Persona: Secundum Vestri Umbra

Started by Hikari, March 26, 2010, 05:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriusBEN

That depends on what the players choose for their personas. While its true that Emporer is slanted to Lightning, Chariot to Physical, and Death to Darkness, it's not all inclusive. There are minor exceptions to everything in this universe.

The following is what I took away from P4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont take them as rules. It is just for sparking ideas for players and helping understand the Persona Universe.

If I remember right, Persona traits were Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Light, Darkness, Almighty, Physical, Support, Ailment, and Recovery. Their opposites would be Fire and Ice, Lightning and Wind, Light and Darkness, Ailment and Recovery.
Almighty, Physical, and Support are stand alone.

Resistance Levels range from Weakness, Normal, Strong, Reflect, Nullify, Absorb.
Reflect is a bit of a wildcard because of the possibly to reflect a Fire attack back on a shadow that absorbs fire. Reflect only bounces once, no ping pong effects.

Almighty is defined as the stuff of the universe, Radiation damage or the pure energy of Stars. You can not be strong or weak against this trait.
Physical *can* develop a resistance to Physical, but that is rare and only occurs in High Level Personas.

Ailments and Support abilities are wonderful in this universe because you nor "bosses" are immune to them. You can be poisoned just as easily as the enemy can. The only ways to remove Ailments are to cast the appropriate Recovery Spell or end combat. To remove a Support Debuff you must cast the appropriate Support Buff and vice versa.

(I dont think being weak to Physical is an option for Persona users due to the prevelance of regular attacks, though some shadows are weak to physical attacks. For game balance, I am assuming a Strong Physical resistance is the highest one can achieve in our game, Physical Skills that all a chance for stronger resistances might be a possibility)

ReijiTabibito

Persona Traits - You got those right.  Opposites aren't necessarily balanced, though.  I've seen Lightning-based Persona that don't have a weakness to Wind.  It's just a general guideline.  For example, take P4 - Naoto's starting Persona, Sukuna-Hikona, is Normal against everything, but resistant to both Light and Dark.

For Hikari, when you read this...I have a recommendation for Persona building, if you're going to do that.  Give characters a pool of 12-15 points (it's hard to pin down a specific number) to distribute to their Persona statistics (Strength, Magic, Endurance, Agility, Luck).  Also, most protagonist (not just the MC) get an automatic Resistance, at the very least, to the element of their Arcana.  Emperors get Lightning, Justice gets Light, Death gets Dark, etc, along with a weakness to their opposing element.  I would recommend carrying this over - but possibly letting characters choose their weakness, since opposing elemental Resistance is only a guideline.

Resistance Levels - You got all those right...but I believe Strong is actually called Resist.

NotoriusBEN

Yes, Im correcting some of the language in the post above. Persona *traits* have opposites, but Resistances can be across the board. It is really hard to teach wind spells and effects to a lightning traited persona.

QuoteResistance Levels - You got all those right...but I believe Strong is actually called Resist.
Im sticking with the term "Strong" to keep terms and definitions seperate. (But I understand what you mean because in combat, "RESIST!" pops up in combat when an enemy takes such an attack.)

Empyrean

Here's a rough sketch of my character.

Name: Tokiko Kitakawa
Major Arcana: Moon
Persona: Ame-no-Uzume (evolves to a feminine Tsukiyomi-no-Mikoto)

Appearance: Tokiko is a slightly-built girl who makes it a point to stand out. Her hair is (currently) dyed in a rainbow fractal pattern on one side and silver on the other. It's done up in odango with braids (think Sailor Moon's hair), and tricked out with bright ribbons and bows in a riot of colors. She sometimes wears a headband with fuzzy black or white cat ears as well. Although she's forced to wear the standard uniform at school, she livens it up with various Shinto charms and figurines of anime characters. Her eyes change color weekly and sometimes daily, thanks to a variety of colored contact lenses. Her nails are painted with star-and-spiral patterns in different colors, and are sparkled with rainbow glitter. Rainbow glitter can sometimes be seen on her face too.

