looking for interest- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Started by apygoos, April 20, 2015, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Note: We are essentially making our own canon, especially since we still have sparse details on the post Battle of Endor.
The Premise: Rogue Squadron has always been the stuff of legends in Star Wars canons, some of the best the Alliance has to offer. Set 60 years after the Battle of Endor, Rogue Squadron has become the elite force of the Alliance. They're not just ace pilots anymore, they're some of the best soldiers  to hold a blaster. They continue to help the Alliance maintain peace, and keep any imperial resurgent at bay, the strongest force over the period of time that has emerged is an Imperial sect known as The Pantheon. They have control of a lot of the outer rim, promising peace and security, something that  Palpatine in all his time as emperor failed to being. The leaders of the Pantheon are largely unknown, but their show of strength in many respects has given foundation for their words.  Now a galaxy is slowly becoming conflicted as to which side they should trust for galactic stability.

Rogue Squadron is no easy honor to come upon, usually it is the best of the best that get the Rogue title, as they have their own personal cruiser, a mark II assault frigate named Rogue Shadow that houses their starships and place of living. This is a crew I envision to be tight knit, some of us may be longtime wingmen, a couple may be fresh inductees to the squadron at the start of the RP. Rivalries, romance, adventure, comedic justice, this RP has the potential for it all.

I am accompanied as always by the amazingly awesome Ashley, so we are looking for people to join the squadron. You will have your Rogue, and the option for a second character that is someone on the Rogue Shadow i.e. a mechanic, crew member, etc. This has been an idea we've been debating for some time, but that latest star wars trailer [which was confirmed that those Xwings are Rogue Squadron!] sealed the deal for us. I'm pretty sure Ash and I both were in tears by the end of those 2 minutes of amazingness.

Character Sheet:
Player Name:
Character Name:
Image: (real, animated, whatever portrays what you envision)
Specialty: (are you a crackshot sniper? Maybe theres nothing you cant fix, or have a gifted medical hand? if applicable, describe that here)
Personality:
Brief history:if you have any thoughts or questions in this portion, feel free to PM us and we will gladly collaborate ideas if you so wanted.)

Batman4560

MaiMizzu

And for clarification..
People who are Force sensitive in this era will be extremely rare. Extremely. And even more rare are trained ones. We do this for a reason. Rogue Squadron will have a Force sensitive character, but as of this moment only one. We want this story to focus on the exploits of Rogue Squadron.. not the Jedi and Rogue Squadron. So it should be quite shocking when we as a group come across a Force Sensitive being, whether they are good or bad. And sooner or later.. we will be encountering both.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

MaiMizzu

Player Name: MaiMizzu (call me Ashley!)
Character Name: Lieutenant Tifa Remone
Image:

Specialty:
Tifa is a natural mechanical engineer. If you put something mechanical in front of her, she can very quickly figure out exactly how it works and how to repair it. She loves to tinker with machines, sometimes even experimenting with them to see what would happen. She has many times nearly lost her life while test piloting small ships she ‘reworked’ to make them more ‘efficient’.
Personality: She is a very bright gal, but she can sometimes be something of an introvert. Tifa is also compassionate, almost to the point of fault. She genuinely cares for those around her, and once she becomes your friend, she is fiercely loyal. She tries to always keep herself in a good mood, she always tries to have a positive outlook on the world around her and those in it. But sadly, sometimes she is let down. In those times, she immerses herself in her work. Whether it’s taking apart an X-Wing or simply cooking a good meal.
Brief history: Tifa Remone was born 29 years ago on New Alderaan. Her parents were both mechanical engineers, and that trait seems to run in the family. At an early age she wanted to join the military ranks of the Alliance, to help do some good for her galaxy. To help people. And the moment her parents felt she was old enough (physically and mentally), she was allowed to leave New Alderaan and head to Coruscant. There she immediately joined the Alliance, and quickly rose through the ranks as one of the best pilots in her training class. Her mechanical abilities were also put to the test almost constantly, spending most of her free time in the repair bay. Whether it was a ship, a droid or a food dispenser, she had little trouble putting it back together in working order.
And now she has been allowed to move onto bigger and better things, having been chosen as one of Rogue Squadron's newest members.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Batman4560

