Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slywyn

I wanted Tali from the first. So that wasn't even really a choice for me. xD
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Aragem

That's just the thing.  You can choose not to have a relationship in ME1.  You just not pursued the two love options or you turned them both down.

Slywyn

But Liara in 1 was also cute. Tali was just even more so in 2. And I'm a sucker for cute. >_>
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Aragem

I like cute and sweet in girls.

But in guys, I like a touch of danger.

Garras has always been sexy to me, but in Mass Effect 2. . . .RAWR!!!!  Just seeing him sit back and cock that sniper rifle across his lap and I was wanting to jump his bones.

Thane, at first wasn't that appealing, but when he started calling me siha and teased me about telling me what it means later. . . .I was his. 

Oho, so my suspicion was accurate then... neat.

Inkidu

I see no one is moving for Jack then, because... those are some waters I won't probably ever sail. She scares me...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

I just adore how Mordin gives sex advice when it seems you are going to have sex with a character.

Makes ya wonder.  I really wished that Bioware would have given us access to those education vids that Mordin sends to the captain's quarters. 

My question is, what alien would you have sex with?

Mine is Turian or Drell.

Violence

Specifically from Mass Effect?

My female Shepard ended up with Garrus, which was mostly on accident but I was pretty okay with it.  But I don't think I've ever seen a female Turian.

First instinct would be to say the Asari, I guess.  But for some reason I just never really liked any of them.  At least not any of the ones that join you on your quest.

So I'd probably opt to "share atmosphere" with a Quarian girl.  Probably just out of sheer curiosity.

It should also be noted that while I don't imagine I would be pleased with the experience, were I propositioned by a Krogan woman... I don't think I would be in any position to say "no".

If we were going with any alien species from Sci-Fi in general, though, I'd probably have to say a Bajoran girl.  Which I guess is kind of a cop-out as far as Xenophilia goes. ^.^;; But I love the Bajorans.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Sabby

Hanaar... they're just a talking Fleshlight.

Aragem

You do talk to an Asari that talked about finding comfort in the arms of turians, elcor, and Hanar. . . . . :o

thebobmaster

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Inkidu

I think Jack in general is probably a homage/quip/tribute as the older version of the Pitch Black character. It's just too similar.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

I thought Chronicles of Riddick when they said her name was Jack.

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on February 07, 2010, 02:20:34 PM
I thought Chronicles of Riddick when they said her name was Jack.
Nope the call her Jack once or twice in Pitch Black (actually the passenger manifest had her down as Jack B. Bad).

Aragem

Hmmm, where can you read the manifest?

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on February 07, 2010, 02:27:06 PM
Hmmm, where can you read the manifest?
I got it from watching all the special features on the Chronicles of Riddick DVD it's in there. It could very well be Pitch Black or Dark Fury but Chronicles is where I throw my money.

It's been a while since I watched it. I think it was a staff joke.

Aragem

It's more like a combination.

In Pitch Black, the girl had shaven her hair to look like a boy so no one would "mess with her". 

In Chronicles, Jack had become hardcore bitch much like Subject 0 had.  Having been used and abused by everyone around her.

Xenophile

Now that we're comparing Pitch Black stuff with Jack...

Do ya'll remember the Scene with Jack in the prison cell, with her arms and legs spread and attached to large metallic seals? Wasn't there something similar to Riddick in Pitch Black?
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Aragem

QuoteNow that we're comparing Pitch Black stuff with Jack...

Do ya'll remember the Scene with Jack in the prison cell, with her arms and legs spread and attached to large metallic seals? Wasn't there something similar to Riddick in Pitch Black?

Well, I think so.  He wasn't put into a cryo-unit like Jack, at least not like that, but there have been a few scenes were he was restrained in such a fashion.  But then again, there are lots of sci-fi flicks and even anime scenes were characters were restrained in such fashions, so I don't think its ode to anything.

Just that she's a dangerous bitch that needed extra restraint than other prisoners.

Le RandomBloke

Quote from: Spectfade on February 05, 2010, 02:43:12 PM
I wanted Tali from the first. So that wasn't even really a choice for me. xD

This.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

TheWriter

Pitch Black was on TV here just last night.  I had forgotten entirely that Claudia Black (Admiral Xen, Morrigan from Dragon Age) was in it.

Brandon

First off, theres gonna be spoilers in this post. You've been warned.

Anyway, I just finished the game about a half hour ago. I took that long because I wanted to replay the first one so I could get all the story elements fresh into my mind before beginning the new adventure and because I like to play on Insanity difficulty. I uploaded my Paragon infiltrator which was also a female with no relationships in the first game. For the second game I was hitting on Kelly constantly and got pissed when the collectors kidnapped her. I also explored a relationship with Tali (my favorite character from both games) but we didn't end up in bed together, probably due to me playing a female which is a shame (if I'm wrong here please let me know)

I gotta say I like the new combat system, its less run and gun for me and more tactical gunplay/power usage which fits my play style better (especially with the harder difficulties). I felt the story and world weren't as good in this installment though. For one thing the setting just seems smaller even though its on two disks. The story's lack of value comes more from the fact that its the middle child in a trilogy rather then just being worse then the last one but it still had compelling points into it like the human reaper at the end. All that said, I still had fun with it. ME2 showed the darker side of the galaxy which was an interesting change but I don't think I would call it the best change for the game (probably due to my dislike of mafia-esque settings though)

A couple of things that bug me about the setting are thus: I have yet to see any female Krogan, Drell, Turians, Bataran, Elcor, or Volus (unless these races are asexual and I don't know it).

From talking to Tali in the first game (I took her and Liara on all my missions) I was under the impression that the Qaurian's when in the migrant fleet didn't wear suits. They suffered from weak immune systems because of it and occasionally when environmental filters failed on occasion people died. That got turned around into everyone wearing suits even on the migrant fleet which annoyed me

Liara's change annoyed me too, did Shepard dying really make her change so much? I think there is still good in her but shes caught up in underworld politics and trying to out maneuver or out do the shadow broker

I wanted to kill Mordin when I found out he not only worked on but updated the Genophage. From my point of view the Genophage isn't population control as he says but mass murder of a proud and downtrodden people. I made him save the data from his assistant though so maybe we can get it cured in the next game.

When I met Ashley I was ecstatic, thinking she would join the team especially with how close we got in the first game but she just walked off, mad that I didn't contact her even though I tried to through Anderson (my council member of choice). I wanted to yell "I Tried to contact you but Captain Anderson wouldnt let me because I was working with Cerberus!" but that option wasnt there *grumbles*

The most interesting character in the whole game, for me, was Legion. In the first game you run across a few different pieces of evidence that suggest the geth are religious but it turning out to be a small offshoot or cult was an interesting twist that I loved. I just wish he could have been there for more of the game and that he didn't die when we assaulted the collector base (my only casualty too)

Overall it was a fun game and Im looking forward to the next one
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play