Midnight Championship Wrestling (Wrestlers Wanted!)

Started by Crash, November 09, 2015, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Premise

Malcom Cane has reached an agreement with Elliquiy Entertainment Network to air his new wrestling federation, Midnight Championship Wrestling. MCW is branded as raw, violent and sexy, able to push boundaries that other basic cable wrestling programs cannot.  Malcom Cane has been combing the smaller wrestling federations looking for new talent to build his Midnight Wrestling brand. Midnight Championship Wrestling has promised a block buster opening night like nothing wrestling fans have ever seen. 

MCW Wrestling follows its wrestlers inside the ring and out.  There are cameras everywhere (including the showers) so as soon as the wrestlers are in the studio or at the arena they are on camera.  Cane Enterprises pays there wrestlers very well for this.  Along with the usual wrestling stipulations and matches, MCW specializes in erotica too.  Bondage themed matches, matches with sex toys in play, full on backstage gang bangs, they are all possible and encouraged be management.  Malcom Cane keeps match booking varied and leaves a lot of the titillating match stipulations for the pay-per-views.

(OOC: If you do not wish your character to be booked in these matches that is fine, let me know.)

There are two shows during the week  MCW Unleashed and MCW Nightmare.  MCW Unleashed is the flag ship show.  It has more of your typical wrestling fair ranging from PG to softcore content depending on what is going on backstage or how good ratings have been in the preceding weeks.  The Unleashed set is bright with reds and golds dominating.  Pyrotechnics are in abundance and the entire production screams uptempo and furious energy.  MCW Nightmare is more hardcore in both its wrestling and erotic content.  Purple, blue and silver are the dominant colors and the lighting focused more on the ring, giving it a dark and ominous feel.  Pyrotechnics are more muted and thematic.  Grim determination and survival are the themes Nightmare employs.

Shows

MCW Unleashed
MCW Nightmare

The Game and the Rules

I will be using the World Wide Wrestling RPG rules system which is based off of the Apocalypse Engine.  It is a very rules light system and should not get in the way of the narrative which is the most important part.  I have included a link to the free beta rules at the end of this post.  Creating a wrestler is simple, just pick a template and fill it in, making any necessary choices. 

There should only be one person per template to start with.  You will be able to add wrestlers later or choose new gimmick templates for your wrestler as they evolve and grow.

Match Booking will be Creative's responsibility.  You will not know the outcome of your match to start only I will.  I will be fair and listen to the players input into their feud.  Certain gimmicks also have the ability to serve my booking and change it.  Be prepared as a player to win and lose and to be screwed out of a win or have a run-in happen in your match.  These surprises should be fun, so be away that they will happen.

Matches start out with one player in control (notice I said player and not wrestler).  This player is the one that posts.  The player should post all aspects of the match in their post.  Yes this is god-moding, but necessary to keep the flow.  Remember to make your opponent look as good as you make your wrestler.  If you do not I reserve the right to have you loose the match and possibly kicked from the game if players grief (anything sexual will have to be approved by the player of the character having the act preformed on them).  At the end of your post you will make a roll based on the move you are trying to pull off (a list of moves will be provided with their required roll).  You can have your wrestler make many wrestling moves in your post, but only one roll will be made at the end of your post. 

This roll will often allow you to maintain in control of the match, which means you will make another post.  It often gives you the opportunity to pass control onto your opponent in which case they will post.  Often you will get a bonus for doing either, so don't be afraid to pass control and let the other player write.

Things that are important to your character

Move Rolls:  Move rolls are 2d6 + Stat.  The stat is listed with each move in your template.

Basic Moves
Role Moves
Top of the Card Moves
In-Ring Moves
Tag Team
Match Stipulation

Momentum:  Momentum can be used on a one for one basis to give you a bonus to any roll you make.  It resets after every show.

Heat:  A score representing how engaging a wrestler's relationship with another character is to the audience. Ranges from 0 to +4. Whenever you work a match with a character you have +4 Heat with, gain +1 Audience.  You lose one heat with each wrestler that you do not interact with during a show.

Audience: The rating of how popular a wrestling character is. Both player's wrestlers and NPWs have an Audience score, rated from 0 to +4.  If your Audience is 0 at the end of the show you are fired.  If you Audience is +4 you gain an Advance and the OVER move.  All other wrestlers at +4 Audience drop to +3 Audience.

Advance: Gain an Advance when...

Your Audience hits +4 or 0 the first time in an Episode, you gain a Championship Belt or you end a feud satisfactorily.

Spend An Advance To:
Choose to erase an Injury check when you spend an Advance.
» Add +1 to any stat (max +3)
» Add +1 Audience
» Pick another Move (from this Gimmick or any other)
» Create a custom Move for your character
» Gain a Manager, a Valet or an Enforcer (NPC)
» Form a Dedicated Tag Team

And Once You’ve Picked 3 of Those:
» Create a new wrestler to play (instead of, or with, this one).
» Retire this character and pick an NPW to play for the next episode. Then return this character, with a new Gimmick (cannot pick Veteran). You cannot take an Advanced Role. Erase all Injury checks.
» Legit retire this character. Create a new one, or play an NPW.

Game Threads

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

NPC Roster

Upper Card (3-4 Audience)

Mace Hunley
Heather Magnus
Johnny Smooth
Kid Kruze
Jack Diamond
"The Highland Park Strangler"
"Hardcore Angel"
Suicide Blondes
Suicide Blondes
Heel
Baby Face
Baby Face
Baby Face
Icon
MCW Champion
Late Night Hardcore Champion
Tag Team Champion
Tag Team Champion

Mid Card (2 Audience)

Maria Muertos
The Risen
Diamondback
Shay Creed
Heel
Heel
Face
Face

Low Card (1 Audience)

Piper Strong
Betty Kruze
Chris Kash
Mike Money
Creature
Heel
Babyface
Heel
Heel
Babyfacel

Dedicated Tag Teams
Suicide Blondes w/Betty Kruze (Johnny Smooth & Kid Kruze) - Tag Team Champions
Dioses de los Muertos (Maria Muertos & The Risen)
Kash Money, Inc. (Chris Kash & Mike Money)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Gimmicks

The Athlete

You are blessed with natural physical gifts, but you still have a lot to learn about how the business works. The audience finds it easy to connect with you, but other wrestlers don’t appreciate how you make it look so...easy.

