Oceana Fantasy: Cruise Ship Sandbox (Hetero and LGBTQ welcome!)

Started by Amelita, September 26, 2013, 10:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

Of course ;) just post a sheet in the character checkpoint :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lunaris

My goodness. I'm supposed to be lesbian! The female characters for this thread are lovely as always. But some of these men... If I joined in, I'd probably come out bi!  XD

Amelita

Hi Lunaris :)

I guess you'll just have to submit a character and see which way it sways ;)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Senti

As well as one character I may have to make an old spinster that knits and solves crimes.

mia h

Quote from: Lunaris on September 28, 2013, 11:28:50 AM
My goodness. I'm supposed to be lesbian! The female characters for this thread are lovely as always. But some of these men... If I joined in, I'd probably come out bi!  XD

Just thing of it as being an equal opportunities cruise  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Amelita

Quote from: Senti on September 28, 2013, 12:15:36 PM
As well as one character I may have to make an old spinster that knits and solves crimes.

Sounds good to me ;) She would be funny as my chief security officer's great aunt or something :P

Senti

Lunaris

Quote from: Amelita on September 28, 2013, 11:44:31 AM
Hi Lunaris :)

I guess you'll just have to submit a character and see which way it sways ;)

Challenge accepted!  ;D

Senti

Crash

Quote from: Lunaris on September 28, 2013, 12:38:42 PM
Challenge accepted!  ;D

I was thinking of including a lesbian girl as well, so she might find someone with common interests. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kokaine

Alright... working on a couple characters because I desperately want to play grown up characters right now and the muse can handle those, not to mention a certain someone got a plot bunny going. *cough* >.>

Anyhow ... *goes to work on Lucy and Nyx*
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Amelita

Orange Marmalade

Vaguely considering a character here... but I'm sort of waiting to see how busy some other roleplays end up. If I do play, I'd probably make a couple of masculine homos :)

Amelita

Hi and welcome ;) Jump in and submit characters whenever you want, always happy to have more people on board  ;D

We'll be kicking off IC very soon, tonight or tomorrow depending on how much longer I manage to stay awake ::) But the game will be open for new players and new characters regardless :)

shanester

Hello, this looks like it would be a lot of fun. I have submitted a character in the submission thread.

Thanks!
Shanester

Amelita

Woot! Welcome, I'm headed over there now to look and will go over it all better when I'm properly in front of my computer  ;D

Flower

-peeks in and looks around-

Will be attempting to make a charrie sheet for this. Hopefully I can come up with something new and interesting. ::)

Amelita

Hah, I never saw this. Well, Flower. You are part of the game by now with your lovely girly!

We remain open, however, in case someone is in a mood for a cruise ;)

Dhi

I'm interested in bringing in a lesbian character, but not immediately, and I'd like to do some socializing and see who might be interested in writing together. Is it okay for me to post in the OOC?

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Amelita

Quote from: Dhi on October 18, 2013, 10:02:20 PM
I'm interested in bringing in a lesbian character, but not immediately, and I'd like to do some socializing and see who might be interested in writing together. Is it okay for me to post in the OOC?

Well, the OOC is for the game's writers to socialize.

If you post a WIP character sheet in the character checkpoint, just a rough idea on what you had in mind, you're good to post in the OOC since that counts you as a potential player :) If you decide you don't wish to join after all, I'll simply ignore the WIP sheet instead of considering it for approval.

Sound reasonable? :)

Dhi

Hey Josi! I've been in the mood to play a Muslim character again, so I've been bouncing around ideas.

Amelita: Way reasonable, thanks! I will need a little time before I'm even ready to do that much, though.

Playing a Muslim character in a game that requires a recognizable figure is a challenge. At the moment I'm looking at models who inspire me and working backward into the kind of character I'd like to play, since finding a matching model to a character archetype from countries where modeling is tantamount to prostitution is probably not going to happen. I noticed there are some Middle Eastern characters in the cast already though, that's very cool.

Amelita

Well you're absolutely free to browse around the game threads if that helps at all, and chatting in here is perfectly fine too :)

I totally understand needing to find that perfect face, and there is no hurry in this since we're going to remain open and there's plenty of game left.

As for your character, I have an MI6 agent on board and if you feel like a plot like that, I'd be totally up for her being under his protection for some reason or other ::)

One of the things I've tried to establish for this game is diversity. Ethnically and sexually speaking we have a quite nice range in that and I'd love to see more cultural diversity too!  ;D

Dhi

Nathan Barrett, right? Could be interesting!

The setting and the allowance for all ages as NPCs brought to mind an early idea of a mother looking after her son, the heir of a Saudi prince or Kuwaiti emir. The cruise is largely for the son, who would be mostly or entirely off-screen so as not to dictate what kind of content can happen when I'm sharing a scene with other characters. I liked the idea of a woman from a loveless marriage, one of multiple wives, stuck between religion and responsibilities and the temptations of the decadent ship.

If this sounds like a doable idea, perhaps Nathan Barrett's official responsibility is to the son, but our characters are naturally acquaintances.

The diversity is much appreciated. When you put the LGBTQ tag on there, we do stop and look. It's not much fun being the only gay character in a game, after all.