Dark Heresy: Shadows of the Tyrant

Started by Dakkon, January 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 11, 2014, 09:17:59 PM
I can go with either, but since you want a techpriest and no one else seems interested in Adept, I'll go with Adept and leave the Techpriest to you.
Shiney, ill go that way then.

Adepts are great to have around! I had a adorable nerd once, she was insanely smart but otherwise absent-minded and clumsy.... and then one day i scored RF on a headshot to a CSM with a revolver and killed it. After that everyone thought she was some kind of advanced agent acting like a clutz, good times. XD

SGTDan

Ha! Oh the memories Darkling of the pen and paper 40k games I have done. Some of them will stay with me forever, like Only War were my Stormtrooper and the Commissar were having an affair.

or the one Dark Heresy game where my Guardsmen fell in love with the Techpreist, things got awkward with the group whenever that came up.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:54 PM
Faithy is interesting concerning the Radical twist my character took as I am working on him.

Brides of the Emperor, not sure how much I would enjoy being married to a skeleton.
It's always interesting when the imperial faithful and radials intersect, especially since they are usually considered diametric opposites.

Quote from: SGTDan on January 11, 2014, 09:41:09 PM
Ha! Oh the memories Darkling of the pen and paper 40k games I have done. Some of them will stay with me forever, like Only War were my Stormtrooper and the Commissar were having an affair.

or the one Dark Heresy game where my Guardsmen fell in love with the Techpreist, things got awkward with the group whenever that came up.

Hehe, I'm sure similar shenanigans will happen here, as long as the game keeps going. I'm hoping that the NPCs that I've got planned prove equally as memorable.

And on a completely unrelated note (besides there being only WAR!) this is hilarious!

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

ShadowFox89

I think I'll stick with my assassin then, we need someone stealthy. Any suggestions as to how I should spend my XP? I plan on my *rolls* gal being the stealthy type of assassin who will either sneak up to you and stab you in the back or shoot you with a silenced hunting rifle from a good distance away.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Sounds like you'd be more likely to go with the Death Adpet branch once we hit Rank 6 then. Maybe look at those an see what prerequisites you can start knocking off for advances later on. If I were going that route, I'd be almost tempted to take the quick play package and swap Sound Constitution or Inquiry for Silent Move.

SGTDan

Also don't worry guys, I got our crazy covered in spades...

;D

Just going to let that sink in
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Dakkon

Dark Heresy: The game of the Insane fighting the slightly more Insane.

SGTDan

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

Quote from: FallenDabus on January 11, 2014, 11:49:05 PM
Sounds like you'd be more likely to go with the Death Adpet branch once we hit Rank 6 then. Maybe look at those an see what prerequisites you can start knocking off for advances later on. If I were going that route, I'd be almost tempted to take the quick play package and swap Sound Constitution or Inquiry for Silent Move.

Hmm.. what about gear? I was thinking of sticking a silencer on my rifle, slapping mono on my knife, buying a lasgun, and getting a mesh vest.

Adding mono to the knife is 40, silencer is 10, and mesh vest is 150... I could get a Mesh Cowl for 100, then have 99 thrones left for some flak gloves. The only area not armored would be my legs >.> Would there possibly be flak boots?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Dakkon

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 12, 2014, 12:48:49 AM
Hmm.. what about gear? I was thinking of sticking a silencer on my rifle, slapping mono on my knife, buying a lasgun, and getting a mesh vest.

Adding mono to the knife is 40, silencer is 10, and mesh vest is 150... I could get a Mesh Cowl for 100, then have 99 thrones left for some flak gloves. The only area not armored would be my legs >.> Would there possibly be flak boots?

Hmm, if you can free up one throne, Mirker’s Greaves (pg 125 IH) could work. Although, Flak Boots for 30 sound about right?

Also, there are two resources here that some of you may be interested in that I totally forgot about now. 

The Lost Dataslate provides information on the Forge Worlds of the Calixis Sector, as well as variant Homeworld Traits for those Forge Worlds, amongst other things.

Salvation Demands Sacrifice wouldn't get used until later, but it offers a couple of alternate career paths.