Name:
Gimmick: The Athlete
Role: <Heel or Babyface>

BABYFACE: When you stand up for something you believe in, spend 2 Momentum and pick 1 of the following:
⚪ gain +1 Heat with your opponent
⚪ leave your opponent speechless
⚪ make Creative book you in a match
⚪ add a stipulation to a match

HEEL: When you do something underhanded to get what you want, spend 2 Momentum and pick 1 of the following:
⚪ win a match (this overrides Creative’s booking)
⚪ leave someone helplessly lying on the floor
⚪ get out of a match you’ve been booked in

Advanced Role: None
Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Athlete starts and resets to Audience +1.

+4 Mark an Advance. At the beginning of the Episode, make the OVER Move.
+3 Start the Episode with +2 Momentum.
+2 Start the Episode with +1 Momentum.
+1 Start the Episode with +1 Momentum.
0 Mark an Advance. At the end of the Episode, you’re fired.

TOP SPOT: When you hit +4 Audience, everyone else at +4 drops to +3. Mark an Advance the first time you hit +4 or 0 in an Episode.

Stats:
Look: -1
Power: +1
Real: +1
Work: -2

Then add 1 to any stat and subtract
1 from any stat (minimum -2)

Heat:

Questions
Ask 1 question per other player (max 4 questions total). When answered, gain +1 Heat with their wrestler.

Who have I approached about improving my ring work?

Who was a fan of mine before I started wrestling?

Who refuses to acknowledge that I have a place on this roster?

Who appreciates the athleticism that I bring to the ring?

Whenever you work a match with a character you have +4 Heat with, gain +1 Audience.
When you finish a feud, reset Heat to +1.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Feat of Strength (Power):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

FINISHING MOVE: <Describe finishing move>
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, you need their help. They choose: they make it obvious you need them, gain +1 Heat with each other; they carry you through it, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win off an obvious botch, pick 1: lose -1 Audience or injure your opponent.

Pick 2 of the following:

HAS THE LOOK: Gain an additional +1 Momentum when you work The audience, even if you botch.

FAN BASE: Describe the fans who have followed your career into wrestling. Whenever you hit a roll on a 10+, they break into your chant and you gain an additional +1 Momentum.

STUDENT OF THE GAME: Whenever you lose a match to someone with a higher +work than you, you can choose to lose all your Heat with them. If you do, take +1 work.

“NATURALLY GIFTED”: Take +1 Power or +1 real (max +3).

PREVIOUS  ACCOLADES:  When you leverage the accomplishments in your career before you joined this company,  roll +real . On a 10+ you get to set up any segment you want or book yourself in a match; on a 7-9 you can ask for any segment or match you want, and if it’s not granted you gain +1 Heat with an authority figure. On a botch, it’s completely irrelevant to the powers that be.

The Anti-Hero

You are blessed with natural physical gifts, but you still have a lot to learn about how the business works. The audience finds it easy to connect with you, but other wrestlers don’t appreciate how you make it look so...easy.

Name:
Gimmick: The Anti-Hero

BABYFACE: When you stand up for something you believe in, spend 2 Momentum and pick 1 of the following:

HEEL: When you do something underhanded to get what you want, spend 2 Momentum and pick 1 of the following:

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Anti-Hero starts and resets to Audience +1.

TOP SPOT: When you hit +4 Audience, everyone else at +4 drops to +3. Mark an Advance the first time you hit +4 or 0 in an Episode.

Stats:
Look: 0
Power: -2
Work: -1

Then add 1 to any stat.

Heat:

Questions
Ask 1 question per other player (max 4 questions total). When answered, gain +1 Heat with their wrestler.

Who did I have to kick the shit out of to show how badass I am?

With whom do I have a reluctant alliance?

Who do I think is a slave to management?

Who wishes they were as cool as me?

Whenever you work a match with a character you have +4 Heat with, gain +1 Audience.

Injury: 3 Injury Boxes
When you get injured, check an Injury box, and note who did it. While injured, you can interfere in any of their matches without Creative’s approval or consent, and they gain +1 Momentum when you do so.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you gain +1 Audience, or whether your opponent does. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Chose: you win clean, and you both gain +1 Momentum, or win via countout, disqualification or interference, and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch, choose: you lose -1 Audience (but get the win) or you’re screwed out of victory by an authority figure.

Pick 2 of the following:

RULES? WHAT RULES?: When you break the rules in a match, roll +look . On a 10+, you get away with it, book the finish of the match on the fly. On a 7-9, pick 1: you get away with it and gain +1 Momentum, or you don’t and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch you
get DQed and lose the match (the results of this Move overrides Creative’s booking).

ANYTHING YOU NEED TO DO TO WIN: You can use both the Babyface and Heel Role Moves.

MOUTH OF THE PEOPLE: When you speak truth to power, roll +Audience . On a 10+, gain +1 Momentum and pick 2; on a 7-9, pick 1: They shut the hell up right now; you get booked in a match with them; you gain +1 Heat with them. On a botch, you get beat down by their cronies.

TWITCH THE CURTAIN: When you air your legit grievances, on camera, you can roll  +real  for any Moves you make outside of the ring for the rest of the Episode. At the end of the Episode, if you haven’t gained any Audience, you lose 1 Audience.

The Clown

You are the quintessential entertainer. You bring comedy to the ring and grease the wheels backstage. You may
not have many championships, but you move a lot of merch. Is that enough for you?

Name:
Gimmick: The Clown

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Clown starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:
Look: +1

Then add 1 to any stat.

Heat:

Questions

Who’s asking me for tips to add something fresh to their act?

Who was my tag team partner before I found my true niche?

Who thinks my in-ring talent is being wasted in this role?

Who thinks I’m a waste of a roster slot?

While injured, if you roll on anything but +look when you’re in the ring, choose whether you tick another injury box, or the ref calls an audible and ends the match in a no contest.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they obviously stall for you to hit it. Choose: they’re making you look bad, gain +1 Heat with them; ham it up along with them, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it’s so nonsensical that you lose -1 Audience; or your opponent refuses to sell it, lose -1 Heat with each other (if you have any to lose).

Pick 2 of the following:

SURPRISINGLY TALENTED: When you roll +work for the Wrestling Move and hit it with a 10+, gain +1 Heat with your opponent.

COMIC RELIEF: When you insert yourself into a tense situation, on or off-camera, roll +real . On a 10+ it’s perfectly timed, pick 2; on a 7-9, pick 1: take +2 Momentum, add or remove a stipulation to a match, gain a concession you’ve wanted, gain +1 Heat with someone. On a botch, it was the absolute worst thing you could have done in that moment.

FUNNY IS MONEY: Take +1 look  (max +3). You can still Work the Audience even if you’ve botched it earlier.

