Nightwood Falls - Freeform Horror Based Game (Closed Until Sept!)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 26, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torterrable

Yes, I'd like to play this monster, and the monster above, the Dolls. I might be tossing up a few more monster ideas with reasonably complete character sheets in the Worldbuilding thread, but this is the limit I can have in game.

Black Howling

Quote from: Black Howling on September 27, 2014, 07:19:42 PM
Depending on my performance over the next two days, I might be making a sheet.

Change that to I will be making a sheet. I had a good idea and just might have gotten Gnothi in on it. >_>

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Madmartigan on September 27, 2014, 08:27:44 PM
Holy cats. This sounds like fun.

I hope it will be! If you're interested - let me know if you have any questions.

Quote from: Torterrable on September 27, 2014, 08:59:09 PM
Yes, I'd like to play this monster, and the monster above, the Dolls. I might be tossing up a few more monster ideas with reasonably complete character sheets in the Worldbuilding thread, but this is the limit I can have in game.

I will look over your monsters in a bit. I'm currently going to be traveling today - so I'll be a bit scarce. I'll for sure have some information for you within a day - but your concepts look like a lot of fun!

Quote from: Black Howling on September 27, 2014, 09:12:59 PM
Change that to I will be making a sheet. I had a good idea and just might have gotten Gnothi in on it. >_>

You. Are. My. Hero.

Please make a sheet and I'm so excited to see that you got Gnothi in on this as well.

-gives a secret high five-

Join us...Gnothi!!!

BruceTheCat

I am very interested! If there is still availability, I would like to join in. I have a zoo of creature ideas.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Sindra

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 28, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
I am very interested! If there is still availability, I would like to join in. I have a zoo of creature ideas.

Yay!  Welcome Red Lobster.  There's still plenty of availability so feel free to join us :).

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 28, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
>:)

And what delicious ideas they are!

LSWSjr

I've added three more placeholders and expanded on the three original ones, including some Face Claims.  I'll get started on all six characters as soon as I finish work ;D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Caehlim

Here's a monster idea. I'm still working on ideas for a main character.

Name: The frozen man.

Character Type: Monster

Physical Description: Appears as a man, completely drenched and frozen to the core.

Personality: A being of pure need and desperation, he has no real malice in what he does only the desperate craving to heal himself and end the pain of his half-frozen state. Clings to people like a drowning man grabbing hold of a better swimmer and pulling them under through sheer panic.

History: Many victims ended up in the lake over the years, but one was merely a tragic accident. Lost in the mists surrounding the lake, a young man from the town fell into the waters on a winter's day and on his crawl back to the town slowly froze to death. The mists have brought him back to life, but only on the very edge between life and death. He feels as though if he can ever truly get warm he can become truly alive again but the only way that can happen is to get more heat. (He cannot actually come back to true life but does not realize this). Now he stalks the mists, seeking out warm bodies.

Lair: When the mists withdraw, the frozen man finds himself drawn back to the spot of his original death; a small patch of trees just near the lake where he crawled out and passed away from hypothermia. His memories are confused and although he's made the trek out of that lair multiple times, everytime it feels fresh and new to him as though he'd just now fallen in the lake and was staggering towards the warmth of the town for the first time. Between cycles of the mist he lays there shivering, unable to move poised on the exact brink between life and death. If someone stumbles upon him though and moves close enough to give him some of their warmth, he just might find the strength to start moving again though.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Numb: Feels no pain from physical injuries, although still suffers damage.
  • Drains body-heat: People get cold when he's nearby, from a chill winter's day in the same room to being drenched in icy water at his touch. Prolonged contact will inflict hypothermia.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Slow: With his limbs half frozen he can only move at a stagger and can be easily escaped from unless his victim is trapped or injured. Grows faster once he's started draining heat from a person, but this is temporary and he has to have caught them first.
  • Vulnerable to heat: He cannot enter a room that is too hot, any lit fireplace, furnace or even hot steamy shower would drive him away. If trapped in such a place he would eventually die.

List your O&O: My Ons and Offs. These are overwritten by any specific ons and offs below.

Specify Ons: Cold/Ice play naturally. This character may involve NC content where desired by a victim's player. This would include grabbing, pulling, physical force and rough sex.