Character Sheet:
Player Name: Batman4560
Character Name: Bendak Starslinger
Image:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Specialty: Wingman. While on the ground not many are as fearsome as a Mandalorian but in the air Bendak knows that he's at his best helping his fellow Rouge Squadron members. He's known for never having a flight partner go down while Bendak is helping him.
Personality: Silent and calculating. Bendak doesn't act without thinking. He likes to have a plan A and plan B to make sure that nothing catches him off guard. He's loyal to the Republic and the the Rouge Squadron over almost everything else. However it's his dream to bring the Mandalorian's together as a hole.
Brief history: There isn't much to know about Bendak, as a child he was taught to hunt and gather...to survive on his own by his parents. Then when he turned twelve his family left him on the planet Duxun to fend for himself. There he found relics of the Mandalorian society and pieced together the gear he would come to use to this day...Included in the heap of gear and relics he found was a downed A-Wing. He spent ten years restoring it and took to space. During his travels he came across a group of X-Wings in combat with Tie-Fighters and aided the X-Wings. Ever since he has been a member of Rogue Squadron.

rotburn

A game I was in went Hiatus, got room for a cheeky bloke?

apygoos

rotburn

That's great. I'm not really sure how in depth I want a history. I'd rather just play the loose cannon rookie type. Probably with a great love for weapons and appears at the oddest moments with sociably awkward phrases or something.  ::) I'm probably overthinking things already. It's that time for passing out on the couch.

apygoos

Character Sheet:
Player Name:apygoos
Character Name:Captain Jeysen Rendar
Image:
Specialty: Master Tactician and Ace pilot: Jeysen has spent a fair bit of his life thus far in the Alliance Navy, and has earned the recognition to back up his claims. He has spent the last five years in command of Rogue Squadron as Rogue Leader, and he always has a plan, no matter the scenario. During his eleven total years on Rogue Squadron, He has never lost a comrade, largely in part to his tactical prowess.

Personality:a flirt at the bar, but a fighter on the battlefield, Jeysen is a man whose pure presence commands respect. He is firefly loyal to his men and women, standing firmly on a no one left behind stance. Among his teammates he is highly trusting and much more willing to relax more fully and let loose. He is competitive by nature, at times making sport of certain particulars of an assignment

Brief history: Jeysen is the grandson of a pilot that was long thought dead, Dash Rendar. The boy was handed his grandfathers blaster pistol, and from his father taught that survival was what you made of it, take everything into consideration. This served as the mindset that would mold his tactical prowess. Jeysen then found his way into the ranks of the Mandalorians, honing his combat skills further, sharpening his tactical prowess until he joined the Alliance Navy at the young age of 18. Taking much after his grandfather, he was one of the best pilots many of the commanding officers had seen in a long while.

It was at age 23 though that Rendar received recommendation for Rogue Squadron by Admiral Antilles himself after seeing his performance first hand at the Battle of Bespin. It is rather hard to get ones hands on that action report, but Rendar will claim he shot down at least fifty Pantheon starfighters, in addition to blowing up a Pentheon convoy that was heading straight for the city with the quick and clever use of a Tabanna Gas platform.

Upon his promotion to Captain five years ago, he was formally given two ships, one being The Outrider, the former ship of his grandfather, and a complimentary ship that would help on larger operations, The Outrunner. The Outrunner was a more streamlines strictly transport ship, but its evasiveness and maneuverability make it near impossible to pin down.

Rendar continues his career, actually enjoying his time with Rogue Squadron. He has been with then on a great many missions with them and looks forward to many more, even if rumors say that he is one of the top contenders for the title of Mandalore.

zergmuncher

How would everyone feel about my character being a grand daughter to Aurra Sing? She'd hide her last name and keep it a secret so no one would hate her. I think it would lead to quite the plot and story/character development down the line.