CELEBRITY PROMO: When you awkwardly carry a guest celebrity through a segment,  roll +look . On a 10+ it goes great, gain +1 Momentum and you choose who Creative books the celebrity into a match with. On a 7-9, choose whether you’re booked against them in a match, or with them as their tag team partner. On a botch, You destroy your promotions relationship with that guest.

The Enforcer

You’re the strong right arm, the enforcer, the one they have to get through to get to the top competitor. You put
on great matches, but are you content with your second place on the card?

Name:
Gimmick: The Enforcer

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Enforcer starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Look: -1
Power: -0
Real: -2
Work: +1

Then add 1 to any stat.

Heat:

Questions

Who am I allied with? (If you aren’t allied with another player’s wrestler, decide which NPW you are allied with and start with Heat +3)

Who have I had to put in their place most recently?

Who is my best buddy backstage?

Who wants the position I have on the roster?

While injured, you gain +1 Momentum at the beginning of every match, and lose all Momentum at the end of each match.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You and your opponent each gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you have to put them in a real stiff hold, gain +1 Heat with them; or you let them get some licks in first, and you each gain 1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it’s sloppy and you lose -1 Audience; crank the hold in and injure your opponent.

YOU GOTTA GO THROUGH ME: When your ally is booked in a match, you may declare that their opponent must face you first, or that you must get added to the match in some manner. Creative decides the details, but cannot deny you this demand.

Pick 1 of the following:

A REAL SHOOTER: Take +1 work  (max +3).You roll +work instead of +real when you Work Real Stiff.

STRONG RIGHT HAND: When you and your ally are in the same segment, you can use their +look and +real stats instead of your own for any Move you make. If you botch a roll while doing this, you both lose -1 Heat with each other.

CARRY THESE KIDS: You can spend your Momentum on anyone’s roll made in the ring, in addition to your own.

LOYAL WORKER: When you go to the boss with a great idea, roll +real . On a 10+ they go for it and you get the credit, gain +2 Momentum. On a 7-9 they go for it but you don’t get the credit, take +1 Heat with whoever does. Either way, you get to set up the relevant segment or match. On a botch, you overstepped your bounds and get dressed down on camera. Choose whether you lose -1 Audience, or all Heat with your ally.

The Giant

You’re one of the largest athletes on the planet. You can draw full houses and lots of attention, but it’s a
continual struggle to hold yourself back and make others look good. How long can you be a team player?

Name:
Gimmick: The Giant

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Giant starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:
Power: +2
Real: -1

Then add 1 to any stat and subtract 1 from any stat

Heat:

Questions

Who’s trusted to put on good matches with me?

Who have a I hurt unintentionally?

Who tries the hardest to avoid working with me?

Who have I hurt on purpose?

Injury: 4 Injury Boxes
When you get injured, check an Injury box. Creative won’t book you in a non-squash match while you’re injured. If you do compete against Creative’s wishes, gain +1 Heat with your opponent.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it, choose one: you have to trap them, gain +1 Heat with them; they showcase your strength, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still win the match, and choose: you’re too clumsy and lumbering to look good, you lose -1 Audience; or you forget your own strength and injure your opponent.

NOWHERE ELSE TO GO: You don’t have many career options, so you do what you’re told. Change Role (Heel to Babyface or vice versa) whenever Creative demands it. Ignore the normal Heat modifier. Instead, choose whether you gain +1 Heat with your next opponent, or +2 Momentum. When you take an Advanced Role, you can tell Creative to go screw, and pick another move from your current Gimmick to replace this one. This Move applies to you regardless of Gimmick until you replace it.

Pick 1 of the following:

GIVE ‘EM WHAT THEY WANT: Gain +1 Momentum whenever you hit a +Power roll with a 7+ without spending Momentum.

“ONE OF THE BIGGEST ATHLETES IN THE WORLD TODAY”: The first time you make a Move on-camera in an Episode and hit on a 10+, gain +1 Audience. You’re a big draw!

DOMINANT PERSONALITY: When you make a demand in no uncertain terms,  roll +real . On a 10+, you get it. On a 7-9,  you get it on one condition, choose one: you have to humiliate yourself first; you have to betray someone you care about; you have to put over someone you hate. On a botch, you don’t get it and you get booked in a punitive match with someone you hate as punishment.

The Golden Boy (Girl)

You’re the next big thing, whether the audience, and the other wrestlers, admit it or not. Someone backstage is
putting all of their weight behind you. You just have to hold up your end in the ring.

Name:
Gimmick: The Golden Boy (Girl)

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Golden Boy (Girl) starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Power: +0

Then add 1 to any stat.

Heat:

Questions

Who did I debut with (and leave behind)?

Who’s taken me under their wing?

Who’s jealous of my rapid rise?

Who has taken it upon themselves to teach me a lesson in the ring?

When you get injured, check an Injury box. Creative won’t book you in a non-squash match while you’re injured. If you do compete against Creative’s wishes, gain +1 Heat with your opponent.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean, gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they obviously allow you to get the win and gain +1 Heat with them; they push you, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, choose: an authority figure interferes and calls the match in your favor on a technicality, losing you -1 Audience; or there was a last-minute change to the booking from backstage and your opponent wins the match.

Pick 2 of the following:

DYNASTY SCION: Take +1 look (Max +3)

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE: When you go to an authority figure to save you from the consequences of your actions, roll +real . On a 10+, they cover for you and you pick one; on a 7-9 they cover for you and they pick one: they demand something new from you; they make you pay for it; they take something away from you; you make a new enemy. On a botch, whoops, you thought wrong.

ALWAYS LEARNING: When you work a match with someone you know is better than you,  roll  +W ork . On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: gain +1 Momentum; gain +1 Heat with them; gain their respect. On a botch, you make a rookie mistake and lose -1 Audience.

I AM THE FUTURE: When you keep a promise or follow through on a threat you made on camera,  roll +look. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: book yourself a match with any opponent; add a stipulation to a match; gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, you get booked in a punitive match.

The Hardcore

You’re not the best wrestler or the best looking, but you know how to get a pop through naked aggression
and rampant bloodshed. Some in the business look down on you, but you’re a legend in the making for a small
subset of the audience. How long can that fact be ignored?

Name:
Gimmick: The Hardcore

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Hardcore starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Look: +0
Power: -1
Real: -0

Then add 1 to either Look or Real.

Heat:

Questions

Who’s jealous of my devoted fan base?

Who beat me bloody...most recently?

Who’s returned from an injury I gave them?

Who can take everything I can dish out?

When you get injured, check an Injury box, and gain +1 Heat with the character you were working with.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean (or bloody). Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you win clean, and you both gain +1 Momentum, or sacrifice your body to make it happen - you gain +1 Heat with them and take an injury. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: you lose -1 Audience, or you injure your opponent.

