[Pathfinder] Mummy's Mask: The Half-Dead City (interest / recruitment)

Started by Chulanowa, July 20, 2018, 02:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Yeah, even as someone who doesn't worry about Char-op too much, the spiritualist archetype is... bad.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 22, 2018, 09:00:18 PM
I'm happy you enjoyed it. :)

You got a compliment!
Lucky :P

WELL, we know Chan is getting in fo sho. Congrats! :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Stewart Uptun
Male ifrit inquisitor (immolator) of Moloch 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 38, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 128, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 2 160)
LN Medium outsider (native)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2
Resist fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee cat-o'-nine-tails -1 (1d4+3 nonlethal) or
. . dagger +3 (1d4+3/19-20) or
. . heavy flail -1 (1d10+4/19-20) or
. . heavy mace -7 (1d8+1) or
. . warhammer -1 (1d8+3/×3)
Ranged dragon pistol -4 (1d6/×4)
Special Attacks judgment 1/day
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . 1/day—burning hands (DC 13)
Inquisitor (Immolator) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +1)
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, disrupt undead, light, read magic
. . Domain Black powder inquisition[UC]
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Alertness, Gunsmithing[UC]
Traits armor expert, rich parents, undead crusader
Skills Acrobatics +2 (-2 to jump), Climb +7, Disable Device +5, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (history) +2, Knowledge (local) +2, Knowledge (religion) +6, Perception +6, Sense Motive +3
Languages Common, Elven, Ignan
SQ disruptive shot, judgment of immolation, monster lore, stern gaze +1
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds (6), caltrops, oil (5); Other Gear agile breastplate[APG], black powder[UC] (30), cat-o'-nine-tails, dagger (10), dragon pistol[UC], dragon's breath cartridge[UC] (3), heavy flail, heavy mace, warhammer, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, candle (2), chalk (10), chalk, flint and steel, grappling hook, hammer, hemp rope (50 ft.), hemp rope (50 ft.), hooded lantern, masterwork backpack[APG], masterwork thieves' tools, mess kit[UE], mirror, piton (10), piton (4), pot, powder horn[UC], powder horn[UC], sack (2), soap, tindertwig (4), torch (10), torch (2), trail rations (5), waterskin, 139 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Disruptive Shot (DC 10) When you hit an arcane spellcaster or a creature that uses spell-like abilities with a firearm attack, that creature must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw. If the spellcaster fails, he takes a -4 penalty on concentration checks for 1 round.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Inquisitor (Immolator) Domain (Black Powder Inquisition) Deities: Any (with GM approval).

Granted Powers: You gain Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms) and Gunsmithing as bonus feats. When you hit an arcane spellcaster or a creature that uses spell-like abilities with a firearm attack,
Judgment (1/day) (Su) Variable bonuses increase as the combat continues.
Judgment of Immolation -5 (Su) Reduce target's fire resistance by listed amount.
Monster Lore +0 (Ex) +0 to Knowledge checks when identifying the weaknessess of creatures.
Stern Gaze +1 (Ex) +1 to Sense Motive and Intimidate.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Backstory

The hot dry wind caressed his skin, as he smiled as the suns rays kissed his exposed skin. the smells of the market washed to him as he stepped off the ship, how many years had he been gone from his homeland. His calling drawing him to Obsalam, then Cheliax by way of the Pathfinder lodge halls.
The mission he ran for that organization no better then some mercenary groups he had met on his personal quest. The foul creatures he hunted an abomination to the world, the gods gave one life to prove your worthiness nothing more and to be so weak of spirit to be drawn from the enternal slumber or worse yet to actively pursue to usurp the gods plans was not to be allowed.
Stewart shook his head as he allowed the thoughts to clear from his mind, he had to stay focused, ever since the letter from his father arrived describing what the watti proposed to do. he knew his city would need his skills. For to enter the tombs meant to disturb the magics his blood had laid upon them, a simple request uttered to his great ancestor, and it was done it now fell to him to make that mistake rest like it should.
He changed his name and it was many years since he was upon his home soil none living should recognize him as his fathers son, because as his fathers letter detailed he was supposed to have taken the distant post of vizar to a prince on one of the island nations, so as not to bring dishonor to his lineage by this impossible pursuit.
Slipping his double pack over his shoulder Marthos moved into the city, knowing the streets like a second sight as he watched the hawkers pick pocket and con the new comers, as he moved away from the crowd and took the dock mens exit knowing the organization would keep such activity to a minimum so as to keep the guilds clear.
He had two stops before moving to the princes reception, first a bath then to visit his mothers burial place, he was unable to come home for her burial but he knew he would face it, as he knew his father would not welcome him at the family home.
As he walked the street he instinctively gripped the handle of his mace, as the bandolier of daggers shifted with the strap of his backpack as he moved to the hostels. He could not wonder if memories ran that long, but his father stated he smoothed his debts over and the hand was expunged before he left, he knew this that undead cult was long gone it was the miles a good bath and fresh clothing would do him good. So he moved onwards into the rising sun just like his fortune...

