachi's tireless lust for battle allows him to continue fighting like a demon despite horrible, grievous injuries.

Weaknesses:

Fearless: Kenpachi never, ever backs down from a fight, even when he seriously should. God of war? F*cking Awesome, Bring it. The Grim Reaper? Shit, he used to have that job. God of all creation? Sounds like one hell of a fight! Arrogance is a common trait for seasoned warriors, but Kenpachi's reckless behavior borders on suicidal. For him, warfare is the most fun a guy could ever have, and the toll for playing that game is death. Kenpachi wholeheartedly embraces that payment.

Habitual Handicaps: Kenpachi's love for fighting borders on childishness. He often wields his sword with only one hand and makes frequent use his power-suppressing eyepatch just to make his battles last longer. In game, he will often risk being hurt by weaker enemies just so he can draw out a fun fight.

Battle Purist: Gadgets, mind powers, and other such abilities are something that Kenpachi considers cowardly. As a matter of pride, he would never use an item that does anything more than directly enhance his strength or stamina. To him, such toys are merely gimmicks used by weaklings.

Picky Killer: If an enemy Kenpachi fights is weaker than him and becomes incapacitated without dying, Kenpachi will usually spare them a death blow, regardless of how evil the opponent may be. He doesn't see any value in killing weaklings, and secretly hopes that they might one day become strong enough to give him the proper battle he craves.

Lazy Blockhead: Put simply, Kenpachi wasn't made for intelligence, logic, or tactics. If something doesn't involve fighting or basic survival, then it's usually of no concern to him. This includes things like getting a job, being polite, planning a method of attack, or anything similar. He is particularly ignorant in matters unrelated to bloodshed, and only respects those who are similar to him in power.

Vergil1989

You forgot one thing about this monstrous brute of epic murder lol.  He has bells tied into his hair, that an opponent can listen for if they're perceptive enough/running for their lives, which could be considered another handicap.  ;D  Just thought I'd point that out, but otherwise I already love what I'm seeing.  Good luck!