TABLES AND LADDERS AND CHAIRS, OH MY: Whenever you’re booked in a match, you can add the Hardcore stipulation: no disqualification, no count out, and weapons allowed. The match uses the Hardcore Stipulation Move.

Pick 1 of the following:

HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE: +1 Real (Max +3)

WHAT A WEIRDO: +1 Look (Max +3)

MASTER OF HARDCORE: Whenever you’re booked in a hardcore match, take +2 Momentum.

“THAT  IS  INSANE”:  When  you  demonstrate  reckless disregard for your own health and safety, substitute +Real for any other stat.

RED MEANS GREEN: When you’re covered in blood, substitute look for any other stat.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED: When you suffer injury, endure humiliation or go down in the face of overwhelming odds, roll +real . On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick one: Gain +1 Audience, make Creative book you in a revenge match, gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, they are not entertained, lose -1 Audience.

The High Flyer

You are extremely athletic, able to go up to the top rope and execute dazzling maneuvers. You put your body
on the line every night. How long can you keep this up?

Name:
Gimmick: The High Flyer

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The High Flyer starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:

Then add 1 to any one stat.

Heat:

Questions

Who always has my back?

Who mentored me when I first joined this roster?

Who’s ripping off my high-flying style?

Who wishes they could do what I do?

When you get injured, check two Injury boxes.  While injured, any time an opponent uses your injury against you to gain an advantage, they gain +1 Momentum and you gain +1 Heat with them. 

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to resort to a roll-up, gain +1 Heat with them; or you execute another high spot, and gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible and you lose -1 Audience; injure your opponent; injure yourself.

Pick 2 of the following:

“LOOK AT THAT AMAZING ATHLETICISM!”: +1 Work (Max +3)

ENMÁSCARADO: When your mask is at stake in a match, use this Move instead of your Finishing Move roll +Heat 
with your opponent. On a 10+, you keep your mask, and your legend grows. Gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, you keep your mask, and pick how you lose the match: you are saved by someone else; you save yourself by fleeing the ring; you save yourself by using a weapon. On a botch, lose the match, and your mask. (This Move overrides Creative’s booking)

FAN FAVORITE: You know they want to see you. When you make a big deal of being passed over roll +real . On a 10+, pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: Demand, and be granted, a match; gain +1 Heat with the one sidelining you; gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you were wrong, lose -1 Audience.

HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL: Whenever you attempt a high-flying maneuver, and you roll a 10+ before spending Momentum, gain +1 Audience.

The Monster

You’re physically enormous and intimidating. You may have a supernatural edge, or simply be mean - either
way, you make people nervous, in and out of the ring.

Name:
Gimmick: The Monster

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Monster starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Power: +1

Heat:

Questions

Who is terrified of me backstage?

Who helps me come up with new directions
for my character?

Who’s made me look weak?

Who can stand up to me in the ring?

When you get injured, check an Injury box. When an opponent uses your injury against you, they gain +1 Momentum and you gain +1 Heat with them. When you erase your last Injury check, you can demand, and be granted, a revenge match with anyone who won a match against you while you were injured.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean, gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they showcase your strength, and you both gain +1 Momentum, or they’re unwilling to take your finisher and flee the ring, gain +1 Heat with them. On a botch, you still get the win, but choose whether you lose -1 Audience or injure your opponent.

Pick 2 of the following:

SHOOT KILL: When you really go after someone, in or out of the ring, roll +real . On a 10+, gain +1 Audience (whether they see it or hear about it later, they approve), and you pick one from the 7-9 list. On a 7-9, gain +1 Heat with your victim and they pick one: someone gets injured, you lose all your Momentum, disciplinary action is taken backstage. On a botch, the match is stopped, if you’re in one (and you lose by DQ), and you lose -1 Audience for going too far.)

INTIMIDATING: When you are not in the ring, roll +Power instead of +look .

NOT OF THIS WORLD: Pick or create a signature match stipulation. Whenever Creative books you in a match, you can choose to add that stipulation, even if the match already has one, and you start the match with +2 Momentum.

“WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT SIZE!”: +1 Power (Max +3)

The Provocateur

You’re the sui generis, the strange one, the weirdo. Whether you’ve been saddled with this role or you’ve
sought it out, you’re great at pushing boundaries. But will you go too far?

Name:
Gimmick: The Provovateur

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Provocateur starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:

Heat:

Questions

Who helped me get to where I am now?

Who thinks I’m all smoke and no fire?

Who is trying to steal my approach?

Who’s my fan, even though we’re peers?

When you get injured, check an Injury box. While injured, you can refuse to compete when you’re booked in a match, and gain +1 Heat with your prospective opponent.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether your or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you get the win through guile instead, gain +1 Heat with them; or they help you play up your unique approach, and you each gain 1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible, lose -1 Audience; or you mess up and injure your opponent.

Pick 2 of the following:

SHOWSTOPPER: Once per Episode, you can appear in any segment (in ring or out) and turn it into something about you. When you make your appearance, declare your agenda for the segment, and continue on from there. If a player’s wrestler tries to buck your plan, they Break kayfabe. Take +1 Momentum when you make your appearance. 

MIND GAMES: When you engage in bizarre, outlandish or mysterious behavior to psych someone out, roll +look. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: you gain control (of the situation, or of the match); gain +1 Heat with them; they gain +1 Heat with you; take +1 Momentum. On a botch, it reads as silly, lose all Momentum.

“STRANGELY CAPTIVATING”: When you’re the sole focus of a segment, roll +look instead of +real .

PLAY TO THE CROWD: When you use your gimmick to highlight, address or confront a real issue real people have in their lives, roll +real. On a 10+ you nail it, gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, choose whether it’s a hit backstage (gain +1 Momentum) or whether it calls out someone to take you to task over it (pick an opponent for Creative to book you in a match with). On a botch, you completely mishandle it. Lose -1 Audience and you get booked in a punitive match.

The Technician

Whether you were an amateur sensation or an indy workhorse, you have all the skills. Your wrestling ability stands out, but you’re continually fighting the assumption your only have one dimension to you.

Name:
Gimmick: The Technician

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Technician starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Look: -2

Heat:

Questions

Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?

Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring?

Who’s jealous of my skills?

Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

When you get injured, check an Injury box. Whenever you lose a match due to your injury, lose all Momentum. Whenever you push through your injury to win a match, gain +2 Momentum.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to slap a real submission hold on them, gain +2 Momentum; they no-sell your finish and you have to hit them with it again, gain +1 Heat with them. On a botch, pick one: it’s sloppy, lose -1 Audience and win the match; or you go overboard and really crank in a hold, you injure your opponent, and end the match in a no contest.

