[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I would say the beacon of the unholy is same as permament caste mark or being known anathema, either way a bad news to avoid wyld hunt coming after you. Rival Lieges could be made simply with being 'wanted' (by underworld/deathlords) or enemy flaws.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 21, 2012, 01:01:05 AM
I would say the beacon of the unholy is same as permament caste mark or being known anathema, either way a bad news to avoid wyld hunt coming after you. Rival Lieges could be made simply with being 'wanted' (by underworld/deathlords) or enemy flaws.

Where are the flaws your using located? I must not have the book.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Scroll of Heroes haves merits/flaws. Sun-Seared (flaw I have) example makes me suffer 1B dmg per hour under bright sun light (or two hours if I am heavily clothed).

Fopr rating wise 5 dot version enemy means elder lunar/solar and I would count a deathlord being worthy of 5 dot. But it means in start of every story the ST throws d10 dice and if he rolls 5 or less, it means enemy somehow tries screw you over (and it usually means a deathknight belonging to said deathlord in this scale or nephwrack). Wanted means that variable elements are trying hunt you down (so it would not be just single deathlord but whole underworld; meaning many elder ghosts and allies of all deathlords and many deathlords and can also include some living Creation based folks who hunt you down; like Immaculate Monks or ghost/undead exorcists).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 21, 2012, 01:06:40 AM
Scroll of Heroes haves merits/flaws. Sun-Seared (flaw I have) example makes me suffer 1B dmg per hour under bright sun light (or two hours if I am heavily clothed).

Fopr rating wise 5 dot version enemy means elder lunar/solar and I would count a deathlord being worthy of 5 dot. But it means in start of every story the ST throws d10 dice and if he rolls 5 or less, it means enemy somehow tries screw you over (and it usually means a deathknight belonging to said deathlord in this scale or nephwrack). Wanted means that variable elements are trying hunt you down (so it would not be just single deathlord but whole underworld; meaning many elder ghosts and allies of all deathlords and many deathlords and can also include some living Creation based folks who hunt you down; like Immaculate Monks or ghost/undead exorcists).

I have a theme song now too <3

Maybe it should drop to 4 since The Bodhisattva isn't set specifically on killing The Widow, at least not yet. (Then again if he doesn't give the things he sends out that memo it makes no difference) The Bodhisattva has enough resources, military might, and servants that I don't think we have to worry about him not being large enough "scale".

AndyZ

I could be wrong, but I think you meant to be Daybreak and not Midnight.  Daybreaks are the Twilight mirror, while Midnights are the Zenith mirror.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Quote from: Dracorion on November 20, 2012, 11:47:18 AM
AndyZ: You spent 28 ability dots, yet you have 1 extra ability dot bought with BP that wasn't spent anywhere.

Yeah, I miscounted.  Thank you.

Hmmm...

Wait wait wait.  Are you letting people start with Essence 4?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Dracorion

Alright, so upon further reflection I'm not allowing players to start with Essence 4. That can be balanced when you don't have flaws in the equation so players have to burn most of their BP, but with people allowed to take as many or a few flaws as they like, people can have a ton of BP leftover after buying Essence 4.

As for your character, Enchantress, I went over it with Andy's character already, but I'm not really allowing the sterility flaw for Abyssals. Except maybe as a one-dot merit. Otherwise, you're just going to have to avoid that sin against the Neverborn the hard way.

I don't think I'm going to allow your two Vampire: the Masquerade flaws. As Zaer suggested, you could take the Silver Prince as an Enemy or with the Wanted flaw. The Permament Caste Mark flaw also gives you two points and is kind of what you were going for. People won't recognize you as an Abyssal, but they'll think it's a tattoo so most people who don't like Abyssals might dislike you. On the other hand, it can still be hidden.

Zaer Darkwail

Altough note; most folks recognize 'anathema marks' when they see it (it is after all wide spread legend/lore). But true you can cover it until you spend peripheral motes.

Dracorion

Yeah, but since the mark doesn't glow, as long as people don't know the character they could concievably pass it off as a tattoo.

RSGAlex

Granted, that's about as smart as saying that you got a tattoo that says "Child Molester" on your head because you liked how it looked.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Dracorion

Better to have people think you're a mortal Anathema-worshipper than having them think you're Anathema.

Yeah, the Flaw can be troublesome. Which is the point.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Dracorion on November 21, 2012, 10:16:10 AM
Alright, so upon further reflection I'm not allowing players to start with Essence 4. That can be balanced when you don't have flaws in the equation so players have to burn most of their BP, but with people allowed to take as many or a few flaws as they like, people can have a ton of BP leftover after buying Essence 4.

As for your character, Enchantress, I went over it with Andy's character already, but I'm not really allowing the sterility flaw for Abyssals. Except maybe as a one-dot merit. Otherwise, you're just going to have to avoid that sin against the Neverborn the hard way.

I don't think I'm going to allow your two Vampire: the Masquerade flaws. As Zaer suggested, you could take the Silver Prince as an Enemy or with the Wanted flaw. The Permament Caste Mark flaw also gives you two points and is kind of what you were going for. People won't recognize you as an Abyssal, but they'll think it's a tattoo so most people who don't like Abyssals might dislike you. On the other hand, it can still be hidden.

Ah no labyrinth circle necromancy for me then. That does give me a lot more points though.

That actually makes sense on the sterile flaw. I don't think a genderless abyssal exalted from a homosexual male would be having much of an issue with that either way. I'll probably just take the merit since I can't fathom any way my character could either get pregnant or get someone pregnant. Unless of course action "H.R Gigeresque Tentacle rape" will lead to "Your subject is now pregnant. He will be giving birth to the Kraken under the full moon" .

I didn't have access to the scroll of heroes which is why I had some oddball flaws. I'll change them around now that I have it.

I still didn't get an answer on the spell question though.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: AndyZ on November 21, 2012, 03:00:31 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you meant to be Daybreak and not Midnight.  Daybreaks are the Twilight mirror, while Midnights are the Zenith mirror.

I meant Midnight. The Widow would either be Daybreak that also has a strong resemblance to a midnight, or a Midnight that has a strong resemblance to a Daybreak. I chose the latter, do you think the former would be a better option?

Quote from: Dracorion on November 21, 2012, 01:23:12 PM
Better to have people think you're a mortal Anathema-worshipper than having them think you're Anathema.

Yeah, the Flaw can be troublesome. Which is the point.

Considering the Widow is actively gathering a cult around it there is going to be some trouble either way. Of course every potential problem is also a potential plot seed. On a story level these things often bring more interaction with the setting.  On a meta level they mean "This character is stronger then average but has to use some of that strength to deal with it's stronger than average problems"

AndyZ

Re Z L

Quote from: RSGAlex on November 21, 2012, 01:04:57 PM
Granted, that's about as smart as saying that you got a tattoo that says "Child Molester" on your head because you liked how it looked.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 21, 2012, 04:09:12 PM

There is always 7 BP for "Known Anathema"

It's like picking between two plates of food, one's poisoned and the other has been sitting out for a few days!   ;D
A&A

ChaoticSky

I want to add, that i am no longer on fire, apparently i need to be less blatantly obvious.

Re Z L

Quote from: Darkling on November 21, 2012, 04:17:56 PM
I want to add, that i am no longer on fire, apparently i need to be less blatantly obvious.

It's okay, we still love you anyway  ;)
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Darkling on November 21, 2012, 04:17:56 PM

Being platantly obvious is part of Fair Folk job description! You start with App 7 and that alone turns gazes around.

Edit; Like the new pic, I always imagine non-elemental fair folk present elves quite a lot ;).

PaleEnchantress: Midnight has nice anima power and it's usual their job to create cults of death anyway while Daybreak focus more on crafting horrors. Use the spare 7 BP to build contacts, spies, followers and cult members (or get even manse which could work as cultist location, there are wonderful wondrous architecture what you can have in manse and abyssal has one which turns everyone who dies in there a ghost bound to serve manse/owner).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 21, 2012, 04:37:36 PM
Being platantly obvious is part of Fair Folk job description! You start with App 7 and that alone turns gazes around.

Edit; Like the new pic, I always imagine non-elemental fair folk present elves quite a lot ;).

PaleEnchantress: Midnight has nice anima power and it's usual their job to create cults of death anyway while Daybreak focus more on crafting horrors. Use the spare 7 BP to build contacts, spies, followers and cult members (or get even manse which could work as cultist location, there are wonderful wondrous architecture what you can have in manse and abyssal has one which turns everyone who dies in there a ghost bound to serve manse/owner).

I'm not the only one with an App of 7 then?

I have followers, cult members, and a very nice Manse (with a temple thematic). I might use the spare points to increase the cult by a step though. If I'm going to be a blatant anathema anyway I might as well play the part.

AKunoichi

Is there still room for a Zenith?

I have a Zenith temple prostitute I made for a game that collapsed before it got off the ground (actually she's been in two games that didn't make it past the first scene, it's not my fault honest)

ChaoticSky

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 21, 2012, 05:02:20 PM
I'm not the only one with an App of 7 then?

I have followers, cult members, and a very nice Manse (with a temple thematic). I might use the spare points to increase the cult by a step though. If I'm going to be a blatant anathema anyway I might as well play the part.
Yes, im a raksha, we get to cheat...  ;D

The short version is that we make our own bodies as we want them, and we see no reason to hold to your puny mortal limits. As such our stats can go up to 7 without bp, start at 3, instead of 1, and we get a ton of attribute dots, social is my secondary and i have 5cha/4man/7app. They are also totally unlocked from the getgo. Finally, I can also get more dots with a cheap charm instead of costly attribute dots xp costs, so it wont be long before i have 8 app.

I dont actually have many of my social charms yet, but once i get them ill beable to pull all kinds of creepy awesome social fu.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Darkling on November 21, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Yes, im a raksha, we get to cheat...  ;D

The short version is that we make our own bodies as we want them, and we see no reason to hold to your puny mortal limits. As such our stats can go up to 7 without bp, start at 3, instead of 1, and we get a ton of attribute dots, social is my secondary and i have 5cha/4man/7app. They are also totally unlocked from the getgo. Finally, I can also get more dots with a cheap charm instead of costly attribute dots xp costs, so it wont be long before i have 8 app.

I dont actually have many of my social charms yet, but once i get them ill beable to pull all kinds of creepy awesome social fu.

I'm stuck at 7 app for quite a while (unless I resort to using even more magic, which is really the only reason it's 7 to begin with.).  The Raksha are pretty awesome I've always liked their flavor.

I'm not set on an image for my character yet. I think these all have the right combination of eerie and beautiful to capture that "I don't know if I should pop a boner or run away screaming" feeling that I'm trying to go for.

This is almost perfect. The colors are great and it even shows The Widows tentacles and has a forehead brand to represent the permanent caste mark. The downside is it isn't particularly high quality or artistic of an image.

This one is a more artistic and higher quality representation of the above character. The colors of the outfit don't like as well, the breasts are played up a bit more (The widow does not have massive jugs), and it's obvious that it's a picture of The Cloud Of Darkness. I don't want the fame of the character the image was made for overshadowing that of The Widow.

This one has a has some of the benefits of one and some of 2 with different downsides. Mostly this game is full of gynosexuals and this image would be slightly more appealing to androsexuals.