Email alerts not coming through

Started by Lynnette, May 25, 2016, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Hiya ^^

So, as it would seem, my email alerts stopped working earlier today. I went in and checked, and the auto-fill settings for Safari had overwritten my email address in my account settings, so I deleted the auto-fill settings and filled in my email again, and it's now filled correctly. I went over my email-settings again to make sure everything looked alright, and to my eyes at least, it should be ok now, but email alerts are not coming through despite this. I swapped my email-settings around 20 minutes ago, is there possibly a delay?

Thanks in advance ^^
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Nadir

Hmmm, I don't have any bounces from your address, so they aren't being spat back at us. It might just be a delay on Hotmail's side. I'll keep an eye on it, but would you let me know if they appear?

Lynnette

Quote from: Dim Hon on May 25, 2016, 04:49:58 PM
Hmmm, I don't have any bounces from your address, so they aren't being spat back at us. It might just be a delay on Hotmail's side. I'll keep an eye on it, but would you let me know if they appear?

Possibly, I'll let you know if something changes, yeah ^^ Are there return messages from the time-room between around... 14:00 to 21:00, GMT? It should be somewhere between that that it changed, going by the looks of things.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nadir

I'll have a dig, but nothing is jumping out at me. Double check for me that your email is typed in correctly while I have a poke at the webmaster

Raziel

I'm getting sporadic ones on my end, hotmail account too. Yesterday and earlier today I was getting all of them, over the last hour or two I get what seems like 1 notification for every 5 or 10 PM's.

Lynnette

Quote from: Dim Hon on May 25, 2016, 04:55:43 PM
I'll have a dig, but nothing is jumping out at me. Double check for me that your email is typed in correctly while I have a poke at the webmaster

Looked over all my account settings, I can't seem to find any problems anywhere, typed in my email over again just to be sure, it should be correct, unless there is another field for email-addresses hidden away somewhere? The only one I found is under Account Settings.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nadir

There's only the one email field, more than that would be too confusing. I didn't see anything really weird in the webmaster so I'll ask Veks if there's something up. Thanks for letting us know about this, both of you <3

Beguile's Mistress

Have you checked your Spam folder?  I had to set a filter on my email to keep some of my notifications from going to Spam on arrival.  Just a suggestion. :-)

Lynnette

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 25, 2016, 05:30:32 PM
Have you checked your Spam folder?  I had to set a filter on my email to keep some of my notifications from going to Spam on arrival.  Just a suggestion. :-)

Yes, I've checked, thank you for the suggestion though ^^
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

GanonDwarf

Same thing is happening to me to. Hotmail as well.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Lynnette

That was very weird, I just received an alert, but it was specifically a topic merge. However, I know there are a couple other things I should have received alerts for that have not arrived, so we know my email is correct at least now, but my email alerts are still not popping up. I'll look over my notifications settings again, but it should all be correct.

EDIT:

And now at 00:53 (Paris/Amsterdam time), an email alert regarding a PM I sent about an hour and a half ago popped up in my mailbox, something seems to be really off, we'll see overnight though.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Vekseid

Hotmail is currently putting us on a serious greylist.

I have contacted the JMRP department directly (I have an account with them). Hopefully will get to the bottom of this, but it may take a few days.

Raziel

Well I just got all the ones I didn't get earlier delivered to my hotmail in one swoop, all 25 of them :P

GanonDwarf

My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Lynnette

It appears to be fixed on my end as well, thanks Veks ^^
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Oniya

Might want to make sure that Elliquiy is on your 'whitelist' - set up a filter so that anything from @elliquiy.com never goes to the Spam folder.  This helps keep us off those grey-lists.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

No response, but then again they are Hotmail. At the absolute best they tend to be very terse.