Pick 2 of the following:

“FORMER AMATEUR CHAMPION”: +1 Real (Max +3)

TECHNICAL EXPERT: +1 Work (Max +3)

VERSATILE: You use the opposite Role move of anyone you’re squaring off with (in or out of the ring). If you’re facing a Babyface, you use the Heel Move, and if you’re facing a Heel, you use the Babyface Move. If you’re facing an Advanced Role, you use your normal Role Move.

EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION:  You roll +Work for your Finishing Move.

SPORTSMANSHIP: When you shake hands with another wrestler, roll +real. On a 10+, pick two, on a 7-9, pick one: you both gain +1 Momentum; you gain +1 Heat with each other; you get to pick who attacks who (or if nobody does). On a botch, they attack you before your hands touch (and they gain +2 Momentum).

The Veteran

You are an established name. You work almost every night, you have a dedicated fan base, and you’re ready to create an enduring legacy.

Name:
Gimmick: The Veteran

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Veteran starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:

Heat:

Questions

Who  am  I  keeping  out  of  the spotlight?

Who is my protege?

Who is undercutting me?

Who has no respect for all the work I’ve put into this company?

When you get injured, check an Injury box.  When injured, you can pull out of any match you’re booked in without repercussions, but you gain +1 Momentum if you don’t.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you use your veteran skills to force a win, and gain +1 Heat with them;  or you let them look strong in defeat, and they gain +1 Audience. On a botch, you win by countout, disqualification or interference (Creative’s choice), and you lose -1 Audience.

VETERAN INSTINCTS: Gain +1 Momentum when you start a match.

Pick 1 of the following:

BURY ‘EM: When you go to management to stop another wrestler’s push, roll +real . On a 10+ you book their next segment. On a 7-9 pick whether you book yourself to win next time you wrestle them; or add a stipulation to their next match. On a botch, you accelerate their push instead.

PUT OVER: When you show vulnerability to an opponent in the ring in order to make them look good, roll +Work. On a 10+, you both gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, one of you gains +1 Audience and the other loses -1 Audience, your opponents choice. On a botch, you lose -1 Audience and your opponent resents you for your pandering.

TOP OF THE CARD: When you demand a match, it must be granted by Creative.

RESPECT THE BUSINESS: When you act to preserve wrestling tradition, roll +real . On a 10+ they back down and you gain +1 Heat with each other. On a 7-9,  you gain +1 Heat with them and they choose one: they do it behind your back; they jump you; they start spreading lies about you in the locker room. On a botch, traditions change. Lose -1 Heat with them and all of your Momentum.

The Jobber

You’re a nobody. You’re there to lose and make the other guy look good. You may not have the fans, but you have a job to do
and you can do it well. How long will that keep you, and your family, fed?

Name:
Gimmick: The Jobber

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Jobber starts and resets to Audience +0.

Stats:
Real: +0

Then add 1 to any one stat and subract-1 from a stat.

Heat:

Questions

Who was my tag team partner before they made it big?

Who can’t remember who I am?

Who refuses to work with me?

Who is always trying to get management on my side?

When you get injured, check an Injury box.  When injured, you can pull out of any match you’re booked in without repercussions, but you gain +1 Momentum if you don’t.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

DO THE JOB: You are always booked to lose your matches. When your opponent pins you for the win, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you make them look great. They gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, you do OK. Gain +1 Momentum or +1 Heat with them, your choice. On a botch, you don’t sell it right. You both lose -1 Audience. If your opponent is another player’s wrestler, roll for this when they make their Finishing Move.

CAREER WRESTLER: If you end an Episode with Audience +3 or higher, you can change to any other Gimmick, per the
changing Gimmick rules. If you end an Episode with Audience 0, you aren’t fired - instead, your Audience is reset to +1.

Pick 1 of the following:

SYMPATHETIC: Roll +Work instead of +Audience when you make the WORK THE AUDIENCE Move.

JOBBER TO THE STARS: When competing against an NPW jobber, you don’t count as a Jobber and you’re booked to win! You can pick the Finishing Move from any other player’s Gimmick to replace your DO THE JOB Move.

MULTITALENTED: When you demonstrate leadership or ability outside of the ring, roll +real. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: someone important notices you; someone gives you the opportunity to prove yourself; take +1 Momentum. On a botch, you make a fool of yourself.

HAM-N-EGGER: Take +1 real  (max +3)

The Manager

You’re the sizzle on the steak. You don’t compete, but you have the charisma, the talk, the walk and the ideas to keep your
client/companion in the spotlight - in and out of the ring.

Name:
Gimmick: The Manager

Hails From:

Entrance:

Appearance:

Personality:

Audience:
The Manager starts and resets to Audience +1.

Stats:
Look: +2

Heat:

Questions

Who do I manage/ accompany to the ring? (If you don’t manage another player’s wrestler, decide which NPW you manage and start
with Heat +3)

Who is trying to undermine me backstage?

Who  turned  on  me  when  I  was  their
Manager?

Who knows I have their best interests at heart?

Injury: 2 Injury Boxes
When you get injured, check an Injury box. When you use your injury as an excuse to help out your client, they gain +1
Momentum.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look):
Break Kayfabe (Real):
Work Stiff (Real):
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies):

Gimmick Moves

MEAL TICKET: When you interfere on your client’s behalf to win them a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you pull it off and they get the win. Choose whether you gain +1 Audience, or your client does. On a 7-9 the ref notices your attempt, choose: your client uses your distraction to get the win, they gain +2 Momentum; or you interfere but their opponent still wins, you gain +1 Heat with your client. On a botch, choose: your effort is hilariously obvious, losing you -1 Audience (though your client still wins the match); or the ref tosses you out of the match and DQs your client. The results of this Move overrides Creative’s booking.

MOUTHPIECE: When you speak for your Client, they can roll on your stat instead of theirs for any Move they would normally make. (If your client is an NPW: Gain +1 Momentum whenever you speak for your client.)

Pick 1 of the following:

“ALWAYS HAS A PLAN”: +1 Look (Max +3).

PUT OVER: When you show vulnerability to an opponent in the ring in order to make them look good, roll +Work. On a 10+, you both gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, one of you gains +1 Audience and the other loses -1 Audience, your opponents choice. On a botch, you lose -1 Audience and your opponent resents you for your pandering.

BRAIN FOR THE BUSINESS: +1 Real (Max +3)

LOYAL:  When  you  take  action  in  your  client’s  best interests,  roll +look . On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick one: gain +1 Momentum; overturn a decision made against your client; gain +1 Heat with your client; add a stipulation to your client’s upcoming match. On a botch, you’re obviously faking it, lose -1 Heat with your client.

