Recently approved? Join the Mafia and meet people!

Started by Valerian, March 24, 2010, 09:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

By which I mean the Mafia party game, of course.   ;D  The Mafia Game (or its equally popular variant, Werewolves of Miller's Hollow) have long been a big part of the non-adult games here on Elliquiy, and they can be a great way to meet people.  If you're a new member, and hoping to get more involved in the forums, a round or two of this game might be just the thing.

For those unfamiliar with the game, Mafia was developed at Moscow State University in 1986, by a psychology student who wanted to study the effects of having an informed minority working against an uninformed majority.  In other words, the Mafia (or werewolves, or rebels trying to overthrow a king, etc.) know who their allies are, but they must work in secrecy, since they are greatly outnumbered by the innocents, who are unaware of who they can trust.  Each night, the Mafia choose one other player to eliminate from play; each day, everyone votes to "lynch" or otherwise remove someone from the game.  Special roles -- such as a guardian who can shield one player from the Mafia each night, or a seer who can spy out the roles of others -- shake up the game and keep everyone on their toes.  (You can look through the Vault or peek into Mafia Madness for examples of how the games work.)

Lies and deception are the order of the day, but remember, it's nothing personal.  :)  This is a light roleplaying game, and I'll be keeping the groups small (about 10 people) so rounds can move along fairly quickly.  Roles are assigned randomly, and themes will vary from game to game.  Note that private communications among the players and GM are a necessity, so even though there's no adult content, you must be a fully approved member, able to send and receive private messages on the boards.

Post here, or send me a private message if you're interested.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Last chance!  The plotting and scheming will begin soon, but I can still take one or two more players if anyone else is interested.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

I might be too late, but I love this game, and would like to join.

Caeli

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on April 20, 2010, 08:28:43 PM
I might be too late, but I love this game, and would like to join.

If you become an approved member, then you can definitely come back and make a request to join the next game! You need to be approved to play because this game requires the use of PMs.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lord Mayerling

Thank you. I think I realized that as soon as I posted.

I'll look for the next game when it comes along. Thanks everyone.

-LM