Rainy Days - Modern romantic fairytale.

Started by Kakihara, March 05, 2008, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

Rainy Days.

In a life that had few bright spots, Raine McCallum remembers the best time of his early life.  His father was too busy in the city to go with his mother, a woman who pretended it was still the ‘70’s, and him to his grandparents house in upper Illinois, on the shores of Lake Michigan.  He had just hit his teens and was a bundle of energy, going for long hikes every day.  One day, he got turned around and got lost in the woods.  Panicking, he ran as fast as he could only to fall down a steep incline, twisting his ankle and whacking his head against a gnarled tree.

He woke up to a young girl cradling his head in her lap and mopping his brow with a piece of wet cloth.  He looked up into her bight, big eyes and felt himself floating, the pain of his body long away.  She held him until he felt well enough to walk, guiding him out of the dark woods.  She left him at the tree line and he returned home to his worried families.

Many days that summer, he returned to the woods to find his new friend and play together.  She showed him many secrets of the land around them, from deep in the forest to far out in the lake.  He always felt safe and secure with her and the summer quickly slipped away.  Soon, it was time to go back to the city and leave his new friend.

Eventually, the memory faded slightly in his mind, forgetting the almost mystical appearance of his savoir and the strange, ethereal feel of his time with her, remembering only a strange girl he had fun with.  Life moved on and Raine had to grow up, becoming the man he had never really wanted too be.  The music he loved had to be put away to be serious and make the capital everyone expected of him. 

Life has gotten confusing with all the complications of being everything to everyone.  His fiancé has dumped him, his job has him working all hours of the night and his mother finally lost the long struggle with cancer.  Dark, sad thoughts fill his mind as he goes for long drives and walks, wanting an end to all the pain.

The story would revolve around Raine at his lowest stumbling apon his lost friend again.  They would strike up their friendship again when they both need someone and it growing into something more.  I’ve left the female character open to either be a nature spirit or a fairy or whatever the writer would like it to be.

DreadD

Hrm... If male playing female does not offend, I would be interestead in playing your lady sprite.  Would it be problematic if she were a dryad or some such that could not go far from her forest home?

Kakihara

I actually have no problem with a male player playing the female character as long as they are playing a good character.  Unfortunatly one did PM me first but I appreciate the interest, some of the first since I've come back to the game.

Thanks again,
Kakihara