BACKSTAGE POLITICS: When you cut a deal backstage (on or off camera), roll +real. On a 10+, take +2 Momentum and set up any segment you want later in the show. On a 7-9, you set up a segment later in the show, but pick one: it’s a match your client does not want to have; it places you or your client in an embarrassing situation; it demonstrates how much better someone else is than
you.  On a botch, Creative picks two.

Gimmicks Taken

The Manager - Phaia
The High-Flyer - Pink Kitten
The Clown - Foxy Oni
The Anti-Hero - Kckolbe
The Jobber - Laughing Hyena

Crash

~Current Champions~

MWC Champion

Name: Mace "The Highland Park Strangler" Hunley
Gimmick: The Anti-Hero
Role: Heel

Hails From: Mean Streets of Detroit, Michigan

Entrance: Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine, Gritty looking montage

Personality:  Unpredictable, manipulative and brutal.  Mace has no time for authority telling him what to do.  No one tells Mace what to do.  He is not at all above using underhanded tactics to get ahead as the only goal is to be the top dog, nothing else matters. Life on the streets at a young age made Mace a survivor.  He earned the nickname the Highland Park Strangler in illegal cage fights where he nearly killed a guy with a choke hold.  Mace's time at Can-Am gave him enough discipline to keep him out of jail and a sense of direction for the first time in his life.  That said the street tough is still there and he brings that with him to the ring night in and night out.

Background: Raising on the mean streets of Highland Park in Detroit, Michigan, Mace has run a foul of the law many throughout his youth.  It grew up fighting and was saved from a life in jail by joining CAN-AM Wrestling school.  The streets of Highland Park taught Mace to survive and thrive in a dog eat dog world where being strong wasn't enough.  You had to be smart and tough.  He has been shoot, stabbed, beaten and still he comes out on top.  A true predator on the streets and in the ring.  Mace's wrestling style is brutal, a combination of overwhelming strikes and crippling holds meant to tear down his opponents mentally and physically.  Seen as unpredictable and violent by other wrestling organizations Mace was snatched up by MCW and signed quickly knowing that his attitude and skill would put him in line for a title right away.  Now can Malcom Cane keep the angry pitbull on a tight lease or will his vicious animal get loose and reek havoc on his organization.  Either way it will make for good ratings.

Audience: +3

Stats:
Real: +2

Heat:

When you get injured, check an Injury box, and note who did it. While injured, you can interfere in any of their matches without Creative’s approval or consent, and they gain +1 Momentum when you do so.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look): 0
Feat of Strength (Power): -1
Break Kayfabe (Real): +2
Work Stiff (Real): +2
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies): 0, -1, +2, -1

Gimmick Moves

FINISHING MOVE:  Highland Park Strangler (Crippler Crossface)
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you gain +1 Audience, or whether your opponent does. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Chose: you win clean, and you both gain +1 Momentum, or win via countout, disqualification or interference, and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch, choose: you lose -1 Audience (but get the win) or you’re screwed out of victory by an authority figure.

RULES? WHAT RULES?: When you break the rules in a match, roll +look . On a 10+, you get away with it, book the finish of the match on the fly. On a 7-9, pick 1: you get away with it and gain +1 Momentum, or you don’t and gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a botch you get DQed and lose the match (the results of this Move overrides Creative’s booking).

ANYTHING YOU NEED TO DO TO WIN: You can use both the Babyface and Heel Role Moves.

SHOOT KILL: When you really go after someone, in or out of the ring, roll +real . On a 10+, gain +1 Audience (whether they see it or hear about it later, they approve), and you pick one from the 7-9 list. On a 7-9, gain +1 Heat with your victim and they pick one: someone gets injured, you lose all your Momentum, disciplinary action is taken backstage. On a botch, the match is stopped, if you’re in one (and you lose by DQ), and you lose -1 Audience for going too far.)

CHAMPIONS ADVANTAGE:
If your championship is at stake in a match, before Creative reveals the finish you can roll out of the ring and get counted out. You lose the match, but retain the title, as titles do not change hands on a countout. Roll +Audience.  On a 10+ you get to add a stipulation to the rematch, and gain +1 Momentum. On a 7–9 pick 1: gain +2 Momentum or gain +1 Heat with your opponent.  On a Botch the audience really wanted to see that match, lose -1 Audience

Advances:
+1 Real
+1 Power
Shoot to Kill Move

Late Night Hardcore Champion

Name: “Hardcore Angel” Heather Magnus
Gimmick: The Athlete
Role: Babyface

Hails From: Olso, Norway

Entrance: Beautiful People by Marilyn Mansion

Appearance: See Image for wrestling gear.

Personality & Background: Heather loves getting down and dirty in the late night hardcore matches.  She varies her stipulations from pure bloody hardcore to sensual and erotic.  You never know what you are going to get when you face off against the Hardcore Angel and that is exactly the way she and her fans like it.  Heather has held the Late Night Hardcore title for three months.  She has been known to help out some of the newer wrestlers backstage and is generally a friendly person away from the ring.  Inside the ring she a competitor that refuses to loose and is willing to pull out any insane maneuver or body endangering feat to take her opponent out be they friend or foe.

Audience: +2

Stats:
Power: +2
Real: 0

Heat:

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look): 0
Feat of Strength (Power): +2
Break Kayfabe (Real): 0
Work Stiff (Real): 0
Run-In (Heat): Varies
Wresting (varies): 0, +2, 0, -1

Gimmick Moves

FINISHING MOVE: The Decent (Sit-out Power Bomb)
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, you need their help. They choose: they make it obvious you need them, gain +1 Heat with each other; they carry you through it, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win off an obvious botch, pick 1: lose -1 Audience or injure your opponent.

FAN BASE: Describe the fans who have followed your career into wrestling. Whenever you hit a roll on a 10+, they break into your chant and you gain an additional +1 Momentum.

“NATURALLY GIFTED”: +1 Power (max +3).

MASTER OF HARDCORE: Whenever you’re booked in a hardcore match, take +2 Momentum.

CHAMPIONS ADVANTAGE:
If your championship is at stake in a match, before Creative reveals the finish you can roll out of the ring and get counted out. You lose the match, but retain the title, as titles do not change hands on a countout. Roll +Audience. On a 10+ you get to add a stipulation to the rematch, and gain +1 Momentum. On a 7–9 pick 1: gain +2 Momentum or gain +1 Heat with your opponent. On a Botch the audience really wanted to see that match, lose -1 Audience

Advances:
+1 Work
Master of Hardcore

Tag Team Champions

Suicide Blondes

Name: Johnny Smooth
Gimmick: The Provocateur

Hails From: Santa Cruz, California

Entrance: Wipe Out by The Surfaris

Appearance: See Image

Personality & Background:  Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze make up the tag team the Suicide Blondes along with Kid’s kid sister Betty.  They came up through All Pro Wrestling together.  The two friends have always been a tag team and that sort of experience is why they are so damn good at what they do.  The three surfers grew up in Santa Cruz and have been surfers all their life and they have translated the skills in the water to the wrestling mat to surprising effect.

As laid back as they look the tag team has made a name for themselves as hardcore wrestlers in many a surfboard, ladders and chairs match, their own personal take on the traditional tables, ladders and chairs.  While a fan favorite the tag team is not above using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand particularly if it gets a good laugh from the crowd. Their goal is to make it to the top of the MCW tag team division and have a good time doing it. 

Stats:
Real: 0

Heat:

When you get injured, check an Injury box. While injured, you can refuse to compete when you’re booked in a match, and gain +1 Heat with your prospective opponent.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look): +2
Feat of Strength (Power): -2
Break Kayfabe (Real): 0
Work Stiff (Real): 0
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies): +2, -2, 0, -1

Gimmick Moves

FINISHING MOVE: The Wipe Out (Johnny Smooth hits a backbreaker at the same time Kid Kruze hits a top rope leg drop on their opponent)

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether your or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you get the win through guile instead, gain +1 Heat with them; or they help you play up your unique approach, and you each gain 1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible, lose -1 Audience; or you mess up and injure your opponent.

SHOWSTOPPER: Once per Episode, you can appear in any segment (in ring or out) and turn it into something about you. When you make your appearance, declare your agenda for the segment, and continue on from there. If a player’s wrestler tries to buck your plan, they Break kayfabe. Take +1 Momentum when you make your appearance.

MIND GAMES: When you engage in bizarre, outlandish or mysterious behavior to psych someone out, roll +look. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: you gain control (of the situation, or of the match); gain +1 Heat with them; they gain +1 Heat with you; take +1 Momentum. On a botch, it reads as silly, lose all Momentum.

Advances:
Dedicated Tag Team

Name: Kid Kruze
Gimmick: The High Flyer

Hails From: Santa Cruz, California

Entrance: Wipe Out by The Surfaris

Appearance: See Image

Personality & Background:  Johnny Smooth and Kid Kruze make up the tag team the Suicide Blondes along with Kid’s kid sister Betty.  They came up through All Pro Wrestling together.  The two friends have always been a tag team and that sort of experience is why they are so damn good at what they do.  The three surfers grew up in Santa Cruz and have been surfers all their life and they have translated the skills in the water to the wrestling mat to surprising effect.

As laid back as they look the tag team has made a name for themselves as hardcore wrestlers in many a surfboard, ladders and chairs match, their own personal take on the traditional tables, ladders and chairs.  While a fan favorite the tag team is not above using an unfair advantage to gain the upper hand particularly if it gets a good laugh from the crowd. Their goal is to make it to the top of the MCW tag team division and have a good time doing it. 

Stats:
Work: +3

Heat:
When you get injured, check two Injury boxes.  While injured, any time an opponent uses your injury against you to gain an advantage, they gain +1 Momentum and you gain +1 Heat with them

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look): +0
Break Kayfabe (Real): -1
Work Stiff (Real): -1
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies): +0, -2, 1, +3

Gimmick Moves
FINISHING MOVE: The Wipe Out (Johnny Smooth hits a backbreaker at the same time Kid Kruze hits a top rope leg drop on their opponent)

When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. You gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: they counter and you have to resort to a roll-up, gain +1 Heat with them; or you execute another high spot, and gain +2 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible and you lose -1 Audience; injure your opponent; injure yourself.

HUMAN HIGHLIGHT REEL: Whenever you attempt a high-flying maneuver, and you roll a 10+ before spending Momentum, gain +1 Audience.

“LOOK AT THAT AMAZING ATHLETICISM!”: +1 Work (Max +3)

Advances:
Dedicated Tag Team

Crash

Foxy DeVille

Name: "The Farmer's Daughter" Daisy Holiday
Gimmick: The Clown

Hails From: Sunny Side, Georgia

Entrance: "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" by Trace Adkins

Appearance: Daisy stands 5' 9" tall and weighs in at 139 lbs. She dresses like the sexy country gal she is and wrestles barefoot.

Personality & Background: Marley Hopkins (Daisy's real name) is a native of Sunny Side, her family has farmed there for generations. Following a particularly hot and dry things became tough and they never really regained their footing. Marley was popular in high school, being quite pretty and always up for a good time. Her status as head cheerleader made the athletes especially fond of her. She hoped to got to college but her mediocre grades thanks to her preference for pot smoking over studying made that unlikely. Instead she found herself working tables at a local diner when not helping out on the family farm. Many of her friends had left Sunny Side for school and those who stayed seem to be at a dead end like her. Marley started to wonder if she was going to be stuck in the drudgery of doing the same thing every day just to barely make ends meet. She need more but her options were limited. Luckily a family friend was a retired wrestler willing to train her for a reduced rate. With nothing else to do Marley decided to go for it and discovered she had a knack for wrestling.

Being cute and fit, Marley definitely had the girl-next-door look down that many fans would like. Pondering on what to call herself, Marley decided on the first name "Daisy" after Daisy Duke. That would tie into her country girl image. The last name "Holiday" came from the Holiday Inn, the place where she lost her virginity at sixteen to the varsity quarterback after the homecoming game. That would be a reminder of when she was young and innocent, the image she wanted to give people watching her. With her pseudonym decided, Daisy Holiday hit the indies. She played up her naive hayseed gimmick, getting laughs from the crowd even if she didn't win a lot of matches. Her outgoing and flirty personality got her a spot on the Midnight Championship Wrestling roster at only nineteen years old. Daisy has decided she would be willing to do anything in order to increase her appeal. Now she had fooled around with her share of football players back in high school but horny teenage boys don't exactly provide a wealth of experiences for some of the things MCW has in mind. Still Daisy has to give it all a try in order to maximize her income. Then after a few years of saving her money she could help out her family and maybe start her own business, like a fitness studio. Now time will tell if Daisy Holiday will really become a star or just a forgotten wannabe. 

Audience: Daisy starts and resets to Audience +2.

Stats:

Heat:

While injured, if you roll on anything but +look when you’re in the ring, choose whether you tick another injury box, or the ref calls an audible and ends the match in a no contest.