Tolerated content (Things that are normally offs, that are permitted for this character): This character can receive mutilation or extreme injury, however will not feel it. His body is solidly frozen and will not bleed or exhibit much gore. This character can die and cause death. Doesn't feel pain, so torture is permitted but pointless.

Specify Hard Offs: None that are relevant for this character due to his circumstances.

Sexuality: Any/All. In his craving for as much warmth as possible, he will target any victim whose player wishes it with NC sex slowly draining their heat away as he forces himself upon them. People can survive contact with him if they escape or are rescued but will require warming up to recover from the hypothermia this inflicts.

Content Level: Nightmare.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): As a monster can die. Death of up to nightmare levels accepted.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Joslyn

So, I have a Knowing character I wanted to get feedback on. She’s an inexperienced necromancer but her abilities have limited utility due to casting time and requiring concentration. If she’s accepted, it could be that many of the undead monsters in the game were created by her.

I was also thinking of making a couple victims and a monster (the deceased mother of this character). I’m having trouble coming up with a main character idea though, so I may not have one.

Also, I was wondering what “Face Claim” means on the character sheets?

EDIT: I've removed the original version of Lisa Takahashi since she was a magic-user. She is hopefully going to be reworked as a priestess to the Monster of the Lake.

Black Howling

Quote from: Joslyn on September 28, 2014, 02:12:33 AM
Also, I was wondering what “Face Claim” means on the character sheets?

The name of the model/celebrity your using as the picture. This is used to keep models from overlapping. It cuts down on disputes over pictures, as well as walking 'long lost twins'. 

It appears the model your using is Konatsu Aozora. >_>

Rel Mayer

So cool that everyone is building sheets! Im currently traveling today, but I sm going to go over these sheets and chat with the others. After that I will get back to every one!  Toss me a PM or post here with your questions!

Quote from: Black Howling on September 28, 2014, 03:01:55 AM
The name of the model/celebrity your using as the picture. This is used to keep models from overlapping. It cuts down on disputes over pictures, as well as walking 'long lost twins'. 

It appears the model your using is Konatsu Aozora. >_>

Joslyn - Black Howling explained it perfectly.

While its not required to have a face claim - I do think that people with particular character models in mind can claim those faces.

Caehlim - Let me know if you have any questions.  If you want something a bit simple you can always makr a victim as a place holder until you get a firm idea.

Caehlim

Name: Jai Dimetrius

Character Type: Main Character

Occupation: Odd-jobs man. Technically unemployed but has taken whatever small employment he can find from the different residents. Fixing machines, mowing lawns, repairing house roofs, etc.

Physical Description: As per picture.

Personality: Generally quite introverted and quiet around strangers, he's a hard worker and gets whatever he's hired to do done. Always polite to strangers, but takes a lot to open him up and for him to become friendly with someone.

History: Jai left home at a young age to escape a lot of problems with his family. He doesn't talk much about what those problems were and doesn't go into details about his alcoholic and drug-dependent father, his mentally ill mother or the abusive step-father who seemed much more interested in Jai than he ever was in his mother. Ever since then he's driven from town to town, never staying in the one place for too long, finding whatever jobs he can to support himself. Generally living in his car, unless he can manage the money for somewhere better to stay temporarily he belongs on the road.

However ever since he arrived at Nightwood Falls two weeks ago, he's found himself unable to leave. His car broke down when he first drove into town and the mechanics seem to be unable to fix it, he's taken a look at it himself but can't figure out what's wrong with the car. He's managed to find a few jobs around town and made enough money to stay in a motel and pay the mechanics to keep on trying, but he's starting to get desperate to leave. He's almost ready to abandon his car and try hitchhiking away, there's just something not right about this place but he can't figure out what.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Jack of All Trades: Jai has worked just about every job you could imagine and while he's no expert in anything, he knows a few things about any topic you'd care to name. He can manage most mundane tasks reasonably well.
  • Thinks clearly: Even when frightened for his life, Jai's mind keeps on ticking and trying to find a way out. He's not any calmer than anyone else, just doesn't stop thinking when emotional.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Pacifist (towards humans): Jai has been through a lot and often comes off as cold or distant, but he still can't bring himself towards hurting other people. He wouldn't feel the same about a monster or inhuman creature, but he can't bring himself to harm any living human except using absolute minimal force in self-defense.
  • Nyctophobia: Jai is absolutely terrified of the dark and will not willingly go into a dark place unless he has a good light source with him. He freaks out if he's in the dark and has no way of making light.

