News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Team Rocket inspired game (SoulSilver/HeartGold)

Started by shengami, December 03, 2011, 11:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shengami

So, been plaing my SoulSilver game again, and was reminded that I always had a thing for Jessi, in specific, and the female team rocket outfits in general.  Now, I don't want to play Jessie and James, but I do want to play a pair of Team Rocket grunts, who do a lot of grunting of their own...  I have nothing in specific in mind other than something set around Gen IV/SoulSilver games.  Have a couple of rough ideas about possible plots and a couple ideas about possible kinks.

What I am looking for is someone who would like to play this idea, fanatics need not apply, but, first, work with me to develop the game a bit more.  I am playing a male Grunt and will have a team of dark and Poison Pokemon.  You should want to play a female grunt, but that's all I'll stipulate.  Please, if interested, respond in this thread with a couple of ideas and I will get back to you if I like your ideas.  I only want one partner for this idea and this is sort of an application.  However, if you see someone else you would love to pair up with, go ahead.  I have no objections to this being a general interest thread for many people along this idea.

Thanks for any interest here,
-S

shengami

/bump.

Putting more thought into it and ideas are forming.  See a pair of Rocket Grunts participating in the Pokemon league, but, of course, with a rocket twist, as part of Giovanni's attempt to take over the league and control it.  Still want it to focus on the Johto league and the Johto and Kanto regions.  We could start with advanced teams or with one pokemon each.  It would need my partner to be a strong writer as well.  We'd both need to be able to write encounters and further the plot a bit.

Borough

Hello shengami. The concept of taking on the role of a pair of Team Rocket grunts sounds interesting! If you are okay with me playing a female character, I would be happy to think up of something with you. In regards to your idea for the Pokemon League, as you need badges to compete, it may be an idea to play out obtaining them. Being Team Rocket ofcourse, they may not try to get some badges fair and square, instead trying to steal them, though they may think of battling to make sure they are tough enough.

And ofcourse, attempting to snag pokémon from gym leaders could be an interesting idea as they should be powerful pokémon. Though they may be tasked to just compete without causing such high risk plots, as that could give them away or make them wanted before they get to the league. Perhaps, while travelling about, they get to cooperate with colleagues on certain tasks set by Team Rocket, such as bringing an experimental pokémon hypnotiser part somewhere, securing a certain type of pokémon Team Rocket wishes to study or use (perhaps a physic pokémon for the hypnotiser mentioned before), they could try and beat competing teams away as they travel, sabotage certain places such as power plants or a training spot for growlites of the police, spy on certain trainers, try and recruit grunts, steal pokémon eggs, scare a flock of pidgeotto's away so fearows can harass people while Team Rocket gets resources or perhaps fossils from a certain spot, etc.

To show they are good enough, they may just be given one pokémon and they have to prove they are able to get a viable pokémon team going by obtaining them one way or another.

In the case of my character, perhaps an idea for her to rebel against her family is for her to join Team Rocket. Not desiring to stick with her family breeding the same boring pokémon, say, Mareep for the wool, she would rather go on adventure! She would despise how one family member, perhaps much older sibling or cousin or whatever, has been allowed to and is a succesful training in the Pokémon league, while she has been disallowed to. Having run away to join Team Rocket, she would love to teach said person a lesson.

What do you think?
o/o

shengami

Those are all really interesting and excellent ideas.  Stealing badges and Pokemon mixed in with earning them is what I had in mind, though I was also contemplating a contest team.  Not sure how I wanted to build my character up.  Know I wanted him to be an orphan from Veridian who grew up in the streets and befriended a Koffing.  He has a creepy fondness for poison types, bug types, and dark types.  Might be a bit sadistic.

All in all, they are good ideas.  We can talk more if you'd like, still using this thread.  I make no commitments as of yet.

Borough

Good to hear we were thinking about similar things in regards to mixing stealing and earning. Could you elaborate on a contest team? Like a rival team in Team Rocket, or a rival team of another villainous organisation, or normal team of trainers, working against the two?

In any case, it seems like there are plenty of ways to go with the idea. Koffing sounds like an excellent pokémon to start out with in this case. I did not have a real favourite pokémon or team in mind as of yet, though I was thinking that starting out with a Rattata would be fitting for a Team Rocket grunt, haha.

Do you have an idea what might have led your character to join Team Rocket? And any preference for starting region? You mentioned SoulSilver, so Johto seems the way to go, though you mentioned Veridian as origin as well. Perhaps the two were sent to Johto to reinforce the team there and show what they were worth?

Is there any further things you are pondering on, or wish to know from me or possible other applicants at this moment?
o/o

shengami

By contest team, I meant my character would participate in Pokemon contests, either solely or as well as league battle.  I always liked the one guys scary team of Pokemon.  Probably due to my own proclivities for poison, bug, and dark types.

And, I was thinking of starting in Johto, but see no reason to expand into Kanto as we progress.  I am trying to model it on SoulSilver.