Moves:

Basic Moves
Cut a Promo (Look): +2
Break Kayfabe (Real): +1
Work Stiff (Real): +1
Run-In (Heat):
Wresting (varies): +2, -2, +1, -1

Gimmick Moves
FINISHING MOVE: The Roll in the Hay
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they obviously stall for you to hit it. Choose: they’re making you look bad, gain +1 Heat with them; ham it up along with them, you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, you still get the win, but pick one: it’s so nonsensical that you lose -1 Audience; or your opponent refuses to sell it, lose -1 Heat with each other (if you have any to lose).

SURPRISINGLY TALENTED: When you roll +work for the Wrestling Move and hit it with a 10+, gain +1 Heat with your opponent.

CELEBRITY PROMO: When you awkwardly carry a guest celebrity through a segment,  roll +look . On a 10+ it goes great, gain +1 Momentum and you choose who Creative books the celebrity into a match with. On a 7-9, choose whether you’re booked against them in a match, or with them as their tag team partner. On a botch, You destroy your promotions relationship with that guest.

Advances:

Crash

kckolbe

If I go with Jobber, am I actually guaranteed to lose against everyone but non-NPW Jobbers?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Crash

Kc - Yep until you change gimmicks, but that will probably take a little while. 

I am surprise, you are the second player to express interest in the Jobber gimmick.  If you don't want to lose your matches it is probably best not to submit for The Jobber.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Crash on November 10, 2015, 04:03:31 PM
Kc - Yep until you change gimmicks, but that will probably take a little while. 

I am surprise, you are the second player to express interest in the Jobber gimmick.  If you don't want to lose your matches it is probably best not to submit for The Jobber.

Some people want to start at the bottom and rise to the top. I share that sentiment.  If he wants it, I'll give it up. ^_^

Crash

kckolbe

I was actually thinking of a char that started in the middle and was currently near the bottom.  Not at all fleshed out, but I was thinking of a former tag team member who enjoyed limited success with his partner (amateur tag team champs?) and then had a falling out after one or two failed runs at success.  After the tag team fell apart, my char struggled to get wins while the ex-partner (a Golden Boy?) actually did better.

My character would be in that past his prime but still viable category.  I see him as a heel.  Maybe a Technician?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Crash

Most of the templates would work with that idea KC. Technician certainly is one of them.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: kckolbe on November 10, 2015, 04:17:21 PM
I was actually thinking of a char that started in the middle and was currently near the bottom.  Not at all fleshed out, but I was thinking of a former tag team member who enjoyed limited success with his partner (amateur tag team champs?) and then had a falling out after one or two failed runs at success.  After the tag team fell apart, my char struggled to get wins while the ex-partner (a Golden Boy?) actually did better.

My character would be in that past his prime but still viable category.  I see him as a heel.  Maybe a Technician?

Jesus Christ we DO think alike. Better background than mine as well. Anyway I'll change my character to not be a jobber so it frees him up. I'll pick technician (or something else). I intended to play something of a Henning or a Hart so I got no problems with bumping up.  ^_^

Crash

Make sure you both are picking something different is all I ask.

kckolbe

I have a feeling Hyena and I will be bouncing ideas off each other and making sure it isn't the same thing.  I will not be playing a Jobber, as I want the possibility of beating real wrestlers.  I was thinking of a less successful and perhaps more bitter Randy Orton.  The "Legend Killer" thing he started in the mid 2000's (when I actually followed it) really resonated. 

I want someone who can win, but all in all seems at least a tier below where he wants to be. 

Intro Thread

Crash

Most templates start at Audience 1 (Clown being one of the exceptions) so you will likely be starting on the low card, mid card tops for those with 2 Audience. 

Check out Golden Boy, Provocateur, Anti-Hero.  Those could all work.

kckolbe

Definitely thinking Anti-Hero.  The ability to thwart the booking is too appealing.

Intro Thread

Crash

Quote from: kckolbe on November 10, 2015, 05:31:00 PM
Definitely thinking Anti-Hero.  The ability to thwart the booking is too appealing.

Just use it effectively and not alllllll the time.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Crash on November 10, 2015, 05:46:50 PM
Just use it effectively and not alllllll the time.

Sweet. Anyway I'll continue making my character if thats the case. Do I need to answer those questions in the template now or later?

Crash

The heat questions will be answered by other players when we start.  I want to get 3-4 wrestlers submitted before we start answering heat questions.

Laughing Hyena

Crash

Post characters here when completed so others can take a look.  I am hoping to get a couple more players before we start, but I can start with three.

kckolbe

How do the basic moves work?  I couldn't find descriptions of any of the moves, or what the results of success for them were.

Intro Thread

Crash

If you mean a wrestling move.  Those are in the In-Ring Moves section.  I have a link to them all in the first post of this thread.

Basic Moves are things like Cut a Promo, Cheap Heat, Run-In, Work the Audience...etc

In–Ring Moves

You can perform other Moves (Basic, Role and Gimmick Moves) during a match as well. Narrate how you use them and resolve them whenever you have control of the match, or to follow up an interrupt move.

WRESTLING:
When you have control of the match, you narrate the transitional sequences, working with your opponent to fill in the details.
When a sequence leads up to a big spot or key move in the ring, narrate the maneuver and roll:

If you execute a difficult, demanding or dangerous maneuver that showcases your technical wrestling ability roll +Work

If you put your opponent or yourself at legit risk by using your physical strength, roll +Power

If  you  execute  a  signature  move,  demonstrate  your  character through action or otherwise showcase your Gimmick, roll +Look

If you work with your opponent to execute an amazing and memorable sequence, roll +Heat

✶ On a 10+ you hit it great, retain control and pick one:
⚪ gain +2 Momentum
✶ On a 7–9 you hit it pretty well, pick one:
⚪ retain control and transition into the next sequence
⚪ give your opponent control and gain +1 Momentum
✶ On a Botch you get countered, give 1 Momentum to your oppo-
nent, and they immediately take control of the match (if you have
no Momentum, they still gain 1)

INTERRUPT:
When you cut in to take control of a match for yourself, spend 1 Momentum and narrate your interruption. You gain control of
the match and continue on with the next sequence.

WORK REAL STIFF: When you go to legit injure somebody in the ring, roll +Real
✶ On a 10+ you really lay 'em out, pick 2 from the 7–9 list
✶ On a 7–9 that sure is stiff, pick 1:
⚪ you injure your opponent
⚪ the match ends in a no–contest (this overrides Creative’s booking)
⚪ your opponent loses -1 Audience
✶ On a Botch you screw it up, and get injured as a result