ChaoticSky

i knew about those, not sure if ill use lost dataslate on my character or not though :D

HairyHeretic

Finished, I hope :)

Name: Sevatar Khansin    Age: 23

Homeworld:   88 Tanstar                    (World Type)  Schola Progenium - Naval Depot
WS: 29  BS: 34  STR: 24  T: 31  AG: 32  INT: 41 PER: 34  WP:37 FEL: 33
Corruption: 6   Insanity: 1
Wounds 9        Fate Points 2
Tarot: Die if you must, but not with your spirit broken
Income Level:

Experience (Unspent/Total): 0/400

Traits:
Tutored in the Profane
Skill at Arms
Conditioned Mind
Tempered Will

Talents:
Resistance (Psychic powers)
Strong Minded
Foresight
Basic Weapon training (Las)
Melee weapon training (Primitive)
Pistol training (Las, SP)
Light Sleeper
Unremarkable

Basic Skills:
Forbidden Lore (Cults, Deamonology, Heresy, Psykers, Warp, Xenos) (Int)
Common Lore (Tech) (Int)

Trained Skills:
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Drive (Ground vehicle) (Ag)
Literacy (Int)
Pilot (Civilian craft) (Ag)
Scholastic Lore (Legend) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic, Eldar) (Int)
Trade (Copyist) (Int)

Equipment:
321 thrones (285 spent)
Xeno mesh armour (AP4 arms, body, legs)
Stub automatic (50) + 3 spare clips (30) + silencer (10)
Knife (5)
Administratum robes
Common street clothing (?)
Auspex (145)
Dataslate (25)
Microbead (20)
Chrono
Writing kit
Illuminated Tome
Backpack

Background
Blighted Schola
Cold Trade

Desired Ordos: Leaning towards Xenos

Personality
Sevatar is a fair unremarkable young man, at least in physical terms, which is exactly what he is supposed to be. This allows him to blend into almost any crowd without standing out. He is not particularly talkative, and can frequently be found browsing a dataslate if he does not have anything more pressing to do. When he comes to know someone he is inclined to be more socialable. He is quite fond of trivia, tends to know a little bit about a lot of things, and has won a few thrones in trivia games.

At least, that is the facade he presents. Behind the unassuming face and easy going manner is a mind as cold and calculating as a a cogitator, backed up by a will that knows any action is justifiable if it serves a higher purpose, and everyone is ultimately expendable. When necessary, he is quite capable of cold blooded murder, prefering the (silenced) stub automatic he carries.

Appearance

Height: 5'9
Build: Average
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark brown

History
Sevatar was raised in one of the smaller Schola Progenium on the Naval Depot 88 Tanstar, Saint Drusus's. If asked, he will talk about the things any Scholar would, harsh drill Abbots, endless test, the rigorous training of mind and body that turns orphans into productive Imperial citizens. He still remembers the other training, the lessons on things that would turn any Puritan white, but only in his dreams. Much of that knowledge lies locked away in his head, there til he needs it.

He has little memory of his parents. He believes they were voidfarers, perhaps Battlefleet, but has never been able to find out exactly what. By the time he left the Schola, he had little curiosity about that any more.

To his surprise, while most of his classmates entered the ranks of the Guard or the Administratum, he found himself being assigned to the fleet of the House of Ramirez, Rogue Traders of some note. Before leaving, he sought out Scholar-Abott Venn, the tutor he had gotten along best with, and asked why his assignment was so different to the rest of the class. Venn looked down into him and said calmly "I can't say." He then gave a small shrug. "Those are the orders you have been given, your's is not to question them. I am sure you will find this service one that suits you."

Sevatar was brought aboard with a dozen other Ensigns, and tutored in all aspects of shipboard life, trade and command. He was assigned as The Ramirez's personal ensign, carrying out whatever tasks were required, and learning quietly in the background all the time.

Group Associations:
Rogue Trader Juan Sanchez Ramirez

The Ramirez family have held a Warrant of Trade for since the Calixis sector was brought under Imperial control, their fleet of a dozen or so ships carrying all kinds of cargo across the entire sector. The flagship is Attero Dominatus, The Ramirez's own command, and a match for anything up to the size of a light cruiser.
The current Ramirez seems to have almost a 6th sense for finding salvage, wreckage of ships long lost to the void that often yield valuable cargo, and the occasional victims of pirates and raiders. Indeed, the freighter 'Dutiful Son' he found drifting, the only sign of the crew being a handfull of bloodstains on the floor. He put a prize crew onboard it and brought it back to port, though keeping a crew on it is hard, as it has a bad reputation. Some crewmen leave after only a single voyage, claiming to see the shades of the former crew, or hear inexplicable noises. He has replaced as many of the non essential roles with servitors as he can, but still needs to keep a few real void sailors aboard.