Vergil Tanner

Monster Slayer? I've never heard of that class before. :O Where can I find the details?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Chanticleer

My current O/os (need work)

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Chanticleer

Hunter

I got distracted today, I'll have my character done later tonight.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Ingexthefuryhunter1 on July 22, 2018, 10:59:31 PM
Freeport pathfinder adventures world book

I got that, haha. I was just wondering where I could find details on it, since it isn't on D20pfsrd, Archives of Nethys or any of the other sites I usually use for PF Referencing. xD

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 22, 2018, 11:00:55 PM
That's from Green Ronin publishing?

I believe so, yeah. That's 3rd Party, right?

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ingexthefuryhunter1 on July 22, 2018, 10:59:31 PM
Freeport pathfinder adventures world book

Unfortunately, that's not from Paizo, so it's not an option. There's plenty of variations on the "monster-slaying" theme from the source material though. From the look of the abilities, it seems to basically be an Inquisitor.

Thorne

That is a /really/ good gnoll picture! Who drew it/where'd you get it?!

And thus, I cannot blame Chul at all for being distracted. I also missed whether we were supposed to provide actual sheets at this point in time, and thus did not do that. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Chanticleer

Quote from: Ingexthefuryhunter1 on July 22, 2018, 11:32:38 PM
Piazo published it
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9b02

But that is fine i will change classes

I'm afraid not, it's third party. Look at the link you posted closely:

Green Ronin Publishing / Roleplaying Games / Pathfinder RPG
Freeport: The City of Adventure (PFRPG)
Green Ronin Publishing
***** (based on 1 rating)

Also:

Quote from: Thorne on July 22, 2018, 11:28:02 PM
That is a /really/ good gnoll picture! Who drew it/where'd you get it?!

And thus, I cannot blame Chul at all for being distracted. I also missed whether we were supposed to provide actual sheets at this point in time, and thus did not do that. ^^;

Isn't she awesome? I loved the Mursi-style 'boar tusk' headdress.

It's a character by Darbaras. There is at least one other illustration of her on his Deviantart website.

Bibliophilia

-squees happily over the gnoll.-  Love that image and the whole concept!

Thorne

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 23, 2018, 12:20:09 AM
-squees happily over the gnoll.-  Love that image and the whole concept!

Yaaaaaas…

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 22, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

It's a character by Darbaras. There is at least one other illustration of her on his Deviantart website.

Eee! *adds to watch list*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Well sorry i misunderstood how that is handled as a 5 start pathfinder gm I have always been told that any product that was sold on piazo was piazo even if it came from associated publishers.

But as I said ill change class no big deal, its not like the concept was level 15 so all good.

Quote from: Chanticleer on July 22, 2018, 11:56:36 PM
I'm afraid not, it's third party. Look at the link you posted closely:

Also:

Hunter

I'm having my usual issue with character building....not enough skill points to go around.    Background is going to be a bit on the thin side at first, I'll need to review the official material before fleshing it out.   Also, I wasn't quite sure how much starting money I had to work with.

