News:

Main Menu

WoW saves a boy.

Started by Zakharra, December 08, 2007, 10:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakharra

TonyWoods

Nice to see WoW (or any MMO) being attributed with saving a person for once as opposed to being 'responsible' for their death/them killing someone else etc!
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Well, in the end, who cares how someone learns these things, as long as they learn them?
There is big talk over here about using multi media as a learning tool in schools, some schools are actually using youtube and challenging pupils to do better than the teachers.

Beasty also used to play web based platform games with educational messages. One in particular, you couldn't start a new level until you answered questions on net safety...
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Monochromatic

Amazing! I agree with TonyWoods - it's good to see something positive for once.

Though... and enraged moose? What the? I couldn't help but laugh at the picture that formed in my head.

*Chews on Elvi*

TonyWoods

Quote from: Elvi on December 09, 2007, 03:16:45 PM
Well, in the end, who cares how someone learns these things, as long as they learn them?
There is big talk over here about using multi media as a learning tool in schools, some schools are actually using youtube and challenging pupils to do better than the teachers.

Beasty also used to play web based platform games with educational messages. One in particular, you couldn't start a new level until you answered questions on net safety...

Personally I say just throw 'em in the woods and let them see if they are smart enough to figure it out for themselves...

Then again, I'm not really a child friendly person.

Err, not in the Gary Glitter way, mind...

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Hey Mono! Long time no see....*hugs*....but can you leave some of my neck for Strangely please, he'll get all jealous..

*rolls eyes*

I hate people who forget they were once snotty nosed little brats.
*looks pointedly at Woodsy*
(Oh and we often through her in the woods to see if she remembers....*grins*)

TonyWoods

Once? Hey, I'm still very much in that stage and enjoying it thank you :D

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Monochromatic

:-[ What he doesn't know wont kill him! *Hugs* Yeah, been a really long time. I keep vanishing. In the middle of writing a rant explaining why - I'm determined to come active again, I promised Veksie xD.

Elvi

Quote from: TonyWoods on December 09, 2007, 03:29:37 PM
Once? Hey, I'm still very much in that stage and enjoying it thank you :D

Yeah.....the 'snail trails' on your sleeves give it away....

And it would be good to have you around again Mono (though as Strangely is active again AND sat neXt to me, there can be nooooo secrets...) *grins*

TonyWoods

Quote from: Elvi on December 09, 2007, 03:39:58 PM
Yeah.....the 'snail trails' on your sleeves give it away....

That?

Err, that ain't snot...

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Celestial Goblin

Compulsory World of Warcraft grind in the school curricullum! Think of the children! ;)

kongming

Using Youtube to teach. Heheheh. Oh, how awesome it would be.

"Okay everyone, this should help you understand the basics of trigonometry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 "
*click*
"Never gonna' give you up!"
"Wha?"
"HA! You just got Rickroll'd!"
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Celestial Goblin

Hey, let's just use the internet at large for education. It's a fount of knowledge, right?

"Timmy, what animals are there on a farm?"
"Horse, cow, piggy and goatse, miss."

Bliss

This from the comments? Rocked my day:

LOL, I can see it

Hans: Hey look a moose! Imma try to tame it.
Sister: No Hans hes an elite, he'll resist hardcore! Plus you'll agro it before you even get close!
Hans: Ah dont worry sis, Ive tamed rabbits before this will be cake-....

**Entering Combat**

An Enraged Moose enrages!

Hans: Oh frack, run!
Sister: See ya!
*vanish, sprint*
An Enranged Moose headbut crits Hans for 896 points of damage! (crushing) (absorbed)
*Feign*
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Nell

xD WoW? hahahaha what rubbish

Zakharra

Quote from: Cloud on January 01, 2008, 10:43:28 AM
xD WoW? hahahaha what rubbish

Hey, if it works, don't knock it.

Nell

Quote from: Zakharra on January 01, 2008, 11:44:28 AM
Hey, if it works, don't knock it.
I know, it just irks me that someone would be so amazingly ignorant and myopic to have to learn something like that from WoW.

Sabby

This kid probably runs into shops doors continuously while he waits for them to open.

Zakharra

Quote from: Cloud on January 01, 2008, 01:41:14 PM
I know, it just irks me that someone would be so amazingly ignorant and myopic to have to learn something like that from WoW.

Why? Not everyone knows what to do around wild animals anymore. More and more people are urban dwellers, not country/farm folk. Would it have been better if he had learned it from a scout troop(or the nation's equivalent)?