Vampire the Masquerade - Modern or Dark Ages [System]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2017, 06:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Hi there!

I'm looking to play in a Vampire: the Masquerade game or a Vampire: Dark Ages system game. I would like a chance to be a player in a game. While this is my post for seeking a group game, please note I'm also quite open if a GM would rather GM a 1x1 tale for me instead of trying to run a whole group.

Hopefully someone would like to GM a game where I can play. :)

GMs, you might read this and think "I want to invite him to a game, but my game doesn't quite fit these parameters! I'm not sure I should tell him about it." Well...if you've read my O/Os in my signature and think your Vampire game would be somewhere in line with 'em, holler at me. My preferences for playing are not 100% set in stone here other than my need for dice-rolling!

For a modern game, I have the 1st edition, the Revised edition, V20, and V5.  I'm looking for the following:
- Must use the system, dice rolling is a must!
- Set in the modern era, preferably within the past 100 years. (Hey, that's modern for an immortal bloodsucker, right??)
- I'm interested specifically in a Camarilla or Anarch chronicle. Right now, I'm really hankering to play a Nosferatu, a Ventrue, or a Toreador.
- I'd love something not set in the USA!
- Something in the NC or EX boards.

For a Dark Ages game, I have the V20 edition, so I'm fine with either of those and am looking for the following:.
- Must use the system, dice rolling is a must!
- I prefer something set somewhere around 1200-1230, though I am open to other times.
- Something in Mithras's court in Britain would be cool. Although I'd be open to anything that got written about a little in the Companions book for Dark Ages; there were some coolio settings there. (Bath is part of Mithras's domain; I wouldn't mind using Bath!) I'm also super interested in Rome and Constantinople as settings.
- Something where I can play a Ventrue, Nosferatu, or Malkavian would be nifty, though I'd be more than willing to play any Clan for a Dark Ages game.
- Something in the NC or EX boards.

Particulars you should know about me:
- I'm okay with plotty stories or smutty ones. I think it's a little more difficult to do pure smut in Vampire though so the plot/smut ratio should probably skew in favor of plot.
- Any game I'm in needs to be open to and accepting of crossgender writers for plot scenes and erotic scenes (Lords writing female characters, Ladies writing male characters, Lieges writing something that doesn't match their gender identity, Legates writing anything). I'm a Liege, and this makes my life easier when I don't have to care about the gender of co-writers and when they don't care about mine.
- I prefer writing dominant and/or sadistic characters, though I'll write a character of any gender. I can, for a GM that seems pretty chill, attempt to write outside my usual sadist dom roles, but you might have to walk me through what inter-character dynamics you expect for my character.
- I love it when I can plan pre-existing connections to other player's characters, so games that let me do that really excite me!
- I don't have a set post length or frequency; I post what feels needed for a given scene. If I can't post or there'll be a delay, I'll give notice--I'm good about giving notice if I'm not currently posting.
- Make sure to read my O/Os, please, linked in my signature!

Pockets

I've got something I can do for a Dark Ages game. I just some time to get things formatted into an actual game format.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Blythe

Bump. I am currently seeking to join a group like this again. :)

wander

I'm going to jump in as a player if a game gets off the ground. I got a Tzimisce ready to roll after the last round of a Vampire game near happening, though I'd be happy to make up and play a Giovanni seeing as that would seem more preferable.

Blythe

I am bumping this; I'd still love to find a good modern or Dark Ages system game to be a player in for Vampire, as always!

Some changes I've made to the opening post:
- A recent interesting group game changed my stance somewhat on metaplot in a favorable manner. I am more open to White Wolf's iconic NPCs being included now and generally a bit more open to metaplot. That game really showed me how White Wolf's NPCs and timelines/histories can be included tastefully, so it's won me over to considering such in other games.
- I have changed what Clans I'm looking to play--for the modern game, I'm no longer looking for a single-Clan chronicle, but instead a Camarilla or Anarch chronicle that permits me to play a Toreador. For a Dark Ages game, I'm no longer seeking to play a Setite or Brujah--I've added Ventrue and Malkavian to the list.

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Rook Seidhr

Tentatively interested if this happens. I like much more frequent posting than Blythe does, but I'd be willing to give a slower game a try if the GM understood I might get frustrated by the pace and be unable to maintain engagement with the story. Emphasis on might. It could work!

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Prosak

I may be interested in gming, and I am ok with a slower pace to the over all rp. However theres a few things to note.

1: Id prefer we use Masquerade.

2: I have never played within a world of Darkness ever, lol. So if I gm id need a little bit of a fair break on any mistakes. I am familiar with the world though. However this is through Bloodlines playthroughs. I have read about the lore, and looked into the system before. But I never looked to much into it because my personal game group is not interested in it. (The gm curse! Same old same old, nothing new. People only want familiar systems.)

3: While this is my first time gm'ing in A world of Darkness, I am familiar enough with the lore to agree that sex shouldn't really happen all to often. Vampires rarely if ever have any drive for sex and require the use of "The Blush of Life" To even be able to have sex.

4: This would be my first time doing a system pen and paper game through play by post. So I would also need people to help me figure out how to do the dice rolling.

Lastly, there will be no specific clan for players to play. I will allow any player involved to play within the clan of their choice and will cater the plot as to allow the players to interact with each other. I would give each player their own individual Sire npc for me to play. And we would start the game a short while after each players embrace (To be assumed you were all embraced roughly around the same time frame.) As to cater towards Blyths desire to plan pre-existing connections between other player's characters.