Orange Marmalade

Definitely interested! Was in the Star Wars game with you two last year that had a rough start, and I'm still craving Star Wars!

I'll come up with a concept, thinking of possibly converting my old concept into this. Former clone commando turned Rogue Squadron member a possibility?

apygoos

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on April 23, 2015, 02:52:20 AM
Definitely interested! Was in the Star Wars game with you two last year that had a rough start, and I'm still craving Star Wars!

I'll come up with a concept, thinking of possibly converting my old concept into this. Former clone commando turned Rogue Squadron member a possibility?
its not impossible, but, do keep in mind this is sixty years after the battle of Endor, I don't recall any of the clone commando's having any sort of aging restricting agent in them. Either way I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: apygoos on April 23, 2015, 03:07:17 AM
its not impossible, but, do keep in mind this is sixty years after the battle of Endor, I don't recall any of the clone commando's having any sort of aging restricting agent in them. Either way I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Sounds good!

Are we pretty much following the official timeline for these 60 years post Endor? (from 4 ABY ~ 64 ABY?)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

apygoos

we may pull aspects from it, but this is largely out own timeline presently.
As mentioned in my character sheet the only notable Battle [not necessarily events] was the Battle of Bespin, which fun fact, for both the Alliance and The Pantheon, "never happened"
Ashley and I will be working on a timeine of important events. people that want to use pieces of existing tiemline where possibly applicable is part of why we encourage you to speak with us, to see what can be came up with.

The only thing i would say no to presently, is a child of Skywalker or Solo, if only because, the grandparents would still be alive and be major NPCs. On terms of NPCs, people may be able to relax knowing that R2-D2 is trolling around the Rogue Shadow somewhere at all times, and is a GM NPC.

And now that i reminded myself, keep in mind, you are also in charge of your astromech droid. now, you can largely ignore it if you want and just have it as background info, but I know my astromech droid is going to be amusing to say the least.

Batman4560

Has anyone been reading the Darth Vader Comic? There are really twisted types of droids similar to R2 and 3PO in it that are super dark. I'm thinking of having my Astromech be sort of like that.

Juggtacular

I've got a character I'd like to bring in. A Kiffar who was forced into working with the Empire and unwillingly cybernetically enhanced. Finally he had enough, cut tail and ran.

If the Force Sensitive spot is open, I'd love to use him in that capacity, and just scrap the cybernetics...hhehehe, scrap.

apygoos

The Cyborg would make for interesting plotlines methinks. The only thing is, the cyborg wouldve had to come form a top secret project, because as a whole The Pentheon is not doing these kind of things in the open, or even en-masse. im curious to see what you come up with.

Juggtacular

Quote from: apygoos on April 23, 2015, 07:02:04 PM
The Cyborg would make for interesting plotlines methinks. The only thing is, the cyborg wouldve had to come form a top secret project, because as a whole The Pentheon is not doing these kind of things in the open, or even en-masse. im curious to see what you come up with.

Cyborg it is then. And yeah, it wouldn't be general knowledge of what was done to him. I should have the app up in a bit.

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name: Lieutenant Ahran Vos
Image:

Specialty:

Psychometry - About 1 in every 100 Kiffar come to possess Psychometry at some point in their life, with Clan Vos having a slightly higher rate. Psychometry is the ability to "read" the past of an object or a person. So if Ahran were to pick up a blaster, he'd be able to see that blasters past, like who was shot with it and things of that nature. It's not much use in combat, but it does have it's applications. He's still getting used to it as he's only recently discovered the ability.

Cybernetics - Ahran is literally chocked full of cybernetics. From mods to make him faster and stronger, to built in targeting computers in his eyes and more. Sometimes he's convinced he's more machine than man, even if they're all on the inside. He makes full use of them however, as he can't take them out without dying. So he might as well make the best of the situation.

Personality: Ahran used to be happy and bright and chipper. That changed when his life did though. Nowadays he's jaded, gruff, and pretty cynical. He can't help it considering what he's seen and what he was forced to do. However if you earn his respect, and the right to call him friend, he changes a bit. He can be funny(even if his sense of humor is pretty grim), kind, compassionate, and loyal to the point that he'd kill for you. Anyone can die for a friend, it takes real courage to kill for them. One thing that never changed though was his roguish charm. He knows how to put on a smile for the ladies and has left quite a few ports with them chasing behind him.

Brief history:
Not So Brief

Ahran was born into Clan Vos on the plant Kiffu located on the Inner Rim. His father was the current Sheyf of the Kiffu Guardians, and as such Ahran was raised to lead from a young age. Private tutoring, combat training, politics, etc... He was taught all of these things rigorously to make sure he would be a good Clan Leader. He excelled in his studies, and seemed to be on the fast track to success.

However he never got to make his father proud, and he never got to lead his people. On a routine supply run that his father Krellan thought would be good to ride along with to show his son how things worked, they were attacked by Imperials. Kiffu was a valued planet within the Alliance(with them basing training and other tactics off of the Guardians) so attacking such a high ranked individual was unheard of for quite some time.

He was betrayed by a man who wanted more power than he saw himself able to attain through simple hard work, which was how they broke through the early warning defenses. The Imperials hit them fast and hard, disabling their ship with a quick barrage of Ion Blasts. It didn't take long for them to board, and once they were inside the skills of the Guardians didn't seem to matter against the sheer numbers of the Stormtroopers. Men he'd trained with, who'd been like family to him were cut down before his very eyes because the Imperials didn't seem to understand the concept of mercy or even simply focusing on the person they'd come for.

They just killed...everyone. Ahran managed to kill four before a stun bolt knocked him unconscious. He awoke in a cell with his father, who was badly beaten, but still alive. He explained the reason why was because Moff Brelkin wanted to torture and kill him personally. Brelkin had been aboard the ship, and he was the one who stunned Ahran. Several hours later, Brelkin arrived and had both father and son taken to the torture chambers. He took great joy in trying to break Krellan, but less when the man refused to divulge any information about the Alliance or any potential weaknesses.

After making Ahran watch his father being slowly tortured to death, Breklin informed the young man of sixteen that he had impressed him when they stormed the ship. As such, he would be given an opportunity to escape his fathers fate. Join the Empire willingly, or die. What choice did he have? If he died, that wouldn't solve anything. He needed to live; his father would want him to live. He accepted the terms, but just to make sure, Brelkin made sure his training was extra difficult and something akin to brainwashing.

For two years he was put through grueling training to make him even better at killing, and when he turned 18, he was given his first assignment and posting. He was with a small wet works squad deployed in the Outer Rim. Their job was simple. Eliminate anyone in their power found guilty of going against the Empire in any way. He was a very efficient soldier, and his higher ups quickly noticed just how ruthless he could be. He hated every moment, but what choice did he have? Brelkin always kept a close eye on him as he was something of a twisted project for the man.

He saw Ahran's potential true, but he also loved seeing what Krellan had left behind and seeing the barely restrained pain and resentment in his sons eyes when he looked at his killer and was forced to acknowledge him as his master. For five years Ahran unwillingly served the Empire, yet excelled due to the realization that his death would be immediate if he failed. And during those five years, Brelkin kept a hawk eye on him. Finally one day, Ahran was informed that he'd been chosen for a procedure that would make him an even better soldier. He was told only the best were given this treatment.

What he wasn't told was that it was still highly experimental, and the odds of survival were extremely low, even for someone like him. He wasn't told that he'd be the first to undergo the treatment, or that Brelkin just wanted to see if his scientists weren't blowing smoke out of their ears. It didn't really matter though, as it wasn't like he had much choice in the matter. Also to make matters even more painful.