The Eldar Ranger, Amarial

Sevatar encountered Amarial in a small station outpost in the Merates Cluster. Ramirez had been docked there for resupply, and had given Sevatar leave to explore the station, with the same admonition he gave all the crew he was letting off the ship "Don't get into trouble you can't talk or fight your way out of, don't get killed and be back aboard in 12 hours or you'll be left behind."
While exploring the seedier side of an already seedy station, he happened across a quiet back-alley deal, the sale of what looked to be a perfectly functional Eldar shuriken pistol. His curiosity roused, he trailed the seller back to what appeared to be their base of operations. When the lights went out, a couple of hours later, he cautiously broke in, using his tech skills to disable the alarms and then the locks.
With his silenced pistol he killed the 4 men he found inside while they slept, and chained securely in a dingy, windowless box that barely fit the word room he found the much abused Amarial. To this day, he does not know entirely why he freed her from her captivity and smuggled her back onto his ship. Four months later he smuggled her back off the ship, leaving her on the world of Fedrid. As she crossed the treeline from the Port into the jungle itself she turned and spoke the second word she had ever said to him (the first being "Here" when they arrived in orbit of Fedrid). "Why?", in accented but perfectly understandable Low Gothic.
He answered the with the only truth he had. "It was necessary". She nodded once, pressed a small jewel into his hand, and disappeared into the jungle. The jewel he had set in a small broach which he wears as a keepsake. Anyone who asks about it he says it a memento of a woman he once knew, and does not like to talk about it.
Since that time, he has spotted her twice, two years later on Ganf Magna and again 6 months ago on Vaxanide, now dressed in what he recognizes as typical Ranger garb.

Second Lieutenant Sabbatine Macharia of the Battlefleet Calixus Lunar Class Cruiser 'His Will'.

Sabbatine was perhaps Sevatar's only real close friend at the Schola, much more physically adept than her studious friend. Though the two were approximately of the same age, she treated him as a younger brother, and the two have kept in touch (infrequently) since she joined the Fleet Academy, and he the enterage of Rogue Trader Ramirez.

Inquisitor 1:
Restricted. Enter Inquisitorial override to continue
Name: Lilith Quiyie
Ordo: Xenos
Faction: Ocularian
Female: Extremely attractive, wears clothing that flatters her form. Believed to have subtle mechanicus implants including haptic interface and pheromone generators. Probable psyker, grade unknown. Xenos specialty - Eldar.

Inquisitor 2:
Restricted. Enter Inquisitorial override to continue
Name: Karis Demetros
Ordo: Hereticus
Faction: Seculos Attendous (Radicals Handbook P126)
Male, appears mid 40s, left side of face shows extensive scaring, right side covered by metal plate, cybernetic eye. Normally carries ornate bolt pistol and several digital weapons, as well as a power mace.

Orientation:
Radical

Other Notes:

Notes to GM:
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dakkon

Looking cool! One other thing I didn't mention before is that I'm a big travel person, so I'd like to explore a variety of locals in the Sector. I've got a few picked out that I want to hit for sure, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm more than open to them!

SGTDan

I love travel in 40k!

I mean who doesn't love the warp, it's all warm and fuzzy, full of care bears who just want to show you affection. It's truly a magical place.

Spoilers
I'm being sarcastic
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

I hope that spoiler was unnecessary XD

Question, do you mind if we use our own sheets? i have one im particularly fond of.  ;D

Dakkon

Not at all! Just make sure you include the extra stuff I've asked for if you use it.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Well I should be done this sometime today

What is your sheet Darkling? I'm curious.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I just noticed that I get a sword AND knife...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SGTDan

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 12, 2014, 02:39:58 PM
I just noticed that I get a sword AND knife...
Look out we have a high roller!
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

ChaoticSky

Ive been eyeing Factor altrank, its a rather different approach... so i was wondering if we had any one planning on being a social type?

SGTDan

Not here...my man is the most anti social person to ever life.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

HairyHeretic

I think I can fake doing social ;)

With my background I'm thinking sociopath is probably closer to the mark mind you ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.