[NCHS] or [NCES] Sigil Prep / Dungeon Crusade

Started by kongming, November 28, 2009, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Yeah, Ghaele's have the [Awesome] subtype.

So you could either do it the Savage Species way (and we'll fudge it later on when SS starts penalising them hard. Early on they're okay with the Ghaele), or go:

Outsider [Ex, Chaotic, Good]
Medium
Tongues effect always on
+2 to either Str or Wis
Magic Circle Against Evil (can switch it on or off)

---

Ghaele Favoured Soul:
Level 3: Lose Weapon Focus, gain SLAs at will: Aid, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds
Level 5: Lose Energy Resistance, gain Gaze

---

Feats:

Eladrin Casting Power
I'm so magic, I shit wizards
Requirement: Eladrin
Benefit: add the following spells to one of your spell lists:
1: Colour Spray
3: Hold Monster
5: Wall of Force
7: Prismatic Spray

Glowing Sphere
You can turn into a ball of light. Other people can't.
Requirement: Eladrin
Benefit:  You can shift between humanoid and globe forms as a standard action. In humanoid form, you act normally. In globe form, you can fly (30' (Perfect)), use light rays, and use spell-like abilities, but cannot cast spells or use the gaze attack. The globe form is incorporeal, and you have no Strength score while in that form.

5 HD: you can fire laser beams in globe form, with a mandatory "pew pew" noise. They reach out to 200' away, and require ranged touch attacks to hit. You can fire as many as your BAB allows, as they are attack actions. The light rays deal 1d6+Cha in Light damage, ignoring all Damage Reduction as normal for an energy type.

10 HD: you may add your Charisma modifier as a Deflection bonus to your AC and Resistance bonus to saves in globe form, and the light rays deal 1d12+Cha in Light damage. You are also partially globelike when not in globe form, as you gain a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability in humanoid form.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

Edit: Actually, never mind. ><;

Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to drop out.  I'm in a few too many roleplays as it is, and my schedule just got much busier...

Chloe Milev

Cool.  I think I'll try out the Favored Soul.  They're pretty powerful in the long run, but end up with half HD and 3/4 caster level (which is still pretty good for not actually being a cleric).

So it's 36 point buy, level 6, 13000 gold.  Any traits or flaws from Unearthed Arcana?
Plus, I'm planning on taking that Cure Light Wounds at will ability, so I can heal us up after fights.  What's the power on that gaze?  Starting low like the Savage Species (5 ft, up to 1 HD), then moving up as I level?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

No traits or flaws, no.

The gaze is the full-power gaze, though with the usual disclaimer that it can't be used twice on the same person in the same day. Because you're already level 6, you'll mostly only be getting Save vs Fear out of it - there won't be too many fights against 5 HD critters.

SLNH: I understand. Stay sane!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

I thought KM said 32 point buy.  (Not that I'll complain if I'm wrong about that -- I could use some more Dexterity.)

And keep in mind half the party is evil before you start fear-gazing everything!

kongming

...thank you for catching that, Jefe. Yes, 32 point-buy. But otherwise correct - level 6, 13K

Ons/Offs:

Chloe Milev

So there's some spells that are only available as a domain spell (like Distilled Joy, from the Joy domain in the Book of Exalted Deeds).  Would I be able to pick any of those up, or could I do something like the alternate Sorcerer in Complete Champion, where I know one less spell at every level, but pick up one domain's power and spells?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Jefepato

For that matter, distilled joy doesn't have the [Good] tag and appears entirely permissive about how the subject attains their blissful state.

Does this mean you can distill the joy from someone who's blissed out on, say, substance abuse?  This is important.

kongming

You can do the alternate Sorc thing, yeah.

As for joy... bliss is easy: my painkillers can grant that. Hell, a really good cup of tea can. I think joy is supposed to be a spiritual thing though. So naturally I say "arseholes to that" and we'll make it just require bliss in any form. Which is more fitting for:
A. High school/uni
B. A sexual game

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

As much as I'd like to play, I can't really find the time or interest to create a new character.    Please count me out (sorry).

Jefepato

Damn the luck.  That leaves us with what, three people?  Do we need to go on a recruitment drive, or will three do?

Chloe Milev

Well, here's the teenage version of my Ghaele eladrin, Luchael

And I just discovered using the Elluiki to post Teen Luchael!
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

You take care too, Hunter.

Jefe: it can be run with three players, but a fourth would be ideal, yeah. Your character sheet looks fine, by the way.

Chloe: looks good!

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on December 02, 2009, 04:50:01 PM
Your character sheet looks fine, by the way.

WRONG!

I forgot to add my synergy bonuses from other skills to my Diplomacy total!  What an unworthy fool I am.

CirclMastr

If you need a fourth, I'd be interested.  Any rules about Artificers (like being banned) I should be aware of?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

kongming

Reading up on the Artificer would involve having to download an Eberon book, and Eberon never gave us anything I liked. And from what I've gathered, the Artificer is kind of lame as a base, but has the strength of "flip through all the books to find loopholes to drive trucks through", and I don't want something that has the choice between being crappy and being utterly broken.

So I'll have to say "no artificers". If you want to make stuff, just play a Wizard or whatever and take craft feats or something.

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

Darkforged Dove

Right. So, Kong mentioned this to me, so I'm thinking of a few ideas.

There seems to be a desire for a tank.

I'm thinking a cleric, with minions that can tank. Say, an armored Ettin skeleton?
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

Jefepato

Man.  Reading the Gaming Den stuff leaves me with a ton of things I want to try.  Too bad I'm already happy with the character I've got.

And having skeletons to throw in front of enemies is always nice (really, is our entire class evil except for the one celestial?), but aren't they practically redundant, tank-wise, when you're already a cleric?

Chloe Milev

So, uh...  is this thing still on?  *tap tap*
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

Sure is, just waiting for Dove to get back to us with a character sheet, Circl to say if he's still in (and get an idea finalised) and DM to complete a character sheet (and I'm still happy to help there if needed).

Ons/Offs:

CirclMastr

Speaking of character ideas, I was looking at the classes and saw the Defiler of Temples PrC.  Naturally my first thought ran to defiling nuns, vestal virgins, etc.  Any way I can do something like that?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

kongming

I have no problems with that. So, do you want to be a Defiler of Temples who happens to defile temple-dwellers, or do you want a modified PrCl that is specifically geared towards that sort of defiling?

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Hm.  If you want to make it defile temple-dwellers, KM, might I suggest:

- Change the Knowledge (dungeoneering) requirement to, I dunno, Bluff or Diplomacy or something
- Change "slain" to "had sex with" in the Special requirement
- Change find traps to suggestion, and make it bypass the immunity granted by protection from evil/good/whatever
- Change desecrate to chastity undone, which is like morality undone except it instead subverts the subject's sexual hangups, aversions to partners of other alignments, and any sacred vows that would stop them from doing the deed.  I'm pretty sure morality undone isn't subject to protection from evil because it's not a charm or compulsion.  This works in tandem with the suggestion by changing what suggestions are against the subject's nature.

Also, the SLAs probably shouldn't be at will, or at least the subject should be immune to the same effect for 24 hours if they save.  (Maybe divine casters of diametrically opposed alignments/gods/philosophies should take a penalty to the save?  I'm not sure if that breaks anything.)

kongming

Indeed, they seem like reasonable changes.

Also, I may need to go prod some people to see if they still exist.

Ons/Offs: