Odyssey to the West (seeking F)

Started by Garrit, February 29, 2012, 08:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrit

Greetings

I am not usually interested in fanfic or videogame characters, but I was really surprised by how well put together this one was.  In terms of RPing, what I am proposing is simply something inspired by the characters and the game setting.  Also, because the game's story, setting, and characters are so basic - it really leaves a lot of room for RPing.  If you played the game, you probably know what I am talking about.  If not, that's fine too.  Let me list the attributes about the game that we could use in an RP:

Setting-
Although this is post-apoc. the setting actually reads more as a fantasy.  The world has returned to a lush wilderness, which has overgrown the ruins of the cities.  Monsters are roving battle-robots left over from the apocalyptic war many centuries ago.  Before the apocalypse, people had developed futuristic technology so there are sci-fi stuff like shields and lasers and junk, which allows people to fight robots hand to hand.  Its really not an important part of the story.  In fact, tech is more like magic in the lack of understanding and rareness of it, which I'd like to push more in the RP.  People are few and far between and are organized in tribes.  The primordial almost caveman like situation is also something I'd like to use in the RP.

Characters-
Better described by picture:

Story-
Definitely keep the idea of the journey.  Also gotta have the unlikely travelers and insurmountable odds.  Not interested in rehashing the game's storyline.  Also, its not necessary to flesh out an RP storyline beforehand.  Could use the game's motives of: girl needs to get home so enlists/forces help of warrior.  Or we can say he discovers her in a stasis pod.  Which ever the case, I think we should keep the tech able girl (mage) and warrior dynamic. 

My RP Style-
I am a very descriptive writer and I am primarily interested in character development.  Anyway, check out my links below for more info.

Interested?
Please PM thanks!