Because the body and brain reacted differently to stimuli when asleep as opposed to being awake...they couldn't sedate him for the procedure. Even with the small bit of anesthetic he was given, he could feel them cutting him open. Shoving cybernetics into his body. He watched as they were implanted into his eyes, he cried from that. He cried more when they peeled back his skin to graft them onto his muscles and bones. The entire procedure took place over the course of nearly two weeks as they crammed every type of cybernetic he could handle into him.

He passed out several times from the near constant agony, and when he did, the surgery would wait until he woke up only to start all over again. They left him in a Bacta tank for a few weeks to recover, and thankfully most of his scars healed. After a recovery period, he was put right back to work and was tested to see how he took to the implants. He performed beyond expectations and was considered a resounding success. But he'd finally had enough. Being turned into a guinea pig on subtle threat of death was the straw that broke the Nerf's back.

On his next assignment, he killed the three soldiers with him and disappeared. They'd worked together for years so they didn't expect for him to turn on them...it was actually pretty easy. He made his way back to the inner rim, back to Kiffu. He'd been listed as KIA along with his father for years at this point. He was welcomed home and fully reinstated to his position as a Guardian and within Clan Vos though. However he got restless soon after. It wasn't long before the need to get back out there and take the fight to the Empire, to find Brelkin and kill him...wormed it's way around his skull. With all the information against the Empire he'd brought back with him, as well as being a member of the Guardians, it wasn't hard for him to get a good position within the GA. Eventually he found himself with Rogue Squadron, and he's been with them ever since. One day he will kill Brelkin though.

Batman4560

Juggtacular

zergmuncher

Character Sheet:
Player Name: Zergmuncher
Character Name: Evelyn Sing
Image:
Specialty: Evelyn is an expert sniper and can hit almost any target that she wants to. This quality really helps her when she's in her X-wing as well as she's able to track long ranged targets with her eyes.
Personality: When not in combat Evelyn is mischievous, flirtatious, sweet, cheerful and straight up all around nice person to be around. When in combat, Evelyn is all business. She doesn't play when there's business to be done. She's extremely mission first oriented when there's something to be done and doesn't joke around on the job.
Brief history: Evelyn comes from a heritage of the infamous Aurra Sing, bounty hunter and famed Jedi hunter. Aurra is her grandmother, however she didn't spend much time with her as her mother didn't want Granny Aurra's influence to rub off on Evelyn. Evelyn grew up wanting to make a difference in the world. She wanted to be a part of something more than just a waitress on Nar Shaddaa. So when she became of age she left Nar Shadaa seeking a life better than what she had. Seeing that the Alliance was making that sort of difference, she enlisted. Since then she's excelled and showed people that she's a force to be reckoned with. Not force sensitive like her Granny, though she was amazing with a rifle and anything else with a sight and an aiming device. She was able to hit just about any target she chose and continues to do so to this day. After a period of time in her service, Evelyn was recommended to join Rogue Squadron in which she excelled in, standing out among her peers. After demonstrating that she has the skills to pay the bills.

apygoos

MaiMizzu

We're still looking for a few more members for Rogue Squadron! Come one come all, we want this to be YOUR epic Star Wars story!

Vergil Tanner

Ummmm.....I might be interested. I'll have to do some quick maths and decide whether I have the time to pick up a new RP, but if I decide I do...is there a list of species somewhere that I can do my homework on? And what are the ships like in this Canon? Is there a list of ships you want us to pull from? Or can we largely make s**t up? Because I was toying with a character whose speciality isn't necessarily dogfighting, but a "Support" ship that is slightly bigger and bulkier, but offers benefits to nearby ships. For example, if you're near this characters ship, this character can target you with a shield generator that protects your ship some. Not quite to the extent that the Second Death Star was protected by the generator on Endor, but something to that effect.

Basically what I'm asking is twofold:

A) Is a support ship viable/allowed?

2) If so, is there a specific list of ships that you would like us to pick from? Or at least a list of ships that could be present in 60 years time.

Please and thank you! :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.