List your O&O: My player on/offs

Tolerated Content: NC content, asphyxiation, violence, some injuries, light knifeplay (up to limits of Offs), bondage.

Specify Hard Offs: Mutilation, extreme pain, gore, character death, STIs, torture, extreme physical harm.

Sexuality: Pansexual, slightly favouring other men though.

Content Level: Normal

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): No.

Face Claim?: Andrew Cooper.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Roen

I'm sold on the idea, love the concept!
Been looking for a great horror game, and this seems to be it!

Now, if I can get some inspiration to go with that interest, I will be submitting my characters soon.

One thing I wasn't sure I understood- what year are we talking about? I've read about the 2009 prophecy, does that mean it's 2008?

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Lynnette

Interested in a knowing character, along with possibly a main character. Might pick up a monster as well, there seems to be no faster monsters as of yet, might be interesting. I'll have to send some ideas around to see what would be approvable and what would not, but I'm interested. How long time do I have before you plan to start? Was it the first of October, or am I mixing it with something else?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Rel Mayer

So awesome to see more people interested!

Currently working on ironing out some history ideas - which could possibly change the character sheets just a bit. So, some of extra information may be needed with some characters.

Also, probably going to need a day or two to look over everything before it's approved. :)

I'll throw any of the information as it comes in to this thread - so you can make the changes that you feel as necessary or add any extra information to your sheets. We're just discussing how the monster process is going to work - as well as dealing with figuring out some crucial GM NPCs needed to progress the story along.

Excited to see the interest! WOO!

AffablyEvil

I'm interested too! :) I will start on working on chars as soon as my house cleaning is done.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Rel Mayer

Cool! :)

Just remember everyone that some of the information on monsters and knowing - among other things are going to be elaborated on a bit, so it may change the sheets slightly. So definitely feel free to get some ideas together - but we are not going to be approving characters until that information is out.

But feel free to voice what you're interested in, character ideas, and such! Would love to hear what you are thinking!

Torterrable

I'd love for a bit more backstory on the Knowing. It is vaguely understood who they are, but to what end do they act? Why do they act towards this end? How do they view the monsters they create; Are they unleashed destroyers of an unworthy humankind, or as dangerous servants to be controlled? Hopefully elaborating on that would be awesome for adding more to character sheets.

Also, about the monsters, do they need to have a logical backstory originating in humanity? Or can they simply be called by ritual and thought of bloodshed?  Most monsters are unleashed and known by the Knowing, I would guess, but what if there were a few free spirits in there? Dangerous entities under the control of only themselves?

Will the limit on monster characters ever rise? I understand why it's there, of course, but I really want to play this one image, a beast from one of my favorite authors.

AffablyEvil

Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Torterrable

I wish :P I've never read H.P. Lovecraft, actually. It is a regret that I plan not to carry. No, Rick Yancey, arguably one of the best YA horror authors out there (and one of the only ones who doesn't focus on romance in his awesome conveyance of horror). The most awesome thing about his writing, in my opinion, is the depth he lends to the monsters he creates.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Torterrable on September 28, 2014, 10:24:27 AM
I'd love for a bit more backstory on the Knowing. It is vaguely understood who they are, but to what end do they act? Why do they act towards this end? How do they view the monsters they create; Are they unleashed destroyers of an unworthy humankind, or as dangerous servants to be controlled? Hopefully elaborating on that would be awesome for adding more to character sheets.

Also, about the monsters, do they need to have a logical backstory originating in humanity? Or can they simply be called by ritual and thought of bloodshed?  Most monsters are unleashed and known by the Knowing, I would guess, but what if there were a few free spirits in there? Dangerous entities under the control of only themselves?

Will the limit on monster characters ever rise? I understand why it's there, of course, but I really want to play this one image, a beast from one of my favorite authors.

These are all great questions and I have some answers to them, but I'm going to wait until I discuss them further with Sindra and Strangefate. I'll throw an announcement basically to give you a firm idea of the Knowing - in case you were wanting to make one of those characters.

As of right now, since monsters are being so heavily looked into and we're still ironing out their function in the RP and how they're going to be interacting with victims, main characters, and knowing. Well... basically that will be elaborated on a bit as well.

So, if you don't mind waiting a little bit I'll get some firm answers for you. :) Just want to make sure I discuss it with a few others first.