No idea why he joined up with Rocket yet.  Perhaps, he thinks it is the only practical way of going about it

Hm, well, it seems to be that it ought to be decided whether the game in non-adult or adult, it could go either way.  Personally, I want some darker elements and realistic violence.  I haven't been real sure on the sexual aspects either.  By that I mean, between the team members, not outside them.  Your girl can feel free to get all the ass she wants, but my character is turning asexual, suddenly.  So, the game will be in the adult forums, but probably due to violence more than anything.

Borough

Ah, thanks for explaining. Sounds good, and modelling it on SoulSilver sounds nice.

I do have to ask, why the sudden asexuality for your character? After all, you did mention having a thing for the female Team Rocket outfits. I would find a bond with sexual starting to form between the pair actually interesting, but as you do not seem too interested in that and I am not a real fan of realistic violence, I might not be the best writing partner..
o/o

shengami

Hm, I'm not sure.  I think that I will need to explore that.  No, in fact, I will ignore that.  I think it some version of my insecurities coming out, and I won't allow it.  But, the relationship, which was part of the point, would be casual.  It is not the focus of the game, just an aspect of it.  I'd want the journey to be the real focus of the game, not the sexual aspects.

As for realistic violence...  I do not mean by that, as many do, gore and guts.  I mean realism.  I don't do PG and I dislike PG-13, I prefer a game that takes into account realism.  People can die, people can get hurt badly, and crimes can cause bad things.  That is all.  I don't expect to be gutting people, our characters might not be that hardened after all, or raping...  but, if I steal someones money, they might starve or Pokemon could die in battles.  If that is not something that is possible for you, I understand.

I am open, still, to play a game with people.  In fact, I have gotten interested enough to play multiple instantiations of this game.  This conversation has really got me gunning to play a Pokemon RP of some variety.

Borough

Alright, no need to delve into that further. The relationship not being the focus I can understand, but as mentioned, I would like to see it and possible sexual parts derived from it, to be an aspect of it, which is difficult with an asexual partner.

I am glad you do not mean the gore and guts as realistic violence. I do not mind the realism as you sketch it out to be, though pokémon is rather steeped in the lack of realism, as pokémon do not die and the worst is seeing a person all black with messed up hair or unconscious from being flamed/electrified/blown up.  Not saying that it is bad for the genre, it's just that a bit more elaboration to what extend the bad things would go. How often would people get hurt badly or Pokémon actually die in battles? If the really serious things such as death and terrible things is used as dramatic points in the story, that would be good for me, but if it happens frequently, I am afraid I am not that interested.

Anyway, you mention people, but so far just the two of us, unfortunately.  :-(
o/o

shengami

They are all afraid of me!

Yeah, death is never to be overused in good writing, nor serious injury.  Minor injuries should occur with frequency.  Pokemon training does not seem like a truly safe occupation, so scrapes and bruises are good.  But, I'd get ticked if someone took a flamethrower and walked away happy as a clam.  So, it seems the game is a bit grittier than, say, PG-13, but it's not NC-17, which is fine.  I find gratuitous violence pedantic and simplistic.

As for sexual elements, they'll be there, but, at least as far as I feel, a bit vanilla.  I have no interest in Poke-bestiality at all or NC with this plot bunny.  Seriously, the female team rocket outfits are pretty hot, right?  White or black!

Borough

Well, what do you want if you are going with such a scary pokémon team theme! You are bound to scare of people, haha. ;)

I agree that Pokémon training or fights do not really seem like a safe occupation at all. Somehow, the people of the series just shrug off being nearly fried to a crisp, while trees are felled and rocks are shattered.. Going more realistic than that and not over the top is definitely ok with me!

Sexual elements being vanilla is perfect with me, as I prefer vanilla. And the female team rocket outfits are hot, though I have to admit that I am not a real fan of that cap. Personally I would also find the outfit even hotter if the boots were just a bit lower, thus showing a bit more skin, but that's just me. White or Black is difficult to pick, though! Black is certainly more practical, considering sneaky plots, but white does have its charm. Ofcourse, our characters could have both versions around..
o/o

shengami

True on the colors, though the white uniform was unique to Jessie and James.  In the games and all the other Rocket goons in the series had the black.  I see no reason for us to not have modifications to our uniforms as well.  Hat and shorter boots; go for it.  Personally, I like higher boots with just a tiny bit of skin showing, sort of like a tease.  Might make a pair or so of mods to my guys uniform as well.  Never liked the shirt thing James wore, prefer a true jacket. over the under shirt.

Seems we have an agreement on most aspects...  Hm.

Borough

Personally I just think such high boots would be uncomfortable.. the teasing effect could be occassionaly be achieved with high socks? While all the goons besides James and Jessie used black, there is no reason for us to do so if you prefer another colour, or fine with black too?

Anyway, you are right about agreement, so where do we go from here?
o/o

shengami

Why, this is next.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126533.0

I trailed off, you can start with her being paged.  Introduces her name right off!  Have fun replying.