Hunter

Name Nebra Semerkhet
Female Samsaran Angelfire Apostle 1 (Deity: Pharasma)
True Neutral, Medium (samsaran subtype)
Init +2; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +9

Defense

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed  11(+2 dex,  0Natural)
hp  11(HD)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +6
Defensive Abilities

Offense

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Dagger -1 to hit, 1d4-1 damage
Ranged Sling +2 to hit, 1d4-1 damage
Special attacks
Spells (CL 13+SL; concentration )
Domains: Healing, Death
Zero-Level: Spark, Detect Magic
First Level: Endure Elements.   Cure Light Wounds (D)

Statistics

Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB ; CMD
Feats Toughness, Extra Channel
Skills Appraise +6, Knowledge(history) +7, Perception +9, Perform(Oratory) +7, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +9
Languages Common, Samsaran, Ancient Osiriani, Celestial
SQ
Traits Talented (Perform: Oratory), Birthmark (left shoulder).    Blood of the Pharaohs.
Combat gear Silken ceremonial (+1 AC), Dagger, Sling
Other gear Deluxe Dungeoneering Kit

Special Abilities
Channel Energy (positive 1d6), 8/day DC 13+1/2 cleric level
Rebuke Death: You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it for 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Bleeding Touch: As a melee touch attack, you can cause a living creature to take 1d6 points of damage per round. This effect persists for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1) or until stopped with a DC 15 Heal check or any spell or effect that heals damage. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Lifebound: Samsarans gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws made to resist death effects, saving throws against negative energy effects, Fortitude saves made to remove negative levels, and Constitution checks made to stabilize if reduced to negative hit points.
Samsaran Magic: Samsarans with a Charisma score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, deathwatch, and stabilize. The caster level for these effects is equal to the samsaran's level.
Shards of the Past: A samsaran's past lives grant her bonuses on two particular skills. A samsaran chooses two skills—she gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and they are treated as class skills regardless of what class she actually takes.   Selected: Perception, Use Magic Device.

Background

While many may claim to be descended from an ancient pharaoh, none other can claim to have been one...and have the proof required.   Nebra is the reincarnation of one of the very first of the pharaohs, returned to the land of the living in order to restore her nation to greatness.   She can weave stories of times long ago with complete accuracy, often because she was there.
Nedra's birth was considered to be a sign, as the rest of her family is human.  She's the only member of her family, which is quite extended, to become a priestess in the Grand Mausoleum.   She has several brothers and sisters, as well as numerous cousins, in addition to as many aunts and uncles directly related by blood.   As she's often consulted in regard to ancient lore and history, it was a natural choice for her to take up the task of exploring the tombs.     Perhaps that would be her route to greatness a second time.

Chanticleer

An addendum regarding Zimora:

She's intended to mostly be a support character. Right now she's no great shakes in combat or much of anything else, but if she survives to level 3 she'll simultaneously get Effortless Aid (Aid Another as a Move Action) and Infusion, which will allow others to use her elixirs/spells.

At that point she becomes a kind of weird 'Aid Another buffer,' because she's able to pull off two Aid Anothers per round if she does nothing else.

I'm sure it's suboptimal but I thought it'd be a really neat kind of different character concept to play.

Bibliophilia

Interesting totally beats out optimal in my book, Chant.  Especially in a setting like E, where there's more downtime for character interaction.  You need a good personality and strong characterization to support the stats.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I agree completely. My favourite thing is taking silly concepts and trying to make them work somehow :P My personal favourite is where I thought "Can I make Gambit?" Turns out, there's an Archetype for that xD

I just love trying to make silly ideas work. I still have to think of a way to make a guy that fights only with cutlery :P

Autocad

Rala Kloth (link)
Ranger 1
Neutral Medium Human

Background

The Kloths were a small merchant family of Andoran. Once they had been rich, owning great trading fleets, but the grandson of the dynasty founder had made shady investments involving illegal excavations of Osiriani tombs, and while overseeing one such expedition in person had ordered a sarcophagus opened that should have remained undisturbed. He escaped the ensuing mummy's rampage with his life (something that could not be said of many of the hired laborers) but couldn't avoid the curse that the vengeful undead declared upon him as he fled to the bright sands of the surface. Ever since then the curse of the Kloths had been passed down from generation to generation, bringing untimely ends to promising lives and making business ventures go wrong. Slowly but steadily the family fortune was chipped away, until by the time Rala was born the Kloths were little more than a small family business.

