A Galaxy Free of Reapers - Mass Effect Interest Check

Started by Miyr, December 17, 2012, 08:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

Sorry everyone, I went on holiday since my last post and was met with an amazing lack of internet and cell service. I am now going to read through the posts and answer questions/comments as best as I can (considering I've missed a lot of dialogue).

Just wanted to get a post out here that I am reading so people are aware I'm back.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Miyr

I know that quite a few people expressed interest in my plot ideas. I also noticed some interest in multiple plots. I'm going to pitch this out there that we could possibly do two different threads that have different plots. Just an option I wanted to get out there.

Now to answer questions:

TheRedFear and DigitLNinja: I did not specify which ending in my plot ideas because I was going to wait until I had a group of people assembled. I wanted to have a poll for which ending we wanted to pursue if we didn't create our own variation (say Destruction but the Geth and EDI remain or are salvageable which makes the Quarians survive).

Humbugearthquake: I think an intergalactic war could be interesting, but I don't know if that would necessarily happen considering Shepard got everyone to unite. Granted, the Batarians wouldn't want to align with the new alliance between races, but they are so wiped out I don't see them being a large threat. So it's something I think that could be pursued, but I wouldn't focus on it with this probably.

However....With the "Omega" plot line we could definitely play out a more "chaotic" galactic scene because we have all the merc groups fighting and Aria trying to keep them under control.

DigitLNinja: I don't know about the Shadow Broker and Aria working together as closely as you suggest, but the ideas you came up could be elaborated on further if we were to create an Omega themed game.

Comments:

When it comes to playable races, I am open to anything within reason. I would like to see a good mesh of races in the game.

The idea that there are "Reaper Cultists" is very fascinating in my mind. I know that the Reapers are destroyed in the "Destroy" ending, but who's to say that their minions were? If we alter the "Destruction" ending to where alternative versions of technology were not effected, this could work. And to be frank, the signal that destroys the Reapers could have been altered/fine tuned to only impact them. They have their own communication system through their "hive mind mentality", so it could have been introduced to them through that.

If I missed anything, I apologize. Just bring it up again and I'll address it.

-Miyr

Cold Heritage

In my game, it was possible to get the Batarian fleet remnants to join as a war asset, some of them fight alongside the N7 teams in the multiplayer, and I think EDI mentions that the Batarian refugees, without the oversight of the Hegemony proper, were not as xenophobic as might otherwise be expected. The Batarian slavers, pirates, and other criminals would probably stay criminals, but I think if we wanted to we could have the post-Battle for Earth Batarian government be on side with the anti-Reaper Alliance, even if it's only to get some help rebuilding.

I think that a Destroy ending with 'destroys Reapers only' is probably the most conducive to having a lot of interesting possibilities open to us.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Miyr

Because I know a lot of discussion may start on plot, I created an OOC thread so we don't spam up the interest thread. OOC Thread

Cold Heritage: I had the same thing happen in my game. I even blackmailed/pistol whipped one into fighting for me. I can see Batarians swinging either way depending on how we build it up.

-Miyr

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*