TeacupTwink

Name: Tyler Moore

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: Cashier and hired help at his father's Live-Bait shop near the docks that also rents rowboats.

Physical Description:  Has a long slender torso with decently chiseled abs. His hips are pierced with a set of two studs and a spike-piercing above those on each hip giving him a semi-manufactured look.  They flow down his hips just barely leaning inward hinting towards that V-shaped Adonis belt. His ears are pierced numerously.

Song lyrics are tattooed along his left rib. starting on the lowest part of his chest to just below his lowest rib in poetic looking writing.  An old black and white cow-boy pistol with gothic designs are on the side of his leg on the outer-side of his thigh near his ass tilted as though it were being held by something on his right side and could be pulled out at any time.  ---- Finally a Ouija board with just the letters  - title and Yes or no are tattooed in Old English lettering across his upper back. The glass piece that chooses and selects each letter  is on the back of his neck.

His left wrist has lines for music with notes on each line that can actually be played. Each of the lines done long ways as if they were cut up and down slits leave it in three uneven length lines. The lines fading at the ends in a cool effect.

Personality: Calm, chill, cool. He's rather laid back, that cool kid that was easy going and looked like he should be in a band? That is him. A slight sense of humor and a stare that always says he's down for whatever is going to happen. He still remains polite and nice in what he does while working, little do they know the trickster he really is and that it is all an act.

History: Born and raised in Nightwood Falls, he knows it all. He's seen it all, he loves it all. He's a bit twisted in certain ways, actually selling some people boats with holes in them so that they sink and drown when they are so far out. If they try and swim back to shore or up to the docks, he's not below stomping their fingers while he's out for a smoke or even burning them. Tyler, he has a dark side. His dark side isn't all just from hating to work at some wooden crap-shack of a bait shop either.

He sees helping the cycle and to feed this darkness as a way to also help his dead mother who is now one of them, along with his boyfriend who died in an accident. His mother died when he was seven due to reasons he still doesn't fully know. However he's seen one of the monsters lurking about that resemble her heavily. While his father won't tell him, somehow he just knows. Perhaps he doesn't want that precious little boy to know his mother has become one of them.  Tyler however doesn't see it as the worst thing possible. Working at his father's bait-shop as a cover to do what he needs to do, he gladly services the cult as he can. The entire thing funded in no way that outsiders can find out. Rarely anyone fishes, no one fishes there that knows its secrets. However there are always those foolish tourists and people on vacation.

He has only been a part of the cult for two years, but he has known about them for since he was ten. Three years after his mother's death. His father had been approached long ago to join as they owned the bait-shop right on the docks. It was prime real estate and he would be excessively useful if covering up was ever needed or someone fled for safety in that rickety shack. Now however, his father is older and a drunk from guilt of offering his own wife during a cycle of maniacal trains of thought. Tyler however doesn't know who exactly did it, he doesn't know if it was one of those now dead people trying to protect themselves or someone jealous in the cult. He'd never suspect his own father.

• Calm - Does not  scare, usually ever. He seems unphased 90% of the time and as if he has been here and done that before.
  • Liar - An extremely good liar and actor, he can get people to believe anything.

• Too Cool - Though charming, his too cool act can sometimes rub others the wrong way when he isn't in work mode. He can easily make other males jealous and come off too cocky.
  • Skinny - The boy is fit, but that lean muscle can only get him so far. His bones can more easily be broken.

List your O&O: No limits outside of scat or ending up as a creepy human worm. Ew.

Specify Ons: Receiving or giving anal. Knife play, oral, biting , cutting, non-consensual, multiple penetration, stomach bulging , verbal abuse,  hair pulling , bondage, power bottoming , flirting, watersports, choking, necrophilia ( loves the thought of it, he's a sicko. )

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Scat, maggots, electricution , heavy burning , cannibalism

Sexuality: " Bisexual " but only goes for men. Once again, a case of his lying. 

Content Level:Hell

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, Hell

Face Claim?: Patrick Tanner I think is his name?

Extra Picture

Rel Mayer

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 27, 2014, 11:31:51 PM

Please make a sheet and I'm so excited to see that you got Gnothi in on this as well.

Join us...Gnothi!!!

I'm definitely in.

Just have to figure out when I can work on some background/story building with Howling about our characters.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories