Seeking Rules-based RPG without a PG-13 Limit

Started by atenai, September 17, 2013, 12:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atenai

I've played RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons for years, but as I got older many of my characters got more mature. Women who would sell their bodies to get past security, or who got down and dirty with their companions when the nights got cold. But so far the only play-by-post sites I've played on all have a PG-13 cut off. This gets on my nerves after awhile.

I'd like to find a small group (maybe 4-5 players plus a Game Master) to play a rules-based game that won't limit the sexual tendencies involved. I'm not looking to GM, I'd like to play/ I'm open to ideas for what system, I've played standard Dungeons & Dragons and had dirty character ideas, and then I've played World of Darkness games which seem to really lend themselves well to such ideas. I'm not even seeking a 100% sexual game, just one that doesn't restrict us when we do want to take the characters there. I'm aware that as a small group game, sex scenes might limit participation (only two characters involved for a while) but I think that if we're fair and let everyone get their turn in the spotlight, that shouldn't be something we can't get past.

Elliquiy doesn't have dice, which might present a problem, but perhaps there's a way to get over that? Worst case scenario the GM could make all rolls and determine everything him/herself.

Does anyone have a game like this that they'd recommend, or want to start? I've looked through the first page of ads so far and the closest I saw was a Werewolf WoD game for which I lack the experience. Are there other rulesets I'm overlooking that might lend themselves well to an adult-themed game?

Yes, I know this is a very open-ended request. I figure I'm going to catch more people that way. Here's hoping, anyway.
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

RubySlippers

I'd play I love DnD and there is a Dice Roller here see Dice Bot above most games you roll, cut and paste the results in the game thread.

I can run a few games the Basic Fantasy RPG *its basic old school and free* www.basicfantasy.org or Star Trek Deep Space 9 [Last Unicorn Games] but my DnD 3.0 set is incomplete.

atenai

Oops, totally forgot about the dice bot. I've even test rolled. Now don't I feel stupid. :p

I've never played either of those systems, but the D&D system is mostly Open Gaming License. There are a few different reference documents out there. Might not have all the expansion books, but most of it's covered. I'm open, though, to whatever rules are easiest for the GM and group. I'll take a look when I wake up tomorrow.
~Atenai

Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Rhaegar14

If I may, Zaer Darkwail has a 3.5e D&D Eberron game that's currently recruiting right here. There are currently four potential players out of four slots, but the slots do not go on a first come, first serve basis, and if you're willing to play one of two fairly specific roles you don't count as one of those four slots.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Laughing Hyena

There is also Age of Adventure being hosted by Innerant Lust also found in the groups interest threads

Tamhansen

I'd be willing to run a more traditional D&D game if you would be open to the 3.5 rules. They're mostly the same, but better balanced. Perhaps a forgotten realms campaign?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

kckolbe

I've actually always wanted to try Forgotten Realms.  I've played a lot of Neverwinter Nights, after all.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I have to admit, for a Forgotten Realms campaign, I do have a character idea I've been wanting to play.  The character would probably fit best with a campaign centered around the Zhentarim, though, and I know that not everybody is interested in evil campaigns. ^^;

atenai

Of course the first suggestions would involve the canon settings... *sigh* I've never played them. Either Eberron or Forgotten Realms. Too many homebrew games to enjoy. Are there guides to those settings that anyone could recommend to me? I'm open to 3.5e or Pathfinder, I think I play mostly Pathfinder these days but I'll live.

@Hyena: 4e isn't OGL content, is it? I imagine that means I can't play Age of Adventure, but you never know.

@Katataban: What kind of game would you run? Something standard dungeon crawl (in magic skirts)? Or what?
~Atenai

Tamhansen

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 03:44:49 PM
Of course the first suggestions would involve the canon settings... *sigh* I've never played them. Either Eberron or Forgotten Realms. Too many homebrew games to enjoy. Are there guides to those settings that anyone could recommend to me? I'm open to 3.5e or Pathfinder, I think I play mostly Pathfinder these days but I'll live.

@Hyena: 4e isn't OGL content, is it? I imagine that means I can't play Age of Adventure, but you never know.

@Katataban: What kind of game would you run? Something standard dungeon crawl (in magic skirts)? Or what?

Well I only suggested FR, because that is what most people are familiar with, plus it is a very basic high fantasy setting. I mean most other settings like PF's Golarion are nearly completely copied from it. But I'm happy to use Golarion as a world if you like.

As for the kind of campaign, I'd prefer some dungeoneering, mixed in with overland adventures, there's always cities to get into trouble in. As for magic skirts I prefer plaid ;)
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Forgotten Realms is a nice setting with lots of options. If 3.5 or Pathfinder would be interested hell any version of DND is fine.

godfang

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 17, 2013, 12:19:49 PM
Hmm.  I have to admit, for a Forgotten Realms campaign, I do have a character idea I've been wanting to play.  The character would probably fit best with a campaign centered around the Zhentarim, though, and I know that not everybody is interested in evil campaigns. ^^;

i had a request thread for an evil party PF awhile ago, i can try it again if people are interested

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172439.0

atenai

Quote from: Katataban on September 17, 2013, 04:22:51 PM
Well I only suggested FR, because that is what most people are familiar with, plus it is a very basic high fantasy setting. I mean most other settings like PF's Golarion are nearly completely copied from it. But I'm happy to use Golarion as a world if you like.

As for the kind of campaign, I'd prefer some dungeoneering, mixed in with overland adventures, there's always cities to get into trouble in. As for magic skirts I prefer plaid ;)
I'm unfamiliar with any standard settings, so regardless of where you decide to set the campaign, I'll need to catch up (or get filled in as we go). So FR works for me if you're willing to ignore my pathetic understanding of the world. But plaid skirts it is!

Ruby, what're you interested in playing? I'll need to glance through the 3.5 classes... playing a Pathfinder sorcerer for long enough makes me forget what a 3.5e sorcerer is even like. But I think I might want to play a hands-on gal, since part of the fun in an R-rated D&D game will be to flirt your way past guards, offer sexual favors for information... that sort of thing. Perhaps monster sex... since, well... it's D&D. There have to be monsters.
~Atenai

Kunoichi

Quote from: godfang on September 17, 2013, 06:30:26 PM
i had a request thread for an evil party PF awhile ago, i can try it again if people are interested

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172439.0

Unfortunately, while I'd be willing to port the character over to a different setting, mechanically she just wouldn't work in Pathfinder. ^^; It would have to be a 3.5 game, I'm afraid.

Tamhansen

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
I'm unfamiliar with any standard settings, so regardless of where you decide to set the campaign, I'll need to catch up (or get filled in as we go). So FR works for me if you're willing to ignore my pathetic understanding of the world. But plaid skirts it is!

Ruby, what're you interested in playing? I'll need to glance through the 3.5 classes... playing a Pathfinder sorcerer for long enough makes me forget what a 3.5e sorcerer is even like. But I think I might want to play a hands-on gal, since part of the fun in an R-rated D&D game will be to flirt your way past guards, offer sexual favors for information... that sort of thing. Perhaps monster sex... since, well... it's D&D. There have to be monsters.

The advantage of Faerun is that as I said it follows very standard conventions. There's no need to know the entire setting by heart. It's nearly impossible anyway. I'll provide a map of the area, and some information about the major cities and important structures.
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 07:40:12 PM

No one evil or that supports evil I'm a believer one should still be constructive and make the world better, even if one is not heroic.

If its 3.5 likely a cleric its a self contained character class with good selections of armor, weapons, spells and they can turn undead how can you go wrong. If Forgotten Realms likely will aim for the Prestige Classes Divine Disciple then Hierophant someday. Not sure of a deity I'm thinking Sune.

atenai

I have a character in mind that could be very interesting, but I'm not sure how to build her mechanically. I had a character who basically worked as a barmaid to cover the fact that she bought and sold information. Secrets, blackmail, that sort of thing. It might make for a really fun character in an R-rated game, but she was settled enough in her life that I'm not sure she'd adventure. Maybe I need to come up with someone else.
~Atenai

Thorne

I've yet to see one go through, but I'd be interested to play, if one got started.
I haven't played 3.5e in a while... actually, since PF came out - but I do still have access to the materials and suchlike to build characters.
Book of Erotic Fantasy in play? >.>

Atenai: That sounds like a rogue or bard type character, to me - a socially oriented rogue, mebbe?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Kunoichi

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
I have a character in mind that could be very interesting, but I'm not sure how to build her mechanically. I had a character who basically worked as a barmaid to cover the fact that she bought and sold information. Secrets, blackmail, that sort of thing. It might make for a really fun character in an R-rated game, but she was settled enough in her life that I'm not sure she'd adventure. Maybe I need to come up with someone else.

