Legend of Dragoon OC RP

Started by JayNighte, April 02, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Goo Theory

It's going great.  I finally got a damn job.  Just a bit more hectic during training than it was supposed to be.  Super huge class this cycle. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

That's really awesome to hear.  Glad things are looking up!

Green Goo Theory

Alright, for starters I want people's input on a time frame.  Shortly after the end of the game, a few years, a decade, century+? 

This information isn't really set in stone or anything.  I just want to get a feel for what everyone was interested in playing.  Not everything is mandatory but the more the better
just to better understand the whole thing. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:
Race:
Home town:
Current location:
Element/Color: (Even if you aren't going for a dragoon spirit)
Personality:
History:

Also!  Opinions on a starting point for the roleplay in regards to location.

Coming soon...

EdwardShane

In my opinion, I think it might be good to have it maybe...at least a decade or two after the ending of the game?  Give it a decent amount of time maybe.

As for my character, you may have to forgive my more newbie amount of experience concerning the world as a whole.  Feel free to point out discrepancies, give suggestions, or other similar things if you notice anything wrong.  Google is not being helpful in providing me with a whole lot of information on winglies it seems, so I may have to improvise and go by what information I am given.  In short, I guess I am winging it *BAD PUN ALERT*

The start location....uhhhhhhh.....I have no idea or opinion there, lol.  Whatever works for the majority I guess? 

Name: Zephyria
Race: Winglie
Home town: Winglie Forest
Current location: (Wherever is most convenient for the start point.  I will edit that in when it is decided)
Element/Color: Darkness/Black with purple highlights
Personality: Zephyria outwardly seems rather stoic and serious at most times, but this was tempered from necessity.  This can be sometimes mistaken for callousness, due to her seeming unhesitating nature of decision making.  Her tenacity is rather difficult to match, and she is quite intellectual.  However, she would gladly put her life on the line for those she -does- get close to, and beneath her hardened exterior, she is a quite caring individual. 
History: Growing up, Zephyria seemed more like a human child than a winglie one, due to her seeming lack of aptitude concerning using magic.  At best, she was capable of doing little more than minor telekinetic tricks.  These abilities only minorly improved as time went by.  Eventually, the situation was looked at a bit more in depth, and it was determined that there was something missing...a broken link that prevented her from growing magically.  When she learned of this, she sought permission to travel to the outside world so as to search for what might fill the void that kept her from being complete.  This permission was granted.

After leaving the forest, Zephyria was exposed to how cruel and heartless the world could truly be.  She endured many hardships, and was forced to adapt and grow stronger in order to survive.  The once friendly, playful girl turned into a skilled, unyielding, and calculating young woman in order to survive.  Eventually, she ran across legends of Dragoons, warriors who wielded the power of dragons.  Perhaps, she thought, this could be an answer to the dilemma set before her, should she manage to figure out how to become one.  Thus, her true quest began, as she began searching for how to become a dragoon...  (tenative start, potential to be edited/added on to later as needed)

for clarification, the telekinetic capabilities will only really be used in terms of when she is using her weapons, a pair of chakrams.  she can use it to guide them if/when they leave her hands, thus allowing thrown ones to be redirected at a distance to an extent and also to return them to her hands.  even without this, they are also quite capable melee weapons at the same time.

Green Goo Theory

Looks good.  And this would probably be a fairly informal set up.  I'd never get the member base i'd want for a more  strict set up.  So not being a master of everything LoD is A-ok.
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

All right, good to know.  If you as the GM are happy with it, that's good enough for me.  I did make the history the way I did under the assumption that I would not be starting with full dragoon capabilities...is that fine as it stands, or would everyone be starting with that kind of capability?

Rajah

Timeline: A century or more after the game ends, long enough for the world to settle into new configurations and the legends of the dragoons to once again fade into just that - legends.
Location: Somewhere the GM finds interesting and attractive for game-running. My experience is that things run a lot more smoothly and pleasantly the more invested the GM is in their story.

