Return of the Mad King [D&D 5th ed. Open... Again!]

Started by Inkidu, September 15, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

They're fairly androgynous yes, but I think I'll go for mostly female.

Name: Sideth'el
Titles: Duchess of Shade, Lady of the Nocturne, Mistress of the Long Knives, among countless others.
Favored Appearance: She likes to appear as a tall, lithe woman in dark black robes with gold trim. She has totally black canted eyes and sunset-red hair. She is deathly quiet and soft-spoken. She can only be seen (lest she deigns it) by her patron or those with True Sight. She speaks almost exclusively in the language of the fey.
Favorite Spirit Animal Shapes: Snow Raven with black markings, an obsidian colored fox, or a white and golden ferret.

General Biography: One of the elder mistresses of the sunset court Sideth'el, only a handful of fey are stationed above her. While no the most powerful fey, is one of the more active. She favors manipulation and plots, some say for the sake of simply plotting. She tends toward abject neutrality favoring her own plans whether they succeed or fail. She does not brook slights or fools, but is slow to anger. Her rage has caused wars. The coming techno-magical age has caused her no small amount of irritation and fascination. Ambitious and cautious she always endeavors to hide her true motivation.

How your character became indentured to her: Her pact with your character has predated the Rise of the Mad King itself. Sidethe'el gazed long into the future and knew she'd need a servant to take advantage of the postwar malleability of the material plane. Only she knows her ultimate goal, but she made a pact several generations back promising your great, great grand parents (appearing as an auroral elf spirit animal) an unbroken and powerful line, telling them her children would be reincarnated from a long dead noble arctic-elf hero.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

I have AIM, if you want to work on things there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 06, 2014, 03:24:28 PM
I have AIM, if you want to work on things there.
Nope, can't. Instant messengers are pretty data-hoggy. :| Just PM me. Less rapid, but at least when I'm on I'll get the message.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

I have my background written, I just need to type it up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

I'm going to try to type up my background before bed, but I am currently in the middle of backing up my laptop so I'll have to use my tablet. Luckily, I have a bluetooth keyboard for just such an emergency.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

I apologize for not posting my background, I was in the middle of building my current PC and installing the OS.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

No big rush. My interwebz runs on a monthly allowance and it's a couple of days from a necessary reset. :P

ShadowFox89

Yeah, I have about 20 games I need to install into this new computer. Luckily, it has a terabyte hard drive.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Sweet. 

My new desktop's about 1/4 that big, but it's solid state, and I don't play computer games.  It'll open pdfs like there's no tomorrow.   :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

There are nascent threads!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215477.msg10591127#msg10591127

They will be getting worked on intensely. I'm holding off on the game thread until we get the profiles in, but we should be getting caught up in a few days. I need to make some solo-game replies too.

Lots. Of. Work. To. Do.

Muse

Party time!  Game's goign to start! 

Now if the food will get here before the hole in my stoamch eats my brain.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on October 13, 2014, 07:51:57 PM
Party time!  Game's goign to start! 

Now if the food will get here before the hole in my stoamch eats my brain.  ^_^;;
Yeah, I'll get it started as soon as I get everyone's character sheets.

Not gonna' lie, game's probably going to be quite slow. Patience is key.

ShadowFox89

That's fine, I can't really post two to three days out of the week anyway.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Florence

Oh! I'll try to get my thing posted up in the other thread soon! :D Can't wait to start x3
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inkidu