News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

14 years in the coming.. I wonder..

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 13, 2011, 11:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

*Sigh...* True. Also their making a full length Mass Effect anime movie... Oh... Oh God *Pukes blood*
Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 10:52:17 PM
*Sigh...* True. Also their making a full length Mass Effect anime movie... Oh... Oh God *Pukes blood*

Don't know about an anime.. could be good.. could be bad.

I know that Uwe Boll has tried to get SEVERAL big projects (or said he wanted to) like Metal Gear and Halo (I'd love to here their designer's replies to that)

Wyrd

Well, anime anything is always bad. So I'll be staying away from that like a blue waffle. And... I'd very much prefer Halo and Metal Gear to be... umm Sacred and not have to be subject to being a joke. *Cough* BlooRayne! *Couch*
Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 11:04:08 PM
Well, anime anything is always bad. So I'll be staying away from that like a blue waffle. And... I'd very much prefer Halo and Metal Gear to be... umm Sacred and not have to be subject to being a joke. *Cough* BlooRayne! *Couch*

Now now.. BR the game was nice.. I enjoyed it. It was 'par' but fun. (Something about slicing up Nazi's was just fun).. but it takes a special kind of power to KILL a game franchise with a movie. :D

Wyrd

What a bastard. If Halo ever "does" get made, and by That guy. I'm gonna kill myself in a garbage fire. lol!
Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 11:11:33 PM
What a bastard. If Halo ever "does" get made, and by That guy. I'm gonna kill myself in a garbage fire. lol!

It won't.. the folks at Microsoft know it's their baby.. Peter Jackson of LoTR fame was trying to get it..but no one was happy with a script and it fell through. Everyone involved knows the script has to be right..

Shjade

Quote from: Wyrd on June 14, 2011, 11:04:08 PM
Well, anime anything is always bad.
Mmm, ignorant generalizations. Delicious!
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wyrd

Quote from: Shjade on June 14, 2011, 11:45:16 PM
Mmm, ignorant generalizations. Delicious!

Personal view. A delicacy... I don't like anime. :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

We could give Duke Nukem to Uwe Boll to make a movie out of. I don't think anyone could care. If DNF is any indication it's already set up.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I've only seen the ads for the game, but - are you sure he wasn't involved in the game-writing end of it?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on June 15, 2011, 03:08:40 PM
I've only seen the ads for the game, but - are you sure he wasn't involved in the game-writing end of it?
Probably not, but Duke has never been known for its stellar story. "Aliens stole our chicks." That's it from what I can tell.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Ah, then Boll would be a good fit for it.  *nods*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on June 15, 2011, 03:27:28 PM
Ah, then Boll would be a good fit for it.  *nods*
Nah, he'll probably still find some way to screw it up. He's Uwe Boll.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2011, 03:29:34 PM
Nah, he'll probably still find some way to screw it up. He's Uwe Boll.

He doesn't need to be successful. Here is the secret of Uwe Boll. He produces movies that LOSE money. His investors are looking for a tax break and he gives them one with each loss. I wonder where he works from now since there was word that the Germans were looking to reform their tax code to eliminate that loophole he'd been using.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 15, 2011, 03:36:29 PM
He doesn't need to be successful. Here is the secret of Uwe Boll. He produces movies that LOSE money. His investors are looking for a tax break and he gives them one with each loss. I wonder where he works from now since there was word that the Germans were looking to reform their tax code to eliminate that loophole he'd been using.
I suppose Kingdom Hearts 3 for the sake of on topic.

Honestly, is that really it? It gives people tax breaks? The man should be brought up on crimes against humanity.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2011, 03:42:22 PM
I suppose Kingdom Hearts 3 for the sake of on topic.

Honestly, is that really it? It gives people tax breaks? The man should be brought up on crimes against humanity.

I don't know about his last atrocities, but BloodRayne, House of the Dead, and Alone in the Dark were all 'tax write off' movies. They had to fail for his investors.

Oniya

So why hasn't he produced 'Springtime for Hitler' yet?

(*hopes someone catches the reference*)

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 15, 2011, 03:46:11 PM
I don't know about his last atrocities, but BloodRayne, House of the Dead, and Alone in the Dark were all 'tax write off' movies. They had to fail for his investors.
You know, I could tolerate a man liking video games and making bad movies, but he's making bad movies based on video games because he thinks (and insures) that they won't succeed. Wrong, just wrong.

EDIT, Oniya: The Producers, that's a fantastic movie.

Shjade

He's trying to actually fail, Oni, not fail at failing. ;p
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on June 15, 2011, 03:52:48 PM
He's trying to actually fail, Oni, not fail at failing. ;p
But if he tries to fail and succeeds then didn't he succeed?

Oniya

Failing at failing is when you try so hard to make something bad that it ends up good.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2011, 03:54:40 PM

Have YOU seen his movies? (Being trapped in a space on watch on the boat makes for 'captive' audience)

When your choices are the Platform camera (at night, in blackout conditions), Jaws, House of the Dead and you've seen JAWS 90 MILLION times during workups..

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2011, 03:54:40 PM
Yes, which is his goal.
◕/◕'s