Rala Kloth was born the only daughter of Hardric Kloth. Her mother passed away from a mysterious illness that doctors could not treat and clerics could not heal shortly after Rala's birth, the latest victim of the family curse. The loss of his beloved wife struck Hardric hard, and he resolved to find a way to break the curse once and for all. Rala's childhood memories of her father were mostly of him poring over the books in his office struggling to make ends meet, or being absent for months on end. But in between were a few shining moments, the more precious for their rarity, when her father would take her exploring the forest behind the ancestral mansion, and she learned to climb and track and sneak in the wild.

As Rala grew up Hardric was away from home more and more often, increasingly obsessed with finding the secret to breaking the curse. Finally one time Hardric never returned from an expedition, and the missing merchant was presumed dead. Rala was still a few years short of majority but she was determined to search for her father as soon as she was able. For the next few years she studied everything she could about Osirion, hired scholars to tutor her in the language of Ancient Osiriani, and hired mercenaries to train in the martial arts. When she finally came of age, her father's lawyer presented a package that her father her left behind for her for this exact moment. In it were his research notes, and most importantly, his last known destination - Wati. Leaving the dusty, rumored-to-be-cursed ancestral mansion behind, Rala purchased passage to Osirion and set out to find her father and break the Kloth curse.

Callie Del Noire

Too many characters .. my idea of a refugee pathfinder isn’t as awesome, so I’ll stick the idea in my ‘to do folder’ an bow out

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Bibliophilia

Yeun Lush
Male Android Wizard Level 1
True Neutral Medium

Personality:  Yeun enjoys learning above all else, and that has gotten him into trouble on more than one occasion.  His lack of perceptible empathy and difficulty with emotions, coupled with an insatiable curiosity, means that he often does things that upset those around him inadvertently.  While he is willing to abort an action if requested, that doesn't help Mr. Nibbles the neighbor kid's pet bunny after its been dissected, or unruffle the feathers of the local holy men after he's read all their religious texts and informs all of them that they are 'practicing their holy worship incorrectly.'  This struggle with relating to others has made him nomadic and cautious about the degree to which he will engage socially with normal people.  He typically spends his time in a new town first checking the local booksellers and curio or magic shops, then reading in the cheapest tavern through the night.  He is convinced that he can absorb social skills and emotional intelligence the same way he can absorb knowledge, though humans are far more difficult to 'read' than tomes and scrolls.

History:  Yeun is a new soul born in the body of an android who was the long-time partner of a gruff dwarven potter in Quantium, but whom had shut down due to old age and left the distraught dwarf in possession of his body.  Loc Opalspur, the dwarf, apologized to Yeun for the necessity of giving him as much gold as he could spare and hurrying him out into the world, but he could not handle speaking to his lost love's corpse.  Yeun didn't understand, but he accepted the situation, and spent his first night walking across the city to find a place to stay a suitable distance from Loc.

The first year of Yeun's life was strange and wonderful.  He was born into a city of magic and infinite knowledge, and while he had a difficult time finding his way, he reveled in the chance to learn.  He moved often, his oddness a detriment even in the city that championed inclusion and open-mindedness.  After all, it was one thing to walk around with pointed ears or tusks, and quite another to suggest that a frazzled mother struggling to handle her four children in the market give one or two away.  And be entirely serious and utterly confused by her shocked and horrified reaction.

Eventually the city, even as wondrous as it was, grew too small for him.  Or, rather, he ran out of neighborhoods in which he could reside where he hadn't upset or offended anyone.  So, he set out into the world with the plan to learn and explore, there were many other places out there, after all and many with knowledge one couldn't get in Quantium.  First he roamed Nex, and finally he moved on from there to visit Katapesh and Osirion.  This last drew him especially, as it offered up ancient knowledge found nowhere else, secrets that he could be the first to uncover.

Still working on his sheet, but figured I'd offer up another alternative, since there's a lack of arcane casters and wizards are naturally drawn to old-ass dusty tombs.