Werewolves of Miller's Hollow - Game Thread [Town wins!]

Started by Trieste, December 06, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Welcome to Miller's Hollow!

Chances are good that you've lived here all your life. You've known your neighbors since you were in diapers, and they may well have helped raise you. Everything is familiar, comforting. Every day is like the last, and the village is content (if not a little dull). Little do the villagers know that they are about to experience some dreaded excitement! Horror! Death! Murder! Betrayal!

Wolves!

Sleepy little Miller's Hollow is about to wake up!

A review of the rules (for myself as well as y'all):

1. Make sure to include Trieste on any game-related PMs that go back and forth. If you notice that someone forgot to include me, no sweat, just add my name to the thread and quote the previous PMs. Easy-peasy.

2. You have no friends. Okay, not really. xD But if your bestie and you end up on different teams, please do play your team in good faith. That makes it more fun for everyone.

3. Dead men tell no tales. If you've died in-game, you're absolutely welcome to use the OOC chatter and such, but please refrain from discussing the game. That helps keep it fun!

4. Hold the copypasta, please. With the exception of rule #1 up above, there's no copy/pasting or using the quote function in PMs. Everything is hearsay and you have to decide whether you trust the person conveying the info!

5. Have fun! This is one of my favorite party games and I'm super stoked to be playing it again with y'all! Squee!

The original MH GM, Xillen, wrote out an awesome post on the rules here if you'd like to refresh yourself.

Because we have so few players, I'm going to reveal the wolves to one another right away. You'll all be getting your role PMs shortly. The roles in this game are as follows:

Villager
Seer
Watcher
Jailer
Hunter
Vigilante
Big Bad Wolf
Teen Wolf
Sheepy Wolf [Wolf in Sheep's Clothing]

An explanation of each role can be found both in my initial interest post and also in the thread I linked that Xillen wrote. So, without further ado, on with the show! PM me your questions or post them in the OOC thread, please, if you have them. I'll be opening the voting for Sheriff once I get role PMs sent out.

Trieste

Okay, everyone should have their roles now. If you didn't get a PM telling you your role, please let me know ASAP so I can get it to you.

That said, voting is now open for Sheriff. (Some games might have called it the Mayor in the past, but whatevs, I have a thing for Westerns.) The Sheriff is the tiebreaker in case of an even vote. If the Sheriff dies, a new one is elected before anything further is voted on or happens.

Your choices, in alphabetical order, are:

Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Ket
Madame Professor
Mintprincess
persephone325
Remiel
Rummy Tum Tum
Scott
yugi006

Blythe

Blythe, nothing but a simple villager, declares, "Hmmmm. I shall vote for Scott for Sheriff. Because I like alliteration." 

Scott

"Although I appreciate the nomination for such an honorable position, as well as the new word I just learned. I must recluse myself on the basis that saying "Sheriff Rummy Tum Tum" is just a lot more fun than saying a simple... Scott. "

*Goes about the town, and after finding a small house that doesn't need too much work, begins the task of making the yard and house nicer to live in. 

Madame Professor

“How are we supposed to put so much trust in any one person right now?” The Professor shook her head. “This is madness.”

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Imogen

Imogen nodded at the Professor. "It feels wrong to favor one over another, but a town must have a Sheriff. I will put my faith in Scott, for now."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"I would like to place my vote for Imogen." He was hoping he had made the right choice.

Remiel

"I trust Ket to make a sane and/or logical choice," said Remiel, the town pirate.

Madame Professor

“Well, I guess I’m gonna vote for Remiel. With the imagine of a western in my head now (<3 Trieste) I want picture the pirate in a cowboy hat saying something like...” in her best half pirate/half country accent, “arg, there be werewoofs in this here town needing gettin’, mateys!”
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on December 06, 2017, 12:58:54 PM
"Do ye be feelin' lucky, matey?  Well, do ye?  Arrrrr."

Annnnnnnnd now you are Clint Eastwood, with a hook for a hand.

Caeli

"It is tempting to vote a pirate into the role of sheriff," Caeli pondered.  "I think Remiel would make a fine choice - and he would look quite dashing in a sheriff's hat!"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Rummy Tum Tum

"I vote Blythe, cuz he was the first person I saw today!" Rummy declared, quite confidently.

