News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Slavery case in New York

Started by Lilac, May 30, 2007, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Quote from: Jefepato on June 04, 2007, 06:39:21 PM
If we embargo every single nation that does something morally reprehensible, we're going to have a problem.

Not only that, people won't embargo or boycott when it involves things and articles that they wish to buy and have for their daily lives and comfort. Sure, let's boycott country X. Oh wait, my favorite wine comes from that country. Forget it, it's too important for me to do that.

It's the attitude of those all over the world. Outrage and a desire to do something are always voiced, but when action involves removing you from something that you want or feel you need, well then it is nothing but talking at that point.

Ajoxer

I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

NightBird

Quote from: Jefepato on June 04, 2007, 06:39:21 PM
If we embargo every single nation that does something morally reprehensible, we're going to have a problem.

Not to mention opening the door for the same thing right back at us. There are some things that go on in or are sponsored/promoted/conducted/dictated by the US of A that other countries and cultures find morally reprehensible.

Keiro

Quote from: NightBird on June 05, 2007, 09:15:33 PM
Not to mention opening the door for the same thing right back at us. There are some things that go on in or are sponsored/promoted/conducted/dictated by the US of A that other countries and cultures find morally reprehensible.

True. That, and it would also cause lots of problems if we were to try embargoing any such countries that allow this.

Money will almost always win in this case. At the cost of morality too, but then again...morality will interfere with money as well...so I guess they somewhat cancel each other out.

Though proving that they cancel each other out would be extremely difficult...I suspect it could be done.

But seriously, embargoing would only create problems, not solving them.
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3