Photoshop Elements resources?

Started by Crimson Caine, December 26, 2013, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Caine

We just got Photoshop on out laptops and I know we have a lot of people on here that are proficient with it.  I was wondering if anyone can suggest online tutorials or information on Photoshop.  I'm completely new to it and just trying to figure things out.  Thanks.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

consortium11

In all honesty I basically found Google to be the best resource rather than look for a specific series of tutorials or explanations and the like; I mixed and matched what I need from a variety of resources.

And rather than necessarily search for tutorials on a technique ("how do I use layer masks in photoshop" for example), I generally tended to search for the end product ("how do I make a wanted poster in photoshop" for example). A search for something quite common like that will generally bring up a whole host of tutorials, click around until you find one you like and then work through it; it will explain a number of steps and techniques rather than just one and you pick up the techniques almost by osmosis.

Photoshops learning curve is both incredibly steep and incredibly gentle at the same time. When you first try to get a hang of it and have no idea what anything means or does it's incredibly confusing... but once you've seen a technique in action in action a few times you'll quickly learn how it's used and what you can do with it in a different context.