Creating Links to other Posts without opening a new window?

Started by Twisted Crow, July 31, 2015, 06:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Not the end of the world if this can't happen, and this isn't really needed. I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it. :-)

Beguile's Mistress

I think you can set it up with you browser settings to open a link in the same window, the same tab, or a new window or new tab.  Depends on your browser and how it works.  I'm assuming you mean embedded links in stories and posts.

Vekseid

In the age of tabs, this sort of thing is more annoying than nifty -_-

Oniya

It can go both ways - like when you discover that you've inadvertently opened 12 tabs to the same site by following links.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bloodied Porcelain

If you're looking to just send the viewer to a link in the same page/thread and you're doing it in BBCode, you can use the link/anchor codes. A link is what they click to get there, and the anchor is where they end up once the link is clicked.

So in your TOC for a game info thread, you do the following:

[link=CharacterSheet]Character Sheet[/link]

and in the post for the character sheet you put:

[anchor=CharacterSheet]Character Sheet[/anchor]

Bear in mind these can, but don't usually use actual URLs for the posts. This makes it possible so you can put them in the middle of particularly long posts if you want to point to a specific section of the post, etc. You can see how they're used in this thread.

As for actual links to other pages/posts that are outside of the 24 posts you can currently view in the thread, I don't know.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.