Darkest Nights: Modern Supernatural Horror/Fantasy - Accepting Characters!

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, September 10, 2013, 02:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhos

Group 2 still has room for a straight male?

Needing a vamp? Witch? Shifter?

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm finishing up arranging things behind the scenes to get us started today, but we are still looking for players!! Ideally I would like to see a couple more males for group 2. Races are open but we only have one vamp compared to 2 of everything else.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rajah

The Tzimisce are marked as a "dead" bloodline. Is this as distressingly nonplayable as it sounds?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rajah on September 14, 2013, 11:28:14 AM
The Tzimisce are marked as a "dead" bloodline. Is this as distressingly nonplayable as it sounds?

Yes, all bloodlines marked red have been wiped out long before the game begins
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

We are still at one less vampire than every other race right now, but I don't want anyone feeling like they're obligated to fill in that hole. I can and will work with anything.

Raziel

Bloodied Porcelain

IC Threads are up and PMs have been sent to individual players to get them started with where their characters are!

We're still looking for people! Specifically, I'd like to see more males for Group #2, which has a once per week (or so) expected posting rate. We could also use one more vampire

Bloodied Porcelain

I would like to welcome Cold Heritage to the RP and make it clear that Group 2, which has an expected posting rate of about once a week or so, is still looking for male characters to help round out the numbers. Meanwhile, we could also use one or two more females for Group 1.

Bloodied Porcelain

Okay guys, after some more fiddling and placing Cold's character, I've come to this decision:

We are accepting two more females who have a posting frequency of twice a week or more (for group 1), and three males (one of which needs to be gay or bi) with a posting rate of once a week or less (for group 2).

WhiteTigerForever

Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on September 15, 2013, 06:19:14 PM
I'd like to officially sign up here. Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome! I'm excited to see what you come up with. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

We recently added a couple more players to the game. Welcome to Ebb and Cold Heritage!

Note
We are no longer accepting males for Group 1. We are still looking for one more female to help round this group out.
We are also no longer accepting females for Group 2. We still need one more male to help round this group out.

bubby

Raziel

Bloodied Porcelain

We're still open and accepting characters!

Note
We are no longer accepting males for Group 1. We are still looking for two more females to help round this group out.
We are also no longer accepting females for Group 2. We still need one more male to help round this group out.
We are no longer accepting shifters or weres.
I would like to see at least one more witch/warlock in the game to help even out the race balance.

Bloodied Porcelain

We have had some interesting twists brought in to play. Who is the mysterious new mage in town? Why is one of the oldest and most fearless werewolves in the city so on edge? What's living in the sewers beneath Uptown?

Come join the fun and find out for yourself!

Caela

This concept looks amazing! Are you only taking witches/warlocks right now to round things out, or would a female Sidhe be allowed?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Caela on September 29, 2013, 10:14:16 PM
This concept looks amazing! Are you only taking witches/warlocks right now to round things out, or would a female Sidhe be allowed?

We are accepting any race except shifters and weres, so yes a Sidhe is more than welcome. If you'd like to create a female character, Group 1 has two open female slots, and the expected posting rate for that group is a minimum of once per week. Group 2 is currently looking for another male character, and that group provides a slower posting rate expectancy (once per week to once every two weeks).

Caela

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 29, 2013, 10:21:03 PM
We are accepting any race except shifters and weres, so yes a Sidhe is more than welcome. If you'd like to create a female character, Group 1 has two open female slots, and the expected posting rate for that group is a minimum of once per week. Group 2 is currently looking for another male character, and that group provides a slower posting rate expectancy (once per week to once every two weeks).

A minimum of once per week isn't typically a problem for me...especially with my daughter in school! :) RL does arise now and then, but mostly (say 95% of the time) that's a pace that is very easy for me to keep up with. I'll work on a sheet to PM you once I read through things and see what sort of dynamic is already going. Don't want to make someone who just won't work at all with the characters already there.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Caela on September 30, 2013, 07:39:31 PM
A minimum of once per week isn't typically a problem for me...especially with my daughter in school! :) RL does arise now and then, but mostly (say 95% of the time) that's a pace that is very easy for me to keep up with. I'll work on a sheet to PM you once I read through things and see what sort of dynamic is already going. Don't want to make someone who just won't work at all with the characters already there.

I look forward to seeing it :)

Bloodied Porcelain

We are getting pretty full on characters, but we still have three open slots! We're currently looking for male characters in those roles. Player sex is irrelevent.

Bloodied Porcelain

persephone325

I'm interested in this. I just want to be able to get notifications on this when you're accepting females again.

I'm not comfortable playing males yet. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: persephone325 on October 18, 2013, 06:26:05 AM
I'm interested in this. I just want to be able to get notifications on this when you're accepting females again.

I'm not comfortable playing males yet. ^^

I'll make sure you know if we have a female slot open up. :)

After a member had to drop out due to RL issues, we now need two males for both groups!

Codexa

Fascinating!

I'm interested, and peeking around the different sections at the moment.

Really wish you were accepting shifters, but a mage or warlock could have potential.

Will be doing some reading, and see if I can get all inspired and creative :)