Adventurer's Guild (5th Edition DND)

Started by Lyku, December 12, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Kind of tempted to join too. I'm eyeing at human battle master fighter with the crossbow expert feat.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lyku

For those that haven't yet, please provide a brief background for your character including what lead to you joining the Guild.  So for lack of updates yesterday.  Something came up and put me back by a day.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Muse

Lynx and I are working on characters together right now. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sain

By the way. Fighters get to choose:

• (a) chain mail or (b) leather, longbow, and 20 arrows
Rapier

Is it alright if I substitute the longbow with heavy crossbow? Both are of equal value (50g) and martial ranged weapons.

Zaer Darkwail

I think you get choice of martial weapon somepoint in the list.

Sain

Yes, but I want the light armor option and it'd make no sense to have longbow if my chara uses crossbows.

Lyku

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, if want ligther armor option then that request makes sense :). Anycase short background added to my char.

Sain

Name: Rigael
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hit Points: 13/13
Armor class: 14
Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30

STR: 12 (1+)
DEX: 17 (3+)
CON: 16 (3+)
INT: 10 (0+)
WIS: 14 (2+)
CHA: 8 (1-)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Sleight of Hand (+5)
   • Stealth (+5)
   • Acrobatics (+5)
   • Athletics (+3)
   • Perception (+4)
Saving Throws:
   • Strength (+3)
   • Constitution (+5)
Equipment:
   • All armor and shields
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
• Disguise Kit
   • Thieves tools
Languages: Common, Elvish

Features and traits
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Dex, Con)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Perception)
• One feat (Crossbow Expert)
Class
• Second Wind (bonus action | heal 1d0+fighter level | 1/short/long rest)
• Fighting style: Archery (+2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.)
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I like to squeeze into small places where no one else can get to me.
   • I don’t like to bathe.
Ideal Trait:
   • Community. We have to take care of each other, because no one else is going to do it. (Lawful)
Bond Trait:
   • I sponsor an orphanage because they need the money more than I do.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am easily swayed and manipulated by displays of emotion.
Feature: City Secrets
   • You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Equipment

Currency: 9 sp 8 cp
Small knife
A rank of insignia from a lost legionnaire
Odd iron amulet (memento from parents)
Set of common clothes
Map of the city
Belt pouch
Leather armor
Rapier
Hand Crossbow, 20 bolts
Heavy Crossbow, 20 bolts
Light Crossbow, 20 bolts
3 Case Crossbow bolt
Manacles
Sack
Sealing Wax
2 Daggers
Tinderbox
Chalk
A backpack
A crowbar
A hammer
10 pitons
10 torches
A tinderbox
10 days of rations
A waterskin
50 feet of hempen rope

Deep within a dark damp forest known as Mistwoods, beyond the Thornwall manned by tiny elves and pixies who keep the horrors out, are supposedly some rural settlements still inhabited by man despite all the dangers that lurk within. Odd cults, cannibal tribes and heinous criminals make nest there where no regular men, elf or dwarf dare to set foot. Supposedly this is where Rigael was born. The details are a bit fuzzy to her; she doesn’t remember much from the early childhood aside from the occasional dream, but she knows that it is where she got her scar from.

Rigael was brought to civilization by a tired man fleeing from his past. She still remembers vividly how he picked her up from her bed and gave her his shiny badge to calm her down as he dragged her out of the woods. The man promised to come by as he left her by one of the Watch’s many orphanages, patted her head and was never seen again by Rigael.

Growing up, the little girl retained some of her reclusive tendencies and the quietness that had no doubt helped her to survive in Mistwoods. Despite not being very great at dealing with other kids and later adults, Rigael really likes company and has always had strong need to belong, which some have ruthlessly exploited to make her do all sorts of favors for them.

Eventually it came time to graduate the orphanage. Rigael knew that she would not make a great wife or mother so she had to make a living on her own, but she thought that she had accumulated next to no useful qualities and would be doomed to end up on the streets or worse. This misconception was shattered when one day, unexpectedly, one thing led to another in a cascade of coincidences and she shot a bandit right between the eyes. One very scary questioning and a lot of soul searching later Rigael knew that she was to be an adventurer.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, cannot read charsheet Muse. Asks me to log in gmail to able read it.

Muse

Not a lot there yet Zaer, but I'll share her now.  She's basicaly a draconic bloodline sorceress with a sword.  :)

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, I see :). As note if you want another cantrip, there is wizard's apprentice background in earlier link to DnD resources (gives also arcane and sleight of hand skill profincies and also profiency to calligraphy tools and herbalist kit, besides +1 cantrip known from wizard list and using int for it). Cantrips overall are pretty useful.

Muse

oh, that is neat!  Where is that link?  *Goes looking* 

Zaer Darkwail

At first page in here. It's in the characther creation section and file called 5e Player's Option-additional races/classes/backgrounds (Version 1.1).

Lyku

Do not post, beginning intro, have to leave but posted beginning so I dont lose what I have.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, not touching but have to ask; would the guild system have bit similar theme/feel like Fairy Tail mage guilds? As there are 'noble and good' adventurer's guild there is the 'dark adventurer's' guild which do unsavory and highly illegal tasks/quests? So in essence no thieves guild really as those tasks are covered by dark guilds? Also presume some council overlooks overall guild activities so none them go too far or such with missions.

Sain

Already planning on having your elf turn into a bad guy :P?

Muse

I think Sariel's playable now.  The blanks in her background will be filled in when Lynx gets back on. 

eternaldarkness

Decided to go Fighter after all. I wanted something fun and survivable at low levels, so i made a versatile melee character with a fun backstory who will eventually be incredibly tanky.

Name: Dorian Cundrie (Real Name: Toren Greenly)
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Charlatan
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hit Points: 13
Armor class: 18
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 18/+4 (+1 Racial, +1 Heavy Armor Master)
DEX: 12/+1
CON: 16/+3 (+1 Racial)
INT: 8/-1
WIS: 10/+0
CHA: 14/+2

Saves: Str +6, Dex +1, Con +5, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +2

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Acrobatics +1
        • Animal Handling +2 (Trained)
        • Arcana -1
        • Athletics +6 (Trained)
   • Deception +4 (Trained)
        • History -1
   • Insight +0
        • Intimidate +2
        • Investigation -1
        • Medicine +2 (Trained)
        • Nature -1
   • Perception +0
        • Performance +2
   • Persuasion +2
        • Religion -1
        • Sleight of Hand +3 (Trained)
        • Survival +0

Tools:
        • Disguise Kit
        • Forgery Kit

Languages: Common, Dwarven

Features and Traits:
Racial
   • +1 to any two Ability Scores
   • Bonus Skill Proficiency
   • Bonus Feat

Class Features

Fighting Style: Dueling

When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and
no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls
with that weapon.

Second Wind

You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on
to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use
a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your
fighter level.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or
long rest before you can use it again.

Feats
Heavy Armor Master

You can use your armor to deflect strikes that would kill
others. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a Maximum of 20.
While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning.
piercing, and slashing damage that you take from nonmagical
weapons is reduced by 3.

Background

Favorite Scheme:
    • I put on new identities like clothes.

Personality Traits:
   • I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.

Ideal Trait:
   • I'm determined to be the hero my brother never was.

Bond Trait:
   • I come from a noble family, and one day I will reclaim my lands and title.

Flaw Trait:
   • I can't resist a pretty face.

Feature: False Identity
You have created a second identity that includes
documentation, established acquaintances, and
disguises that allow you to assume that persona.
Additionally, you can forge documents including official
papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an
example of the kind of document or the handwriting you
are trying to copy.

Biography
The adopted child of two farmers, Toren Greenly loathed his poor upbringing and always dreamed of a life of wealth and promise, but opportunities to move up in the world were few and far between for someone of his social class. Desperate to escape what he saw as a loathsome fate, he joining the local lords garrison, and while he was strong and a skilled fighter, military life didn't suit him and he decided to desert. Unfortunately on the night when he intended to hatch his plan and sneak off, his village was attacked by goblinoid raiders, and as he was fleeing he came upon a knight, hurt and unable to reach aid.

While he was ambitious and selfish, Toren was a good person at heart, and leaving an injured person to die was far beyond what his conscience would allow, and when he went to remove the disabled warrior's helm he was shocked to find himself staring into his own face. Toren and the knight, who was named Sir Dorian Cundrie, spent the next several days in eachothers' company, and it didn't take them long to realize that the reason they seemed to have identical appearances was because they were in fact twin brothers, and both realized that they were opposite - Toren was brave and ambitious, whilst the cowardly Dorian wanted nothing more than a simple, peaceful life existence.

The two hatched a plan - they would switch identities. Dorian's injuries would allow him to depart from military service and assume Toren's life as a farmer, and Toren would take his twins arms and armor and assume his identity as a wandering knight errant. Since then, the silver-tongued farmboy has claimed the identity of his noble-born twin, traveling and remaining far from home to avoid giving up the ruse. The greatest problem he has had is that he's found he genuinely enjoys doing good and helping others, and he fears that as his fame grows he will find it harder and harder to keep up his masquerade.

Personality
Toren is a walking contradiction - a silver-tongued scumbag who nonetheless is a born hero, unflinchingly brave and good-hearted and utterly unable to resist a pretty face or a person in need of help.

Equipment

Chain mail
Longsword
Shield
Explorer's pack
A set of fine clothes
a disguise kit
House Cundrie Signet Ring
and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

Lyku

I've never seen fairy tail. If you are asking about the existence of the Thieve's Guild... They are only a myth.... I promise....    *shifty eyes*

Guancyto

Hmm, I have been meaning to try out 5th edition, and my workload is suddenly no longer devastating, so consider interest posted.

Possibly as a dwarf wizard of some flavor since I only have the Basic rules handy.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on December 15, 2015, 06:11:17 AM
For those that haven't yet, please provide a brief background for your character including what lead to you joining the Guild.  So for lack of updates yesterday.  Something came up and put me back by a day.

Done. It's hard to do a barbarian background that doesn't star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Lyku

Watch post is finished.  The following characters are rady and approved for play:

Zystria - AndyZ
Taran - Chulanowa (Who reminds me a lot of my SGA character, both with weapon style and name....)
Adran Sunglade - Zaer Darkwail
Rigael - Sain
Dorian Cundrie - eternaldarkness

Characters Pending
Ychara Usepht - Bibliophilia - Just need. a background and once posted, you are good to play.
Sariel Gemblossom - I am counting a total of 6 cantrips.  Background gives you 1, race gives you 1 and class gives you 3.  Where is the last one from?

Using standard format, please use the location format of:

Name: [Insert Name]
Tagging: [Blah]
Notes: [Blah blah]
---

This will clarify things.  The official guild is called the Watch, and the town is commonly called that also, but the towns name is Greendawn.  Class A residents are only permitted in the lower quarters.  Besides what was mentioned, locations can include the Lower Quarter streets and could also be outside of the Gates.  The are near the town is moderately forested.  I will cut parts of the map posted above to pinpoint where on the map instead of describing it poorly (Circle and a dot on the map near middle/right side and trees.). You do not start with your license and you need to pick it up from the where you would get jobs.  They are 5 silver to apply for a license which gives you free lodging for a month and your first five missions for free.