Interestingly enough, if Katataban did wind up running a game centered around the Zhentarim, a character like that would fit in pretty well.  The Zhentarim are a major criminal organization in the Forgotten Realms setting, so of course they have an extensive spy network as well...

Tamhansen

Clerics are the backbone of any effective party.
And yes, the goddess of love and passion would fit the idea of the campaign perfectly.

probably start it off in Waterdeep. Easy to work with, everything's there, and close to a few nice adventuring spots for early levels.

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 08:32:52 PM

Well a character like that could work very well. Building it mechanically is easy enough. Bard or rogue seem the obvious choices. Charisma as primary stat, Int and Dex up there, for weapons either go ranged or take weapon finesse.

Quote from: Thorne on September 17, 2013, 08:35:29 PM
Book of Erotic Fantasy in play? >.>

I like the BEF, but some things in there might squeak people out. I'll put it to a vote.
ons and offs

atenai

I have the BoEF, but I've never actually spent time reading it, given a lack of previous place to use the materials. >:) I'm certainly open to it, being the one seeking an R-rated adventure. ;D

It seems like making a CHA-centric rogue is wasteful. Maybe that's just me. I'm gonna have to read both classes in more detail... I've no idea when I played a 3.5e bard or rogue last. Years, definitely. Which is almost sad. I don't think I can get too much done on this character today, but I'll try to devote some time tomorrow to making decisions, even if not the full character workup.

Can I ask for a head count, here, of players and characters? All the players appear to be female, which might make for a mighty amusing game if all the characters are female too. I, for one, don't usually play men. So I'm planning on a woman. Katataban may have to find a whole gang of NPC men for this... :P
~Atenai

Countdown0

Its been too long since I've played a good game of 3.5 Ed.

Would there be room for me to join? I'd probably look to play a fighter or barbarian, so I could do the front line business for the party. I know how to build characters well, so how I make him would depend entirely on the limitations of the DM :D

Assuming I'm accepted of course.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

kckolbe

If accepted, I would be playing a male character, pretty flexible on concept.  Can't play druids or paladins, though.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Tamhansen

Quote from: atenai on September 17, 2013, 09:43:15 PM
I have the BoEF, but I've never actually spent time reading it, given a lack of previous place to use the materials. >:) I'm certainly open to it, being the one seeking an R-rated adventure. ;D

It seems like making a CHA-centric rogue is wasteful. Maybe that's just me. I'm gonna have to read both classes in more detail... I've no idea when I played a 3.5e bard or rogue last. Years, definitely. Which is almost sad. I don't think I can get too much done on this character today, but I'll try to devote some time tomorrow to making decisions, even if not the full character workup.

Can I ask for a head count, here, of players and characters? All the players appear to be female, which might make for a mighty amusing game if all the characters are female too. I, for one, don't usually play men. So I'm planning on a woman. Katataban may have to find a whole gang of NPC men for this... :P

Oooh an all female party. Monsters beware. These baddies might die with a smile on their face.

I think you Kunoichi and ruby were the only ones confirmed so far. Leaves one or two players which we will accept based on merit of their concept.

As for a CHA rogue, well it's basically to max out skills like diplomacy, innuendo, and perform (sexual techniques) But I reckon you could go for other skills though. As for stats and stuff I will make an OoC thread with all the rules. Then those accepted can create characters
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Now to roll dice or not to roll dice for ability scores that is the question, is it nobler in the way of gaming to roll or not to roll?  :D

Depends on starting level I might have my character start as a virgin.  ;D