Name: Taegul Ramakh
Race: Human
Hometown: Bale
Current location: Wherever; he can be in transit shortly before the game begins to facilitate arrival
Element/Color: Light / Silver and white with golden highlights
Personality: Straightforward and confident to the point of arrogance, both pragmatic and independent; his one concession to frivolity is a certain tendency to show off when circumstances permit.
History: A "simple woodsman", Taegul is the son of Alara Ramakh, foremost duelist and swordswoman in Basil in her day. Past her prime, she's given up the art and retired to a quieter life of art, music, and high society; her efforts to teach her children the importance of strength and etiquette, unfortunately, did not mirror her martial accomplishment. Taegul's older sisters are a Sandora terrorist and a wandering "dragonslayer" yet to slay anything, respectively, and Taegul himself left home when the lessons turned abusive as desperation and bitterness overtook Lady Alara. Heading into the woods beyond Bale to spite his noble blood, he spent several years keeping the trails clear and trading game for a living until receiving a formal apology from his mother in the form of a three-page letter. He never went home, but he's been a devoted student of the sword ever since, a known purveyor of martial arts records and manuals, and those that trade with him sometimes comment on his mastery of the social graces. No letter from him was forthcoming, but the rumors reached his parents, who are comforted to know at least one of their children has found something like a positive direction in life.

He's been estranged from the greater motions of society long enough that it's begun to wear on him; he visits the market far more often than he needs to, and has added books of adventure and history to his reading list. At this point he's seriously considering a new vocation and not unlikely to join the first caravan or grand quest that passes by; after news of his eldest sister Yahine leading a successful slaughter of a sizable fishing vessel that ventured too close to Imperial Sandora, he's also become haunted by the suspicion that it may fall to him as blood to put the family mad dog down.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Green Goo Theory

Looks good.  Hoping more of the interested parties show up again by this point. 
Coming soon...

JayNighte

I'm still here. I''m waiting to see what roles become taken, and also to know more about the setting. The world's advancement probably started up again after the end of the game.

Rajah

Quote from: JayNighte on May 13, 2014, 01:48:41 AM
I'm still here. I''m waiting to see what roles become taken, and also to know more about the setting. The world's advancement probably started up again after the end of the game.

Nothing left to wait for. We have a chakram-throwing Dark Wingly who wants to be strong so she won't be sad anymore, and a Light samurai woodcutter who spent years in the wilderness to prove a point to his dysfunctional family. Those're the roles taken, which leaves pretty much everything under the sun open. You're guy #3 in what is so far a three-person group; the best way to attract more people is to be active and present characters those people want to play with. Given that the GM asked for a vote on timeline and guys #1 and #2 have voted, the best way to know more about the setting is probably to throw together a character - or at least a sketch with some background and location indication - and add your vote as well, because then the GM'll have times and places to work from.

Zeth

Well the cool elements of Light and Dark are taken. Which element is the one for spoony bards?

Rajah

Quote from: Zeth on May 13, 2014, 03:56:47 AM
Well the cool elements of Light and Dark are taken. Which element is the one for spoony bards?

Thunder or Wind seem appropriate.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Zeth on May 13, 2014, 03:56:47 AM

Just watch for old men with canes.

JayNighte

So there is a Giganto resurgence? If I remember correctly, there weren't a whole lot left.

Zeth

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 13, 2014, 07:59:07 AM
Just watch for old men with canes.

If I take Thunder I can BE the old man with the cane. >.> <.<

Green Goo Theory

Gigantos will be around, ya
Coming soon...

JayNighte

Well, I have some basic ideas, but I don't know about the town he's from, or whether I can have a  half-human, half-Giganto. Since they are different races, their genetics might not be compatible, so I might just go full-Giganto. Are there any mining towns? I was thinking he'd be a miner before everything happened.

Jxnbury

Name: Alana Devlin.
Race: Wingly, preferably. Though if we are putting a limit on Winglies, I have no problem being human.
Home town: Lohan
Current location: Fueno, preferably. I can start wherever the story needs me to, however.
Element/Color: Red-eyed Dragoon Spirit
Personality: Fiery-temper. Free spirit. (I usually make this mostly up along the way)
History: History will be variant on whether I'm allowed to be a Wingly or whether I will be human.

As far as my opinion on when the story should take place, I would say either pre-LoD date OR very post-LoD.
I dislike when too many people try to be descendants of the main characters. They hardly change any of the traits associated with the actual character.

Rajah

Quote from: JayNighte on May 13, 2014, 01:54:46 PM
Well, I have some basic ideas, but I don't know about the town he's from, or whether I can have a  half-human, half-Giganto. Since they are different races, their genetics might not be compatible, so I might just go full-Giganto. Are there any mining towns? I was thinking he'd be a miner before everything happened.

There's a whole planet. Pick a country, make one up, tell us about it - what do they mine, iron? Silver? Zinc? Are there other Gigantos, perhaps a mixed enclave, or are you alone? Do you integrate well into the community, is it a big city or a small town, etc etc.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: JayNighte on May 13, 2014, 01:54:46 PM

I'd let some leniency in regarding towns that didn't exist.  There's going to be a bit of a time gap and we know stuff like mining towns just explode.  Also, we never had any true confirmation that there was only one giganto left; just that he's the last one left from that one town that we can't even visit during the course of the game.  Which brings me again to the fact that there's a lot of land mass in the game not explored during the course of it all including locations in flash backs and such that we never get to visit.

Quote from: Jxnbury on May 13, 2014, 03:22:42 PM
Name: Alana Devlin.
Race: Wingly, preferably. Though if we are putting a limit on Winglies, I have no problem being human.
Home town: Lohan
Current location: Fueno, preferably. I can start wherever the story needs me to, however.
Element/Color: Red-eyed Dragoon Spirit
Personality: Fiery-temper. Free spirit. (I usually make this mostly up along the way)
History: History will be variant on whether I'm allowed to be a Wingly or whether I will be human.

As far as my opinion on when the story should take place, I would say either pre-LoD date OR very post-LoD.
I dislike when too many people try to be descendants of the main characters. They hardly change any of the traits associated with the actual character.

I'm really only going to ask for a reasonable limit to Wingly characters.  There's a decent population left and not everyone's asking for wingly characters.  So that's fine and I guess fix it up for the Wingly.

Seems that post game (century+) seems to be more popular option.  It's kind of what I wanted to lean towards anyway.

Quote from: Rajah on May 13, 2014, 04:20:14 PM
There's a whole planet. Pick a country, make one up, tell us about it - what do they mine, iron? Silver? Zinc? Are there other Gigantos, perhaps a mixed enclave, or are you alone? Do you integrate well into the community, is it a big city or a small town, etc etc.

this is fine.  Just as long as it's once again reasonable. 

Just to put my earlier comment into perspective...

Not only is there stuff on that map you don't explore in the game there's also entire sections of the map that's missing entirely.  That said even the southern most point visited during the course of the game just barely broken into the sub-tropics indicating that the entire thing also took place on a single hemisphere of an Earth-like planet.

We also know Lenus and Lloyd were not from the two Wingly towns we know about since they were unknowns to both which means at a minimum there's one more place where Winglies live.

As for everyone else now that a time period is set I'll work on typing up some world information over the course of that time period.  I will also mention that even if someone does start with a dragoon spirit at best they'd be like Dart and completely incapable of using it.  You may also have a dragoon spirit of the wrong color just for kicks and it's entirely possible (just like in the game) people don't actually know what a dragoon spirit looks like.  That peddler was trying to sell the earth spirit as a basic stone afterall.

Apologies for the short post earlier.  I was only using my phone and was away from the computer.  I'm back now.
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Green Goo Theory

I thought the level of detail was important...  Especially since it shows locations on it that we definitely don't explore in the game...

Also! I missed this in my earlier response but I'm also generally against offspring characters.  Usually. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

It is a really great map, lol.  It just...took a couple minutes to load o.O

Zeth

So I either want to steal Gala from legend of legaia (A martial arts monk with electric element) or Bart from Xenogears ( Duel whips are just so swag.) Which character would you guys prefer?

EdwardShane

Quote from: Zeth on May 13, 2014, 09:07:55 PM
So I either want to steal Gala from legend of legaia (A martial arts monk with electric element) or Bart from Xenogears ( Duel whips are just so swag.) Which character would you guys prefer?

I'll let the following music give my answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOHyegYn2j8