Outside of school she kicks it up a notch. With no uniform requirement she tends to dress as if an anime convention exploded all over her. Basically, the more bizarre and attention-grabbing it is, the better she likes it.   

Personality: A first-year girl who hates the bland conformity her parents have thrust her into. Her parents are conservative, fairly well-off, and distant. Most of Tokiko's early life involved a stream of nannies and caretakers, and nowadays her parents are busy with their business and legal concerns. From an early age Tokiko wanted to be different and now that she's a teenager, she's gone to the far end of "out there" to be different and get attention. She dreams of being an idol, adored by millions and unique from the crowd. She's even put in applications with various modeling companies, gravure outfits, and voice-acting companies, hoping to be discovered. She's kind of disconnected and dreamy, living in an online world of fantasy when not dragged back to deal with a reality that bores her. She's smart but hardly applies herself to school and is athletic but not really focused. Most of the time she can be found listening to her iPod or filming her life with her mini-cam. She's always on the lookout for the next interesting thing, whatever that is to her. 

Creeper

Is there a Japanese analog to 'John Smith'? Some sort of common everyman name? The character that I am working on has a difficult to pronouce natural name and would change it for everyday speech in japan.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

ReijiTabibito

Yamada is the closest Japanese surname to Smith.  As for first names, I have no idea what would be the equivalent.

Hikari

Quote from: Creeper on March 29, 2010, 07:24:58 PM
Is there a Japanese analog to 'John Smith'? Some sort of common everyman name? The character that I am working on has a difficult to pronouce natural name and would change it for everyday speech in japan.

Akira is probably the most common given name in Japan, though it isn't quite as gender-specific as John.  Takashi is also very popular, and made somewhat worse by other very popular names that sound similar (Takeshi, Tadashi, etc.)  There are also several relatively common names that can be shortened to 'Ken', like Kenji, Ken'ichi, or Kenzo, and just plain ol' Ken, which may closer approximate the effect of all the Johns and Jonathans of the world.

I'll try to have an update together tonight.  Been a busy couple of days.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

ReijiTabibito

That does sound good.  Quick question, though - how are you going to determine what Arcana starts with what sort of abilities?  Or is that a dimension that we aren't going into in this game?  I ask because I'm still trying to decide on what sort of Arcana I should pick, and what abilities an Arcana has access to will help a lot.

Schrödinger

Posting a preliminary character summary. Hope this can fit in, well-willing to change him around. This is just what came to me first, as well as the accompanying Persona. I believe I'll stick to the Graeco-Roman mythology of P3, though  :-)

Name: Uedo Norio  (上土  法男)
Year: 2nd class
Major Arcana: Tower
Persona: Kronos

Uedo Norio, born as the first son of the family, was to be the proud and joy of his parents as he moved on to Gekkoukan High. All's well and good until about fifteen months ago when his parents died in a metro crash, leaving the eldest son to tend for his two younger siblings as their caretaker in their stead. Things haven't been all that well afterwards. Feeling he needed to take care of his family, Norio decided to take up on parenting for his kid sister Miaki and kid brother Soushou and trying to balance that with his high school curriculum. Suffice to say, he had more than a hard time doing so - he had, to put it very simply, failed. Always at odds with custody services and a need to prove himself to his late mother and father, he tried to be an upstanding father figure to his kid siblings, but struggled with the forced role of a parent when he himself was still a teenager with his own insecurities. About a year in, child protective custody stepped in, taking his siblings away from him and putting him in a foster home as well. While it was reasonable, even needed for the children and himself, Norio had turned bitter ever since for failing in his duties as the first son, the man of the family, and taken up on drinking at age 16. He honestly didn't put much of an effort in to try and be a good foster son for his very supportive new family, something he may yet open up to.