As for setting, seeing as Blyth wants anywhere other then the good ol u s of a and that no one argued, I will list a few potential places. Edinburgh Scotland. Liverpool England. Moscow Russia. Or Tokyo Japan. (That last one is not just because I like anime, lol. But because I thought Japan was a unique and interesting setting to suggest. :P )

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Prosak on June 07, 2018, 09:59:58 PM
I may be interested in gming, and I am ok with a slower pace to the over all rp. However theres a few things to note.

1: Id prefer we use Masquerade.

2: I have never played within a world of Darkness ever, lol. So if I gm id need a little bit of a fair break on any mistakes. I am familiar with the world though. However this is through Bloodlines playthroughs. I have read about the lore, and looked into the system before. But I never looked to much into it because my personal game group is not interested in it. (The gm curse! Same old same old, nothing new. People only want familiar systems.)

3: While this is my first time gm'ing in A world of Darkness, I am familiar enough with the lore to agree that sex shouldn't really happen all to often. Vampires rarely if ever have any drive for sex and require the use of "The Blush of Life" To even be able to have sex.

4: This would be my first time doing a system pen and paper game through play by post. So I would also need people to help me figure out how to do the dice rolling.

Lastly, there will be no specific clan for players to play. I will allow any player involved to play within the clan of their choice and will cater the plot as to allow the players to interact with each other. I would give each player their own individual Sire npc for me to play. And we would start the game a short while after each players embrace (To be assumed you were all embraced roughly around the same time frame.) As to cater towards Blyths desire to plan pre-existing connections between other player's characters.

As for setting, seeing as Blyth wants anywhere other then the good ol u s of a and that no one argued, I will list a few potential places. Edinburgh Scotland. Liverpool England. Moscow Russia. Or Tokyo Japan. (That last one is not just because I like anime, lol. But because I thought Japan was a unique and interesting setting to suggest. :P )

Scottish vampires. Oh my sides! Mind you if we're doing dark ages I'm likely more partial to either Scotland or England. All about them english longbows man.  xD

I would be cool with moscow or tokyo personally. Both seem like cool places for vampires to be...especially if a Gangrel, Tzsiemce or Settite. :3

Real question is whether we want to be part of the camarilla or all be part of a Sabat pack. I personally vote Sabat because it means more freedom to play our characters more freely as individuals while still being part of an organized group at the same time...plus I like how most sabat rituals basically are just extreme sports for vampires done for shit and giggles. One has you repeatedly jump through fire for gods sake! xD
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Prosak

Note: currently on phone.: Well, I am personally more interested in A modern setting is the thing. My personal group is aaaaaalways doing fantasy. They are only interested in dnd lol. So while it is not the same as something during 1200 to 1300s it is close enough that my interest may honestly falter. Not to be mean, just being honest that I would probably ask to bow out if it ends up being  dark ages. With no hard feelings of coarse.

Sabat or Camarilla  I would like to leave to your preference. Feel free to vote on either. And of coarse do not forget Anarch. However I will be blunt. If you all choose Sabat I won't make things easy. Not only hunters would find you easy to track since you wouldn't hide your nature or worry about the masquerade.  But also The Camarilla and Anarchs within the domain you play in would be a threat. (Due to the risk you pose to the masquerade.) I hate to be that gm that punishes a role play decision but, in the world of darkness being a Sabat from what I know is a short lived sect to be in.

wander

I won't be joining if Drow insists on giving his Pander all Clan-unique Disciplines. Again.

That said, I do want to play my Tzimisce body-mod artist.

Rook Seidhr

Not interested under these constraints. Have fun.

Blythe

I do appreciate the offer, Prosak, but I cannot find an O/O thread for you, and I am generally very reluctant to game with others when they have no preferences thread for me to read. In addition, while I like the Bloodlines game, with that being the main basis of your knowledge of the lore, given that the majority of mine comes from a lot of the books instead, I'd think it might be better if I passed on your kind offer, among other reasons. Though again, I do thank you for the offer. :)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on June 08, 2018, 12:26:48 AM
I won't be joining if Drow insists on giving his Pander all Clan-unique Disciplines. Again.

That said, I do want to play my Tzimisce body-mod artist.

*pinches the bridge of his nose* Wander simply remember what happened last time you did this. ^_^;

It actually will depend on what we decide for our setting time period eise. I personally am wagering it either Toreador, Settite or Tziscme if we go dark ages. ;)

wander

Rook Seidhr

I think I can run this (V20 Cam chronicle, to be precise, with slow enough posting rate that Blythe can participate). Mulling over campaign premises. Unfortunately, the first one that comes to mind is way outside the box, to the point that most players would probably not be interested, and the second one is even worse in that regard. If I can chase down a third one and stab it in the leg with a spork so it holds still, I'll post again :D

(For the dreadfully curious: first idea was Kindred infiltrating humankind's first extrasolar space colony; second idea is too complicated to explain briefly, but would probably fit Mage better than Vampire.)

Rook Seidhr

I started a worldbuilding thread. Those interested in playing are welcome to help me come up with a pitch that I will then post in "Players Wanted."

Rook Seidhr

I'm getting depressed enough that I can't write. We'll see how I feel about running this game when I'm feeling better, but if someone else wants to take a shot, please do—it may be a while.

Blythe

I think that for now I am no longer seeking a group of this type, so I will be locking the thread. Thank you for those that made offers & showed interest. :)

Blythe

Bump! Finally seeking again. I'm not quite in a headspace to GM things, I've realized, but I'm hoping if I can be a player for a little while in something perhaps I'll get back some of my GM creative spark.

I've made some modifications to my first post: I changed what settings I'd like for a Dark Ages game, I've changed the preferences for what Clans I want to play in both a modern or Dark Ages game, and I added a note about what to do if you think there's a game I'd like but you aren't sure if it fits for me/if it's not quite what's in this post! :)