Blythe

Blythe beams, "I have no objection to being Sheriff, so thanks for your vote Rummy! Though I probably don't have the job requirements for it. Is a brilliant personality but no proficiency with firearms good enough? I'd want to keep people safe, but the result might be me hugging the werewolves away. Or having a sharp word with their mothers. Or bribing them with delicious non-people flavored snacks, like pudding, the keep them away."

Rummy Tum Tum

"There's nothin' better than a sheriff who cares!" Rummy insisted, "'Specially one who cares enough to put himself in harms way to befriend a vicious creature and keep it far away from me!"

Madame Professor

Quote from: Blythe on December 06, 2017, 02:15:40 PM
Blythe beams, "I have no objection to being Sheriff, so thanks for your vote Rummy! Though I probably don't have the job requirements for it. Is a brilliant personality but no proficiency with firearms good enough? I'd want to keep people safe, but the result might be me hugging the werewolves away. Or having a sharp word with their mothers. Or bribing them with delicious non-people flavored snacks, like pudding, the keep them away."

Lol!

Sheriff Blythe: “But I have pudding!”

Werewolves: *growls* “It’s tapioca...”

Sheriff Blythe: I can get chocolate! Down boy! *throws pudding cups in defense*

Mintprincess

Mint seriously has no idea who would make a good sheriff this go around! She’s never played with most of you!

“I suppose I’ll go with the pirate as well, Remiel....”

Trieste

Sheriff tally so far:

Remiel - 4
Scott - 3
Imogen - 1
Blythe - 1
Ket - 1
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Yet to vote:
persephone325

Kazyth

Kaz scratches his chin thoughtfully, glancing from candidate to candidate, before scrawling the name "Remiel" on a piece of paper and tossing it into the hat.

If there is no hat, he uses his own hat.  Don't worry, he has more!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Ket

*imagines the possibility of a knock down, drag out fight to the pistolas for the sheriff's badge* With only one vote left but mine, it's so dang possible there could be a tie and we could get a helluva show on our hands! *giggles and holds up a sign that says Scott for Sheriff!*
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

persephone325

"Ket. Because I think a beautiful lady would do well in such a position of power!" Persephone nodded sagely.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Imogen

Imogen raises a brow and takes a long, hard look at Persephone. "Surely it has not escaped your notice that your vote is the last? Surely, you also noticed that only Remiel and Scott have a chance at becoming Sheriff at this point?"

She spreads out her hands questioningly. "I am at a loss to understand why you'd vote for Ket in that situation? Oh, you expressed your admiration for her but wouldn't it be more logical to support her vote in that case, knowing that Ket will not become Sheriff, at least not with the votes being as they are?"

"You not only did not support her choice, but by voting for her with charming words and compliments, you ensured that her choice doesn't become Sheriff - which means that, rather than being her ally as your words suggest, you place yourself opposite her? I do not know which choice is right, but I find the mismatch between what you preach and what you practice rather alarming."

"You see... In your position, your only choices are Remiel and Scott as any vote that doesn't force the tie will put Remiel in power," she explained. "As far as we know, Remiel and Scott are equal in their potential of being a good choice, which is why I am surprised that you voted for your choice in the one manner that suggests - when we look solely at the voting and not the circumstances - that you had no hand in the outcome." 
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

“And yet guarantees Remiel without actually having to vote for him looks mighty shady for you both.” Mint adds, finding Imogen’s comments very on point.

persephone325

"It honestly does not matter who I voted for, since I was last. As Madame noted earlier, how can we put so much trust in one person when knowing so little? It was a random vote, just as I take yours to be. I chose to vote for who I wanted to vote for, as did you. I did not realize I needed to vote for one of two people, when there are a handful of others I could choose from." She shrugs.

Quote from: Mintprincess on December 07, 2017, 10:40:33 AM
“And yet guarantees Remiel without actually having to vote for him looks mighty shady for you both.” Mint adds, finding Imogen’s comments very on point.

"Says the woman who voted for him." She sighs and shakes her head. "Such madness already..." She says sadly.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kazyth

Kazyth slips on a cowboy had, tucks his thumbs into his belt, and puts a little twang into his voice.  "Obviously, the best choice here is to elect a man of unchallenged authority, masculinity, and possessed of a keen analytical mind.  But you'll probably just have to settle for me tossin' my hat in the ring for a re-vote."

A bunch of "Kazyth For Sheriff" buttons are produced, some sashes, signs, and a petition for a second round of voting are all placed on a table.

A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.