News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New World of Warcraft cinematic for Panderia

Started by Chris Brady, August 16, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I don't understand where all the "cutesy" come from, the Panderans have some pretty awesome factions within the game.

The Shado Pan, the uprising against the Mogu, the eternal war with the Klaxxi. I love the scenery and the feel you get from Panderia.

Naiah

The actual Pandas, far too cutesy. Many of the quests are silly too. Granted funny, but just adds to them being too cute. All the frigging BUNNIES! Wtf is up with the rabid BUNNIES!? Arggh..

Arohk

I think they are portrayed ridiculously in the regard that they are severe alcoholics.

First major town you get to in the Jade Forest? 10 different booze vendors.

Defensive skill along with some other skills in a Pandaren character's Spellbook? Has booze.

Instance? Brewery.

Not to mention the COUNTLESS barrels of booze and everything else pertaining EVERYWHERE.

I appreciate things having adult flavor and having the bravery to put alcohol into the game, but GOOD GOD. That is more booze than I have EVER seen throughout my 6 years of playing the MMO. As far as I am concerned, along with them being a horrible design choice, they are a bunch of filthy drunks.

Naiah

Arohk

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Arohk on November 05, 2012, 07:21:00 PM
Well, they are! :P

Which is why they like to hang out in Ironforge with the Dwarfs! Aye!

Naiah

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 05, 2012, 08:43:54 PM
Which is why they like to hang out in Ironforge with the Dwarfs! Aye!

I dunno, I mean, when was the last time you saw 90% of the Dwarven lands nothing but breweries?  Arohk has a point, the Pandas are nothing but drunks!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Naiah

Prolly why they have the 50% reduced falling damage! Damn drunks...

Arohk

The revolution has begun! Inform the media!

To mention, isn't the tank class of Monk called Brewmaster? Yep. Rest my case.

Also, this topic is now making me laugh pretty hard. Awesome. XD

Aiden

And the Brewmaster does drunken kungfu, I love seeing my panda monk swagger around in a dungeon.

Chris Brady

Might pick up the 10 day Pandaland trial, see about makin' a Monk, see what they've changed from early beta.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Arohk

Personally I don't think it's worth it. Unless you have a good group to Raid with and whatnot, it's very boring. I am lucky I have a good group. But PvP is rather broken and there are really only Dailies to do. Unless you like Pokemon Pet Battles.

The most fun I have had so far is in Heart of Fear, the new Raid that was out last week. Calls me back to fond times of Raiding instead of the gimmicky crap they put out for Vaults. Just my opinion, of course. But I am having legit fun in the new Raid.

Chris Brady

Arohk

I love the Pokemon games. I just don't want it in my WoW. To me, it's like mixing mayonnaise and chocolate ice cream. Blech.

Naiah

Daaaailies.. omg sooo many frigging daaailies..

Arohk

I'm thankfully Exalted in most of the new ones now... It's just Shado-Pan that really is giving me problems. As a Resto Druid I find them incredibly annoying. It's the only ones that have really given me pause to do them. It's the only one besides August Celestials that I need. My August Celestials is almost done though.

Naiah

I gave up and stopped playing almost all together as I joined here :P So I will have so many to do if I ever go back :P

Chris Brady

Like I said, I will not buy this expansion.  Ever.

Naiah

Yea dont blame you, for the first time ever I am considering stopping the subscription, but meh, dunno..

Chris Brady

I still play, only because I have to.  I got the one year sub for Diablo 3.  Which, although, yes, it's not worth the 60 retail (40?  Yeah) it's still a fun game to play.

Naiah

Yea did the same, but for the mount :P Was a bit pissed as Diablo was just like WoW in so many ways, I dont neeed more quests! I dont neeed to kill zombies, I already aaam killing shit :P

Aiden

You guys sounds like the battered spouses of Blizzard group.

I'm having a blast with Panderia, yea I have dailies to do and in order to finish the story line you need to reach certain reputation points but it is like any other game.

You can't start a game and get to the end right away, you need to put in time.

Some of the dailies are super fun, like the training in the tiger temple. Well i won't go into detail since you guys won't ever play it.

And you don't HAVE to play even if you got a full year of wow from the annual pass, just let it rot away if wow is so "evil".

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Naiah on November 07, 2012, 02:25:30 PM
Yea did the same, but for the mount :P Was a bit pissed as Diablo was just like WoW in so many ways, I dont neeed more quests! I dont neeed to kill zombies, I already aaam killing shit :P

Technically WoW is like Diablo, the Big D (and D2) came first...D2 had an extensive quest system.

Naiah

Ya and I was hoping it wasnt! (Diablo that is)

And Aiden I do like some of it, just this time around, so much more less than f.ex when Lich King came out. The Pandas are just not doing it for me :P I like the more badass characters I guess..