News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Confused on How to start [solved]

Started by Smitten Endymion, September 09, 2013, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitten Endymion

I Have an idea for an rp, but its going to take some development. Where do i do post to get help? on that?

and by development I mean like

world/setting making

the groups in the world,

powers and commons in these groups

characters

a possible system for fighting

possibly a map

maybe some artwork for logos of the groups...

Black Howling

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 09, 2013, 10:29:16 PM
I Have an idea for an rp, but its going to take some development. Where do i do post to get help? on that?

and by development I mean like

world/setting making

the groups in the world,

powers and commons in these groups

characters

a possible system for fighting

possibly a map

maybe some artwork for logos of the groups...

Is it a group game? If so, the Gm's corner would be a good place to start. If it's a one on one, that's best talked about with the person whom you'll be posting with. For general setting, the world building forum would also be a good place.

Rogue

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: Black Howling on September 09, 2013, 10:32:45 PM
Is it a group game? If so, the Gm's corner would be a good place to start. If it's a one on one, that's best talked about with the person whom you'll be posting with. For general setting, the world building forum would also be a good place.
Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on September 09, 2013, 10:32:59 PM
I suggest the World Building threads. :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=517.0

thanks. It is  a group rp. Is there way specific you have to post when when you post in the world building? same question for GM

Also do I have to post somewhere else to recuit people?

Rogue

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 09, 2013, 10:48:54 PM
thanks. It is  a group rp. Is there way specific you have to post when when you post in the world building? same question for GM

Also do I have to post somewhere else to recuit people?

Group Games Request board would be where to post for Requests/interest checks.

Oniya

There's no real requirements on how to post in the world building area, although you may want to put 'Open' or 'Closed' in your thread title, depending on whether you want anyone to be able to contribute or just those people that you invite (such as through your Interest Check).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: Oniya on September 09, 2013, 11:00:44 PM
There's no real requirements on how to post in the world building area, although you may want to put 'Open' or 'Closed' in your thread title, depending on whether you want anyone to be able to contribute or just those people that you invite (such as through your Interest Check).
So Should i post in world building first then post  for poeple interested? (by the way where would I post for people interested or do I just leave  it open in world building?

Rogue

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 09, 2013, 11:06:06 PM
So Should i post in world building first then post  for poeple interested? (by the way where would I post for people interested or do I just leave  it open in world building?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0

That's the Group Roleplays Wanted. I also recommend leaving the thread in World Building open so any who take a hand in the creation may feel more inclined to join the game. :)

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on September 09, 2013, 11:08:26 PM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0

That's the Group Roleplays Wanted. I also recommend leaving the thread in World Building open so any who take a hand in the creation may feel more inclined to join the game. :)

Thank you for the help so far, last few questions I think. After I finish in world building where do I start rping? (I feel so stupid right now....sorry)

Also would art work and things be requested in world building too or do I post else where?

Rogue

Quote from: Smitten Endymion on September 09, 2013, 11:13:22 PM
Thank you for the help so far, last few questions I think. After I finish in world building where do I start rping? (I feel so stupid right now....sorry)

Also would art work and things be requested in world building too or do I post else where?

Where you post depends on the nature of the world/RP and what level of play you wish to see. Any thing with non humanoids or furries should go in a thread labeled exotic. These are all in the sets on the far right hand side of the main forum page. :)

NC=Non-Consentual and Extreme is anything that could be worse than that. For instance Vore I believe falls under Extreme. Bondage and Light I think are pretty explanatory. As for system versus freeplay, anything that requires a system/dice/numbers should go under system.

Since this is a group game, any of the Small group boards would be applicable. :) Big group game is achieved at I believe 1000 posts in a game. It might be more than that. >.>

Edit: I really need to answer things when I'm more awake so I use the right words....

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on September 09, 2013, 11:21:38 PM
Where you post depends on the nature of the world/RP and what level of play you wish to see. Any thing with non humanoids or furries should go in a thread labeled extreme. These are all in the sets on the far right hand side of the main forum page. :)

NC=Non-Consentual and Extreme is anything that could be worse than that. For instance Vore I believe falls under Extreme. Bondage and Light I think are pretty explanatory. As for system versus freeplay, anything that requires a system/dice/numbers should go under system.

Since this is a group game, any of the Small group boards would be applicable. :) Big group game is achieved at I believe 1000 posts in a game. It might be more than that. >.>
Thank you so much, does anything with a system have to go under systems even if its only for certain minor things?

Ember Star

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100371.0

That's a list of the categories and what they mean.

Also, Rogue, furries and non humanoids go in Exotic not Extreme. Extreme is for the really nasty stuff, gore/vore/bathroom play/actual animals/ect.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Smitten Endymion

thanks everyone this was a big help