Norio is a young man with an ill reputation on Gekkoukan among his peers, angry, bitter, sometimes reeking of cheap beer. He does admirably (that is to say, averagely) on most subjects, given his reputation on the one hand, and the spotty attendance in year one otherwise, and he's civil enough, but that seems to have said it all. He dislikes talking about himself, or having to justify his behaviour to others, since "you don't know what it is to have walked a mile in my shoes, anyway; what I wouldn't give to walk a mile in your normal ones." His History teacher in particular seems worried about his progress to third year - which is more than any other teacher seems to be willing to think about for Norio. Norio has few interests, feeling burnt out and useless, trying to put away his failings behind him with what beer he can afford from the measly money he makes in his weekend job as a computer technician. He does have one love, which sprouted from his weekends spent drinking: karaoke.

Appearance-wise, Norio looks none too outstanding. A mop of dull brown hair, some unevenly spread stubble around his chin and jawline, and dull brown eyes stare ahead from his sockets. He tends to slouch, and his uniform is poorly kept. Does keep his shoes remarkably clean, though.

Kronos, or Cronus, is the manifestation of the tragedy that accompanies Sun's Saturn: while Saturn is the celebrated Roman god of agriculture, it is the direct paralel to the Greek Titan Kronos, who is usually seen as the antagonist to the Greek king of the gods Zeus. Kronos devoured his children in fear of them overruling him as leader of the universe, as foretold by his mother, Gaea. He devoured the children his wife Rhea begot him - Demeter, Hera, Hades, Hestia and Poseidon - until she hid away the youngest child, Zeus, and fed Kronos a stone in his stead. Zeus eventually freed his siblings from his father's stomach by cutting him open in his sleep, and would finally overthrow Kronos and his allies in the great Titanomachy, casting him first down into the depths of Tartarus.

Like Saturn, Kronos manifests as a burning figure with no lower limbs to speak of, in their stead burning flames sprouting from the elbows and knees. Kronos, however, is a figure turned upside-down, its leaden body seemingly boiling, and its head, stomach and groin blazing with a fierce blue fire against the leaden limbs that are turned skywards. It seems to be screaming, twisting, falling perpetually. With Saturn denoting accomplishments of the harvest and optimism, Kronos denotes failings and devestation. As Norio'd say: "apt."

Kronos manifested first before Norio when he went out on a night of binge drinking again, and found the clientele suddenly twisted into coffins. Figuring he had enough of a drink, he headed outside, which was his first encounter with roaming Shadows seeking out-of-the-coffin prey. For all he knew, they were wild dogs. He didn't snap out of it until his drunken courage turned to outright fear when the Shadows proved to be persistent harriers, before they were crashed into by the plummeting figure Kronos in a blaze of fire. He had no idea what the fuck. As far as Norio knows, this was the most fucked up drunken dream he ever had before. Norio spoke not a word about it. Something still seems to nag at him from deep inside, a reminder of his failings that wasn't as loud as before and that even his drinking couldn't quite drown out - Kronos.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

Crovonovin

May as well follow that lead, just to have something concrete down!

Name: Tsukiko Hirukawa
Year: Junior
Major Arcana: The Emperor
Persona: Chernabog

Appearance:  Hirukawa is a remarkably composed individual, never one to let her feelings get the better of her or allow anything more than the briefest sign of hesitation or discomfort to cross her pretty, if stern features.  This is a student that puts a great deal of care into maintaining her flawless appearance; manicured nails, gorgeous blond locks styled ever so perfectly, and milky white skin that seems better suited for a porcelain doll than a young woman.  She walks with the sort of confidence one would expect from a high-ranking businesswoman, professional one moment and subtly sensual the next.  Were it not for one irksome trait, one might easily mistake her for being several years more mature than she actually is.  Though she would never admit it aloud, Hirukawa is painfully envious of her more "well endowed" classmates.  Her glasses however are worn with pride, and she chooses to consider them the mark of a sophisticate rather than dwell on her imperfect vision.

Personality:  Hirukawa is as prim and proper as one would expect from someone with her stately countenance.  She follows the rules of respectful authority figures without question, shows an eagerness to provide answers and advice in her classes without stepping on the toes of other students or her teachers, and as the acting Vice-President of the student council she displays a willingness to elevate herself above many of the more apathetic pupils at Gekkoukan High.  Though she tries to be helpful to her peers when academics are concerned, she is notoriously impatient when dealing with known delinquents and layabouts.  Blusterous anger is not an emotion she is known for, but her trademark withering glare is known to chill the blood and make small children cry.

Only on those rare occasions where she believes herself to be completely alone does she dare to let the facade slip, the lovely lady's composure shattering into something resembling exhaustion.  But only for the briefest of moments, lest she be seen without her precious mask.

History:

The daughter of an American woman and native Japanese father, Hirukawa has never led a particularly stable life.  Animosity on both sides of the family concerning the union of her parents was omnipresent, though the brunt of the hostility came from her father's family due to their close proximity.  They were the sort of people to make cruel and subtle comments instead of saying anything directly, though her mother was always clever enough to pick up on what they meant.  It was an obvious strain on both of them, but such was their love for each other and their baby girl that they would not let the prejudices of their relatives weigh them down.

Throughout her early years Hirukawa was largely isolated, considered a curiosity at best and an oddity at worst for her bright hair colour and sharp blue eyes.  Rather than crumble beneath the whispering and laughter of her ignorant peers, the girl devoted herself totally to her schoolwork and voraciously devouring every book she got her little hands on.  It was an admittedly lonely existence, but the escape that literature provided was enough to keep her going.  Her parents were a supportive influence on her life, encouraging this desire for learning and buying her whatever books they could.  They were not a wealthy couple, particularly after their own parents refused to give them any further help, but with both of them working whatever jobs they could they managed to scrape by.  Happiness was the time they spent together, no matter how tough things sometimes got.

But this life was always a hair's breadth away from tragedy, and when Hirukawa was eleven years old her mother was taken from her by a nameless drunk with an itchy trigger finger.  Devastated, her father quickly became a worthless wreck of a man.  Though his family offered their consolations and their help with raising Hirukawa, he would have none of it.  Their callous attempts to set him up with other women so soon after the death of his first wife were met with hostility, and understandably so.  But as he became more withdrawn and isolated from the world, concern was raised as to the well-being of his daughter.  Though equally wounded by the loss of her mother, Hirukawa did not allow herself to sink to the same depths of despair.  Ever the precocious and intelligent child, she knew full well how to take care of herself without constant supervision.  Not wishing to have their son shamed further by relieving Hirukawa from his custody, she was allowed to remain with him as long as he posed no threat to her safety.

For the past six years she has juggled the demands of school, extracurricular activities, taking care of her slothful drunkard of a dad, and, most recently, a part-time job waitressing at a nearby restaurant.  She has grudgingly accepted the monetary aid of her father's parents until she is able to become financially dependent, considering herself nothing more than a leech until that day.  Hirukawa maintains a strict schedule, hastily eating breakfast and brushing her teeth, preparing her lunch, rushing to the school gym early in the morning, showering (primarily to reduce the water bill at her apartment), then heading off to classes for the rest of the day.  On those days where she doesn't have any Student Council business or work to attend to, she can usually be found hidden away in the library or running laps around the track.

Though Hirukawa has attracted some male (and female) admirers over the years, each one was rejected in turn.  Her beauty seems to be the only thing that attracts others to her, for she is otherwise not particularly popular or social.  Perhaps a particularly persistent man (or woman) could break through the shell she has erected around herself, but until now nobody has worked up the nerve to attempt it.

Persona:

Only recently was the presence of the Dark Hour made known to Hirukawa, and she has not yet had the chance to explore it in any depth.  She has, however, awakened the ability of her own unique Persona.

Chernabog: An oft forgotten figure of Slavonic mythology, Chernabog is a lesser demon of the earth that once sought to dominate the entire world.  He only managed to gain control over a few insignificant villages filled with weak and superstitious men and women before the Lord of the lands he was intruding upon sent a sizable force to stop him.  Though the demon possessed great physical strength and a mastery of lightning-based spells, his movements were far too slow and amateurish to put his deadly skills to good use, and he was summarily defeated and cast down in a pool of his own blood.  The demon cursed the mortal men that had defeated him, claiming that he would sleep for a thousand years, and that when he awakened his body would have transformed into that of a God's.  Chernabog fled from the site of his humiliation and returned to the depths of his mountain home, falling into a deep slumber.  Just as the demon foretold, it is said that should he ever return from the realm of dreams, his size and power will have increased ten-fold, and he will rend the very world asunder with his vengeance.

NotoriusBEN

I cast my head in shame :( You guys are able to come up with incredible bios on a whim.

Name:  Ben Khross
Year: Junior
Major Arcana: Chariot
Persona: Siegfried

Biography: Ben grew up in a military family, both parents from the United States, but they were stationed in Japan for years. Upon his father's retirement, they decided to stay. In school, he always sticks out slightly because of his looks, but he maintains high marks in school, notably English class, and participates in the school karate club.  His home life is typical, loving parents, bratty younger brother, mad dash to school in the mornings, and quiet strolls on his way home. It was actually his father's idea to place him in karate to "toughen up". Ben is uneasy in physical situations which is markedly better than the panic attacks he had in primary school, but if given the choice, he would rather talk or run from confrontation.

Persona: Ben's Persona only recently awakened when he fought off a shadow that attacked Ricky, his brother. Luckily, Ricky thought the whole incident a dream.

Siegfried is the penultimate fearless hero. He faced many trials in his life, but most notably he slew the dragon Fafnir, who symbolized betrayal and greed. Burning himself on Fafnir's partially cooked heart, he stuck his thumb into his mouth and tasted dragon's blood. Now able to talk to animals, Siegfried learned of Regin's plot to assassinate him and so slew Regin in turn. Towards the end of his epic, Siegfried only learns fear when he is wracked by indecision upon finding that the Armored Figure he fought was actually Bruunhilde, a woman. In desperation, he kisses Bruunhilde which breaks the curse placed upon her by the gods, and though hesitant at first, She is won over by Siegfried's love.

A heroic knight in armor, even though the actual Siegfried probably lacked as much due to him being a ranger/hunter kind of warrior. Ice can be associated with the Nordic theme as well, and maybe helps with establishing elemental affinity for the Persona. He lacks eyes, his visor blinding him, figured it'd fit with Ben's self-perceived cowardice, and the armored figure stands a nice contrast to the otherwise meek young man Ben seems to be.

Schrödinger

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on March 30, 2010, 07:22:49 PM
I cast my head in shame :( You guys are able to come up with incredible bios on a whim.

Don't worry too much about such, I'm being way too melodramatical anyway  :P

That reminds me, I should probably think up how Norio's Persona appeared to him.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]

Empyrean

Here's a more complete version of Tokiko, with links to pictures.

Name: Tokiko Kitakawa
Major Arcana: Moon
Quote: "Life is boring. Tokirin is here to make it fun!"

http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/Wiseman979/?action=view&current=TokikoKitakawa4.jpg

Appearance: Tokiko is a slightly-built girl who makes it a point to stand out. Her hair is (currently) dyed in a rainbow fractal pattern on one side and silver on the other. It's done up in odango with braids (think Sailor Moon's hair), and tricked out with bells and bright ribbons in a riot of colors. She sometimes wears a headband with fuzzy black or white cat ears as well. Although she's forced to wear the standard uniform at school, she livens it up with various Shinto charms and figurines of anime characters. Her eyes change color weekly and sometimes daily, thanks to a variety of colored contact lenses. Her nails are painted with star-and-spiral patterns in different colors, and are sparkled with rainbow glitter. Rainbow glitter can sometimes be seen on her face too.

Outside of school she kicks it up a notch. With no uniform requirement she tends to dress as if an anime convention exploded all over her. Basically, the more bizarre and attention-grabbing it is, the better she likes it. She can be seen on a pink motorcycle sometimes, one which is as sparkly and decked out as she herself is, zooming around town. Often her appearance is even stranger for being wind-blown at the high speeds she likes to travel at.   

Personality: A first-year girl who hates the bland conformity her parents have thrust her into. Her parents are conservative, fairly well-off, and distant. Most of Tokiko's early life involved a stream of nannies and caretakers, and nowadays her parents are busy with their business and legal concerns. From an early age Tokiko wanted to be different and now that she's a teenager, she's gone to the far end of "out there" to be different and get attention. She dreams of being an idol, adored by millions and unique from the crowd. She's even put in applications with various modeling companies, gravure outfits, and voice-acting companies, hoping to be discovered. She's kind of disconnected and dreamy, living in an online world of fantasy when not dragged back to deal with a reality that bores her and a home life that's nonexistent. She's smart enough to pass her tests but hardly applies herself to school at all. She is athletic but not really focused, moving more on instinct than by practice. Most of the time she can be found listening to her iPod or filming her life with her mini-cam. She likes to narrate her life, and sometimes speaks in the third person, as if she were already the star of her own show. She's always on the lookout for the next interesting thing. This curiousity is reckless and dangerous, but once something's got her eye she goes after it relentlessly. Unfortunately, her attention span is limited and once she gets bored she moves on to the next interesting thing.

Persona: Ame-no-Uzume

Ame-no-Uzume is a goddess whose light might be lesser than some of the greatest of her pantheon, but she still has accomplished great deeds. It was this laughing young goddess who drew forth Amaterasu, the Sun Goddess, when that great divinity had recused herself within a cave and left the world in darkness. Uzume's joy and dancing, along with a little cleverness, convinced the Queen of Heaven to look into Uzume's mirror. By doing so, Amaterasu realized her own beauty and came forth to save the world from darkness. It was also Uzume who convinced the great Sarutahiko Okami to allow Amaterasu's grandson to enter the world and found Japan's ruling line of Emperors by going topless before the guardian of the crossroads between the Earth and the Heavens. She married Sarutahiko thereafter.

Ame-no-Uzume appears as a beautiful young Japanese girl clothed all in white silk that clings to a slim and curvaceous figure. Her hair is black and is always flowing in an invisible wind, along with the scent of cherry blossoms and spring rain. Her silken kimono bares a deep glimpse of cleavage and is fringed in the pink of sakura blossoms. In one hand she bears an ornate hand mirror, framed in silver, that reflects the inner self of whoever looks into it, for good or ill.

She appeared to Tokiko one evening when the girl got herself lost on the way back from a dance club she'd snuck into it. She was jamming to music on her iPod and made a wrong turn into a maze of dark alleys. Rather than be frightened, she took out her mini-cam and started narrating her exploration of the "labyrinth of terror". That's when she was attacked by a Shadow and dragged into a dark alcove. At the moment when she would have been killed, the full moon broke out from behind a cloud and a woman in white appeared atop a nearby rooftop. She held up a mirror and reflected the light of the moon onto the Shadow, burning it to death. She then floated down to the awestuck Tokiko and with a touch on the forehead, became her Persona. 

Empyrean

Heya Hikari! I was just curious as to the status of this game. :)

NotoriusBEN

update to my profile,
props to schrodinger for the persona pic and final paragraph.

Schrödinger

Quote from: Empyrean on April 03, 2010, 01:04:12 AM
Heya Hikari! I was just curious as to the status of this game. :)

Just as curious, though I suppose she's busy penning stuff down a little more definitively.

Will you need us to give you some potential Social Link material, via thread or via PM, Hikari?  :-)

Also, cookie for the person that manages to guess the sources of my images.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]

Empyrean

Schrodinger: Google images? And thanks again for the Persona pic! :)

If we're restricted to one weapon per character I think I'll go with the naginata for Toki. Seems her style.

Untamed Skies

Name: Aiden Hanasuru
Year: Senior (4th year)
Major Arcana: Justice
Persona: Guardian Angel
Personality: When in school or doing something in which could be considered a job or requires responsibility Aiden hold's himself in very high degree. He is neatly groomed, very prompt, and very blunt. Often he is seen as egotistical, and without meaning too can be intimidating. He tends to see things mostly in black and white, and it's very rare to see him stray from the set rules around him. When he is put in charge he expects everyone to fall in line behind him, and when someone else is elected in charge he often follows orders quickly and without question, unless they are something he see's as "corrupt", or "foolish". He doesn't hand out respect very often, but to those who earn it, they earn his loyalty as well.
Background: Aiden grew up in a household combined with the majority of his family. His cousins were more brothers and sisters to him then they were cousins, and his uncles multiple fathers. Aiden's own father was a police officer and as such his family was very strict and orderly. Aiden grew along the lines of rules being obeye d and this notion was strengthened when his brother Yu began to struggle with his own problems. Yu had fallen in with a group of thugs and found himself addicted to various narcotics. The situation escalated until Yu overdosed and died.
               Aiden took the experience very hard and turned redirected his life to trying to help lead people away from their various problems, but had a hard time trying to relate. On top of having a father as a officer he was very mistrusted. As such Aiden then directed his life in pursuit of law enforcement. Maybe he could find a way to protect or save or even just reach one person, maybe that person would take what they got to try and help more. Through high school he involved himself in student council as well as a big brother program where he could help mentor and guide youths too a more secure path in their life. Now in his senior year he has committed to being Chief of the disciplinary committee, the big brother program, and his studies. Though he has made it a habit to attend all the other gatherings such as dances and such, he never seems very comfortable just standing and "hanging out".
Appearance:
Persona Appearance: Guardian Angel
(I realize that persona's are a extension of one's self but Minatou had multiple female persona's and since it can evolve I decided I'd go with one that looked more like a "mentoring or motherly" angel rather then one of the more warrior ones, as for the moment he wants to guide people away from their destructive lifestyles.)

Strength: Light
Weakness: Dark
Skills: Bufu, Cleave (I thought it'd make more sense if the devil and death dominions have a bunch of fire it'd make sense for their polar opposite to be ice.)
Clubs: Student Council (Chief of Disciplinary Committee), Big Brother Program

Traits: (They are changeable but by his senior year he'd be more refined in a couple traits)
Acadmics: Smart
Charm: Confident
Courage: Brave
Diligence: Strong
Expression: Rough
Understanding: Kindly

Weapon: One Handed Sword

(if there is anything in which I should change or improve upon let me know)

Empyrean

Nice character. :)

It sounds like he and Tokiko will have a lot of interesting clashes. ^_^

Untamed Skies

Clashes just bring more flavor to a rp like this I think. Thanks for the compliment though, and your character seems interesting too

Empyrean

*poke*

Just seeing if this is still alive. If not, is anyone else going to run it?

NotoriusBEN

I'll poke as well, but Im just assuming hikari just has a lot of stuff happening at the moment.

Schrödinger

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on April 11, 2010, 04:02:10 AM
I'll poke as well, but Im just assuming hikari just has a lot of stuff happening at the moment.

Always assume as much, until they post otherwise. RL before RP, after all  :-)

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]

Hikari

Unfortunately, my new unit has a thing for doing combat exercises that last a week or more.  As a result, I won't be able to maintain the steady and predictable schedule necessary to run a game like this for the immediate future.  I leave the floor open to someone else if they want to step in and run with the idea, but honestly I can't be around reliably enough to even play right now, much less oversee.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Schrödinger

Quote from: Hikari on April 18, 2010, 09:54:36 AM
Unfortunately, my new unit has a thing for doing combat exercises that last a week or more.  As a result, I won't be able to maintain the steady and predictable schedule necessary to run a game like this for the immediate future.  I leave the floor open to someone else if they want to step in and run with the idea, but honestly I can't be around reliably enough to even play right now, much less oversee.

Fair enough. Or keep the idea in the cooler until you are back into a reliable posting schedule. I'm in no rush  :-)

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]